• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Doctor won't give me valium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexii

Greenlighter
I don't get anxiety everyday and I use homeopathic methods of treating it but some days I get them at times when I can't afford to get them. So they prescribe me Cymbolta for crying out loud!

Bunch of idiots.

Do you really want to live life in a drug addled haze. Valium is addicting I don't think you need it, its only for severe cases of anxiety disorder not people wanting to get a buzz. It is extremely addicting and can kill you when you stop taking it so do you think doctors ate gonna give it to everybody who walks in and says I get nervous at times so gimme some valium. That would be dumb. Valium barely gives you any kind of feeling anyways it doesn't get you high at all. There are other medications out there better than Valium mabye go on anti depressants or something. The fact that your asking your doctor for a drug like Valium by name is enough to raise alarms that your just drug seeking. People like you male it harder for people with severe disorders to get the medication they need to function everyday.

You know, I don't know MUCH.

But one thing I do know is that valium isn't the only drug that works for anxiety.

Did you ask your doc for Klonopin? That's what I use. What about Xanax or Lorazapem or the many other drugs for anxiety?

Make sure you are not looking for a high and rather, looking for anxiety relief.

Believe me, I know that the two can become VERY similar and some on here might not tell you that.

But you need to be sure of your intention.

Find a GOOD doctor, ask for a med for anxiety relief and listen to ALL his instructions.

Ask for hydroxyzine- an antihistamine with anti anxiety properties.
Non addictive and effective to a higher degree than one would expect.
You don't need a benzo addiction. Trust me.

What's with all the benzo hate? Benzodiazepines have improved my life greatly...unlike anti-depressants you can take them when you get a panic attack and have it relieved pretty much immediately (for me anyway, I realize that there's a wide spectrum of human experience when it comes to benzodiazepines). Propranolol does not work as well, IMO they've yet to come out with a benzo alternative that stacks up in terms of ability to negate panic. Diazepam for me is one of the more "sedating" benzos and I'd rather take clonazepam or bromazepam (or lorazepam, but that one was a little "too good"), but different strokes and all that. I disagree that drugs like Valium are "extremely" addicting, hell they use it and Librium to get addicts to kick, so...

Buy some Etiz online.

How's that for HR. :|

As long as you have any sense of self control and aren't planning on getting fucked up off these on day 1... taking benzos is fine.
It only becomes a problem when you're taking them regularly, on a constant basis, every day or 2 for long periods of time. That's when you become physically dependant on them and they start messing with your brain and body.

I haven't actually been to my doctor about my anxiety, because I do not trust him as he mis-diagnoses the most simple shit. He is the -last- fucking person I'm gonna speak to about an issue like this.
From what I've read though I have no idea why other doctors are so uptight about prescribing benzos.

I can't go to a dentist appt without feeling like every part of my body is failing at the same time and feeling like I'm bout to get a panic attack... I take 3mg Etizolam and I walk in there smiling and relaxed with a normal heart rate.

There's barely any potential for abuse with benzos anyway so what's the point?

What's with all the benzo hate? Benzodiazepines have improved my life greatly...unlike anti-depressants you can take them when you get a panic attack and have it relieved pretty much immediately (for me anyway, I realize that there's a wide spectrum of human experience when it comes to benzodiazepines). Propranolol does not work as well, IMO they've yet to come out with a benzo alternative that stacks up in terms of ability to negate panic. Diazepam for me is one of the more "sedating" benzos and I'd rather take clonazepam or bromazepam (or lorazepam, but that one was a little "too good"), but different strokes and all that. I disagree that drugs like Valium are "extremely" addicting, hell they use it and Librium to get addicts to kick, so...

No benzo hate bro.. i been addicted to them 10 years due to schizoaffective disorder and need them to function normally.
I just don't think everyone who has anxiety should have to jump straight to benzos with the mind state that they are the only thing that will work, therefore making everything else not work because it "ain't a benzo".
Just trying to help another person not get on something they may not need and end up with a shitty addiction in the end.

-HOOD

Yes, also on the "benzo hate".

Listen, I understand everyone not wanting to get on very addictive substances.

That said: if you are like me and probably NEED them, do not consider your doctor a demon who is not "blue light certified" to know what's up

Seriously: people get cocky and go the other way thinking actual DOCTORS NEVER know the truth, even despite being MDs.

Some DO know what is up.

I need Klonopin, I won't let people tell me otherwise and I wish I didn't need it.

Just saying, look into shit personally, do research, and just because benzos are highly addictive doesn't mean you might not need them.

