• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

‘Dabbing:’ Dangerous New Drug Seized in Maryland

yea first time i had hash oil was like 13 years ago. Def wasnt like the shatter i get around here, its probably 4x as strong as that kind of reg black hash oil. So yea i guess ive overdosed a number of times! And lived to tell about it!

I love me some dabs =D
This summer I smoked dabs at a festival with a guy dressed up as gumby.
Yeah that was weird, but so awesome at the same time.
Good memories.

*image of me smoking dabs with gumby*
"Smoking with a guy dressed up as gumby isn't normal, but on dabs it is."
~brought to you by moms against dabs

I love dabs. Nothing is more fun than playing with a blowtorch while getting really stoned!

This is some funny shit really, hash oil new, people not knowing how to make it, able to overdose on it, all fucking nonsense. How the fuck is passing out/falling asleep overdosing? By that definition anytime I take a sleeping pill I am overdosing lol. Do they not realise a shitload of people actually smoke cannabis products to sleep. Also, hash oil is not "marijuana" (stupid fucking term btw, what is wrong with cannabis?!) so even if you could OD on it, which you can't, I don't see what relevance that has to whether or not one can overdose on marijuana/cannabis which I understand to be buds.

Like I said in the hippy crack thread, being a journo is the easiest job in the world, whenever you get stuck just make up some scare tactic nonsense about drugs and they will print it.

^ It's pretty ridiculous to say you can't overdose on weed. If you eat six grams in brownies and you only meant to eat one, that's an overdose.

You can't FATALLY overdose on cannabis, that's a distinction most stoners fail to make.

You could say the same thing about eating chocolate biscuits, if I accidentally eat too many rich chocolate biscuits and I feel sick and dizzy did I overdose on chocolate biscuits? I mean I see the logic in what you are saying to a point, but its like, if I meant to take 200mg of ibuprofen and accidentally took 400mg, which isn't doing me any harm anyway, did I overdose? It just seems kind of arbitrary to call it that and overall diminishes the typically serious connotations the word has when using it in reference to drugs. I mean, how could anyone argue that it is impossible to miscalculate a dose with something? If the worst anyone who doesn't have schizophrenia is going to cop from it is a bit of anxiety then I don't consider it dangerous and it is misleading to the reader of an article that is trying to demonise a drug.

Obviously, this is a harm reduction forum, and I should probably note that people can definitely consume too much cannabis. Some people can have panic attacks and shit and obviously it can be a bit more serious than eating a few too many sweets. I just feel the way the article is presented is bullshit, and to say overdose in that context is just wrong, if they were talking about inexperienced users suffering serious paranoia or anxiety it would be one thing but to call an experienced smoker falling asleep early because they took one too many dabs an overdose is a joke and it is basically propaganda.

Last edited:
You can't FATALLY overdose on cannabis, that's a distinction most stoners fail to make.

With increased THC content and concentrated extractions I feel that this statement isn't true. We're heading towards a future where overindulging in concentrates may lead to the first fatal overdose.

In 88 it was estimated that the LD50 was 1:20,000 - 1:40,000.

'At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

cannabis-science.com/content/DEA%20Ruling%20Judge%20Young.pdf

^^^^

At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

If that was the proverbial 3% THC cannabis, then we're talking about consuming 20 kg of pure THC within 15 minutes. Given the volume of the human stomach, that is mechanically impossible (I think).

Yea close to fifty lbs of weed? Impossible to fit in the stomach.

And just to add...as a resident of the area where this rediculous piece of dookie came from, i seem to be missing the article on how there iis more heroin and heroin addicts and dealers now than ever. Wouldnt that make for a better story?? It has waay more potential for scariness.

Last edited: