• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Money owed after getting clean

deltakappamu

Bluelighter
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.. but I really needed to get y'alls input on this.

After a good run, I have a ton of financial amends to make, that's a given...but, a "friend" of mine was getting dope for me for like a month, tops.. when a few of my connects fell thru. Anyway, he let me get something on front street and it ended up being skeet as fuck.

He wanted to make me pay a lot for it.. and we didn't agree. Dude had been my friend for HELLAS, but after this we really didn't talk. I get it, he was in dopefiend mode and decided he was gonna get a quick hustle.. but I was in dopefiend mode too, and decided I wasn't gonna pay him. Whatever, call me shitty for it, I don't care.. that isn't the point I am making here.

A mutual friend of ours said she spoke to him today and she said "Eric says you guys owe him money." Like, bro, you're talking to OUTSIDE people about this shit now? And it was like 8 months ago. I told her, "shit, tell him I said sorry about his luck. Better charge that shit to the game. I don't do drugs anymore and I am not even gonna entertain that bullshit."

Forreal, it made me mad he's talking to other people about it. He is in prison now too, btw.

Anyway, my question is this: do I owe financial amends for drug debt now that I am clean? Opinions please!

I mean... this really depends on two factors - moral and legal.

Legally, you owe him nothing because what the gave you is illegal to sell. It's also illegal to own and buy, but that's beside the point. So in a court of law - he would lose, no question about it. However, for discussion sake, lets say that he could win and what if he did? You'd be required to pay him the amount you originally owed him plus interest, plus legal fees and court fees. Let's say you were bankrupt and you filed for bankruptcy - a court would order you to pay him in material possessions (i.e - he would take your stuff).

But you also say that he didn't deliver on what he promised you and that what he gave you wasn't what you agreed to (there is a legal term for this type of scam - it's called a bait and switch.) You wouldn't have to pay him a dime if that were the case - in fact, I believe a court may order him to pay you for your troubles.

In terms of morality - I can see why you would want to pay him. Yeah he was a friend, but was he really? Would a friend try to scam you? Even so, you may think it's the right thing to do, but then why wasn't it the right thing for him not to scam you over like some dumb-ass?

In my opinion, I'd clap that motherfucker if I ever saw him again. But that's just my opinion...

(Also, paying him back, or even getting in contact with him period - would be a great way to get yourself into a position where you would be tempted to use again.)

Last edited:
Hell no you don't owe him shit. I don't think he he would try to take it to court cuz then he'd be admitting to selling drugs and the cops would probably be on his ass from there on out. If he wanted to he could come find you and you may have to end up defending yourself. But hopefully it won't come to that. IMO he wast a friend if he pulled that shit on you. I never called any of my dealers "friends". I had one dealer that is my friend cuz he respects the fact that I'm getting clean. He texted me the other day to say he was good but I told him I was getting clean. I haven't heard from him since. I'm sure hell text some time and ask how I doing but he wot try to get me to use again and if I asked him for drugs, he wouldn't give them to me. But the only true friend I have is my fiancé. Right now she's the only friend I want, need, and trust until i can find friends that don't use.

Ok, that's what's up y'all.. But no he would never take me to court lololol

And I'm not afraid of him. I just wanted up post and get the opinion of my bl friends.. I already conveyed thru a mutual friend that he was beat, basically.

In the words of 50, "I don't know what you heard about me, but you can't get a dollar outta me "

Haha

Don't mark yourself as someone who can be guilted out of their cash. You don't have any sort of obligation to give money to anyone who is trying to screw you out of it.

you don't owe him shit. once clean, you don't owe anyone anything and no one owes you anything. your response to the middle-girl was perfect.

Thanks hydro :)

Omni- yeah.. But had he given me what I was supposed to get, he woulda been paid. I just don't feel that he's justified seeing as he went in the bathroom and stepped all over the bag that I bought.

He used to be one of my close friends.. Until he relapsed and stated acting scandalous. But I mean, I don't hold it against him, I know how it is being a heroin addict, but at the same time, I'm not about to pay him for a debt that is pretty much imagined in my eyes because it was less than half of what it was supposed up be. Plus this shit happened like 8 months ago.

