• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Internet Turned Kratom, a Medical Plant, Into an Oxy-Adderall Lovechild

^
Thus making it a useful thing to have around from a harm-reduction perspective.

^
Thus making it a useful thing to have around from a harm-reduction perspective.

Exactly. If I couldn't get to kratom I'd be back to black-out drinking and pills again. Its like cutting a methadone program. Right now in my state there are an uncounted mass of people that use kratom as maintenence medication to get them off of dope. One of them is my best friend. I also sold a bit to a room mate and he was able to resist his percocet cravings.

Get rid of kratom...well then people are gonna go back to dope or at least suffer serious withdrawal. Any legislation affecting me would be pushing me towards the bottles and the streets which I spent so long trying to avoid.

Last edited:
I've never used Kratom but I know someone who has since they wanted to use it to get off oxy/hydro or as an opiate substitute and they were pleasantly surprised that the plants effects are akin to a pharm opiate.

This plant has certainly helped a fair amount of people stay away from opiates/oids. That said, it is still quite addictive and has a bad withdrawal syndrome.

This plant has certainly helped a fair amount of people stay away from opiates/oids. That said, it is still quite addictive and has a bad withdrawal syndrome.

Well it hasn't helped anyone stay away from opioids due it having opioid constituents, but it certainly has helped me stay away from stronger opioids like heroin and oxycodone.