• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

^ How did you manage not smoking Heroin again? Is that an old experience. Just curious, if you don't mind me asking.

Should you try or not try heroin? It depends, I wouldn't tell anyone to jump right into heroin unless they have prior opiate use. SWIM began his habit on pills and finally tried heroin after two years of pill abuse. The heroin is cheaper and last longer but in SWIMs opinions snorting oxy is better then snorting heroin and SWIM enjoys the pill high more.

Welcome to Bluelight OpiateEater!
Thanks for your comments.

By the way, we don't use SWIM in BL.

I know that some people change to heroin when they no longer can afford buying meds.
From what I know it can work for a while but in the long term it evens up.

pills = the frying pan
H = into the fire

should you? probably not. will you? perhaps.

if you stare into the abyss, the abyss will stare into you.

as a former resident of Broward County during the great pain pill doctor shopping days in the 00s....when 80s and 30s and bars were RXed like candy....i had never done pills during most of my life and suddenly found that oxycodone in its various forms was QUITE nice. and easily available for many years until the pipeline got shut off by the state.

and then where do you go? several of my connects kept saying "man, I can sell you a bag of this H that is a third the cost of those roxys you like, and it will last longer"

be careful - and be ready for detox/withdrawals/PAWS - as well as jails, institutions, or death.

real talk.

Don't try it please. I have been off and on it (mostly on) for years and it has destroyed my life several times over. Jails, institutions, overdoses, wrecked cars, lost relationships, lost employment. I exist right now but for the kindness of others. If it wasn't for a few people that love me I would be dead right now. I am 100% certain of that. Right now I am on my 2nd day clean and I am seriously considering suicide. I wish I could write more or more eloquently but I want to kill myself as I type this. Please don't try this shit. It is a different beast altogether. It just IS.

pills = the frying pan
H = into the fire

should you? probably not. will you? perhaps.

if you stare into the abyss, the abyss will stare into you.

be careful - and be ready for detox/withdrawals/PAWS - as well as jails, institutions, or death.

real talk.

Not to mention being emotional racked.

New user here, but I have been lurking for awhile, and have read most of this thread.

I understand why most people say don't try it, but, as of right now, the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

I'm in my late 20s, and I have been doing dope for seven months now. All day, everyday. From the moment I get up until I hit the pillow. I've always snorted, and usually end up using 150-200mg a day.

It has helped tremendously. Before I was on dope, I felt miserable. I spent all day drinking beer. I still do, but I am much happier for the most part, and can now actually enjoy life. It also has helped my anxiety a tremendous amount.

With that said, it definitely has its fall backs. Having to always think about whether you have enough, having to find ways to get more, and going through inevitable withdrawals are no doubt burdens. However, for the most part it just helps with my depression and makes me feel "normal".

I would be foolish to think that I will not eventually grow to hate it, but as of right now, I am glad I tried it.

Just my honest two cents...

Thanks for sharing this DN! And Welcome to Bluelight. :)
I think everyone wants to see how it feels and when we urge to try heroin we never think of the consequences.

How can something I haven't even tried can fuck up with my life? Most of us clearly understand that it makes us feel better, relieved to know there's something better or so romanticized that will erase all your problems but it's temporary.

And it's difficult to say no to second dose, or third. We always make up our minds to think that works well and it's way better than feel depressed. I can honestly relate to what you are saying but the thing is that on the long term this will end up destroying us. So when do we lose control?

Obviously a drug like that will make all your problems go away but at what cost?

Keep in touch. You can always live this behind. ;)

Last edited:
Am I allowed to be a link to a website that is a support page for parents whose children have died of heroin OD's?

Reading stuff like is inspirational and solidifies in my mind that heroin is a very destructive beast upon our society, especially in it's prohibited status as an untamed beast. I have a chronic back pain problem and it is the only thing that's strong enough to fully treat my back pain. I take my weak percocets and constant weed intake and still suffer before going anywhere near The Devil again. There was a time when I almost succombed to its temptation and it happened really fast. So fast you might not even notice. I've experienced severe heroin withdrawal from doing two gramas over two weeks amd them switching to around 60mg of oxycodone a day. It's not like pills it has so so so much more power amd in renders painkillers useless, jacking your tolerance Up insanely. At first it is nice mellow happy feeling but that will fade and turn to horrors nobody who hasn't been there can forexperience.

i'd recommend looking up support forums for parents in shock from having their children die by addiction. To me this is the most devastating that it has - it doesn't just destroy the life of the user, but of those who were close to the user.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I have lurked on bluelight for YEARS. I research my drugs super thoroughly before I do them, for days beforehand. I never try a new drug without coming here/various other sites first. This is my first time posting, because I feel the only way to completely feel satisfied being talked out of this, is if I'm addressed directly. Moving on..

