• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Of course homeopathy doesn't work – but patients don't want to hear it

Foreigner: Water memory is irrelevant... you don't even have to go there in trying to explain this. You can dilute something ad infinitum and it will always retain a psychic imprint of what was originally in it, and it's the psychic level that homeopathy operates on. It's a subtle energetic medicine.

Source? Evidence? Proof?

How can you prove something with material reductionism that has nothing to do with material reductionism? :?

I don't expect insurance to cover it, or anything else. The average homeopathic remedy is less than $10. If you consider it a waste, then don't buy it.

Just don't restrict my right to waste my money and we're all good. ;)

FWIW, most mass market homeopathic remedies use weak essences. The ones that homeopaths collect, process, and dispense themselves are way more effective. I'd like to know the quality of the essences used in the study, but I guess that info will not be forthcoming.

PIf you don't believe in homeopathy then don't use it, but don't take away my right to take it.

Conversely, if you want to indulge in non-efficacious woo don't ask me to subsidise it with tax dollars and/or insurance premiums :\

I don't expect insurance to cover it

Except that they do. And also society ends up paying in the long run when people choose to engage in treatments that provide no benefit and end up in ERs because they thought drinking water was as equally efficacious as taking a real medicine.

Water memory is irrelevant... you don't even have to go there in trying to explain this. You can dilute something ad infinitum and it will always retain a psychic imprint of what was originally in it, and it's the psychic level that homeopathy operates on. It's a subtle energetic medicine.

Can you please define a "psychic imprint" and explain how it can be measured?

FWIW, most mass market homeopathic remedies use weak essences. The ones that homeopaths collect, process, and dispense themselves are way more effective.

So they have a gretaer "psychic imprint"? Again, can you please define how this works and how you can measure whether one remedy has a greater or lesser imprint than another?

Last edited:
Conversely, if you want to indulge in non-efficacious woo don't ask me to subsidise it with tax dollars and/or insurance premiums :\

I don't live in a country that does that, so this argument is not relevant to me.

Except that they do. And also society ends up paying in the long run when people choose to engage in treatments that provide no benefit and end up in ERs because they thought drinking water was as equally efficacious as taking a real medicine.

Like I said... not a covered benefit in my country, so not my problem.

Can you please define a "psychic imprint" and explain how it can be measured?

Nope, I'm not a homeopath.

So they have a gretaer "psychic imprint"? Again, can you please define how this works and how you can measure whether one remedy has a greater or lesser imprint than another?

I would ask a homeopath to answer that. I'm not qualified.