• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Pretty much hit the nail on the head with the op. All I have to say is if you havent tried it DONT! Once you get the taste for it, its GAME OVER. I have "quit" multiple times. Im about 1 year sober with a few day or two binges so not really a year but, anyways I dont think ill ever be content again. There is not one hour that goes by that i dont think about it. like everyone else I just wished I never knew what it felt like. But although it makes you feel that good it will take you to hell and you will feel equally as bad and ive only smoked it managed not to shoot it which gets hard when you are spending 200 a day and that wouldnt even get me high. Plus the only reason ive done this well in my sobriety is because I moved out of state right after detox if I was still around where I have access to it id be still doing it.

I've been bedridden for 3 days now because I decided to use heroin 5 years ago, and go with it.

I'm trying my best to taper off but it is really challenging. I was using around 2 or 300mg a day of good fuckin raw dope... nice afghan vinegar smelling stuff and #4.

So, I went from that immediately to 60mg a day and now 40mg a day. At first I dosed 20mg every 8 hours and it was hell because I'm used to compulsive dosing every 2 to 3 hours. Now I am moving to every 12 hours because that will be much better for me. It's one step closer to be able to go 24 hours without dope and not experience too much discomfort. I hope I do not puke, dry heave, or shit my pants today like I did when I tried cold turkey (that just was't going to work).

I have a lot of hope this time. This is the third day, why turn back now?

You see, I have so many priorities in life and I can't really afford to waste days like this. It needs to stop. On heroin, I am the ideal version of myself in every way (except for the constipation and sex drive issues). The problem is that when I run out, it is so much fuckin agony that I can't get out of bed. Nothing gives me pleasure for at least ten days due to anhedonia, and trust me, that's a LOT longer than reading a sentence makes it out to be. Suffering that long and then it's still not over at this point. My addiction has progressed to the point that I will be physical sick for at least 2 weeks, more like a month. And after that, it's even worse. You think it's over and then the extreme cravings come, the panic attacks that are immune to benzos, the hardcore insomnia that is so bad it can lead to psychotic symptoms. That's when I broke down last time so I'm trying to go a lot slower this time. I'd rather stay on a lower dose for a long time, than reduce my dose, freak out, and have a total relapse like I did last November. Ever since I've been using raw. I have taken 3 days off with no opiates in that time, actually in the last 5 years it has literally been 3 days without them - but I get sick all the time due to tolerance. I can take like 6 percocets and it's not satisfying at all. Before I did H, I was good with 1 percocet and 10mg oxy would have me flying. Recently, I went through over a gram of oxycodone in 5 days. After trying heroin, which has different effects it's more relaxing, no amount of oxy will satisfy me and I used to love oxy. Same goes for dilaudid although I definitely prefer that one.

So many people end up like this. Can you take 2 weeks off work just to fuckin suffer? No, the world doesn't work that way. And you will always run out at some point.

I guess some people think they won't get addicted but fact of the matter is if you are thinking of trying it you probably have some sort of demons you are trying to escape from. You are likely already ridden with problems and this is the precise candidate for an addict. Also, it took me 18 months to develop severe withdrawals. Of daily hardcore use. It doesn't happen overnight. I hear people tell me they are functional heroin addict but then they say "even after so many months..." and I just smile and nod. Yeah. 6 months in of daily hardcore use of oxy, dilaudid, small bumps of H (my first gram lasted me 6 months), and smoking opium, I still only had 3 days of withdrawal which wasn't bad at all. I could make it to class for example, I wouldn't throw off every priority because I was too sick. People would notice like a girl asked what's wrong with me, something looks wrong. I had been on a 3 week dilaudid binge over the holidays sniffing 32mg a day (I always get good drugs for the holidays lol) and when I came off that, all that happened was I kicked my legs like a fish out of water and rolled around in bed each night for 3 nights. Then during the days I looked like death. It was fuckin nothing, a joke of a withdrawal.

When I want to quit these days it's means a commitment to a month of suffering where I'll pretty much be living to see the next day. After that, it gets even worse and I become severely mentally ill. Seriously why risk it. I look back at who I used to be, a simple pothead growing my dope before I injured my spine and it wasn't enough anymore. Almost brings me to tears. I lost my house, my engineering job and possibly even my career at this point, my car, my girlfriend... I have nothing left. I live in a basement day after day after day alone. It is a miserable life and I'm doing my best to quit. I didn't even realize what I was getting into and I've never used a needle either which is the reason I've never overdosed (luckily) and I'm still alive. So, if you are "just" sniffing heroin don't think you're any better.

today is my 3rd day of using 60mg heroin daily. 20mg every 8 hours. Today, I am trying 20mg every 12 hours. It HAS to stop I am destroying my life and I want money, a career which I deserve with all my education (it doesn't discriminate, if you end up liking the high, you are going to want to do it again, and you'll be fucked). If you're a downer drug person and don't have trouble controlling cocaine or MDMA, that's a big red flag. it means you probably prefer these types of drugs... it's a chill drug, I'd almost compare it to weed if it didn't cause so many fuckin problems years down the road.

I wish I had quit after a year or 2, when the withdrawals were bearable. They still are, I can take the pain, but the first 10 days to 2 weeks are a total write off for me at this point. I don't use subs or methadone, I'm not interested just yet. If you have self control, it doesn't matter what drug you taper with. So I am tapering down with heroin itself. My supply is really consistent in potency which makes this possible.

Anyone suffering from this I feel for you, even the people in life I fucking despise and did horrible things to me, I would NEVER wish this on them. It is something nobody deserves to experience. Be smarter than I was and seriously never try it. The high isn't even that good (well, to me it is because it treats my chronic pain, BPD, panic attacks and social anxiety, ADHD)... it treats everything that's wrong with me so I consider it the perfect high as I'm a functional addict. However, there always come times when I can't get it or I don't have the money and I'm not one to rob or steal so I just suffer through it. The withdrawal is so bad to me that I actually lose the will and desire to get more heroin because I'm too sick to get out of bed. Getting a glass of water becomes a challenge.

Just be smarter than me and regardless of who you are, never try it. If you really need something for your pain, stick to oxycodone or hydromorphone and don't ever IV. I have never iv'd before and that's why I still even have a chance to get better. I truly believe that IV use is the nail on the coffin of an opiate user. I'll NEVER do it. I even have needles around because of course I've been tempted but every single time I choose to be sick over doing that fucking self mutilation. Just thing of your fragile veins. Just the fact that I have considered doing that to myself to avoid withdrawal is completely fucked. Do you think I was thinking about that 5 years ago when 2.5 mg oxy (half a fucking percocet) got me higher than sniffing 20mg of really good heroin does today? Tolerance ruins this drug and so does prohibition. Since you are new and inexperienced, you'll probably end up with some fentanyl analog and not even experience real heroin. I have to throw in the garbage over half of what I get because of that bullshit but I only know good dope because I have 5 years experience and it wasn't so prevalent back then for these fuckers to put fent and shit in their dope. So chances are, you won't even be getting real heroin.

I think I've made my point, but I feel like people coming here have already made up their mind for the most part. I was the same. I read all about heroin on blue light before I used it and ignored all the warning signs, justifying it by my chronic spinal pain. Well, these days I'd gladly take the pain over this fucking garbage of a life. I literally threw everything away and eventually after a few years started spending tens of thousands of dollars a year on opiates. The one thing I am proud of is I resisted the temptation to inject my drugs. I have always sniffed heroin and it isn't much different from sniffing a nice OC 40 or 80 (in Canada), or taking one or two roxicodone if you are in America but those are becoming increasingly counterfeited! Honestly fuck all of this shit. Seriously think about what you are doing. A lot of people DIE, and few people every get better. The recovery rate is abysmal. And don't think you are better than everyone and won't be that one who gets hooked. I don't care who you are it's ALWAYS a risk, so take that into account and also that the high isn't even really that great. I mean, I love the stuff, but it took me a while to really appreciate it. There's nothing better than getting a hit when you're sick... but you have to get addicted to experience that. At first it was wonderful too, but then once you realized you had been fucking yourselfthe whole time, those memories are nots pleasant anymore and are replaced with straight up regret. And this is coming from someone who is treating several mental health issues and also severe chronic pain in my spine for someone as young as me that I've had for 8 years now. I still regret it. If I was "normal" without problems, wow I'd feel like a fuckin dumbass getting into this shit and that happens all the time. People throw their lives away.