I am a 21 year old female who has suffered with Major Depressive Disorder and GAD for the better part of ten years (in and out of short-term mental health facilities for three, with four suicide attempts under my belt). I have used drugs for over five of those years. I started with pills in high school, essentially any I could get my hands on, and continued my "experimental" use of drugs while I was in college. It was there I found my first true love of drugs: MDMA. This was in '08 before Molly became absolute garbage. I was getting the good stuff in Boston for about a year. I used responsibly, and was everyone's go-to for first time rolling. I used on special occasions only due my deep-rooted fear of seratonin syndrome coupling with my debilitating depression. After I dropped out I ended up moving in with a friend of mine, and we had a tight group of friends that all supported one another's alcoholism. I was drunk every day & night for over three months before I stopped drinking altogether.

Skip forward a few months, I met a guy who introduced me to what I now know is my unequivocal DOC: Oxycodone. I see a lot of people on here referring to Oxy, and I'm not sure if you guys are talking about Oxycotin or Oxycodone.. but nonetheless - I want to be as transparent as I possibly can throughout this post, so I'm talking about Percs more specifically. I have been doing "jawns," as we so lovingly refer to them in my neck of the woods, for two and a half years. I started on 10mgs, and plateaued out when I needed a 30 to get in my bag. I stayed at 30mg for a good while, before they crept on me. Mind you, the person I was dating had been doing them for over five years, and would get two every day (one for me, one for him). When this stopped being enough, I was dropping $120 a shot at $30 a piece. When I could get them for cheaper, I didn't spend less - just did more. Did this for about three months before I couldn't pay for jack shit nothing, and quit cold turkey. I stopped for two months, and went back to doing roughly 15-30mgs every day. I did more when my friends & I would throw up together, but for the daily I topped off at 30mgs. I stayed like that for the rest of my time using.

I recently moved out of state (8 hrs+ away), and can only get jawns about.. once a week. Sometimes more, but usually less. I've never experience withdrawal symptoms and, as I previously stated, I quit my growing dependence by myself while living with someone who continued to use every day. Back home, I knew many people who were using heroin and it never particularly appealed to me. I snorted a tiny line with about 50mgs of oxycodone. I felt nothing particularly astounding, just my usual perc high with some weird body stuff going on (I felt the high physically come on, similar to the come up on molly). Now, my curiosity about heroin doesn't come from the whole "pills are too expensive," thing. To me, money is whatever and I'd rather spend it on drugs than other shit anyway. I buy a lot of weed and, as you can see from this exceptionally long post, I probably don't want to know how much money I've spent on drugs in my lifetime. My interest in trying heroin is plain and simple curiosity. I want to know what the big deal is. I did it that one time and it wasn't very impressive to me, and I'm from Philly. It was clean, white, and a very good friend of mine has been snorting dope for a year so I trust her when she says it's good. A lot of people around my hometown are dying and shit, so I know everyone's gonna talk about stupid I am for wanting to try it.

wrap it up: Does the fact that I have managed to keep a opioid dependency under control mean ANYTHING? Does my depression increase my risk of addiction to this drug? IF I decide to snort it, does my tolerance matter at all? and most importantly, if I do this, is it going to ruin my chance of getting high on Percs ever again?

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads this whole damn thing. Sorry it was so long, I'm just trying to be thorough here and I like to gather as much information as possible (opinions included), before I try a new drug.:\

wow read all of this just stuck on this thread and reading with the open mouth a have experiences with mild opiates like codeine dihydrocodeine tramadol hydromorphone and i like it very much the strongest opiate i had was 200 mg intramuscular pethidin after my shoulder operation and it was fucking awesome i was just chillin on electric bed moving up and down in state half dream with feeling like won jackpot in lottery :D i tried stimulants benzos mild opiates weed many many presription meds but only thing i will never do are psychedelics and now i am sure i will never touch stonger opiate then basic tram or cod a cant believe some stories what i read few minutes ago :O

And guys and girls i have question if i can :) i live in middle europe and here you can pretty easy a relative cheap buy on streets pharma grade opiates like morphine,pethidine,tramadol ? and in the USA can pharmacist decide if he sell your or not NO RX pills he can refuse you ? here in europe he must sell you anything what is RX free is in USA original pharma products for IV IM application so good controled by FDA and pharmacist ? or is just too expensive ?

