• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Before even trying H... ask yourself: For what purpose, really, do I want to do this? J

I find that to be the most persuasive argument, personally (and one that's echoed in the original post in this thread). Merely trying heroin does not enrich your life in any way, that I can see in any case. Unless you just want to "say you tried it". But that's kinda dumb IMO. I know that, for me personally, I'm not comfortable talking about my use at all with my (non-using) friends and acquaintances.

I've always drawn the line here, but now that I'm messing around with opiates some more, I'm actually very curious about heroin. If I decide to do it, I'd be applying the same rule I used for meth:
Purchasing it only once, ever.
Don't see why it wouldn't work with heroin.

I find that to be the most persuasive argument, personally (and one that's echoed in the original post in this thread). Merely trying heroin does not enrich your life in any way, that I can see in any case. Unless you just want to "say you tried it". But that's kinda dumb IMO.

Indeed.
Everyone know that it causes so much suffering and absolutely no happy ends, only misery IMO.

Heroin is the best drug I've ever had, but you've gotta be smart about it or it's a quick road to hell. I was on it only three days straight and couldn't sleep and had muscle spasms... could not imagine who have done the stuff for years on end!!!!! Poor things.
Heroin is a very veeeeeerrrrrryyyy nice drug.

I don't think there's anything nice about heroin. It's an illusion.
It makes you miserable, friendless, poor and sick, to say the least.

I personally had experience with H smoking and can agree its an amazing drug but highly addictive and possibly cut with all sorts of shit, but can also agree with the above It'll ruin your life if it has chance.

Indeed.
Everyone know that it causes so much suffering and absolutely no happy ends, only misery IMO.

Well heroin does give you several hours of powerful euphoria..if you are crippled with mental anguish, I guess you could say heroin would give you relief from that but not much else on the "pro" side of things..if the OP could just somehow go back in time and be in my shoes when I was completely dopesick, then he wouldn't even have started this thread...just thinking of some of the times I was stuck without dope, u ugghh just pure misery..

I personally had experience with H smoking and can agree its an amazing drug but highly addictive and possibly cut with all sorts of shit, but can also agree with the above It'll ruin your life if it has chance.

Agreed. I used H for about four months straight, it was very relaxing and made me feel warm. Probably one of the best feelings I've ever had and the reason I use oxycodone now. But if you don't use it responsibly, and most people don't, then it'll all go downhill from the first hit. I'm glad that I didn't invest personal finances into my habit and I had people quit together with me.

What do you mean? How would that change your mind? Don't mean to be invasive, just curious.

I really don't have an interest in Heroin but reading these experiences would kill any curiosity. The negative consequences of using are pretty horrible-and occur so quickly. There's a kind of glamour about using H, particularly for young people, but real life doesn't work that way.

I'm just going to throw in my two cents from my experience, even though I haven't been "in the game" that long.

As for the justification that heroin is just another opiate: it is. My first opiate I ever abused was hydrocodone. My thought process being "I already smoke weed everyday and use adderall/LSD often, why not try painkillers? I hear they feel nice.", and for the record I'm in no way saying weed was a gateway drug for me.

But I digress. Once I started abusing hydro, I quickly moved to Oxy (quickly as in, like, a couple weeks maybe) due to hydro being rather weak, and then when Oxy became too expensive to maintain daily use there was little to no hesitation before I made the switch to Heroin. Just like any other product in the world, if you can get something of equal or better quality for cheaper there's no reason not to move to that product. I guess what I'm saying is abusing heroin is no different that abusing any other opiate. The only difference is the immediate price-tag (because the price will increase as you continue to use, regardless of opiate of choice). Therefore, the conclusion being: don't abuse opiates in general. It's all the same.

Now, as for the justification that you won't get addicted because you're special or strong-willed, that's just ignorance. And it's that same justification that I used when I made the switch. What I didn't realize was that I was already addicted to opiates, otherwise I wouldn't have started using Heroin to begin with. I realized I was mentally addicted to Heroin/opiates soon after making the switch to Heroin, however. The thing about addiction is: you won't care that you're addicted. I know I'm addicted, I know it's seriously affecting my life, but I still don't care and I don't know why.

This was a long post, and I wrote it while on amphetamines so I'm probably not setting a good example, and I know it will likely fall on deaf ears, but if even one person reads this and didn't start using, whether it be heroin or opiates in general, it's was worth writing.

I really don't have an interest in Heroin but reading these experiences would kill any curiosity. The negative consequences of using are pretty horrible-and occur so quickly. There's a kind of glamour about using H, particularly for young people, but real life doesn't work that way.

You are right. It really doesn't. The glamour will disappear as soon as you start with your withdrawals.
It's not only the physical part but how depressed and sad the whole process is. And you can't stop.
It's a horrible experience and it kills.

You can not be serious. Did I understand you alright? What is it that you want.

Hehe, now you made me think about when exactly did i become addicted :)
I'm just going to throw in my two cents from my experience, even though I haven't been "in the game" that long.

As for the justification that heroin is just another opiate: it is. My first opiate I ever abused was hydrocodone. My thought process being "I already smoke weed everyday and use adderall/LSD often, why not try painkillers? I hear they feel nice.", and for the record I'm in no way saying weed was a gateway drug for me.

