• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

‘Dabbing:’ Dangerous New Drug Seized in Maryland

Bluelight Crew
http://towson.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/dabbing-dangerous-new-drug-seized-in-maryland

A drug that is gaining popularity on the West Coast is moving eastward and is expected to become more of a threat in Maryland, according to a state law enforcement official.

That drug, butane hash oil, is such a concentrated form of marijuana that users have been known to pass out while ingesting it, police said.

“It’s what’s described to me by one user, ‘This is the crack of marijuana,’” said Sgt Mike Conner, who works in the criminal enforcement division with the Maryland State Police. He said it is being seized in Maryland on state highways and through the mail system and "eventually it will come here" on a more widespread basis.

“It’s so potent. …. “It’s a popular way of people getting a very, very strong high,” he said.

He said police have also discovered butane hash oil, also known as “dabbing,” “honey,” “amber,” “wax” or “ear wax,” being shipped through the postal system to addresses in Maryland, though he said he was unable to specify exact locations. He said drug dealers and users don't know how to extract the powerful oil from marijuana, so they buy it and have it shipped to them.

He cited one traffic stop on I-95 this summer in Cecil County. Police said they seized the oil as well as electronic cigarettes in a vehicle in which passengers were traveling from Florida to New York for a concert.

Users ingest butane hash oil by heating up a piece of metal, like a titanium nail, possibly with a butane torch, and touching the hash oil to it. They then inhale the smoke created from the heat through a glass-smoking device, which, in some cases, can resemble a crack pipe, according to Conner.

“A puff of smoke is emitted, and then the user inhales the entire puff of super-concentrated smoke,” according to SFweekly.com

“It is dangerous,” Conner said. “People claim you can’t overdose on marijuana. In fact, you can. It’s so strong, they are passing out.”

Organizations dedicated to reducing drug use in teens say butane hash oil is gaining popularity because of its potency: It can contain as much at 90 percent tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), compared to other strains of marijuana, which contained 25 percent. The drug is also easier to conceal and carry, according a report on ABC15news.com in Arizona.

Some users are as young as 11, ABC15news.com reported.

Conner said parents concerned about their teens using butane hash oil should be alert for these items:

- Butane torch
- A glass-type smoking device
- A titanium nail or other kind of nail with a burned substance on the end.

http://towson.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/dabbing-dangerous-new-drug-seized-in-maryland

Lmao....jesus tap dancing christ....for once im actually ashamed to live in this state lol i was dabbing the other day! Omigod! I also smoked a bunch of rocks took xanax and my methadone and promethazine. Drug ftw! Lol that is actually true, but there is so much misinfo in that article i dont know where to begin. Butane torch? Maybe your kid likes to make creme brulee, and what parent would be able to tell what a ti nail is?? Such a retarded article fuck me.

Lmao....jesus tap dancing christ....for once im actually ashamed to live in this state lol i was dabbing the other day! Omigod! I also smoked a bunch of rocks took xanax and my methadone and promethazine. Drug ftw! Lol that is actually true, but there is so much misinfo in that article i dont know where to begin. Butane torch? Maybe your kid likes to make creme brulee, and what parent would be able to tell what a ti nail is?? Such a retarded article fuck me.

Also, resembles a crack pipe?? And no one here knows how to make it so thats why ppl get it shipped here?? I think this guy mitch connor or whatever the fuck his name is works for the onion, because hes hilarious.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool this article cant be nothing else but a joke

omg guys these dudes get this stuff and heat it up and smoke it through this thing that SORTA RESEMBLES A CRACK PIPE.

Oh, plus, that one stoner said it's the crack of marijuana.

Legit.

I didn't think this was new...its been around for awhile right? I have never used it but I used to see it quite frequently I thought.

people pass out from smoking regular pot all the time, not sure what crawled up this author's ass and died there but it smells like some biased bullshit

"new drug"

"the crack of marijuana"

"resembles a crack pipe"

"you cant overdose... in fact you can"

proof of IQ under 80

“People claim you can’t overdose on marijuana. In fact, you can. It’s so strong, they are passing out.” Connor said

Oh lawd--Think of teh children!!!
Lord.. I was just thinking that.. Bob thanks for putting our thoughts were they belong.. they are passing out sometimes huhh, live to see the proof on that but until you are able make the propaganda video .. is it me or are there stores all over the US that sell something that makes you pass out.. passing out on alcohol must be better because it makes you drive like a blind monkey, beat up your SO and generally behave like a neanderthal.. and yes think of the children.. we need to address the fact that children can take deep breaths and stand up quick and pass out.,. oh shit convene congress.. emergency session to make laws to regulate oxygen and prohibit this action.. Conner, you sir get my ass clown stamp for today.. enjoy, you have earned it..

Last edited:
I'm very close to cecil county md...northeast md, de, and southeastern PA are largely suburban except for philly of course. Hash like this is relatively common, but no more so than most areas I wouldn't think. However, I see keif "hash" much more often than hash oil. Completely BS article...more of the media trying to get parents to worry about their kids doing drugs. Ridiculous.

Waxes and oils are all over towson, its a college area in north baltimore county. Just the other day when i went on a little bit of a bender, i did smoke like 3 dimes or rock while on my daily mmt, like 6mgs xanax, 50mg promethazine and a line of dope just bc my buddy was nodding out taking forever so i did it so we could leave. Anyway, we went to this kids and he had like 2 types of wax and shatter and it was super bomb, esp bc he had a really nice rig. Ill admit, after 2 half and half hits of each kind the rest of the night was a complete blur, and the rock was totally worn off and was just mainly feeling the promethazine and wax...but this woman, if in fact there is a real lisa rossi who wrote this, im thinking its just drug propaganda made for the news, but a retraction should be issues and have her admit she totally pulled all this out of her ass.

New Drug? hash oil must go back to at least the 60's and butane extractions 15+ years.
I'm pretty sure anyone interested in making oil could find the info in about 3 seconds on this internet thing this reporter obviously has never heard about.
Some truth though in that using the wrong type or low grade solvents can give you an oil with some pretty unpleasant effects. black outs , temporary blindness etc.

this article has it all: the crack reference, "overdoses", and 11 year old users.

new? i smoked hash oil for the first time in 1978. happened to be visiting a friend in the state of Maryland.

The "passing out" part I find totally credible, because it happened to me when I was first starting out.
I also saw it happen to a girl I fancied.

Last edited:
I actually thought dabs was something new, so it's just butane extracted hash oil?

Oil helps me sleep and I've certainly went to bed early from it but 'passing out' has different implications than 'falling asleep.'