• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

It has been said that the road to hell is paved with good intentions...as an opiate addict you are not walking the road, rather you are speeding down it in a beat up Ford Pinto. I slipped into a deep depression 5 years ago and picked up a rather nasty oxycodone habit. I was at 5 or 6 blues a day, now I do 2 a day just to maintain. "I will never use heroin," I said. After some nudging from a few friends, I tried it...withdrawls are a bitch, and let's face it, an opiate is an opiate is an opiate. I made the jump to dope, luckily I was able to make the jump back. Mainly snorted, IV'd a handful of times...I was terrified every time, got tested afterwards. I need to get off this train...if you're thinking of picking up ANY opiate for your first time, I strongly urge you to reconsider.

Take it from us addicts who have been to hell and back! Does waking up sick everyday, no money in the bank, with your body aching, cold sweats, extreme nausea and debating to jack money from your mother father wife to get your fix sound fun ? no? Then don't try it! That may sound crazy but can be you're reality after one time of using it!

There's also that fear becomes a great part of you. I still have nightmares about that.

My first experience was awesome. The next 5 years were not. I went from living a life of luxury, good job, good future, never arrested to having none of those things. I'm lucky I've only spent a couple of nights in jail but these things do not look good to an employer in the future. To those who think the life of a junkie is fun or glorious or who want that badge that you're "hard", you'll find out quickly that the life isn't any of those things. And remember, there's only 2 possible outcomes to long-term H use, you quit or you die. That's it. And yes, there is the .0001% who lives to middle/old age because of Narcan and smart decision making, but you won't make it long. Stats say 15-20 years (alarming as heck to begin with), I say that's BS, I see kids starting use in their late teens and they seem to die before 25. Is that what you want? To have your loved one's crying at your funeral?

I'll give you a quick story. 6 potheads in 2008. Smoking pot, messing with a couple of other drugs. Whatever just dumb teenage stuff. A badfish comes along and gets them a great source for Vicodin. Vike isn't enough so they progress to Oxy. They're sniffing them, but eventually they start smoking them. After their lungs turn to shit, they start banging them. DEA/Feds crack down on Oxy. They lose their source. The badfish comes up with another great idea, dope is way way cheaper than street Oxy, we'll be saving money and getting higher! This is the BIGGEST MYTH in the game. You will spend every goddamn cent you have on this junk. Anyway, they start smoking the dope, then they start sniffing the dope. Then they start banging the dope. And once you've gone there, you don't come back. 6 potheads in 2008, all of whom graduated from high school, all of whom graduated from university, by 2012, a mere 4 years later, were active heroin addicts living on the street, doing unimaginable things. 2012 was not a good year. Of the 6, 2 didn't make it out of that year alive. Both OD's. The remaining 4 decided to get clean as of January 1, 2013. By February 1, there was 1 who was still clean, that was me. The remaining 3 went back to the needle. 1 didn't make it past his first relapse, he passed in late January. We don't know the date because he laid there dead for a while. YOU DIE ALONE AS A DOPE ADDICT. There is no blaze of glory where you write some fancy suicide note and quote Dylan lyrics like Kurt, nah, you just die and lie in your poop until someone smells you. Of the 2 active addicts left, 1 contracted HIV and finally got clean in 2015. 1 is still out there.

And where does that leave me? I put together 1014 days. 1/1/2013-October 12, 2015. I built a life for myself. I got engaged. I didn't have one measly sip of alcohol, one hit of a bong, one crumb of coke not 1 bag of dope. And you know what? It gets better and easier everyday, but let's not pretend it goes away. It's the ex-girlfriend who won't leave you alone, she occupies space in your mind permanently. You WILL have traumas. You WILL have survivor's guilt. You WILL have an irresistible urge to use dope despite these things. The lucky and smart ones never give in. I'm not one of those. On October 12, I found myself in possession of some Oxy's from my fiance's surgery. I stared at the goddamn bottle for what seemed like an eternity. And I took one. Just 1 30mg. What was the harm? It came back with a vengeance.

The dope had been waiting. It was a monster unleashed. And from Columbus Day to American Thanksgiving, it went from a small amount to a large amount. Quickly. It went from sniffing to banging. Quickly. It went from having a bank account with a nice sum to overdraft. Quickly. That's the power of this junk. Its stronger than willpower. Its stronger than love for fucks sake. I didn't ruin my life in this relapse, I'm trying to pick up the pieces. But jeez, if you read this story and wanna use dope, you'd have to be insane. Don't use dope. There's nothing sexy, fun or rebellious about it. It fucks your future, it rapes your present. It is a wrecking ball in a bag, it will ruin everything. And like a sick stalker, it will follow you, even when you've ran far away from it, lurking in the back of your mind, waiting for a weak moment. Don't do it. Not worth it. There's a lot of other drugs that won't ruin your life in this way. Don't do it.

Tears. If only I had read this before. Of course, when you're trying shit out you don't listen to anyone. Fuck this drug

Lots of people don't listen but I would have felt immensely happy if we could have saved at least one person, prevent so many bad things from happening.

It's unlikely but when or if we'd succeed to do that we might create something so positive that it would be passed on.

H is very bad if you get addicted, however it is not nearly as bad as most other drugs (if you dont get addicted). Yes it is cut with all sorts of shit but there are ways to purify it that can be searched online. I say try it but dont get alot that will be readily available in order to stay a little farther away from the risk of addiction. Stay sterile.

^ Not that simple.

Heroin can kill you if you try it just once. It happens.

Trying H and not getting addicted is how people get hurt and the root of most of these sad stories.

Some of us who have tried it occasionally at some point had these very same beliefs.

Btw, welcome to Bluelight!

Last edited:
H is very bad if you get addicted, however it is not nearly as bad as most other drugs (if you dont get addicted). Yes it is cut with all sorts of shit but there are ways to purify it that can be searched online. I say try it but dont get alot that will be readily available in order to stay a little farther away from the risk of addiction. Stay sterile.

That's news to me. First off, lets talk about some chemistry. Dope passes the blood brain barrier faster than most drugs and faster than nearly all opiates. That's what gives it the massive rush. That's what makes it so addictive. Remember dope is di-acetyl-morphine... meaning its chemically very similar to morphine. In fact, all dope is broken down into morphine by the body. But think of it like morphine on steroids. And remember, until crack, the biggest drug epidemic of modern times was the morphine epidemic.

Second off, let's talk about the cuts. More common on the East Coast of the United States, the dealers and/or cartel are cutting it with Fentanyl. China white heroin is cut with Fentanyl more times than not. Why is this? Because Fent is 50x stronger than 100% pure heroin. So figure that by the time it gets to your local dopeman its been stepped on a ton. I mean the FDA and DEA were freaking out a couple of years ago because the dope coming into the country was 60% pure. So Fent is ~90x as powerful as street dope. They take it and cut the dope with it. Now you've got this mixture of some stuff thats barely morphine and some stuff that's 90x as powerful. This is what leads to OD's.

Fact of the matter is every single time you or I take dope, whether its smoked, snorted, plugged or IV'd, you take a huge huge risk. You have no idea what cut there is. The worst case is fent and the best case is lactose. And with Fent, you are likely, even as a "hardcore" physically addicted addict, to go over. That's why for harm reduction, test shots, snorting/smoking less than what you're used to when you get dope is hugely important. Frankly, that's why there needs to be some sort of Stamp Database on this website or elsewhere that says X stamp is definitely cut with Fent, i've had people go over on it or this stamp is safe.

Don't do dope. For real.

Heroin, and opioids in general are a slippery slope. As use progresses, the highs get lower, and the lows get longer. A nasty addiction to say the least.

OB

Well heroin does give you several hours of powerful euphoria..if you are crippled with mental anguish, I guess you could say heroin would give you relief from that but not much else on the "pro" side of things..if the OP could just somehow go back in time and be in my shoes when I was completely dopesick, then he wouldn't even have started this thread...just thinking of some of the times I was stuck without dope, u ugghh just pure misery..

This.

The negative consequences of using are pretty horrible-and occur so quickly. There's a kind of glamour about using H, particularly for young people, but real life doesn't work that way.

Exactly.

