• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Creating Positive Change vs. If Nothing Changes Then Nothing Changes..

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
This is a thread to declare the the things you are going to do.. Our lives stay the same unless we strive to change them. Procrastination, apprehension, fear, and passivity will keep us where we are at. So lets use this thread to throw down what needs to get done.. and "get er done."

just post what you are doing, include why or what hopes you have, and then any results you want to share when they come... Carpe Diem - Seize the day!

carpe-diem.jpg

Yeah? I'm down.

I'm never going to touch drugs ever again. Let's hope for the best!

I need to..

Finish the book I'm working on
Get a new pair of telemark skis
Collect all the paper work I need and make an appointment to rid myself of this burden
Acquire a new degree
Write that book about dreams with my son
Join a gym now that the weather is getting unconducive to working out outside

so there is a beginning

work on as many paperwork as I can at work
start going to the gym again regularly
save up money for my trip to Montreal in December

I want to start drinking the eight glasses of water I am supposed to a day
Consume 1 gram of semi sweetened chocolate a day

I need to cut back on junk food but its just so hard to do!!!

I want to finish my degree. I don't know when I'll do it, but I will eventually. Don't hold your collective breaths, though. This'll likely be a few years down the road.

You can do it! I'm thinking of taking some classes as well next year but it will depend on my savings. Crossing my fingers I can save up enough gotta get going into it.

I already started going to the gym again and have made some important decisions for my life.

I need to cut back on junk food but its just so hard to do!!!

Captain hints: get a plastic jar or can of your favorite nuts as a snack.

This is often what I do.

I'm getting clean on 10-28-13, yea I'll be on a Suboxone program 8 mgs per day but, it's hopefully going to work for me this time.

^^^ What bitch it will you just wait and see it through! You can get off that shit. <--- I just talked to myself...8)

-Sell my late father's truck and trailer (20 months later)
-Liquidate my garage full of storage (18 months later)
-Move to India to be with my husband

My hope is to heal this little family of ours into one again as soon as possible.

I already started going to the gym again and have made some important decisions for my life.

Captain hints: get a plastic jar or can of your favorite nuts as a snack.

This is often what I do.

Ahaha ic I guess I should try that. I am actually not doing bad for the last couple of days. I am eating yogurt right now as I type.

drinking the water and eating the chocolate.. doing well on the paper work... plugging along on the book..

Look into degree
start writing book with son
Join gym
look into skies..

I shelved the two novels im working on in favor, not surprisingly I guess, for a book a comprehensive book about addiction and beating it. It is my strong opinion that the recovery community needs to pull its ass out of the mysticism and magic phase it has been stuck in forever, it is afterall 2013.. we used to call chemists wizards and believe the sun revolved around the earth.. but we figured out better and moved on... It's time they did to.. It is my hope that all the theoretical explanation I have conceived may provide valuable insight and comfort to addicts and those who love them. I hope that the techniques and reasons behind them, will provide a path as well as reasons to follow that path and help addicts to find a peaceful and pleasant life in recovery. I hope that if the techniques that are presented are as successful for others as they are for me and others on BL and that addicts can use them to ease this difficult struggle and will be able to come out and live amazing lives.

Thanks for the interest and asking Cohesion.. and I hope you are doing well today=D

Last edited:
Short term: start running and exercising 6 days a week. Get out of the house everyday.
Long term: Go back to school and get that MA I've almost finished. One giant thesis away, dammit.

Short term: start running and exercising 6 days a week. Get out of the house everyday.
Long term: Go back to school and get that MA I've almost finished. One giant thesis away, dammit.

Great to hear from you motheofearth <3

I need to become more positive and be strong about temptations of going out every weekend again =D

Move out of home within 6 months
Exercise and eat right
Make a polished ep/album
Find a stable work situation
Improve work ethic
Become more confident

-Stop sitting around inside like a cave dweller.
-Drink WATER. (just got a 750ml camel back bottle with straw/mouthpiece to have with me always)
-Eat properly and regularly.
-Find housing I can move to in Santa cruz to start school and be closer to my Girlfriend.
-Find a Job in Santa Cruz after moving.
-EXCELL in school in order to be able to transfer into University of California Santa Cruz.
-Stay Sober.