• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

This really got to me, I can relate a lot. Erikmen's reply from before. Did anyone mention it ruins sex? To the point that after a week it was destroying my relationship and she is a lovely woman who I somehow randomly met after I detoxed the dope... not that we are all about sex haha. There were a lit of ither opiate related problems that were fucking with me to the point my romance was falling apart at an alarming rate until I stopped the oxy's a week later and we just looked at each other and acknowledged it was the oxy... not that withdrawal is ever an excuse.

I had that relapse on oxy's and I was suicidal for several days. The opiates make me suicidal and once you are hooked a relapse isna relapse. If anything the oxy is worse in ways because for 1 I didn't get all that high for that one week of relapse. It started a fiending for heroin reaction and I also got straight up moderate dope sickness (nothing like shitting myself, but being suicidal for days on end and bedredden still isn't fun)

If I go back to dope I may as well chop my dick off as my friend said. The long term effect on testosterone is horrific. Within a single day, I no longer have any desire for my girlfriend. It's insane and she's worth so much more than a dumbass drug that easily could have killed me. It makes no sense at all that I still want it... whoever is reading this I'm sure is a little cockier about the whole heroin thing. Spending a couple weeks bedridden in excruciating pain, completely fucking debilitated really isn't fun and absolutely anyone can get addicted if they use it in any way at all. I was a sniffer and it still ruined years of my life. I will honestly never be that carefree guy again. Every day is a fight now and trying to make up for lost time and the mess you made, while dope sick, really does require patience.

Constipation, total loss of sex drive, constricted pupils, financial ruin and life ruining in general... the most miserable thing in the world once you're hooked and you don't have it. Sheer torture. That was my experience and the scary thing is I know relapses happen. My tolerance has gotten so low that a small line of heroin could easily kill me if I decided to do it again. My girlfriend is a total sweetheart about all this and she's helping so much but I'm getting clean for me of course because it destroys my life literally in a single day.

Indeed, it does.

First I started to prefer opiates over sex anytime. But then I noticed that my Testosterone levels were decreasing as they years went by. So Romance wasn't a priority although I could handle all of our problems so smoothly. It was a bit superficial at times. Even these days, after quitting for almost 2 years and 8 months I still have a prescription to inject IM testosterone every 4 months until the levels are controlled. I don't like it because it obviously have some nasty side effects like heart race to name one.

Constipation is another big problem if you have that issue for about 2 decades. No matter how well you eat you need supplements and it's a nightmare. You have summed it up pretty well. It took me months to get over of all the sadness and to this day I still struggle to do simple things like going out and having fun during the weekends. Enthusiasm about small but important things has come back to my life finally although not totally.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My girlfriend is a total sweetheart about all this and she's helping so much but I'm getting clean for me of course because it destroys my life literally in a single day.

^
Exactly!!

Hey

How ridiculous quesiton is that? Hardly read a question such like this in my lifetime and I can considered myself experienced in the topic. I'm not experienced personally but I'm experienced because of a friend who is lying in the cemetery garden and he would 39 years old if he passed away from an heroin overdose. We were all roommates from the collage and we were witnessed his struggle to give up. In the very day he died, he said that the suicide is a complete stupidity to another friend. If an active heroin user might say "hey, you shoulda try" but users who are clean for years absoulately would say otherwise. Which are of them, are you gonna believe? The answer is not so difficult in my opinion.

