• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

Interesting approach. Do you think temporarily housing threads that belong in other forums confuse people and turn people off of OD, who are browsing it based on the forum description of intermediate level discussion?

Also, housing those threads temporarily gives the message that they're allowed in the first place and actually takes traffic away from BDD.

We only utilize this approach occasionally. It's on a thread to thread basis, the majority of the ones I come acrossed, get moved.

Do you think temporarily housing threads that belong in other forums confuse people and turn people off of OD, who are browsing it based on the forum description of intermediate level discussion?
I'm sure there are bler's who might not like all the content in OD, but I think avoiding OD because there was a basic dosing question thread they came acrossed, is kind of petty. But we do our best to try to please as many people as we can.

Also, housing those threads temporarily gives the message that they're allowed in the first place and actually takes traffic away from BDD.
Like I said before, we only let a few of them slide, and the ones we do let slide, eventually get moved to bdd within a week anyways. Of these threads that are started, I would say less the 10 % of them, are one user starting multiple threads.
This issue is closer to a nuisance, than an epidemic.

Interesting approach. Do you think temporarily housing threads that belong in other forums confuse people and turn people off of OD, who are browsing it based on the forum description of intermediate level discussion?
i don't know that most users would be 'turn[ed] off' by a few threads not perfectly matching the description of the forum.

phr said:
Does it? I don't know that anyone outside of staff is especially concerned or aware of 'the message' of current OD mods' approach.
Kleinerkiffer, especially, is extremely vigilant in moving threads to their rightful homes - and we have a pretty new pool of OD mods - so while I appreciate your constructive criticism, i think it may be a little premature to pick apart and analyse the finer details and implications of having a thread kept in its original location for a few days before deciding to move it.

If you have an opinion about specific ways you think these things should be handled, by all means let the team know.

With all due respect, I'm not sure what interrogating new moderators about the finer points of their approach really hopes to achieve?

I mod both OD and BDD and you know what, as long as the question gets answered in line with our mission of HR, what is the difference really where they are? New users dont know the difference and we often lose sight of the fact that the majority of the population, even those who frequently use drugs recreationally or medicinally, do not know about drugs. Our basic may be their advanced so it gets thrown in OD instead.

I fully agree with moving when needed to make our jobs easier or to keep information contained in one place, or if it an egregious error (MDMA question in OD or something). But we arent here to tell people to make sure you study the rules of BL before placing your possibly life or injury saving question in a forum because we like to keep traffic flowing. We are here to answer those questions and since the BDD/OD lines overlap, I give most a pass.

i mod both od and bdd and you know what, as long as the question gets answered in line with our mission of hr, what is the difference really where they are? New users dont know the difference and we often lose sight of the fact that the majority of the population, even those who frequently use drugs recreationally or medicinally, do not know about drugs. Our basic may be their advanced so it gets thrown in od instead.

I fully agree with moving when needed to make our jobs easier or to keep information contained in one place, or if it an egregious error (mdma question in od or something). But we arent here to tell people to make sure you study the rules of bl before placing your possibly life or injury saving question in a forum because we like to keep traffic flowing. We are here to answer those questions and since the bdd/od lines overlap, i give most a pass.

qft

With all due respect, I'm not sure what interrogating new moderators about the finer points of their approach really hopes to achieve?
I'm not interrogating anybody. I noticed a difference and I asked about it, the reasoning behind it was explained, and then I questioned that. It's a common way of discussing things. I don't think anything about that was out of line.
I also did it in the proper thread...
I mod both OD and BDD and you know what, as long as the question gets answered in line with our mission of HR, what is the difference really where they are? New users dont know the difference and we often lose sight of the fact that the majority of the population, even those who frequently use drugs recreationally or medicinally, do not know about drugs. Our basic may be their advanced so it gets thrown in OD instead.

I fully agree with moving when needed to make our jobs easier or to keep information contained in one place, or if it an egregious error (MDMA question in OD or something). But we arent here to tell people to make sure you study the rules of BL before placing your possibly life or injury saving question in a forum because we like to keep traffic flowing. We are here to answer those questions and since the BDD/OD lines overlap, I give most a pass.
Hmmm, I see. Forum borders were much more strict and we aimed at housing everything in its proper place. If just getting that information out to whomever needs it, regardless if where it's housed, is the goal... yeah, I get it.

Thanks for the explanations.

^ fair enough.
I'm not having a go, but as most of the current OD staff have been modding this place for less than months, i wasn't sure if you knew that.
Before the current mod team came together, Other Drugs was in a pretty sorry state.
Things have really improved a lot over the past few months, which was why i was a bit confused - as i'm really impressed at how the current team have improved the everyday functionality and general order of OD.
Cheers :)

Please Mods, fix the BIOAVAILABILITY of OXYCODONE oral. It is around 50%. I can post several case studies and sources. I will post then again if neccasary, just please fix it. 87% is silly.

