• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing worth mentioning is that the frequency of use can play a factor as to how long it will take you to go into withdrawals. I went a LONG time (3 years) where it took me a solid 48 (!) hours to get sick. The most I EVER used was once a day. Once I started using multiple times a day though, that sped up to 24 hours, then eventually about 12. I also find that sleep is a factor. If I wait 12 hours during the day, it may not be long enough, but if that 12 hours is overnight, I can pretty much count on waking up sick enough to take bupe.

There are no set times that anyone can guarantee will keep you out of precipitated withdrawals. It's all about knowing YOUR body and YOUR symptoms and patterns, not an arbitrary amount of time. The COWS sheet is best. It forces you to honestly assess symptoms, as opposed to going by how you expect to feel after X amount of time.

when I was shooting I'd shoot at least 3-4 times a day and it would take me 24-36 hours to get sick. I would blow through 1-2 grams a day and still take a bit to get sick; was kinda weird cuz I would hear about people getting sick so quick, waking up in the middle of the night having to shoot to go back to bed. see, I could never do that because there would be no way I am going to bed if I had ANY dope left; everything always had to be GONE before I could actually sleep and put my mind to rest. I was a SICK, SICK, SICK user like that. if there was dope there, it had to be SHOT ASAP!

Dam that's crazy BBT lots are like that though. You see I couldn't sleep unless I knew I had something for the two times I woke up sick every night and for the morning. If I did my last one before bed then I would not sleep a wink worrying about how I am getting my next fix or I would wake up at 2am drenched in sweat and be unable to sleep again.

was never me; if I knew I had shots, I couldnt sleep cuz I knew shots were there, and I needed them GONE before I could close my eyes; then I would shoot them all and NOD OUT and not pick up again till the next day around noon. grab my 1-2G;s, which was usually 4-6 shots total, throughout the day till midnight, and same thing, over and over, but I would always go 12hrs w/o a single thing in my system. well, maybe less cuz there have been times where I'd finish my last shot at 2AM or something. it would be a waste cuz I'd shot a half G shot at times at 2AM and be sleeping by 230, lol. all am mental thing, you guys know. def. times I passed out and had it for the morning, but ONE SHOT but it just didnt do it for me cuz one .5 didnt get me the same rush I would get or needed, I needed all the other dope already in me all day to that one shot to feel "right", ya dig?

Yeah when I have Opana I frequently wake up in the middle of the night and would have to do more in order to go back to sleep. That sucks, but it also the most blissful sleep so it gets to the point where I look forward to it.

If you have it though right harrisment? If you wake up without any drugs left then your fucked with no chance of sleeping for the night.

And I always thought about the same thing as fullycafinated but can find out if it's really true. I too noticed when I started selling drugs and always had a whole bunch of heroin that was when I started doing it at night if i woke up but then it got it the point where I needed to wake uo a few times a night to redose when before I could sleep the night and wake up sick.

Yeah. Waking up without them means I am up for the day, and hating life.

To update, I've been on the subs for a week now, and am down to 2mg a day. I'm really proud of myself, because I honestly haven't gone more than a few days without a full agonist in about 6 years. My back pain is in full force though, so I know I'm going to pick up my script next week. I'm nervous about switching back and falling into my old routine, and also worried that the Opana won't work for a while because of the 2 weeks of sub use. At the very least I've managed to not spend ungodly amounts of money on street pills this month, so that is a win. Ultimately though I know I probably need to just stick with the subs and figure out another way to deal with the chronic pain. Baby steps I suppose. It's tough because I have a very legit need for pain meds, but I have also had trouble controlling them.

Last edited:
man, when I was using heavy there would be so many times I would try to pick up heavy because I would get it much cheaper, so I'd grab 3 grams/bundles, whatever you wanna call it in your area, and I couldnt sleep knowing I had ANYTHING there, so I would blast through it all. the ONLY WAY I would wake up w/ dope is if I ended up nodding off and waking up the next day; I could never actually put me head on a pillow w/ dope being in the house because my heart would race and my mind would make me think I need it. it was fucking whacky like that.

I used to get paid a certain way, and there would be times I'd be able to afford a brick, so I'd grab a brick thinking I'd flip a few things, have some for days, etc. dude, that brick would be gone with the blink of an eye and I'd have 55 holes in my arms, hands, etc. my mind worked in that sick way, so I always ended up paying MORE than I should have cuz I tried to stick to only buying a gram/bundle at a time, this way I couldnt blow through more than I needed in a day.

my habit was 1-2G/bundles a day, so I stick w/ that and be fine, but if you gave me more my mind would not stop till it was gone. just fucking sick/weird, man. I never understood why. there would be times at night I would shoot just to try and nod out because I knew if I stayed awake I wouldnt stop.

I prob OD'd a million times but I live alone and there would be times I'd shoot heavy and then just wake up 10hrs later w/o a clue what happened and a pin in my arm or just on the floor next to me. I am thankful I woke up; the times where I shot like that w/ people around I would wake up in ER, so I stopped shooting heavy around people.