I have no time to discuss but I will only say a few things for such a ridiculous question. First; according to my observation to this lost friend; your girl/boy friends head on your shoulder is more euphoric than using this shit and sex with tantra and kama sutra even more euphoric than this shit again. Your time spent with students, teachers, friends, children is unquestionably more euphoric than this shit but if you hooked up with this shit. Life is not fun anymore! Do you think that the worth it? Trying IV heroin is a serious risk and not just only trying. Consider yourself in the past when you're starting smoking cigarrettes. Heroin gives a high in the beggining and makes you blind until to it gives nothing but functionality with empty feelings. You can't love, you can'T work, you can'T leave a thing or two for thee world after you died. There is a flu-line between trying this shit with hokken on it. If you're lucky, only so lucky to do this, you can rescue yourself with a damaged soul and sacrificed loved ones, family and hard-repraied reputation to go on. Trying this shit is not a chemical event only. It is sacrificing yourself ritual. If you're depressed and need to self-medicating to survive, you should know from the beginnning this: You will never be the same person with all your positive possibilities to hang to the life. Find a way and never try. On the other hand, if you can't help yourself for a try do not ever intravenous injection. If you're in North America (States and Canada) you're lucky. Because as far as I know, (I have never been in US or Canada) heroin is circulates as diacetylmorphine hydrochloride. That means it is water soluable and you can snort it. The only difference IV'ing and snorting is onset. Instead over 2 minutes, it takes 10-15 minutes to peak and experience has a same intensity. Sout America, however, I really do not know the sit. But I believe in the south america black tar opiton you can dellt with. On the other hanf if you're in UK, Europe and/or middle east, I think heroin comes as diacrtylmorphine freebase. That means you can snort it but it partially works. You should concider smoking (chasing the dragon option). The onset of smoking has a faster onset and euphoria than injecting. Habituations of drug culture is basen on knowledgeness, ignorance. HIV, Hepatitis virusus and overdose raises IV usage. I'm not talking about sharing needles even. I'm talking about sharing same time and same filter, spoon and another things. Sux is far more distant harming way when it comes to transmitted fatal diseases but IV'ing is the top one and trusted way to transmition HIV and hepatitis viruses. Look heroin basically is not euphoric as people used to think OK. I used to be a bohamian art student in 90's and early 2000's and I have some friends use this and coke with other stimulant and they all say that the stimulnat euphoria is more certain. Put aside the substance when you aimed to use and look from another point of view. ROA (Routes of administration) is made euphoria, not just substance itself. (Like nicotine) If youe're trying to smoking and IV'in heroin that means you mortgaged for your entire life to buy a painless few hours. Your brain and body will learn not to use your natural suvival endorphins complately. So if you try just one time, it still means that you can sacrifice your next decades or the entire life, your future wife, children, your future contribution to the world you could. Nobody, I mean nobody you will come near you, even if they would like to. In shortcut: Do not try. Because it's not worth it. Costs too much and benefits too little. But if you sacrifice yourself; do not sacrifice yourself once and for all. Try snorting or try popping opioid pills that contains codeine, diluadid. My dead and damaged friends used to say that orally administered pill with a couple of vodka shot is better than heroin. Find yourself a good open-minded doctor and say that you need help and trsut me I never waw a girl, boy or LGBTI person to be with anybody in the full sense and I never saw anybody who have career (including art career) with this shit. Using illegal substances (in heroin'S case it gets more complicaated) throw you away from life without exception. Becuse illegal scene actually legally controls by the black market authorities I believe. Purity etc. In America during prohibition, dringing alcoholic bevarages ruins people's life entirely until prohibition ended. So do not simply straight. (I'm sorry for the mistakes in the twxt but I'm from Eurpe and my first language is not English)

Oh yes, there is recovered people we saw in the art scene. Tehey pulled throgh, they gave lecture in schools etc. but even the most succesful people sacrifice his/her years and these are the serious minority really.

There's no happy ending. You'll never be the same, you can try. But is this what one wants for life?! Sorry for your loss.

and you don't always die from the OD? no. sometimes, you end up brain-damaged and crippled!
learning to walk again sucks, as does the pain you put your loved-ones through. ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Exactly! Depending on how much oxygen your brain is cut out, the damages can be pretty serious. Like losing the abilities to physically talk or hear. It happened to me, it took a while to recover. Other may not recover.

Exactly. The worst is seeing your life being handled by someone else, because you can't anymore.

