• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Introverts, do you feel drugs affect you differently than "normal" people?

The Network

Bluelighter
If I wasn't on my phone I could make a more meaningful post but this'll have to do.

I've been an introvert for as long as I can remember. This means keeping in thoughts and probably being somewhat off of the norm. I also feel that somewhat due to this, drugs affect me differently.

I've never had any drug cloud my mind in the way it seems to for other people. Even on high doses of dissociatives, I've maintained relatively normal thought processes. Sure it affects me somewhat, benzos calm, lots of drugs make me more talkative, but I feel the thought train itself is perfectly intact.

Anyone else that might consider themself similar to me in that they're a very withdrawn introvert want to share their ideas, thoughts, comments?

I'm more of an introvert and from my own biased interpretations of things, it seems like my more extroverted friends recover from hard drugs faster than I do. There are many other variables other than intro/extroversion at play here though, so I can't many any conclusions from empirical observations.

OK I'm actually at a desktop now so I can add. I didn't mean something as simple as intro/extrovert, but since introverted people are quite often withdrawn and don't speak their mind like extroverts do, I figured I'd simplify it.

I keep most of my thoughts to myself, especially with people I'm not great friends with. That makes a lot of goings on in my head 24/7, and I feel like that somehow affects my high. I prefer to feel mentally clear on any drug though, so it's not like I'm complaining. I just thought it seemed interesting that psychoactive substances seem to affect me differently than the average person.

I'd agree, but it's really impossible to quantify, as everyone experiences drugs subjectively anyway.

Natural tip of the hat to introversion + weed = thoughts of being a philosopher demigod for at least the first few years of smoking. Almost the same with just the act of smoking in general, e.g., with cigarettes.

Doing pills always left me very dry. The act was like being a child, nothing special about it. Never injected though, so can't speak on that.

Credentials: extreme introvert, prone to isolation.

I feel like I get less high than other people really. Or maybe I just don't cause as much of a ruckus while I am high as other people might. I too can do high doses of dissociatives and be around people and maintain most of my balance/speech abilities. Same with psychedelics and weed - I was always the guy who got sent to buy smokes/food and whatnot when we used to trip frequently together when we were younger because I could always maintain a coherent train of thought on almost any drug.

It has always been like this and will always be I think. Sometimes it feels like I am missing out really.

I also loathe most things stimulating, how do you other introverts feel about stims?

I consider myself relatively introverted, I see my friends usually once every week to two weeks. I feel psychs effect me the same as everyone else, but I get a pretty strong buzz from coffee for some reason. I never build a tolerance to it even after months of daily use.

Weed is also much more psychedelic now for me than my contemporaries.

Oh, and alcohol effects me the least out of anyone I know. Not like, I have a high tolerance, but in that most everyone else blacks out/breaks things/gets aggressive, where as I can easily drive/talk/not be violent/remember everything on alcohol, even when I push past my normal amounts. Like just two nights ago, my roommate came home drunk while I was asleep, and proceeded to pour MY unopened milk for himself, then left it un-drank for 48 hours, and just took one of my vinyls and just set it down on a table out in the open, and manged to balance the needle of my turntable on the metal outer ring, completely obliterating the needle over 24 hours. I've never come close to destroying other peoples shit on alcohol. Oh, and he "didn't remember" doing it.

Isnt there already a thread like this called drugs and personality type?

I definitely do; when I'm tripping on psychedelics alone I'm very clear-headed, even on fairly strong doses-tripping in social situations I'll be more scatterbrained (still fairly lucid, but more noticeably "out of it"). I also get a lot more spaced out when smoking weed with others than alone, when I'm really high in social situations it is VERY easy for me to zone out silently for upwards of 10 minutes. Drugs like Cocaine or MDMA simply don't interest me; I've tried both, coke was utterly worthless, MDMA just not that interesting/worthwhile. The sense of true solitude to 3rd plateau DXM trips is why I still do it every few months or so (well ok also it feels fantastic & dissociation is incredibly fascinating, though in a mildly disturbing way); it's rather uniquely relieving, more so than anything I've ever felt on, say, opiates or alcohol.

I always been one to keep more to myself and always have alot goin in my head, ive noticed whatever substances im usually a littlenmore coherent and in control then thr people im indulging with.

Most notably with mushrooms mdma opiates weed and lsd.