I'm going to quit this time. I need support because when I need to pick up more to keep tapering, there is a chance I could fiend it. I'm getting really small amounts of the drug to try and deter that, and also waiting until I am deeper into the withdrawal process. Today is day 3 and it's honestly not THAT bad yet. Although, I took 20mg etizolam haha so my muscles don't hurt so much, and some amphetamine so I have the energy to get out of bed periodically and amphetamine truly does help with withdrawal especially not cold turkey withdrawal but like tapering withdrawal or when you are deeper into the process and not as completely sick out of your mind. I'm not puking, dry heaving, and shitting my pants for days on end and then too sick and weak to shower after ever again so FUCK cold turkey, that's just me. As soon as I have the opportunity to fix I race out and fiend the stuff if I've been in cold turkey for a while. This way, I'm stilll making progress, but I'm still periodically getting a hit. My dosage drop was approximate an abrupt 75% and that's why I'm feeling so shitty. Please wish me luck today is going to be a huge struggle and tomorrow and the next day as well.

Also, you build tolerance really quickly to the respiratory depression of heroin as a self-protection mechanism. New users are very susceptible to overdose, moreso than addicts in my opinion. A lot of people in life have died from their first sniff of this stuff. Hopefully someone will avoid the same dismal fate.
Hey man best of luck to you. Im sure youve thought about it and maybe its just not an option for you but if youre able to go to detox and get subutex itd make it a lot easier. I went to detox and was given 16mg subtuex a day and it made it pretty painless. I was smoking about 1g-1.5g of average dope a day def could have done more just couldnt afford it. But then again ive been trying to quit the subutex for a few months now

I guess that when it comes to Subutex, less is more. My experience was with Methadoe way before subs, but it's difficult to come off. But pretty easy to get your life in order very rapidly.

I would just like to say that 2 nights ago I was given some heroin, long story short it was against my will at first but in the end it was my choice to do the one line. It was about a small two inch line. I have a past history of being a heroin addict but I had been clean for over a year (unsure of exact date but I guess I relapsed now)

Anyways that one line that I thought would be okay taking made me instantly collapse, I fell face first on a concrete floor with luckily no injuries except a nice blow to the back right side of my head where there's a noticeable knot. I woke up in an ambulance unable to hear (there was so much ringing in my ears and I was cold, so cold...)

I woke up in the hospital by my mother. She is the one who found me, face blue, lips blue, chest not moving, low pulse. My mother is not trained in CPR. Luckily, we have a fire station right down the street and quick ambulance responses. They said 10 more minutes and I could have been a dead woman. I believe the heroin I had contained fentanyl. I don't know what they are cutting it with these days, but please... don't do it. This experience ruined my relationship and part of my home life. Please. Don't let your family find you dead.

Scary! Hope you are okay now.
I've been through a similar situation but it took me a couple of days to wake up. It was the worst thing my family has ever been through. When I woke up in intensive care I could not hear, and could not speak either. It was beyond horrible. The doctors have also said I could have died. Imagine friends and family both discovering and being chocked. Never again.

This has happened a long time but I still get emotional when I think of my relatives and everyone I loved. Put yourself together and go back to being sober. Life is tough but soo much better!

Best of luck!

Thank you so much. I ended up recovering and getting discharged all in the same night. I'm so grateful that I was found in enough time. I would also just like to add that peer pressure is a thing no matter how old you get, and sometimes you're going to meet people you think you can trust until you're in the hospital overdosing because your "friend" just can't get high by themselves.

I'm working on my mental state now it's going to take a few weeks to get it off my mind, but I just cannot believe my mother saw me with a blue face and blue lips. And my little sister was aware of the situation. I wasn't in intensive care, I was picked up off of my basement floor with a body mat. My aunt had previously tried to wake me up before but when I didn't respond she slammed the door and just went to go make a drink and that is probably what makes me the most upset. I was transferred to a stretcher and there was just so much ringing in my ears, I was shivering from being cold, when I finally arrived at the hospital and was placed in a bed I had 4 blankets and sometimes they were above my head because I was still so cold...

Was the ringing in my ears me dying? I believe I went into a coma until they gave me the Naloxone.

Glad to see you are back! :)

About your question; probably in and out. Certainly into a deep level of unconsciousness, maybe you were in a comma for a small amount of time or saved from it minutes before it happened.

Repíratory problems tend to pull you lungs further to your back, something like that. Hope you aren't experiencing back pains and that your breathing is fine.