Why do people say that it is near impossible to stop, this does others no favours, it adds to the impending doom, I'm sure that there are success stories out there? Does that mean that it's hopeless for everyone who is addicted? :(

Why do people say that it is near impossible to stop, this does others no favours, it adds to the impending doom, I'm sure that there are success stories out there? Does that mean that it's hopeless for everyone who is addicted? :(

don't fret, it is possible - i've quit several times, i just have a tendency to slip back into use.
but it can be done, has been done, and with the right equipment it can be a lot easier than you would believe.
how've you been anyway Rach? ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Hell no! It is NEAR impossible, but not impossible. Hundreds of thousands of people have done it. There was nothing special about them. YOU can do it too!

I'm going through methadone withdrawal right now, which is about 100x worse than heroin withdrawal. Yeah, I'm suffering, it sucks, I hate it... but I WILL get through it, and then I'll never, ever, have to do this again.

You know this can't go on forever. Eventually it's going to come down to either jail, an institution, death, or getting clean. The choice is yours. I hate to be morbid, but it's the truth.

You do have the choice of post-phoning your suffering and getting on methadone or suboxone, but eventually you'll have to face the music, unless you want to be going to a clinic taking a piss test and waiting for an appointment every week for the rest of your life. If I could go back, I would've never got on this stuff...

Good luck with everything! Again, you can and you will do it.

Nicely put. Quite true actually. I used to say that if I would ever quit every one could. And I did a bit over 2.5 years ago! From everything, and then from Methadone.

You can do it!

<3

Hell no! It is NEAR impossible, but not impossible. Hundreds of thousands of people have done it. There was nothing special about them. YOU can do it too!

I'm going through methadone withdrawal right now, which is about 100x worse than heroin withdrawal. Yeah, I'm suffering, it sucks, I hate it... but I WILL get through it, and then I'll never, ever, have to do this again.

You know this can't go on forever. Eventually it's going to come down to either jail, an institution, death, or getting clean. The choice is yours. I hate to be morbid, but it's the truth.

You do have the choice of post-phoning your suffering and getting on methadone or suboxone, but eventually you'll have to face the music, unless you want to be going to a clinic taking a piss test and waiting for an appointment every week for the rest of your life. If I could go back, I would've never got on this stuff...

Good luck with everything! Again, you can and you will do it.

Yes I never went to maintenance program where they give subs or methadone. I kicked once my many year use of opium and now kicking it again because got addicted, again kicking it in my home with pregabalin (best med for it), GBL, clonazepam and speed. I rather not taking anything anymore, I change my life completely start meditating studying Buddhism. Drugs don't give anything for short time only which feels good ofc, beside medical use of cannabis and psychedelics and dissociatives of course which can be very helpful. I'm planning to get LSD when Im fine again and sort myu shit straight with the trip. Opium has 1 month WD's. maybe like with methadone but not so strong.

Great, congrats! I have also quit Methadone and it was pretty f***ing annoying and very depressing at times.
Good luck, and take care ne0!
Erik

That's great, for you.. I mean it (realising how insincere that might sound). For me by the time I was questioning whether to or not, it was too late, the horse had bolted from the stable (pun not intended but gladly accepted).

In answer to your question, you can group some of them with H. Hydromorphone and Oxycodone done IV are both very similar (dilaudid is better often) and the dosages can get right up there. Oral hydrocodone produces a very uncomfortable WD, and would assume WD from a gram a day (without accompanying paracetamol/acetaminophen) would be pretty intolerable.

Codeine and tramadol just can't compare, I know codeine is only effective (narcotically) up to a certain amount, 250 mg or something (please correct). Then there's bupe. That is antagonistic too so can only be used up to 16 mg I believe before becoming counter-productive.
Methadone is soo long acting it allows a level of personal social stability that a fast acting drug like H does not. That said I use 130 mg orally daily and would not try to WD from that bareback.