• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Sometimes it's difficult to send these messages, as regardless of what we show, I believe most people will want to try. Perhaps because they trust themselves immensely to point they think that those miserable consequences won't happen to them.

I've seen people trying after reading these comments and later coming back for help and I wonder what else we could do to show them this will definitely hit whoever you are at some level, even if you are convinced that it won't.

Also, you won't even like the drug if you are not someone who is suffering tremendously from several things and you're just completely fed up with life to the point that you will do heroin without even really thinking about it. You might check out this thread like I did, but you've made your choice. I think I know someone like this... she asked me for H, but backed out and later said she was back and forth about it. People like this almost always end up trying it.

It is a drug for the tortured souls and even then after a few years it destroys you. Destroys. As in, if it is a beautiful sunny day out and normally you'd be making a yummy breakfast and packing a lunch for your bike ride to the beach, if you don't have heroin which happens way to often, you will be sitting in a cold dark basement suffering literal torture until you can get more. In which event life will continue as normal until you run out.

And quitting? It's the hardest thing you'll ever do in your life and recovery rates are abysmal. Like just fucking come to your senses people and what's out there these days isn't even heroin. Over half of what I get I half to dispose of after testing it, because it seems to be some weird fentanyl analog. So, you might think you are trying heroin but chances are you are not even getting something with diacetylmorphine in it in my opinion. This is the case for the vast majority of people and you think cut drugs would be safer but no. Those cuts are the ones killing more people than the fuckin heroin.

But you're getting good shit I'm sure. I actually am but I've been doing this for 5 years so I know the difference well. I can't imagine a new user being able to discern real heroin from the cuts / fake heroin they use.

How can you tell if there's fent in ot when you are smoking it? Does it look any different? Like, is it a different colour or what? Thanks :)

All you could do is use a reagent test of some kind. There is no way to be able to judge whether something has fent in it or not based on its look, taste, color, odor, etc. You need some kind of analytical measurement.

Probably the best thing about heroin is how quickly it is excreted from the body, due to its remarkable short half-life of 3-8 minutes, it is eliminated from the body after a maximum of 45 odd minutes!

There, I said it, my first comment!

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Shit will just destroy your life. No reason to even try it unless your have the self control and discipline of a God among men.

A lot of overdoses come from new users. They don't know how much to use and would be shocked at how little of good quality heroin it takes a new user to get high. Even 10 or 20 milligrams of good quality H can be way too much resulting in death. Since you don't know what you are getting, it could also be much too little. An experienced user who forgets how high their tolerance is might give them way too much. I'm lucky I didn't OD as a new users, there were several close calls..

No. Shit will just destroy your life. No reason to even try it unless your have the self control and discipline of a God among men.

I understand what you are saying. I don't think we have that sort of discipline though. I know lots of people have tried at some point to control and use it moderately but it's incredibly annoying to see how often one thinks about it, like all the time.

Probably the best thing about heroin is how quickly it is excreted from the body, due to its remarkable short half-life of 3-8 minutes, it is eliminated from the body after a maximum of 45 odd minutes!

There, I said it, my first comment!

Welcome.

Heroin isn't excreted from the body that fast, it is converted into other active stuff (like morphine) that quickly. Sure there won't be much of any herion in your body after 45 minutes but you'll still have plenty of morphine/metabolites in your body for quite some more time.

Drug test companies know this which is why they usually don't bother testing for the presence of actual heroin. Instead they test for metabolites which stick around much longer.

I don't see how the fact the heroin is converted so quickly in the body has any bearing on much of anything in this thread? Maybe I missed your point?

Last edited by a moderator:
They look for morphine.

I believe OP is probably thinking about the rush itself not how long the drug remains in the system. Depending on what heroin one uses I suppose it could also detect Fentanyl.

Okay,ive been ivdu for 35y.since May.
Got NOT ONE vein i can hit without digging and me seen so many peeps dying or amputated,then slowly ...... :-(
No Details needed,everyone in my place knows just what me ranting about!
Then i searched from iv back to smoking and what the needle exchange in Berlin tells you doesnt seem complete nonsense,what i always thought.They say you CAN convert back to smoking BUT IT TAKES BETWEEN 3Days and 2 weeks for hardcore longtime addicts.
I ve read a few Reports on DF(Great Site!!!!)of longtime ivdu who mastered it in a few days AND GOT MORE/SAME OUT OF IT. I just cant go femoral and die or get lucky and just amputated,poking around for ever got rid of all spike obsession,so Mo got a oil(meth)pipe,broke it right away BUT got new one and is Learning that Art right NOW,Mo knows asking for advice aint get a reply,You nice peeps,but i am going that way! Keep injecting in groin and neck,6 feet under just matter of time.
Wish you b.the best anyway.
Mo

That's what happens. Some people don't see the dark side, only the romantic and the lovely rush will take everyone 6 feet under quicker than originally thought of with nobody at the funeral. That's horrible scene I know, but there's actually a side of a cemetery for junkies we don't want to see.