Last edited:
I believe I instantly went unconscious or at least two minutes after the initial encounter because I don't remember anything after that until I was being carried out of my home on a mat and opening my eyes slightly. I did bang my head pretty hard, I had a massive headache when I did recover.

I'm not having any sort of respiratory issues or any symptoms that would suggest I'm going to face any long-term consequences from this, so thank you for your kind words. I am okay and ready to move forward in life.

I'm sorry, I'm not "that" guy about grammar. Really
But lol @ "maybe you were in a comma" the image it conjures made me laugh. Then again, I'm immature.

"I'm in the midst of a traaaaau-ma..leave a message. I'll call you back" Bonus points , anyone?

I have a question I was doing (snorting) 6 roxy 30s a day. Now I switched to "H" I do a bag and a half a day of it which it's powdered and strong so I only snort it. But idk if it's my mind or not but I woke up this morning no WDS or anything. When I was doing rs I woke up and was WD immediately but I feel like with "H" I don't get the WD at all or no where near as bad where it's not noticeable. Can I get a reply back to this? And maybe experience to tell me if it's my mind or is WD from "H" not bad at all. Thank you in advance.

You don't know how much dope you have actually taken for sure, differently from Oxys when you knew precisely what the dose was. You could have used a stronger bag, you not taken for too long, etc. You'll need to see your reaction within the next a 24-36 hour period to see how physically addicted you are, or aren't.

If you have not experienced tough withdrawal, consider yourself very lucky and use the opportunity not to use it again. That would be a gift to yourself, right?

A question: I have met or read about ex-addicts who threw up the first several times they used heroin. Others said it never caused nausea for them. They just got really stoned. Why is this? Is it strictly that the people who threw up used too much, and the people who didn't hit the right dosage? I have no idea if any of these ex-addicts were taking Norco or something at the time that might've created a little bit of tolerance (well, depending on how much Norco they were taking), but I know of one ex-addict who wasn't using any drugs or even drinking when he took his first hit of smack, and he didn't puke at all. Just got really stoned.

It has to do with dosage and tolerance. Thus it also has to do with ROA (more side effects with IV than intranasal or smoking). To the degree it has to do with tolerance, some people are also less naturally tolerant to particular side effects, like nausea.

The first time I used heroin I didn't have any current tolerance to opioids, though I'd been using hydrocodone and oxycodone irregularly for a couple years. I didn't get nauseous because I snorted a tiny dose by any standard (1/4 of a "low dose" to a barely tolerant user - so about a quarter of a stamp bag).

mos def NOT a good idea
heroine is for people with no future - my opinion.

Like, something to try be4 commiting suicide or sth

But even those trying to commit suicide sometimes can have a hard time with it. It's definitely a tough life.

generally hard opiates are the same thing, BTW.

you start abusing- your reward system is actually gone forever

Yes, and it takes so long to feel normal. You have to deal with a world of sadness and desilusion. People don't realize how tough life can be afterwards. No music, no color. Just a moment at the time until one day you smile for the first time and believe you can live again. I wish everyone could know that before giving it a try because it's not worth it. Not worth it at all.

Thank you for the replies on the last page. I have shot up twice in the past month which I really should not disregard less. For myself - since I miss over half the time - IV use is going to be a very slow and steady transition, with many chances to stop.

I'm presently tapering and I've really lowered my dose these past 2 months. I have missed 4 times cause I don't really know what I'm doing. I am sniffing every 12 hours now. I used to sniff every 2 or 3 and not get anywhere near of a high.

Just don't try it. Honestly, what the FUCK are you thinking trying it. If you do, you're a fucking dumbass just like me. I also have severe chronic debilitating pain so I get it. Sure it took 5 years to catch up with me, but now I am right fucked. I have shot up twice when I usually sniff. It is my second day of cold turkey of withdrawal and I am sneezing non stop, puking... I'm really try to keep hydrated and stick to my healthy vegetarian diet. I will get fixed up tomorrow and continue tapering. If it gets any worse I'm getting right on subs.

And again just do not try it. I remember people telling me not to and I thought what the fuck, what's so go about it. NOTHING. It will fucking DESTROY you. It kills people!!! Is that not enough! People DIE from it, more than ever before in history due to the fentanyl analogs. What the fuck makes you any different? Especially if you already WANT to try it. There must be a reason for that, and I guarantee the reason allows for a greater chance of a slow and steady decent into addiction, that you will not even fucking notice until it's too late.