• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

tianeptine as a mood enhancer while on subutex/opiate tolerant

colemanito, im quite curious about this daring idea of trying tianepts with suboxies for a day or two when off and report result please. i cannot believe doctors will keep you on such tight leash. as if being opiate slave aint enough you gotta also be anyone who isnt on opiates bitch

colemanito, im quite curious about this daring idea of trying tianepts with suboxies for a day or two when off and report result please. i cannot believe doctors will keep you on such tight leash. as if being opiate slave aint enough you gotta also be anyone who isnt on opiates bitch

I can answer that question. I have done this a few times recently. On 3 occasions between my regular suboxone regimen I have used tianeptine for 2-3 days at a time. The doses are pretty ridiculous compared to someone who is opiate-niave, about a gram a day by the 3rd day. I can imagine those doses being even greater for someone who is taking 8-12 mg of subs per day, as I am only prescribed 4mg/day. Regardless I had pretty good results. If it weren't for the rapid tolerance increase of tianeptine I would greatly prefer the effects of tianeptine over suboxone. Much more light-hearted, energetic, and my body felt more balanced in those days as well. For some reason, maybe it is the partial-agonism of suboxone, I am more likely to have loose stools on suboxone. On those few days of tianeptine, and even a few days afterwards, I have very 'desireable' stool consistency...with that said I don't have a colon due to having a complete colectomy when I was an adolescent (ulcerative colitis), so any medication that slows down my intestinal mobility is highly desired. Suboxone doesn't have that effect on me, so I have to revert back to my drinking a gallon of water a day and taking more bathroom breaks than any normal person. TMI, I know, but just trying to explain why I prefer those few days of using tianeptine maintanence over sub maintenance.

With so much evidence that tianeptine can clearly substitute for opioids, then I guess the question arises whether it's possible to modify the structure to make it better. I don't like that carboxylic acid at the end of the chain, I'm wondering what changing it for an amide would do (might ruin it though as well).

Being at such a low dose of buprenorphine as 0.5-1mg, I suppose, you could switch to any opioid and maintain on it without withdrawal, so it is true that tianeptine is no miracle drug to taper off buprenorphine, but then again no other opioid seems to be so freely available. Kratom for me sounds much like tramadol, but if it doesn't feel as dirty I might consider trying it if my buprenorphine taper begins to fail at some point. The truth is I'd rather taper the last mg with codeine or DHC but unless one has access to pharm grade codeine or DHC, it makes no sense at all to invest money into OTC products. I might be long way from getting off bupe right now, but somehow I still think it can't be more painful to very slowly taper off bupe than switching to a weak opioid like codeine at the end.

how bad are those kratom wd's anyway? cant be as bad or prolonged wd as heroin or other synthetic opiates

Wd from a long term kratom habit sucks pretty bad for me it was mostly anxiety that got to me but most people get hit with depression too.

Also little update tried taking about .25mg of sub once tian wd kicked in. Didn't help much but didn't put me into precip wd so I took another 1mg strip within a couple hours and finally felt better. Today was the 3rd day with no tian until i realized i had a 30ml bottle of tian liquid solution....so ended up chugging about 10ml of that which is 12.5mg tia/0.5ml sulution about 6 hours after my last sub dose and the sub didnt really seem to block the effects at all.

^ thats because tianepts work in various different mechanisms beyond opioid receptors.

how would you compare the wd from kratom vs tianepts?

how do you feel about kratom being banned?

Edit: I updated my post. IV TIAN BAD = sent me to the E.R. in 3 weeks w/ 2 different complications. Had done I've drugs 8 years w/o a complication. IV TIAN BAD, no matter which way you prepare it, even dilluting down the solution and using a huge 5 cc rig to negate the basic ph, the polarity's still going to be bad.