You said it,Erikmen!!
Digging forever,finding one and its all over in a hour,then just normal.Kick?What kick?aint there anymore,maybe few seconds warm feeling.or its fent,here they shoot the patches and many who do it alone fall asleep
Game over! What a shitty Situation.
Have thought bout spending few months in Laos BEFORE Politik
fucks that up too.

A lot of great people indeed, although when we get to a certain stage in life where addiction is the only thing we can do to survive life ends quicker than expected by most people who love us. Philip Seymour was also a great person that has also passed away, I remember hearing one of his quotes saying he was sure he would die in one or the other. Very sad.

As a big film nerd going back to the golden age of Hollywood, I always ranked Hoffman as one of my top 10 favorite actors despite the limited range in the roles he was casted. One of the few contemporary actors I followed and watched everything he was ever involved with. I could always count on any film Hoffman was involved with on being something special, and I can't even say that about anyone else today except for Daniel Day Lewis.

Hoffman was also one of the only celebrity deaths that really hurt me on a personal level. The only other was David Bowie, but although still too young, Bowie lived a hundred lifetimes in one. He died on his own terms, and wrote his own eulogy. I bought the special edition of Black Star on vinyl upon release, celebrated what I considered to be the best Bowie album since at least 1980 and looked forward to seeing him on tour. Three days later I drove to Phoenix to get ketamine treatments for severe treatment resistent depression. My girlfriend told me she was married after we were together for a year. And the brightest star in the sky turned black. But Bowie (like Cohen) couldn't have died in a more fitting and perfect way. ET phoned home. It hurt but wasn't tragic.

Hoffman was tragic on so many levels. Like Bowie, his art helped me through some of the roughest times in my life. I knew he had a drug problem like I did in our early 20's. But he seemed to beat it and go on to become one of the most respected figures in film. I used that as an example of hope that I could put my past behind me and still have a bright future. Then after 30 years of sobriety he died alone in a hotel room. That was a punch in the gut. And a reminder that my drug problems will be something I will struggle with my entire life, not simply a dark phase to grow out of.

I have the impression about Hoffman. He was supposed to be the protagonist type IMO. And I can relate with you feeling bad about his death. Such a loss. And yes it sounded tragic as I believe he would have had a long way ahead that's probably one the reasons I felt so bad.

You are right, this struggle is for an entire life. It's not like we can say we are former users. But somehow this darkness has enlighten myself. And I feel I'm always trying to adapt.

If you are already struggling with opiate abuse then you might as well try heroin, but I'd recommend smoking it. Most opiates like codeine, morphine, opium will make you somehow happy and very content while heroin has a whole different dimension of happy feeling to it. Heroin will make you burst with this most satisfying happiness. What I found with heroin however is that you only enjoy the initial rush and thats it, when with other opiates you gradually comedown and enjoy the rest of the day being content and stuff. Heroin is moreish in a sense, it will make you want to redose

Redose 3 times a day, tolerance catching up fast. Lots of money being spent, then you are suddenly basically using it not to feel sick and each time you shoot, at this point, could literally be the last one.

When half a gram doesn't work properly anymore and you see no way out other than quitting, it is normally too late as years have gone by. Everyone you once cared about may no longer be available. Not to mention detoxing which is horrible and it doesn't end with the withdrawals.

In order to obtain such happiness from a regular real life it would have to be so great and joyful, and it would require that you'd have euphoric moments with a lot of hobbies, exercises and so much love, a problem free utopic life and warm feelings of approval, acceptance and feeling wanted 24/7. We all know this doesn't exist and we learn to live with limits, understanding we can't have everything. That a no is a no, etc. We are 'couched' ever since we are kids.

However, if you know there's a magic powder, an injection that would make all of your problems go away and provide you with immensely pleasurable warmth feelings it all becomes a gread vivid dream, an illusion that will be stick to your memory for ever, so that you always think of that when things are not going well and even if you manage to live a decent "clean" life. It's difficult to convince yourself that life can be better without it.

That's one of the problems with trying. It won't leave you alone.

Last edited: