• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Internet Turned Kratom, a Medical Plant, Into an Oxy-Adderall Lovechild

isthisincognito

Bluelighter
In January, an Oklahoma City TV station warned viewers about kratom, a new drug said to be rapidly taking hold in the community.

“Users say it’s the legal form of heroin, with hallucinogenic effects like LSD,” reported KOKH-TV, Oklahoma City’s Fox affiliate.

At low doses, kratom has a stimulant effect, the station reported, but users had begun taking “high doses, two to three pills at a time, several times a day” and were experiencing the opposite result—something comparable to taking “a fistful of very strong painkillers,” according to an Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics spokesman quoted in the report. Another source, identified as “a man on YouTube,” apparently took “several of the pills” and said it felt like he had taken “40 to 60 milligrams of OxyContin.”

Kratom, which is the ground-up leaf of a tree native to Southeast Asia and typically either consumed in capsule form or brewed into a tea, had already “sent one Oklahoma [sic] to the hospital,” the station reported. State officials told KOKH they were concerned more residents would get sick, with kratom increasingly available in convenience stores, gas stations and, in particular, on the Internet.

Similar reports have aired on local newscasts across the country, telling viewers that kratom is dangerous and potentially addictive, frequently featuring local law enforcement officials or drug counselors comparing it to heroin and to recently trendy synthetic drugs like bath salts, K2, and Spice.

continued - http://motherboard.vice.com/read/ho...oxy-adderall-lovechild?trk_source=recommended

Good lord lol wow if I knew kratom packed that kind of wallop I'd of bought it a long ass time ago!

Fuck I don't want hype articles on kratom, shits a life safer...

ITS LIKE OXY BUT ADDERALL AND HALLUCINOGENIC LIKE LSD AND 2 BILLION CASUALTIES AND COUNTING CAUSES HOLES IN THE BRAIN AND MAKES YOUR DICK SHRINK

thanks journalism

ITS LIKE OXY BUT ADDERALL AND HALLUCINOGENIC LIKE LSD AND 2 BILLION CASUALTIES AND COUNTING CAUSES HOLES IN THE BRAIN AND MAKES YOUR DICK SHRINK

thanks journalism

:D YES!

For anyone who has any doubts whatsoever the efficacy of kratom, check out 7-Hydroxy-Mitragynine, the dopest of kratom alkaloids imho. If you can get it isolated, great stuff (although a tad expensive compared to kratom itself).

@ iamthesuck - On that note you could say that of the majority of the entheogen herb/natural internet community or internet RC community. Personally I've never encountered anything like that with kratom, but of course it's always a possibility (not just with kratom but any herb/substance purchased off the net/street, although of course much much less an issue from a trusted vender/chemist/pharmacy).

I am not a big fan of opiates, and I was also not particularly attracted to kratom.
Smoking it made me feel slow and relaxed, but I feel slow and relaxed most of the time anyway.
So, even though I bought some good quality extract, I quickly gave up on it and left it laying around for years.
If I had only known that it causes hallucinations like LSD, I might have kept trying with stronger doses :|

^ it doesn't cause LSD like hallucinations, just opioid pipe dream style, I've never had them from kratom but I'm also quite tolerant to opioids being an exheroin addict. Can you tell us more about ur experience smoking in kratoms megathread I've never heard of someone using that roa.

what a joke.. no wonder I dont watch TV let alone fucking mainstream "news."

Kratom reminds me of tobacco, in that, low doses tend to stimulate me, whereas, higher dosages usually have a mildly narcotic (sedating) effect. In terms of recreational value to someone who prefers mu-opioid agonists, I'd rate kratom as slightly more euphoric than a high dosage of codeine, or a moderate dosage of tramadol.

Isn't kratom already illegal for a few years now in Louisiana?

Regardless, sometimes I wish the media didn't exist - for reasons like this.

The fact that another state is seemingly freaking out over this plant which has been used for so long without attention from the usual suspects - it's really sad to see. Haven't they got anything better to do?

Fuck this drug war.

Holocaust in slow motion is exactly what it is.

^It's illegal in Australia and a few SE Asian countries, and has been for years

^It's illegal in Australia and a few SE Asian countries, and has been for years

I am aware that it's illegal in Thailand, but had no idea about Australia, and other SE Asian countries.

I wish I had more hands, so that I could give this article four thumbs down :sus:

However, thank you very much to everyone who contributes to DitM by posting drug-related articles. You guys are doing a fantastic job - keep up the good work! =D

P.S. - For anyone who's looking for a caffeine alternative to start their work day, why not give a small amount of kratom a try? I've tried it in capsule form, and also as a tea. It's really not bad at all (although, you may end up hating it as we all have our preferences). Definitely not as dangerous as this article makes it sound like. As long as you're not suffering from hypertension, or are sensitive to stimulants (e.g. panic attacks from coffee), or are allergic to coffee family plants and their constituents, chances are that you should be fine provided that you start low and go slow.

However, thank you very much to everyone who contributes to DitM by posting drug-related articles. You guys are doing a fantastic job - keep up the good work! =D
I'm grateful as well even though I didn't even click the link for this one because I didn't want to give it traffic.

P.S. - For anyone who's looking for a caffeine alternative to start their work day, why not give a small amount of kratom a try? I've tried it in capsule form, and also as a tea. It's really not bad at all (although, you may end up hating it as we all have our preferences). Definitely not as dangerous as this article makes it sound like. As long as you're not suffering from hypertension, or are sensitive to stimulants (e.g. panic attacks from coffee), or are allergic to coffee family plants and their constituents, chances are that you should be fine provided that you start low and go slow.

I used it as a caffiene alternative at first then I just started combining them.

However, thank you very much to everyone who contributes to DitM by posting drug-related articles. You guys are doing a fantastic job - keep up the good work!

Articles are scattered all over the world, I think it's good when they become more centralised like DiTM forum.

I've planned for a while to set up a site that crawls and archives drug related media (legal & illegal) - But it's been on the backburner, and will be for some time.

On a side note, someone developed a project to crawl SilkRoad and publish statistics about the site. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be allowed to post it though because it's

A) On the darknet
B) Contains Vendor names (sourcing?)
C) Probably other things I've not thought of.

But it's interesting to look at, and in all honesty, it's probably a good indication of current global drug trends, It's interesting to read. 7th most popular Item is Spotify. Who would of thought?

I'm at work right now on 8g of kratom, which would probably equal ~24-30 of these "pills" they speak of, actually moreso because I drank it with orange juice in raw form.

Man, I'm tripping balls so hard I can't see my hand in front of my face, everyone's voices sound like the Charlie Brown teachers, I'm nodding out and tweaking at the same time, my penis won't stop leaking neither will my anus, I impregnated my mother and threw my sister off a bridge and I feel so good right now I just might ride my bicycle downtown blindfolded while drinking paint thinner. I used to do meth, heroin, pcp, lsd and oxycontin all in one sitting, but now that I found kratom I have no need for those, this is way stronger and cheap/legal/easy to find. I hope my dad doesn't find out.

I'm nodding out and tweaking at the same time, my penis won't stop leaking neither will my anus

I lol'd, So good yeah?

I've been intrigued by kratom for a little while, I like the idea of kratom tea to get me going. How much kratom does it actually take to make a brew?

These articles scare the shit out of me! My girlfriend is clean/sober and happy about it. She was in a car accident several years back. Name some bones.. She probably broke them. Major internal damage etc. She is in pain most of the time. Walking up a short set of stairs is tough for her.
She starting using opiates harder and harder until she was shooting ~50mg of hydromorphone at least once day and near the end was spending nearly 600 per week on fentanyl patches to vape. She started on methadone and slowly came down off that over a year. When she got under 20mg of methadone per dose she started feeling it. I had her order some kratom.
She is now clean from methadone 2 months after she dropped to 20mg. She wasnt sick at all. Maybe a little on edge.

She takes kratom every morning. Sometimes a second dose in the evening. She has forgot her bag of kratom at my place for a few days before and i was thinking that since she may experience withdrawal after nearly 4 months of daily usage. This is herbal medicine. I reluctantly asked a local shop owner of an herbals naturopath store who does not sell anything inebriating about kratom.He is a nice older man from iraq who told me that kratom is as valuable an herb as cannabis. That the addiction profile isnt much different, that it pretty much helps most minor things that cannabis cant help with.

I hate to bring it to this place but as a recreational (4 days a week) kratom user i have noticed an unrivaled regularity with my shits. I feel generally healthier. My anxiety levels (for the most part) are gone. Even when i havent taken kratom i am more poigniant and my vocabulary in a live conversation is better. My eating habits are better. I am somehow charming and more outgoing.

Today at work a girl told me that everyone at work seems to know me and are always bugging me to hang out. My last job i was the guy who didnt talk and most people didnt know my name. My artistic endevours have begun to surprise and inspire me. I have been itching to dig into my summer hobbies!! Women are noticing an aura of confidence and stone cold awesomeness ( ;) )

I am amazed with how this plant has changed my life without any issues short of two short projectile vomit sessions.

If we lose this plant to ignorance I will truly shed some tears.

I've been intrigued by kratom for a little while, I like the idea of kratom tea to get me going. How much kratom does it actually take to make a brew?
4-10g, whenever I make tea I typically make a very condensed brew with 50g at a time and add parts of it to lemonade and other drinks