We should strive for accurate information, and that's what I'm trying to do.

Please respond/ fix it. I've posted sources before, but could so it again I suppose. Anyway who remembers me knows I specialize in pharmacology. Feel free to post or, perhaps better PM.

Thank You

The BA/half-life megathread. It has an outdated no# of 60-87%.

Multiple studies give it a mean of 50%~, and a range I think of 35-70, though 80+ wouldn't surprise me. I've posted sources before, but can post a few key ones. Just want accuracy.

H(Diamorphine)'s BA is also inaccurate, it is dose dependent, and variable, and supposedly can reach 70+ plus I think. But it is 1.5-2x more potent than oral morphine.

Thanks for responding!

I used to be on here a lot, but things happen.

^I would change it, if I could, I just saw it's a re-direct to Basic Drug Discussion, so you have to ask a mod there, as I can only edit OD threads, sorry

Ah it's cool, I haven't been around in awhile. I'll help all I can though, maybe post that table...

I have feeling people think rectal(and to less extent, sublingual) are super fast MOA's. In reality, Oxycodone Tmax goes from 1.5 Oral to 2-3h rectal, alprazolam ~90 minutes PO, 2.5h sublingual.

But by myself, it's a lot of work posting sources.

But HR, well w/ recent events, if I can help one person that's something, and the goal

Thanks for trying.

The BA/half-life megathread. H(Diamorphine)'s BA is also inaccurate, it is dose dependent, and variable, and supposedly can reach 70+ plus I think. But it is 1.5-2x more potent than oral morphine. .
It's roa dependent too, which roa were you referring to?

Shockingly oral, but every ROA seems to yield higher BA and faster(often much) onset than morphine itself. I'll post the primary study, I can't remember exact figures, but oral Diamorphine yields 1.5-2x the amount of morphine, possibly it's metabolites stand up better, and faster absorption helps. But it is higher than listed...

But remember, I also said it was dose dependent. Both H and morphine-classic have better BA's at higher doses, the study indicated the metabolic pathway could be saturated. Chronic users for some reason get better results as well, WTF on that one.

^^^ THIS.

I completely agree. Not that things should slip into chaos, but I haven't roamed OD for years for intermediate drug discussion. In the end I want to help. Repeating answers you've given before, or sometimes putting up w/ a basic question is a small price.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy discussion, but few share my specific interests. NDP has interesting topics at times, but I started at OD and just feel more comfortable here. And, I'm no genius, but leaving an essentially BDD question for a day or two means someone like me can answer it efficiently, and (at least at one time) authoritatively. (I mean answer it correctly and w/ sources when possible, unless otherwise stated.

As a mod, I would just want to update some things, everything else will even out gradually.

(I really, really strongly dislike "swimming" though, that is a pet peeve.

Last edited:
Im reading your stuff now Lorne. I mod bdd too so can change.

Regarding po to im study, the F (bioavailability) is p.o. relative to im in which F(im) is assumed to be 1. That probably isnt true.

Last edited:
Im reading your stuff now Lorne. I mod bdd too so can change.

Regarding po to im study, the F (bioavailability) is p.o. relative to im in which F(im) is assumed to be 1. That probably isnt true.

I agree. IM oxy is apperantly well absorbed, but it isn't 100% relative to IV, which is always*(almost) assumed to be 1, therefore giving us relative bioavailability. I think IM 80-90%(oxy is very water soluble)

But that is point. If PO is that low relative to IM, then it would be lower in comparison to IV, as the other study indicates.

They're are other studies, but pubmed is loaded now w/ OP and other studies not relevant to the subject at hand.

But both indicate 50% oral BA, considering IM isn't even likely 100%, as you pointed out.

Thank you so much for indulging me.

I wish I could add Tmax, and duration,etc. I have a fairly decent table already, but posting every source is a pain!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2675771/

I am sorry, could not find the abstract. But the important stuff is early on. It verifies diaectlymorphine(as they refer) yields greater morphine exposure, PO vs. PO. I think it maxes out closer to 70% at high doses, but both drugs have variable BA's.(and the current 30-40% is just plain wrong; it can be lower, or almost double, based on morphine exposure, as heroin itself is not absorbed orally(

Read the first 10 pages or so, that should have it, I'll try and post more exact figures later.

Thank you

You could split OD into more specific sections.

The problem is, what sections would you choose and where would you stop, like upper/downer, or more specific like stimulants, benzos, opioids etc. , where would you put the RCs ?