Last edited:
yep meperidine is a Brand name of drug in USA. In Europe its called Dolsin and the active substance is the same PETHIDINE you can buy in my country on street pharma ampoules for IV/IM use and its pretty cheap but we have not so cruel law like in USA if you hold opoid that is registered on our FDA you cant go to a jail so if they catch you with 100 tablets of dihydrocodein approved by FDA for sale in EU and you dont have prescription police just take it and you can go your way

I remember the 2 ml - 25 ampules boxes. Depending on how much you use (as in IV 10 ml syringes) it can be give you real bad withdrawals, specifically if are taking something else. I read that it can provoke seizures.

yeah pethidine is very strong opiate i got it only once ofter shoulder surgery in hospital dosage was 200 mg IM it was awesome as i wrote before but i am not gonna touch in recreational way anything stronger than tram or cod and i use only tablets i never use IV/IM ROA :)

i use cod very recreational like once in 2 weeks a i got tramadol prescribed by my psychiatrist cause i dont have classic deprresion but i am ok for a month or two weeks and then time to time i got 2-3 days of absolute dysphoria and lethargy that the point why it was prescribed for me :D but i dont use tram only in this situation some pills just dissapear in me :D it happens sometimes

FUCK IV/IM using pills or anything alse my friend used som street shit brown heroin and at age 27 her kidneys dont work properly she is on diuretics and suffer from water retention :/ fucked up life she said after few months of after started IV aplication it was big mistake she cried but she can not stop she said is like fucking possesion like som shit in your brain that whispering you all time just do it!!! if you anyway you want do a IV/IM just use meds made for IV use dont fuck up your life

Last edited:
BenzoBuddy88 she can not stop she said is like fucking possesion like som shit in your brain that whispering you all time just do it!!! [/QUOTE said:
^^^this

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm struggling right now. I'm not in as deep as I've been in the past but if I don't stop right now things are about to fall apart for the umpteenth time. Please people, don't try this shit. Especially If you already have an opiate addiction. Dope is next level,. The last level.

It's the same level if you use 5-10 ampules. Opiates will set you free for hours and these hours will be the most important thing you ever seek in life, until you're rock bottom.

Last edited:
This seems to have turned into a question about whether or not Heroin is morally correct. Which is quite honestly, just silly. So i'm not even gonna really comment on that it's really just a waste of my time. I will say this as advice to the heroin naive person, whether they are curious about trying it or not...
No one can look down on the heroin user, he knows a world most will never know exists. he has seen and felt things you will only dream of, possibly cannot conceive of... Shooting up heroin is a feeling so amazing I can't compare much else to it, in order to describe it to someone who has never used. It is a transcendental euphoria - the penultimate drug. A drug of drugs, perhaps. But we know and see a dark hideous side to heroin also. People lose everything because they choose gear instead. It's very sad, and even worse is loosing a best friend or lover to a single shot of heroin. (I have lost both, personally)
And yet, just as people head on through the day in this unstable and chaotic world knowing that at any moment the unexpected can happen, altering their life then and for all time - like them I choose that risk: heroin. Like anyone else who takes risks in life, I simply try to minimize the variables, reduce the chance for harm to occur, and do things in a safe and clean way. Yes, addiction is a problem us users face every single day. But you won't give up your entire life for it after only trying it ONCE.

Nothing can prepare you for the highs and lows you will experience as an addict. so tread lightly and use caution as a heroin naive user just getting started with gear. Never shoot alone, Never put dope before anything else in your life. Do the heroin, don't let it do you.

Dude, "never shoot alone" is kind of an unreasonable expectation for a needle junkie, isn't it? Your buddies aren't always around but your desire for heroin sure as hell almost always is, at least IME. In fact I'm pretty sure that I used to prefer shooting dope alone as opposed to doing it with other people...heroin is a really solitary drug in my opinion.

Yeah you've got a point there Burnt, but on the topic of "Should I try Heroin?" I really do feel like having someone there to save your life in case you fall out might be a good thing for a first timer. They won't shoot again alone or with anybody else if they die that first time. You see what I'm saying?

In general though I feel like there are times when I enjoy being alone more when I get high. It has its perks. But I also enjoy getting high with people I'm close to, it's sort of a bond you share when you do it together. And it can be a riot making the other laugh and acting like an idiot :)