It has been said that the road to hell is paved with good intentions...as an opiate addict you are not walking the road, rather you are speeding down it in a beat up Ford Pinto. I slipped into a deep depression 5 years ago and picked up a rather nasty oxycodone habit. I was at 5 or 6 blues a day, now I do 2 a day just to maintain. "I will never use heroin," I said. After some nudging from a few friends, I tried it...withdrawls are a bitch, and let's face it, an opiate is an opiate is an opiate. I made the jump to dope, luckily I was able to make the jump back. Mainly snorted, IV'd a handful of times...I was terrified every time, got tested afterwards. I need to get off this train...if you're thinking of picking up ANY opiate for your first time, I strongly urge you to reconsider.

Totally agree with you.

Don't do dope. For real.

This!!

Using heroin is something I have thought about. I have alot of injuries and I am a pain patient.The wayh it is gettitng harder to obtain pills in a sufficient amounit makes me look at heroin as an option4. And I'm sure I'm not the only one...

I've heard about that. Once you've increase your tolerance with pills the addiction can be very expensive indeed.
Some say that in the long run, the costs will be the same due to the increasing heroin's tolerance.

Also when you do Heroin you need to IV a number of many times per day and it's challenging.
With time your veins tend to disappear or get very thin.
And the problem of getting cut H which is always something to be concerned about.

Hope you can find an alternative plan not to do this, or at least to postpone it.

Good luck!
Erik

If your able to ask the question of should I try heroine .DONT, I tried it once .. Then twice then everyday for 5 years until I almost died .

I would seek out a methadone clinic if at all possible .. After a while heroin will stop easing your physical pain, even with monster doses ... Methadone helped a lot with pain and the agony that is full blown heroin addiction ... The difference in withdrawal between pills and h is astronomical .. And if you have not yet opend that Pandora's box .. As someone who knows what your going through the amount of pain caused in the long run severely out weighs any relief you would get from going to h .. For pain management methadone works well I would advise against seeking high doses tho (most clinics will let you dose up if u say your getting wd symptoms) as the withdrawal from methadone if u are ever forced to quit is very long due to methadones half life

I would advise against seeking high doses tho (most clinics will let you dose up if u say your getting wd symptoms) as the withdrawal from methadone if u are ever forced to quit is very long due to methadones half life

^ Very long and harsh. Worst than any other opiate I've experienced.
Liquid handcuffs as some people say.

Never do heroin it isn't worth it! Do Kratom, it is so much better (I have never tried heroin but I don't want to). Kratom is a great alternative to opiates and it is also used for opiate addicts. Kratom delivers an amazing high as well!

Heroin is not something anyone should try. No one in the world, i mean the 6 billion people, understand what a physical addiction is \like unless they have kicked dope. I dont think anyone has every felt the way someone does while they are kicking dope unless u have been in that situation. They think of the word physically addicting as just another word. A word that has so much pain and agony in it. I can not think that anyone would want to trade places with a heroin addict as they are withdrawing. i would much rather have Knomonia than have to kick dope.
Its so easy to get lost in the dope world... the world that eventually leads to you jepardizing your saftey and freedom

You think everyone should try heroin? I don't.

As cheesy as this may sound, falling in love and finding your 'other half' is way better than heroin.
I have done both. The happiness of being in love, holding your kids for the first time is no match for H.

There are a lot of other good and beautiful feelings you can have other than heroin.
It's a pity you think that is the ultimate joy. Not judging I'm just saying you are missing life.

The happiness of holding your first baby. Getting your first job. Travelling alone through out the world to meet outstanding landscapes and wonder if that's true or just a dream.

I'm just giving you another perspective of feeling euphoric, warm and happy.

There is something taboo or glamorous about heroin and I'm sure some of that comes from the illegality of it combined with the fact that people think of it as the 'hardest drug'...I cringe when I think of the wasted years due to heroin..the damage it caused to my wallet, friendships, family etch etc..some of it cannot be replaced..if you are desperate to feel something hit your opiate receptors yet also want a functional drug, try kratom..

^ Indeed.

I see so many lost years. Yesterday I've mentioned that not only I had to run to catch up with life and emotional growth but still have. When most people were growing mature emotionally, learning how to deal and cope with feelings of frustration, anger, fear, etc I was numbed so I could work and function pretending I was okay when I was just out. I feel now I left an avatar of myself going through life totally equipped when in fact I was simply not caring about what I disliked. Not to feel can be quite good for sometime but not for years and years. It will feel like you've lost part of your life. And that seems pretty sad to me.