• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suboxone is free here but they try to get you off after a few years of being on it. And you have a key worker who you see two-weekly for support

It's the same set-up here (UK). I've now been on it for 8 years, and they want to begin reducing me; can't stay on it for the rest of my life,I reckon. That's not say I'm not afraid of coming off it, though.

why must this be brought up over and over again? why can we just not say there is a right dosage for everybody!?

I have 3993993 stories when it comes to bupe; over the last 5 months nothing but good stories and my starting dosage was 24MG and dropping to 16MG a week later and then bringing myself to 8 over the course of the next 4-5 months. Dr. still has me on 12-16/daily but I only take 8 at this point.

to those saying "all you need is".. first off, get clean and say you have used subox before and have BEEN CLEAN while on it. also, hold a time where you have used both bupe and dope as one just to hold off the days were the dope man was late, or the money wasnt flowing that day. then you might have a better idea on what works, how it works, when it works, etc.

just so sick of seeing this brawl about dosing. go give a 3 gram a dope fiend 2MG bupe and see how long that helps and kill his urges.

I am PRETTY SURE that a good portion of us on here had pretty decent habits; so how can you say that such low dosing bupe does a single thing? and if you say it did, then how long did stay sober for? on bupe for? away from dope?

When I first made the switch from dope to bupe I was in a mental ward (long story); right away they started me off at 24MG and I truly and honestly NEVER felt a day of sickness, drowsiness, anything. from my last feeling or "normal" to the day I ended up in the ward on bupe; I felt MYSELF and normal. but yet I see a lot of people say when making the witch to bupe you will feel somewhat shitty at first; also waiting 24/hr after your last dope dosage, etc. these are all things that are based on the person and THAT persons background.

I don't get what the issue is. Brutus has done successful tapers before and has had significant clean time both from maintenance and also complete abstinence from all substances. So all he was saying was that he was having a hard time being prescribed the amount that he knows works for him, which happens to be on the lower end of the dosing spectrum in terms of what doctors prescribe these days.

There was no arguing, he was just saying what works for him, and you decided to bring up the whole debate again saying we were starting it again when he was just talking about his experience. And Brutus has every right to say what dose works for him considering he's had several consecutive years clean between maintenance, tapering, and complete abstinence.

Ziggy has been clean a while too so I respect her opinion on this as well. I did a month of maintenance followed by a month of tapering never going above 4mg and was fine with that.

If someone on methadone prefers being on 40mg rather than 100mg due to it being easier to eventually come off of the lower of those doses would you argue with them about that? It's the same with bupe. If you can stay clean on a lower dose which is a lot easier to come off compared to a higher dose then what's the big deal? Idk man, sometimes it seems like you are bitter about people getting clean using lower doses than you for some reason.

I believe I've reached a personal milestone in stupidity today. I'm experiencing extreme insomnia due to burning through 3/4s of a kilo of kratom in an insanely short amount of time. After being up for 48 hours I came across an afrin bottle containing 8mgs of bupe suspended in water that I made over a year ago, sadly there was a small amount of mold in the water. In a moment of desperation I fished out all of the visible mold and ingested about a quarter of the contaminated liquid. My fingers are crossed that the accumulated bacteria is the kind that gives you super powers rather than the sort that fucks up your respiratory system.:|

Last edited:
^Ingested how is the big question...really hope you didn't bang it!

Holy shit dude... I wouldn't do that... Sounds quite sketchy.

^Ingested how is the big question...really hope you didn't bang it!

I insufflated it as I do everything else. It was indeed quite stupid but I must say I'm quite happy to have gotten some sleep. I handle every aspect of physical withdrawal quite well other than the insomnia.

It's the same set-up here (UK). I've now been on it for 8 years, and they want to begin reducing me; can't stay on it for the rest of my life,I reckon. That's not say I'm not afraid of coming off it, though.

Yea I'm in North Wales n they are similar I've just found out that they leave people on script for years n years. However, I have one of the best key workers there n she does not want me on suboxone forever. She wants me to stabilise on the 12mg for 6 as I was having huge cravings on 8mg. we're all different n opiates are opiates, addiction is addiction the cravings are still there dispite the opiate / strength n so forth. I am scared of coming off it but at the same time I want my relationship with exercise the way it was n suboxone is blocking it. The endorphin rush that like NOTHING on this planet, the euphoria when walking ( going off-topic so I 'll stop there...).