But I digress. Once I started abusing hydro, I quickly moved to Oxy (quickly as in, like, a couple weeks maybe) due to hydro being rather weak, and then when Oxy became too expensive to maintain daily use there was little to no hesitation before I made the switch to Heroin. Just like any other product in the world, if you can get something of equal or better quality for cheaper there's no reason not to move to that product. I guess what I'm saying is abusing heroin is no different that abusing any other opiate. The only difference is the immediate price-tag (because the price will increase as you continue to use, regardless of opiate of choice). Therefore, the conclusion being: don't abuse opiates in general. It's all the same.

Now, as for the justification that you won't get addicted because you're special or strong-willed, that's just ignorance. And it's that same justification that I used when I made the switch. What I didn't realize was that I was already addicted to opiates, otherwise I wouldn't have started using Heroin to begin with. I realized I was mentally addicted to Heroin/opiates soon after making the switch to Heroin, however. The thing about addiction is: you won't care that you're addicted. I know I'm addicted, I know it's seriously affecting my life, but I still don't care and I don't know why.

This was a long post, and I wrote it while on amphetamines so I'm probably not setting a good example, and I know it will likely fall on deaf ears, but if even one person reads this and didn't start using, whether it be heroin or opiates in general, it's was worth writing.

My first experience was awesome. The next 5 years were not. I went from living a life of luxury, good job, good future, never arrested to having none of those things. I'm lucky I've only spent a couple of nights in jail but these things do not look good to an employer in the future. To those who think the life of a junkie is fun or glorious or who want that badge that you're "hard", you'll find out quickly that the life isn't any of those things. And remember, there's only 2 possible outcomes to long-term H use, you quit or you die. That's it. And yes, there is the .0001% who lives to middle/old age because of Narcan and smart decision making, but you won't make it long. Stats say 15-20 years (alarming as heck to begin with), I say that's BS, I see kids starting use in their late teens and they seem to die before 25. Is that what you want? To have your loved one's crying at your funeral?

I'll give you a quick story. 6 potheads in 2008. Smoking pot, messing with a couple of other drugs. Whatever just dumb teenage stuff. A badfish comes along and gets them a great source for Vicodin. Vike isn't enough so they progress to Oxy. They're sniffing them, but eventually they start smoking them. After their lungs turn to shit, they start banging them. DEA/Feds crack down on Oxy. They lose their source. The badfish comes up with another great idea, dope is way way cheaper than street Oxy, we'll be saving money and getting higher! This is the BIGGEST MYTH in the game. You will spend every goddamn cent you have on this junk. Anyway, they start smoking the dope, then they start sniffing the dope. Then they start banging the dope. And once you've gone there, you don't come back. 6 potheads in 2008, all of whom graduated from high school, all of whom graduated from university, by 2012, a mere 4 years later, were active heroin addicts living on the street, doing unimaginable things. 2012 was not a good year. Of the 6, 2 didn't make it out of that year alive. Both OD's. The remaining 4 decided to get clean as of January 1, 2013. By February 1, there was 1 who was still clean, that was me. The remaining 3 went back to the needle. 1 didn't make it past his first relapse, he passed in late January. We don't know the date because he laid there dead for a while. YOU DIE ALONE AS A DOPE ADDICT. There is no blaze of glory where you write some fancy suicide note and quote Dylan lyrics like Kurt, nah, you just die and lie in your poop until someone smells you. Of the 2 active addicts left, 1 contracted HIV and finally got clean in 2015. 1 is still out there.

And where does that leave me? I put together 1014 days. 1/1/2013-October 12, 2015. I built a life for myself. I got engaged. I didn't have one measly sip of alcohol, one hit of a bong, one crumb of coke not 1 bag of dope. And you know what? It gets better and easier everyday, but let's not pretend it goes away. It's the ex-girlfriend who won't leave you alone, she occupies space in your mind permanently. You WILL have traumas. You WILL have survivor's guilt. You WILL have an irresistible urge to use dope despite these things. The lucky and smart ones never give in. I'm not one of those. On October 12, I found myself in possession of some Oxy's from my fiance's surgery. I stared at the goddamn bottle for what seemed like an eternity. And I took one. Just 1 30mg. What was the harm? It came back with a vengeance.

The dope had been waiting. It was a monster unleashed. And from Columbus Day to American Thanksgiving, it went from a small amount to a large amount. Quickly. It went from sniffing to banging. Quickly. It went from having a bank account with a nice sum to overdraft. Quickly. That's the power of this junk. Its stronger than willpower. Its stronger than love for fucks sake. I didn't ruin my life in this relapse, I'm trying to pick up the pieces. But jeez, if you read this story and wanna use dope, you'd have to be insane. Don't use dope. There's nothing sexy, fun or rebellious about it. It fucks your future, it rapes your present. It is a wrecking ball in a bag, it will ruin everything. And like a sick stalker, it will follow you, even when you've ran far away from it, lurking in the back of your mind, waiting for a weak moment. Don't do it. Not worth it. There's a lot of other drugs that won't ruin your life in this way. Don't do it.