I am resolved to the fact that I MAY need them for life.

I dont like the idea and hope I can get off them but they are NOT evil.

No drug is.

I don't know where are you are from, but if its the UK, no way in hell is a doctor going to give you a drug like Valium if you ask for it. They are just really tight fisted with Benzos here, after a stupid loser got addicted and sued the NHS. Whereas before they handed it out like candy, now its near impossible to get a script for it. And if they DO give you some, its never for more than two weeks.

Having said all that, I do think its better to try out other drugs before embarking on benzos. I'm not dissming you need for them, but they are addictive, and have terrible WDs so why not try everything else out there before using benzos as a last result.

If things are really bad, then don't get Etizolam from the net...get Pyrozalam. Its a much better anti-anxiety that subtly works in the background and you remain fully functionally. Etiz are too recreational to recommend.

I don't get anxiety everyday and I use homeopathic methods of treating it but some days I get them at times when I can't afford to get them. So they prescribe me Cymbolta for crying out loud!

Bunch of idiots.

Haha! An old friend of mine was talking to me about this literally two days ago. Pretty much - they try you on every other alternative to benzo's. Once you've then gone through 4 years of literally every different fucking med you can think of - that's when they'll give you benzo's.

Anyways, Imma go message my old friend again now. Thanks for reminding me ;)

No benzo hate bro.. i been addicted to them 10 years due to schizoaffective disorder and need them to function normally.
I just don't think everyone who has anxiety should have to jump straight to benzos with the mind state that they are the only thing that will work, therefore making everything else not work because it "ain't a benzo".
Just trying to help another person not get on something they may not need and end up with a shitty addiction in the end.

-HOOD

Well I take benzos every day, so I'm probably technically "addicted" to them. Can't think of any drug that I take every day besides cannabis. But usually I only take 1 mg of Klonopin a day and it works pretty well for me. I obviously don't take these drugs to "get high", and I honestly don't really understand why people do, but that's OK, no offense to them, I'm sure people would shake their heads in bemusement in regards to all the weird things I do. I realize the facts regarding benzo withdrawal (although I've never experienced it myself), but when used as medically directed I think that benzodiazepines are very safe drugs. People should just try and "be smart" about taking them, ie not constantly escalate their doses or wash 'em down with a handle of whiskey and some pain killers.

The point about making an honest self-appraisal about why the OP wants Valium in particular is a fair point to make I think. Is it because Valium is the only benzo they know of, or there's some particular quality of Valium that makes it especially appealing, or whatever.

Well I take benzos every day, so I'm probably technically "addicted" to them. Can't think of any drug that I take every day besides cannabis. But usually I only take 1 mg of Klonopin a day and it works pretty well for me. I obviously don't take these drugs to "get high", and I honestly don't really understand why people do, but that's OK, no offense to them, I'm sure people would shake their heads in bemusement in regards to all the weird things I do. I realize the facts regarding benzo withdrawal (although I've never experienced it myself), but when used as medically directed I think that benzodiazepines are very safe drugs. People should just try and "be smart" about taking them, ie not constantly escalate their doses or wash 'em down with a handle of whiskey and some pain killers.

The point about making an honest self-appraisal about why the OP wants Valium in particular is a fair point to make I think. Is it because Valium is the only benzo they know of, or there's some particular quality of Valium that makes it especially appealing, or whatever.

In response to the short paragraph at the end of your post...I would assume they know of other benzodiazepines, because most people that know that Diazepam is a benzodiazepine know what other drugs belong in the class. People that aren't so educated in the ins-and-outs of pharmaceuticals usually just know that Valium is used for anxiety.

OP never replied back to this thread, so we can't tell if they're just trying to get a Valium script because they like it or if their issues truly warrant benzodiazepine treatment. I will say in my case, for some reason, the only benzodiazepines that work for me are Alprazolam for anxiety and Estazolam for Insomnia. It could be have to do with the fact that my tolerance to all gabaminergic substances is sky high, but nothing will calm an anxiety attack for me short of 2mg of SL Xanax. I've gotten 2mg of Ativan IV and it does nothing. Maybe my brain is just wired to require triazolo benzodiazepines for some reason. And it is nigh impossible for me to get high off of these substances at this point.

"Because I get nervous at time"

"To get a buzz"

Oh come on guys - If I wanted to get a buzz I would go and buy DRUGS. Good old fashioned back alley off your face DRUGS.