It's like two people inside me fighting. I'll work through it. My plan to use exercise to motivate me to come off sub :)

In regards to dosing or recovery vs maintenance, I accept that that if different for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.
Some people prefer lower doses n feel that it is enough for them n if it works that 's fantastic. Some people higher doses work n that's fantastic. Whatever helps someone to recover from addiction n try their best to live as good a life as possible is what matters.

DMG im here if you need anyone to talk to when you're coming off. This thread is amazing for people tapering, the support here is really good.

Last edited:
I believe I've reached a personal milestone in stupidity today. I'm experiencing extreme insomnia due to burning through 3/4s of a kilo of kratom in an insanely short amount of time. After being up for 48 hours I came across an afrin bottle containing 8mgs of bupe suspended in water that I made over a year ago, sadly there was a small amount of mold in the water. In a moment of desperation I fished out all of the visible mold and ingested about a quarter of the contaminated liquid. My fingers are crossed that the accumulated bacteria is the kind that gives you super powers rather than the sort that fucks up your respiratory system.:

How fast are you burning thru your Kratom?
(I think we have the same supplier by mention of your amount)
I use it twice a day...max. And one rounded teaspoon each time. But go two weeks at a time without using it.
Can you get a dr to order you something non-addicting like Trazadone to sleep?
Useing sub for a Kratom WD seems like a bit of a overkill..although it's sadly not unheard of.
Did you try over the counter stuff like Benadryl and phenibut first?
The trouble with taking ANYTHING is it doesn't allow our bodies to regulate themselves. Any outside help is relied upon. It seems we just have to go through a period of not sleeping to get back to normal sleep patterns after any herb/supplement/drug.
You could taper your liquid. I bet .5mg will hold things in check...
I still have sleep issues after getting off sub in April. I rotate Kratom, phenibut and Benadryl...but I know I just need to suffer thru a couple sleepless weeks to get to a semi normal sleep. A slept like the dead on 140mg methadone for 12 yrs..so it's gonna take a while to even find out what "normal" is.

Last edited:
just dropped down to 6MG the last 2 days and have barely noticed a changed. from 12 to 8 I felt a bit groggy but the 8 to 6 isnt bad, as of yet. I dont think it should have much of an affect but we'll see. I'd like to get down to 4MG and just talk my morning dosage and be done for the day. at first I didnt think I was in a rush to get off the 8MG but after a week I felt why not. we'll see, tho. I'll def.go back up to 8MG if I start having cravings or ideas of the drug. as of now everything is cool, tho.

She wants me to stabilise on the 12mg for 6 as I was having huge cravings on 8mg. we're all different n opiates are opiates, addiction is addiction the cravings are still there dispite the opiate / strength n so forth. I am scared of coming off it but at the same time I want my relationship with exercise the way it was n suboxone is blocking it. The endorphin rush that like NOTHING on this planet, the euphoria when walking ( going off-topic so I 'll stop there...).

It's like two people inside me fighting. I'll work through it. My plan to use exercise to motivate me to come off sub :)

In regards to dosing or recovery vs maintenance, I accept that that if different for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.
Some people prefer lower doses n feel that it is enough for them n if it works that 's fantastic. Some people higher doses work n that's fantastic.

12mg? O.O
Just out of curiosity, how much codeine syrup were you drinking a day? I was shooting up at least approx .4-.5 (a day) of some pretty high quality #4 east coast U.S. Heroin... And I'm stabilized on 11.4mg of Zubsolv which I could probably take less of and be okay. You must've had quite a codeine habit! I'm estimating 10-12 bottles a week at least?

^ funny cuz I asked the same thing; high dosage for the codeine but whatever works works, so if it keeps her clean, let her do what she wants. I know I had a near killer dope habit come end of my last binge and now been away for 4.5/5 months. started on 24MG in a psych ward and now down to 6MG on my own (Dr. still has me on 16MG) and doing well. I have enough subs to always back-up JUST IN CASE that feeling ever hit me but I am far from worried. we'll see good; always good to have extra subs around; for SOOO many reasons, ha.

just dropped down to 6MG the last 2 days and have barely noticed a changed. from 12 to 8 I felt a bit groggy but the 8 to 6 isnt bad, as of yet. I dont think it should have much of an affect but we'll see. I'd like to get down to 4MG and just talk my morning dosage and be done for the day. at first I didnt think I was in a rush to get off the 8MG but after a week I felt why not. we'll see, tho. I'll def.go back up to 8MG if I start having cravings or ideas of the drug. as of now everything is cool, tho.