Wait bbt, youre saying you stopped shooting heavy around people cause they might take you to the hospital if you OD'd instead of leaving you to (maybe) wake on your own?

I'm excited that after being on a consistent dose of sub for 8 months that I finally feel ready to taper off. I used to time as an opportunity to get my life back on track, and for all intents and purposes I have succeeded greatly. Continuing to take it is a waste at this point and keeping me from my full potential. The past few days I have only been taking a couple mgs,and as a result my dreams have been awesome, I can feel emotions more viscerally, and my sex drive is back to where it used to be.

I'm excited that after being on a consistent dose of sub for 8 months that I finally feel ready to taper off. I used to time as an opportunity to get my life back on track, and for all intents and purposes I have succeeded greatly. Continuing to take it is a waste at this point and keeping me from my full potential. The past few days I have only been taking a couple mgs,and as a result my dreams have been awesome, I can feel emotions more viscerally, and my sex drive is back to where it used to be.

Good for you! So many guys who get off sub report feeling like teenagers again the way their libido comes raging back.

Wait bbt, youre saying you stopped shooting heavy around people cause they might take you to the hospital if you OD'd instead of leaving you to (maybe) wake on your own?

yes, is that not sick or what? just how my SICK ADDICT MIND WORKED; these were my really junked out days, man. I was NOT THINKING STRAIGHT at all. I would shoot and always NOD and NOD HEAVY, so people who didnt understand dope, or werent in the game, thought the worst, and would get worried, etc. hell, I could have been dead and still I get mad you took me to the hospital. was a different time of my life, and I was just a moron, dude. dope was all that mattered. just sad thinking back to what I was once doing.

do I still use now? not nearly as much; I am on methadone, and ill pick up dope here and there, but its nothing like it once was. between the blocking w/ the methadone (well, tolerance raise and I will still only shoot half G's) and me shooting/buying so much less and less often, that when I do if I were to even get a NOD on I would be lucky.

things changed, life changed. when I was telling you about the stories above I just found out I had a brain tumor that was cancerous, so I was shooting w/o a care in the world, man. I thought I was DYING so I just shot, shot, shot and shot more. but turned out being a stage 2 tumor, went through chemo and the cancer was gone, etc, so I am in a much better position now, on methadone program, even on my way down, going away to a 2 week program due to a past DUI, etc. just trying to make things better than they once were and I once was.

Right after I posted that I realized I had been in that mindset at one time too, maybe not to that degree but I get it. Though im thankful to have the memory of waiting to die so far behind me that i could spit a post like that out so off the cuff, I know I was lucky to get out when I did.

Never had the cash to use that heavy. Even so, I've done plenty of stupid shit that could have caused my demise, like driving around an exit ramp for two HOURS thinking I was lost because I kept nodding at the wheel, or waking up off the side of the road about to hit 10 trees. And yeah, I'd get mad when someone found me and made me pull over, especially if it was on the way to score...

And as far as keeping something for the morning... I did great at that at first. Shit, I could buy a weeks worth and hold onto it. But of course after a while, it didn't matter what I bought, it would be gone in a matter of hours... even a brick... would be gone by the end of the day... but the sad thing is, even using a brick a day, I've never really come close to falling out...

I know what you mean about waking up with the wds taking opana, it sucks.
what i did for a while was take a tiny amount of sub in the morning, maybe 1mg, then later in the day i could toot like 5 to 10mg opana, feel great, then not feel awful when the opana wore off.
Yeah when I have Opana I frequently wake up in the middle of the night and would have to do more in order to go back to sleep. That sucks, but it also the most blissful sleep so it gets to the point where I look forward to it.

Did a quick search, does anyone know anything about this new Bunavail Buccal buprenorphine release date or anything about how it might compare to suboxone or zubsolv?

Yesterday I took Subutex, I took about 2mg my first line. Didn't notice anything so took 2mg more went into the worst withdrawal I have ever felt, thought I must be dying, I had been told to fix this by taking 2mg each hours until symptoms subside. I did this for the next 6 hours and didn't feel any better (about 12mgs total). Fearing i was dying i Then I had my fiancé bring me some H to snort. I did about 1/4 a gram and still nothing... I took valoum and went to sleep. I awoke this morning feeling better but not great and did a very small line of H. I'm not sure if its the sub finally kicking in or if its the H. I need to know if I should continue with sub to keep feeling ok or start over and finish the H too keep feeling OK and once the H is gone restart subs.... I'm thinkin the sub is what kicked in since I did so much of it I dong see how any of the H even got on my receptor s......help I'm desperate

Last edited:
So you went into precipitated withdrawal? How long did you wait to take your subutex after your last dose of heroin? If you don't wait a good 12-24 hours then the subutex will rip the heroin off your receptors causing you to get sick really fast.

Oh yes I did go into bad precjp. withdrawal. I thought I would be good after 14hours free of it. I only snort H I don't like needles. But I never knew how quickly an addiction could take hold and I've been stuck in a vicious battle for four years started with percs,then roxys, then on to OPs and the nail in my coffin was H. I been on H for 2 years. About a gram a day. I want off of it but after yesterday I'm deathly afraid of it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.