I can confirm that Tianeptine (sodium, the common powder) has fully quelled my 1 1/2 year 10 grams a dayish kratom habit w/d symptoms. I also am an I.V. drug user and know the only safe way to I.V. tianeptine is to not go over 93 mg's per 1 cc, or else your solution becomes to viscous (I know polarities and isotonics are involved in its solulation, and if you try and make too strong a concentration it does indeed become a) glue like b) caustic to veins. It does not hurt to shoot but it is definitely for people w/ 5+ years I.V. experience because it's not one you want to miss. Ever. Reports of necrosis and advanced complications are mainly linked w/ silica gel in stablon tablets. That being said this shit will screw up your veins, and if not for the fact that I already had serious vein damage anyway, I wouldn't have gone for it.

The upside: Tolerance doesn't build that fast, at least coming from a low opiod habit like the kratom one I described. It's something you can binge / use to quiet something else for about a week max. And when 2-3 cc's worth of solution are I.V'd correctly it does induce a dilaudid like rush. And that's in someone who can fire 2 8 mgs dil's with no tolerance to say of (except for a decade of natural/mental tolerance build up/receptor damage) and not feel as high from 16 mgs IV dilaudid than i would 200 mgs Tianept. But it has a slightly, just ever so slightly "different" rush and feel than Dil. Essentially for me it was like taking a fresh drug in its own class I had never been exposed to. Although I know more about the extreme side of it's use because I'm pretty sure I was I'v'ing the first day. I could see how for someone not on the other side of quitting, someone early in their addiction, could get a hold of this and really fuck their shit up. Even abusing it orally would be unwise. Think like those crazy phenibut habits. Well the reason you find reports of people abusing tianept. like me is because for us, it seems to work, like every time. I've mixed it w/ coke and found it be amazing, basically a cheap ghetto speed ball if you will (w/ one half being legal and cheap). I mean, I'm a guy whos had serious heroin habits/ binges, I could get higher for 50 cents worth of tianept than 50 dollars of my citys street dope. But it's a novelty thing in those doses, not a long term replacement / subsistute.

Sub + Tian. I took a low dose of my one 8 mg sub im using for the detox from kratom/ tianept. about 3 days ago i took 2-3 mgs of sub/nalax (btw people in case u didnt already know nalax is non active, look it up), this is like 2 days into my tianept switch from Kratom. No interference no percepitated w/d. that being said i hadn't taken any sub in weeks and weeks so I would not use that report as evidence the combo is "ok".

Also as people say, potential for a terrible large habit from say, going through more than 10 grams in 2 weeks would just get expontially worse. The short Half life means frequent re-dosing, IV coke like pin pricking, but you're clear headed enough to not hurt yourself like IV coke. I can update to let everyone know what happens after a roughly 12-16 day 5 gram binge.

UPDATE: Tian IV trashes your vein no matter which way you do it. 2-3 weeks and I had cellulitis and a supificial bloodclot. First drug to send me to the E.r. and it did in 3 weeks. again IV TIAN BAD.

If anyone is considering IV'ng this. AND I CANT TALK YOU OUT OF IT, even after reading the sentences above this, send me a pm and I will send very important, explicit directions, because I think I've got it down on multiple fronts as far as HR. (still harmful as fuck, but pm me if you want HR, HR is HR, all HR is good.)

I am very interested in those instructions

I can see that this is a very old thread but I wanted to post my personal experience with tianeptine. I ran out of subs and started kratom, it was ok at first as far as wd's go. However I started looking into nootropics to help me get through work. I ordered the tianeptine and when I took it, I soon found out it felt as good as any opiate/opioid I had ever tried. I started with 500 mg. Soon I was poppin two of those a heading to work. Problem was I was falling asleep at work but I felt great. I don't mean nodding off, I was stone cold, drooling asleep. This caused me problems but I kept taking it. Eventually I realized it was the tia and cut it down to just one 500 mg and then adding the other a few hours later. This was going great till I ran out. Now I have been through wd many times but this was different. It came on so fast, within hours of my last dose. Kratom did not touch this wd from tianeptine at all. Subs was the only thing that helped me. The first day I got the subs, I thought they were not going to work. But over the next few days, the subs started doing what they were supposed to do and now I am feeling normal. I have more tianeptine coming, a whole kilo this time but honestly I keep asking myself if I should even try taking it again?