It's great your tapering...it's encouraging. You might notice a slight bump in a couple days, but it only takes a couple more to stabilize. You'll be at 4mg in no time.

^Maybe I have sounded like I was criticizing people on high doses of Suboxone, but in your case, I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

The whole problem with it for me is: it takes 3 days to get me well for the last few years anyway, when it does eventually start to work, I've been taking 1-2mg doses the whole time trying to avoid having it make me really sick. So once it starts to work I just keep taking doses like that, maybe bump it up to 4mgs a dose for a little while. As far as how much harder it is to get off, whether or not you'll feel a drop from 16 down to 12, I really don't know.

I've been around it a good many years and know a lot of people who have been at it even longer.

People don't usually need to be on nearly as much methadone as they think either, but the difference with methadone is that you actually really feel the higher doses more. Plus it doesn't take any time to work, and you don't experience precipitated WDs.

I've seen girls at the methadone clinic that were there for pills, signing paper-work to get on 120mgs, twice daily, and I'm sorry, there's just no way they need that...It's a fucking travesty to give someone in their early 20s 200+ mgs of methadone a day! So, this is where I get my mentality about the Suboxone...I don't know if Reckitt Benckiser wants people "hooked" on Suboxone for life, but like any other pharmaceutical company, they want to sell as much of their product as possible!

I am fine w/ the way this all started; arguments or not. I NEEDED that high dose to start in order to kick me in the balls and make me head in the right direction; it also completely eliminated all BAD feeling/urges that I once head prior/when trying to come clean. I read everywhere that 24MG is out of the ordinary but in the psych ward they had no problem feeding it to me for a week and I never felt ANY problems whatsoever (aside from the original OD). right when leaving went down to 16MG. stayed there for my first few months because I did not want to fuck up early. there were days I'd take 16MG (8MG AM - 8MG PM) but some days I'd forget the PM and wake up groggy but still OK. from there once I felt confident I made the move to 12MG - 4MG drop but 16 to 12 wasnt that at all. after a month or so on 12MG I felt the confidence to drop to 8MG and nothing has changed; still feeling the same, no worries, no nothing. figured since that went so smoothly I would quickly try to make another drop to see what happens, so we'll see how it plays out. I am not following all Dr. rules but still try my best based on my own knowledge of use of VARIOUS opiates over the years, w/ dope being my ultimate downfall. I've also played w/ bupe for years while using, so this isnt my first time around.

but.. as said before, once that urge comes back, and it's something I get in my head more than once a day, the bupe is back UP to 8MG or even 12MG, who knows. but for now I feel great and all is good in the hood! who knows, maybe its my low dosage of Celexa (10MG daily) that is helping (Dr. says it works well w/ bupe; whatever). or maybe it's just my eyes opening to the clean/non-drug lifestyle I am living. things have been GOOD so I feel great.

If been thinking about trying to switch my generic 2mg/.5mg bupe/nalaxone for the zubsolv. How much do Zubsolv's cost per pill? Also, did u have to have your dr. write the script specifically for zubsolv or what?

12mg? O.O
Just out of curiosity, how much codeine syrup were you drinking a day? I was shooting up at least approx .4-.5 (a day) of some pretty high quality #4 east coast U.S. Heroin... And I'm stabilized on 11.4mg of Zubsolv which I could probably take less of and be okay. You must've had quite a codeine habit! I'm estimating 10-12 bottles a week at least?

If been thinking about trying to switch my generic 2mg/.5mg bupe/nalaxone for the zubsolv. How much do Zubsolv's cost per pill? Also, did u have to have your Dr. write the script specifically for zubsolv or what?

^I would think it had to bea prescription written for Zubsolve, but Suboxone or Bupe/Nalonone (probably even if the dr puts down the Zubsolv doses)

If been thinking about trying to switch my generic 2mg/.5mg bupe/nalaxone for the zubsolv. How much do Zubsolv's cost per pill? Also, did u have to have your Dr. write the script specifically for zubsolv or what?

They are cheaper than suboxone, not sure if they are cheaper or more expensive than generics... But they give you a prescription card that gives you a discount and it can be used multiple times as well, good savings! You have to ask specifically for Zubsolv. My dr. had no issues prescribing it for me... So I think you'll be able to get it quite easily as well. best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.