I can deal with intense highs anytime as long as there aren't other intrusive human beings around. Extroverts tend to wig out when they do too much of a drug because they can no longer express themselves outwardly. And also, because they relate to life outwardly, a drug shutting down their capacity for environmental interaction really freaks them out, since it's where their primary feedback comes from. On the other hand, when I'm really high it's harder for me to communicate because the nature of the high draws me inward.

My anxiety is caused by being too high to rise to social obligations... if left alone I can just turn it into a visionary, inward process. The outside world is far more difficult for me to deal with on drugs than the inner world. The benefit of being an extreme introvert is that inward explorations don't frighten me. But when I am high, I am way, way too sensitive to deal with people. I can sense their baggage and everything, and it's hard. I'm just bombarded by their being in ways that I don't always understand. The pros/cons of being an INFJ I guess.

People misunderstand introverts... we like company, we just don't like energy vampires. I like being high with people who will leave me to my own devices, but who I know are still around and are open to me coming to them when I am ready. People who don't know how to STFU really annoy me when I'm tripping balls because my inner vision keeps getting interrupted. I don't much care to talk about how that tree over there is morphing when I can see the entire galaxy when I close my eyes.

I can deal with intense highs anytime as long as there aren't other intrusive human beings around. Extroverts tend to wig out when they do too much of a drug because they can no longer express themselves outwardly. And also, because they relate to life outwardly, a drug shutting down their capacity for environmental interaction really freaks them out, since it's where their primary feedback comes from. On the other hand, when I'm really high it's harder for me to communicate because the nature of the high draws me inward.

My anxiety is caused by being too high to rise to social obligations... if left alone I can just turn it into a visionary, inward process. The outside world is far more difficult for me to deal with on drugs than the inner world. The benefit of being an extreme introvert is that inward explorations don't frighten me. But when I am high, I am way, way too sensitive to deal with people. I can sense their baggage and everything, and it's hard. The pros/cons of being an INFJ I guess.

People misunderstand introverts... we like company, we just don't like energy vampires. I like being high with people who will leave me to my own devices, but who I know are still around and are open to me coming to them when I am ready. People who don't know how to STFU really annoy me when I'm tripping balls because my inner vision keeps getting interrupted.

Great post I agree with everything you said.

The worst thing is when someone starts asking me to explain shit when I just smoked DMT...makes me wanna tell them to fuck off (well not during the trip, during it I'm not mad). I'm not wasting my trip trying to explain shit to your ass. Also, agree with just about everything Foreigner said.

Last edited:
Communication immediately ceases when I enter psychedelic mode unless it's also a stim like amt, where it's the normal rate but distractions are far more frequent. I don't think drugs affect me differently in any other way though. ^ Yeah, I hate explaining trips what goes on in my head is personal thanks.

I think some drugs can cause you to be too much in your head, and with psycedelics, ego loss can be fucking terrifying in public

I think some drugs can cause you to be too much in your head, and with psycedelics, ego loss can be fucking terrifying in public
I tell you what, I've never understood why people wana go out and do shit on psychs. I have a panic attack or at least extreme unease 100% of the time when I leave my comfort zone.

Edit: I take that back, 95% of the time. I went swimming at a pool once on mushies, and I actually enjoyed that (expect I was cold in 90 something degree weather...).

Being an introvert has saved me. I tend to look before I leap. Not going to follow any crowd off the cliffs.
Some people mistake my personality for being a weakling, and that is their first mistake.

Well as an introvert, the drugs will make me an extrovert. I go to far though and become a dick, which is wierd because im to nice to the point of being weak. Especially booze, works great for social shit, which i cant normally do, but to much and i want to high people. Wtf, ive never been in a fight and wouldnt even know how to do it.

Well as an introvert, the drugs will make me an extrovert. I go to far though and become a dick, which is wierd because im to nice to the point of being weak. Especially booze, works great for social shit, which i cant normally do, but to much and i want to high people. Wtf, ive never been in a fight and wouldnt even know how to do it.

Stims are different though, they enhance my good traits and current personality while allowing more social abilities, however i would talk to much, but I am much more careful and considering as per my nature, and on stims as well. You would never know I was high on meth for 4 days straight already, I would only seem to be in a better mood (and probably smell bad), and nobody ever has for a year with hundeds of interations in that state. Alc you would notice though but i guess you dont care about being noticed then with that.