This is a question about the purpose of taking opioid X, it has nothing to do with tianeptine. First of all, why take something that you know made you run into trouble in the past? Ignoring such signals is a straight way to full-blown addiction. On the other hand if you'd been on buprenorphine before you got dependent on tianeptine, I'm guessing you're not a novice at this. Not all that glitters is gold, opioids are a perfect example of how true this statement is. I haven't witnessed a single successful fling with opioids in my life. On the contrary most of the time when I see people on methadone when I go to collect my buprenorphine, I see how so many of them got impaired for life. I'd been dependent on opioids for around 8 years when I started buprenorphine. 6 years later I find myself with the same problems that at the very beginning led me to morphine and heroin, however, the time I've spent on bupe allowed me to look more objectively at opioids in general and even though I still find myself weirdly nostalgic looking back and thinking about heroin, even more I recognize the illusion it used to give me that it was fixing anything and how powerful it is. You can walk right into this bliss and get lost or you can try working out what's wrong in your life that makes you crave relief from opioids.

I have more tianeptine coming, a whole kilo this time but honestly I keep asking myself if I should even try taking it again?

Let me put it this way, at the common one-size-fits-all therapeutic dosage of 3 x 12.5mg per day, 1 kilogram of tianeptine would last a patient 73 years! And tianeptine tolerance tends to rise *fast* when high doses are involved. Chances are that as a recreational user, you'd finish that kilo of tianeptine in less than a year. Heavy users can easily end up requiring daily doses in excess of 5 grams just to function.

Consumed in such insane amounts, who knows how much damage you're dealing to your organs, especially if we're talking about stuff coming from a shady Chinese lab with less-than-stellar quality control.
This kind of thing just isn't sustainable.

Also, let me point out that Michigan just became the first US state to explicitly make tianeptine a Schedule 2 Controlled Substance, and it is likely that more states are going to follow suit.

Well, It may actually be quite important how potent the drug is on a weight basis. 500mg might feel like (I'm shooting here) 20mg of oxycodone, but the fact that tianeptine has a low affinity at MOP receptors potentially makes it toxic at recreational doses unlike morphine or heroin, by getting tianeptine levels high enough to exert an effect through opioid system, you also raise its levels high in your blood, tissues, and organs. Of course there are organic compounds which are benign even at gram doses, but the higher the dose necessary to attain the desired effect, the more chance it will start doing something nasty somewhere else.

All in all, swapping heroin or oxycodone for tianeptine does not make you one or two levels down on the opioid addiction ladder.

Well, It may actually be quite important how potent the drug is on a weight basis. 500mg might feel like (I'm shooting here) 20mg of oxycodone, but the fact that tianeptine has a low affinity at MOP receptors potentially makes it toxic at recreational doses unlike morphine or heroin, by getting tianeptine levels high enough to exert an effect through opioid system, you also raise its levels high in your blood, tissues, and organs. Of course there are organic compounds which are benign even at gram doses, but the higher the dose necessary to attain the desired effect, the more chance it will start doing something nasty somewhere else.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks that ultra-high-dose tianeptine is safe because they haven't seen any reports of adverse symptoms *yet* should consider how long it took for people to recognize "ketamine bladder syndrome" as a thing. I doubt the people abusing pharma tianeptine in Europe and Western Asia can afford to use anywhere near as much as US folks ordering bulk tianeptine powder off of shady "nootropics" vendors (again, a 4-week-supply of "Stablon" tablets equals just over 1 gram of tianeptine).

So even if you don't choose to inject it, there is still a significant risk of complications from orally ingesting several grams a day. While tianeptine doesn't seem to share the hepatoxic potential of its predecessor, amineptine, at therapeutic levels, there is no way of telling what happens when you take your dose that high. There may be a threshold where the normal metabolic pathways become saturated, and toxic intermediates and byproducts start to accumulate.

More practically, if w/d from "smaller" quantities of tianeptine is problematic physiologically/mentally, imagine how you're going to feel after the kilo of tianeptine runs out.