• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 1,4 butanediol - did i get ripped off?

I have a sneaking suyspicion the "bad rep" surrounding 1,4-bdo comes from people overusing it, drinking contaminated material, and nocebo effect... the NTP toxicity report on the stuff suggests if it's pure it's not as destructive or toxic as people make it out to be.

Does moderate/high dosages constitute "misusing" it? I can't complain from OD like experiences I had on GHB (untested but totally believed source based on empirical knowledge). GBL seems like even more OD-inducing (DON'T ATTEMPT HIGH DOSAGES OF GHB/GBL; very high likelihood you will not like it - vomitting a lot is not out of the question and neither is blacking out - which can lead to death).

^^it freezes very easily but i think the OP is also wondering wondering if its 99.1% or 99.7% etc etc..i dont think greenlighters can accept pms or send them correct?

The OP wants to make sure its even 1,4 - the ingredients suggest that its a regular cleaner. The freeze test would tell that... besides, the freezing point of 1,4 is going to be lower if it is mixed with water or whatever - it certainly won't begin to freeze around 65 degrees so this would be a possible indicator of how pure it is. I'm not sure how much adulteration it would take to make a huge impact but I'm fairly certain that a 10% impurity would dramatically change the freezing point. Plus from what I read, it turns to a gelatinous blob before it crystallizes so that's another somewhat unique property.

Once again, its not fool-proof, but its better than imbibing something with no knowledge whatsoever.

^^yeah OP try to the freeze test...1.4 bute will crystallize...again, i could easily answer Ops question if he would pm me..

Does moderate/high dosages constitute "misusing" it? I can't complain from OD like experiences I had on GHB (untested but totally believed source based on empirical knowledge). GBL seems like even more OD-inducing (DON'T ATTEMPT HIGH DOSAGES OF GHB/GBL; very high likelihood you will not like it - vomitting a lot is not out of the question and neither is blacking out - which can lead to death).

i dunno, the term 'misusing' it differs from person to person..i have found with 1 4 bute that i eve when i took too much i never got the dizzy feeling nor have i ever puked on bute..on ghb i did a few times so this is where bute has the edge on ghb..

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all of the opinions, one can never have to much info on these matters. sorry for the delay in pming you belfort, i didnt know you sent one. love to chat more about 1,4 bute.
btw the seller advertises 99.9 reagent. the msds on erowid says the melting point is 68f. my sample solidified below that temp, no need for a fridge i live in cold environment, in fact, it was delivered crystalized, lol.

Every month or so SWIM stops for a few weeks, and the first few days they can be edgy with headaches - but it's nothing a xanax or a diazapam doesn't take care of.

Yeah that won't work forever. GABAergics ALL stop working at some point. You're playing with fire...

I can already tell that you're addicted to 1,4BDO just by the way you are talking about it. It is pretty clear that you are in denial that there is any harm that can/will result from chronic usage. Classic addict talk.

By the way, we don't SWIM here. Get out of the pool, you're not fooling anybody. Using SWIM and other terms is actually an open admission that you know you are doing something wrong. 8)

Bluelovemango, you sound like i did when i was first taking gbl. I couldkn't see any problems with it (besides occasionally passing out). A few months later i wanted to quit and it wals extremely difficult. My hands shook for literally a week after i stopped. I didn't sleep for days. I hope you don't get it as bad as i did but i fear you will experieynce extreme withdrawal when you finally stop the BDO

I seem to be in the exact same predicament, does anyone know what the outcome was? thanks

excuse username, i'm not here to troll. The name just amuses me

I read it is suppose to have no smell, the stuff i have definitely has a distinct mell. But ingrediants are exactly what op stated,and freezes very easily

Last edited:
1,4-bdo is a shitty version of ghb/gbl, no surprises there, sorry you wasted your money.

As for the people taking ghb/gbl... please listen to this - don't take more than one known dose per day and take a break every few weeks, this way you'll avoid the whole addiction problem and have fun with the best gabaergic drug I've ever tried. This let me use it for a few years with no problems at all.. no addiction, no passing out, nothing.

^^so Gbl is noticeably better than bdo?i get good effects from Bdo tbh but i do remember the glory days of Ghb..that salty stuff was amazing..