If the product was sub-par why did you not return it. All my dealers would take their shit back if it was garbage. I think you should pay him.

^ cuz I was dopesick, and idk any dealers that let you return or exchange dope. They'd be like "bitch, this ain't Wal-mart"

so you got fronted, and now that you're clean this automatically clears you of all debts? man - I wish this is the way the IRS worked...

I think not paying him back is a shitty thing to do. but since you already said how you don't care about that, why even start a thread?

it's not like you're going to pay him back, anyways. you rag on him for being a heroin addict and doing heroin addict things, but you're just as bad imo

I am really surprised I wonder what kind of places you guys live in lol, around here if you owe somebody money and you don't pay them you will get you fucking legs broke and probably stabbed or worse

Just because you're clean that doesn't stand for shit , the guy still wants his money and if he has someone to pay then that guy wants his money and if he doesn't get payed your man gets hurt and therefore you get hurt,

Not talking personal don't even know u bro just an input about how we live in different cultures, pretty surprised at the responses here actually.

I am really surprised I wonder what kind of places you guys live in lol, around here if you owe somebody money and you don't pay them you will get you fucking legs broke and probably stabbed or worse

Just because you're clean that doesn't stand for shit , the guy still wants his money and if he has someone to pay then that guy wants his money and if he doesn't get payed your man gets hurt and therefore you get hurt,

Not talking personal don't even know u bro just an input about how we live in different cultures, pretty surprised at the responses here actually.

Where I come from being clean doesn't wipe your debt, it may be different in your parts. However, I am too from the UK and like benzoman said if you don't pay your debt then expect serious repercussions, its just not done.

Not only that, its kind of a respect thing, the man TRUSTED you, so he would expect you to pay. Ive even paid my guy when he was in prison, it helped his wife and girlfriend and for that he has a lot of respect for us.

Anyway, hope you make the right decision, take care.

I'd like to put this on the reverse side. How HE betrayed her trust and gave ripped her off big.

SHE TRUSTED HIM to get her what she payed for and yet, even after years of friendship - he tried to cheat her. Is that fair? Tell me guys, why should she have to pay him the big bucks for shit dope? How could this guy, especially after being her friend for years, rip her off and still expect to get paid?!

As far as I'm concerned - they're totally even. He made the choice not get paid, not her.

Think about it, you go into Walmart, look at a huge HD TV, tell them you want it, schedule to have it delivered and leave. But when they show up - instead, they have one of those huge ass CRT screens that's nowhere as big (in screen size) as the HD one you were expecting. Think about it! Would you pay them?

so you got fronted, and now that you're clean this automatically clears you of all debts? man - I wish this is the way the IRS worked...

I think not paying him back is a shitty thing to do. but since you already said how you don't care about that, why even start a thread?

it's not like you're going to pay him back, anyways. you rag on him for being a heroin addict and doing heroin addict things, but you're just as bad imo

word.

if you took the product at the agreed price, you owe money, whether or not you were dopesick. whether or not you pay them back is your choice, but whether or not they hire an enforcer to knock your teeth out over it is their choice.

Was your choice to do his shitty dope for a month, no one forced you to. Not paying your dealer back is one of the sheistiest moves imo. You talk like it but don't seem to well versed in the rules of the street. Better hope he's soft I guess and that your house doesn't wind up burglarized, or worse.

And LOLing about Swampfox talking about court... Yeah a drug dealer is going to go to court over unpaid debts. Is this real life?

Last edited:
I was trying to add perspective of how this sort of situation would be handled in court. I never suggested that he would sue her over drug money - that's just stupid.

So he bought something for you, it turned out to be not so good, and you don't think you should have to pay for it? Just because you got poor quality stuff? That doesn't really seem fair when he was helping you out.

I think you do owe him money.

I'm not about to pay him for a debt that is pretty much imagined in my eyes because it was less than half of what it was supposed up be. Plus this shit happened like 8 months ago.

Ideally you could have told him at the time it was short and that you didn't want to pay all that. It's imagined in your eyes but to him it's still fresh and real. It doesn't make sense for him to keep fronting without the expectation that you would repay him. It also doesn't make sense that you would repeatedly accept sub par dope without some sort of conversation about it.