• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Introverts, do you feel drugs affect you differently than "normal" people?

I'd say to a certain extent.

Stimulants (my favourite so far being mephedrone) seem to hit me harder compared to other friends - possibly due to it me not being used to the extreme outward sociability factor of them.

Psychedelics seem to affect me far less than other friends. On any psychedelic I've tried with friends, they can achieve visuals akin to what you might see in a cartoon depiction of someone tripping. Fractals, cartoon people, melting faces, extreme pattern creation, etc. For example, one friend of mine claims that a guy we saw on TV while on shrooms became a rectangle of wallpaper and started repeating around the room, making a new wall of his faces. I've never gotten anything like this.

I think the extent of any psychedelic visuals I've got is seeming like I'm underwater, seeing the reflection of my face give up on keeping shape and allowing face parts to droop and melt away, seeing interlocking patterns in bushes, walls bending and waving.

I always get slightly disappointed taking psychedelics when I know what some friends are seeing and I haven't got to experience anything like that before.

I have anxiety and I'm definitely an introvert.

Benzos - I can actually talk to people without being anxious. <3 <3
Psychedelics - I only get anxious, I don't actually see cool things. I haven't done them in a while though due to anxiety.
Stimulants sometimes help me talk to others more easily.

I can definitely relate to you about being introvert. It's very hard to get out of my head, and I can tell that drugs have affected me differently then my best friend who is a regular MDMA user vs myself, semi experienced should roll 10x harder then she has. I more then often say "the drugs aren't working" even though I've eaten at least 100mg of MDMA or ecstasy. Or smoked my brains out in marihuana. This has always been a concern to me. I wish I could get as high as the others. And I don't know why I'm not. Anyone relate?

Yea, when normal people take opioids they feel a little better than normal, when I take them I just feel normal.

Not sure if it applies to what you mean, but opiates, for example I'm on 2 and 1/2 60 MScontin and I am wired and rather active.
Everyone else gets the world-reknowned "nod" and I've never experienced it.
And I've gone balls deep in opiates but just always turn up.
I mean I get the desired euphoria and all but, no sedative oriented effects.

I can deal with intense highs anytime as long as there aren't other intrusive human beings around. Extroverts tend to wig out when they do too much of a drug because they can no longer express themselves outwardly. And also, because they relate to life outwardly, a drug shutting down their capacity for environmental interaction really freaks them out, since it's where their primary feedback comes from. On the other hand, when I'm really high it's harder for me to communicate because the nature of the high draws me inward.

My anxiety is caused by being too high to rise to social obligations... if left alone I can just turn it into a visionary, inward process. The outside world is far more difficult for me to deal with on drugs than the inner world. The benefit of being an extreme introvert is that inward explorations don't frighten me. But when I am high, I am way, way too sensitive to deal with people. I can sense their baggage and everything, and it's hard. I'm just bombarded by their being in ways that I don't always understand. The pros/cons of being an INFJ I guess.

People misunderstand introverts... we like company, we just don't like energy vampires. I like being high with people who will leave me to my own devices, but who I know are still around and are open to me coming to them when I am ready. People who don't know how to STFU really annoy me when I'm tripping balls because my inner vision keeps getting interrupted. I don't much care to talk about how that tree over there is morphing when I can see the entire galaxy when I close my eyes.

This really hits the nail on the head for me, and helps explain me on psychedelics or even just cannabis.

There's not really a certain drug that helps me be extroverted, it's always just the right moment on cannabis, opiates, uppers, even psychedelics. Even when I got dependent on benzos it didn't help me be more extroverted, just more reliably anxious.

Alcohol makes me a better person.

Last edited:
im an introvert and i loooove stims. helps bring me out of my shell

im an introvert and i loooove stims. helps bring me out of my shell

Same with me. Meth allows me to relax, focus my thoughts (for once) and enjoy hanging out with more than just one other person. I've always felt like I am a "better" version of myself when I'm high.

Heroin definitely opens up my shell. Stims as well.
I don't have much time to get into this topic, but I will let it be known that drugs definitely affect me differently than how they would affect an extrovert..

Whoa. I had never connected being an introvert to my experience of drugs (as it differs from other people).

For example, whenever I've taken mushrooms or smoked weed I could always stay focused and in control of my mind/body to some extent. I never fully let go of myself. I don't want to lose control and that is the main reason I've never taken acid/don't enjoy psychedelics. I remember during my "stoner" days, being in public with my friends and always worrying about the way they were acting, like they didn't give a shit what other people thought. But no matter how high I was, I always kept up appearances. Eventually weed just made me paranoid and even more introverted than I am naturally. I would totally shut down because I thought everything I said was so stupid. Then I would starting worrying about the fact that I was so silent and people probably noticed and the whole thing just would snowball.

I've also always felt like I naturally had a higher tolerance for drugs (except weed) than my friends. This is true of pills especially. It seemed to always take more to achieve the same effects, and I think that has to do with my own failure to "let go" or let the drugs take over for me. Getting drunk for me just entails getting bloated and sleepy; rarely have I acted drunk or let my inhibitions go.

Stims do seem to help me be more sociable but they also make my brain race too fast for the most part. I hated speed because I had this surplus of energy and didn't know what to do with it. I used to really like adderall though, as it made me more comfortable socially without being TOO stimulating. Helped me write some great essays, too. ;)

Occasionally I think that H made me more aggressive or up front with people. Like I was more of a bitch haha. But that only happened some of the time.

I think this concept might apply most with psychedelics (though I am bias since most of my drug experiences have been with psychedelics, other than cannabis). I have noticed occasionally that while myself or others require some time to ourselves during a trip, there are those people who seem almost unaffected by the deeper aspects of the drugs, maintaining a light-hearted and giggly state throughout entire trips.
It might also be interesting to see how stimulants or empathogens affect extroverts differently. I would imagine some of the effects might seem more subtle to an extrovert than to an introvert, possibly changing perceptions of the experience (perhaps offering more depth or meaning to experiences to introverts, and more of a drive for reward in extroverts). But as always, everyone is different and it's hard to place people in such broad boxes of categorization.

I also loathe most things stimulating, how do you other introverts feel about stims?
I consider myself to be quite an introvert, and I love stims. They make me so much more social and break out of my "introvert shell" I guess. Lol, I've always been a fan of 'em.
But I'm also big into psychedelics