The purpose of the thread was merely a rant. I was having anxiety at the time I wrote it - sorry.

I don't call getting 150+bpm from sitting down and watching TV, mixed with the general feeling of anxiousness, fear and worry as getting "nervous". The reason I rarely get anxiety is because I do all the homeopathic methods of reduction which is exercise, good diet, very minimal caffeine intake (if any really) and staying away from Cannabis which is one of the saddest things I've had to turn away from due to heart complications.

There are just times when you go through a string of attacks that leave you absolutely shaken that you wish you could just take something that will calm you down and get you back on your way. I've had experience with Valium; a month ago I was at my cousins place who has an anxiety disorder out of this world. I don't know what brought it on - I've no stress nor was in a bad environment - was merely kicking back having a discussion. All of a sudden I get the domino effect - Right side chest pain, 2 seconds of dizziness followed by some crazy ass fear and the rapid heart rate. He flips me a pill, which I later found out was 5mg Valium. 20 minutes later it took full effect. It was absolutely serene. I thought to myself, "All those other times where I've had to wade it out when I could have had this and calm down quickly". My first attack took an hour and a half to two hours to subside. Every other attack lasted about 30 minutes. This was happening every other day but since I went to the Gym, ate better and reduced caffeine and cut out the weed, I probably get one a week give or take. sometimes I do get a quick bout or flutter but they are short lived and I pat myself on the back because something I'm going must be right, and I wouldn't even count those as "attacks"... But those attacks do come, and they suck...

I do try my best, you know. That Cymbalta just makes me feel groggy and sick.

Last edited:
How dare you imply that I am merely drug seeking and how abhorantly deplorable that you assume off the bat that I am the reason that people with real disorders cannot get treated! Shame on you, absolute shame on you!

How dare you imply that I am merely drug seeking and how abhorantly deplorable that you assume off the bat that I am the reason that people with real disorders cannot get treated! Shame on you, absolute shame on you!

I believe he said that the DOCTORS would think you are drug seeking by asking for a script of it..

The fact that your asking your doctor for a drug like Valium by name is enough to raise alarms that your just drug seeking.

Yeah.. that's what he meant.

Lol when you ask for a drug like Valium before trying every possible non addictive substance out there you are technically drug seeking. You said in your first post you don't get it everyday but sometimes you get anxiety when you can't afford to. Um okay that doesn't sound like a person with a debilitating disorder it sounds like someone who want s something for a confidence boost when they need it not somebody like my mom who hasn't been able to hold down a job for 10 years who can't leave their house without passing out or crying their eyes out.
My mother finds it hard to get her medication she needs and so many doctors have cut her off leaving her every time trying to commit suicide because she can't live without some benzo.

The fact is your seeking out Valium that's plain and simple like many of us said Valium is addicting and not a fun thing to get hooked to. Yea taking it everyday will do this but once in a while it wont but do you really want to take that chance. It sound like you have your whole life ahead of you but somethings troubling you. Try talking to a phycologist they don't prescribe meds they just talk to you about what's troubling you and get to the root causes and teach you ways to cope without addictive meds or shitty anti depressants. Benzos are not the first answer if they threw them out like candy people would be fucked. I could've gone on ativan for a while after I got put of detox but chose not to because I saw people coming off that stuff in their it was the same as booze withdrawals pretty much very terrible to watch let alone go through made heroin withdrawals look like fun.

Now I see a phycologist every month or so and it works good to talk to someone who doesn't judge and knows their stuff.
I know panic attacks I was never as bad as my mother as they just come and go and I don't have fear of leaving my house or anything But when I get them once a week they come on fast and hit hard and they kept getting worse and worse until it was to the point I was worried about blacking right out. First it was the shaking, then the knees buckling under my weight, the feeling of chills, seeing everything through a haze, being unable to talk and an all around feeling of impending doom. I had these once a week then a couple times and so on until I was always fearing them. It wasn't until I started going to the phycologist that I started to improve, I refused to take any meds as my body always gets the worst side effects possible from medications.

It took some time but now I haven't had one in two months which is good considering I've been going through a lot of shit with my dad dying and finding out what a real bastard he really was (story for another time lol) so try other options first then try medication then if all else fails and a doctor determines you can't function in society without benzos then he will prescribe them to you. I'm sure your friend that gave them to you that time had to try some options out before they just threw a script of benzos at him.

Last edited:

Bunch of idiots.

This doesn't sound like a debilitating condition
Sounds like some one who is mad they didn't get Valium's prescribed

Status
Not open for further replies.