• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How long does diphenhydramine take to peak??

johnwight

Greenlighter
okay so i took 600 mg and its been 4 hours, with just a few minor hallucinations, mostly in the dark. How long does it take?

You should've peaked an hour and a half or so.
Be careful with that stuff, never take it alone. Can be an extremely strong deliriant.

You should've peaked an hour and a half or so.
Be careful with that stuff, never take it alone. Can be an extremely strong deliriant.

So is it too late to expect any full-blown hallucinations, like seeing people who aren't there?

it's not too late, you're likely experiencing them already, it's a fucked up trip like that. The thing is, you won't really be able to tell what's real or not, hence the term hallucinations and deliriant being applied to DPH.

I've done much higher doses and didn't really get a whole lot out of it though so i'm sure it varies from person to person. I've seen my gf lose her shit on 600mg and others don't really experience much other than confusion, physical effects and such.

just took another 600 mg, would that add anything to the trip?

Man, I told you to wait a few days. This stuff can be really dangerous. Please don't take anymore. You're chasing a trip that isn't even that great. For all we know you could be tripping right now but you're so delirious you don't notice it.

Man, I told you to wait a few days. This stuff can be really dangerous. Please don't take anymore. You're chasing a trip that isn't even that great. For all we know you could be tripping right now but you're so delirious you don't notice it.

I've been sitting at the computer this whole time. I did feel bugs crawling on me, and things changing shape in the dark, but there's not really any objects or people who aren't there.

I've been sitting at the computer this whole time. I did feel bugs crawling on me, and things changing shape in the dark, but there's not really any objects or people who aren't there.

Well then you peaked. Not everyone gets the whole people aren't here thing. You definitely shouldn't have took another 600mg. It's not going to do anything, and you obviously tripped judging from what you just said.
Put the DPH down and get some rest man.

I used to use benadryl when I was in treatment. my roommate left but I was convinced he was still there for a whole week. So I do have a lot of experience with this drug, but for some reason I don't get so much of those hallucinations like I used to. Do you build tolerance? And if so, if you used it a lot for a whole, and then stopped for a long time, could the tolerance still be there?

I used to use benadryl when I was in treatment. my roommate left but I was convinced he was still there for a whole week. So I do have a lot of experience with this drug, but for some reason I don't get so much of those hallucinations like I used to. Do you build tolerance? And if so, if you used it a lot for a whole, and then stopped for a long time, could the tolerance still be there?

For a week? This DPH can really mess up your head. I can't stress that enough. Get yourself a safer psychedelic, I wouldn't advise over 700mg, nor would I advise someone to do it more than say once every 3 months.
You might have a tolerance, and trying to get up to where you want to get can be potentially fatal. Your life is much more important than $6 worth of anti-allergy medicine.

If you do decide to give it another go, I find liquid Zzzquil to work very well. Give it some time though. The more you take, the longer the 'trip' might last. Maybe even days without you knowing whats real and whats a fragment of your imagination. This is where it gets really dangerous. Its a really strong deliriant and isn't a drug to be taken lightly.

^I don't think he is, definitely not the first person on her talking about taking Benadryl for a "good" time.

Unless you were talking about me, which you know I am just playing around. Or maybe not, cause I don't know what 1200 mg of it does to you in an 8 hour period. I know 25 mg knocks me out for 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I accidentally tripped on this stuff when I was desperate to sleep and took too much. Why on earth would you take this recreationally? It is a serious messed up thinking spiders are crawling over you, thinking people are in the room.... God its horrible, I know this ain't useful but find better drugs, this is terrible. Why not try at least dxm? Not that I'm a a fan of that, but its way less fucked up if you want to try OTC drugs.

Don't take anymore!

I accidentally tripped on this stuff when I was desperate to sleep and took too much. Why on earth would you take this recreationally? It is a serious messed up thinking spiders are crawling over you, thinking people are in the room.... God its horrible, I know this ain't useful but find better drugs, this is terrible. Why not try at least dxm? Not that I'm a a fan of that, but its way less fucked up if you want to try OTC drugs.

Don't take anymore!

Tried advising that from the start. DPH is something you do once or twice to get that experience. It shouldn't be a reoccurring thing. A single 4-600mg dose and its not gonna kill you. You'll trip. But taking more on the same night can easily land you in an ER or better yet since you might be delirious, maybe an institution. And if you continue to use it like that, I'm sure your brain isn't going to work the same a few months down the line.

LSD is safer than DPH. Go get some LSD and have fun mang.

Yeah, that was kind of stupid of me. I figured the first 600 mg was wearing off, so I didn't think taking more would be a problem.. so that was INCREDIBLY FUCKED UP. Sometimes it was kind of cool, but those fucking SPIDERS, so damn huge. And I still feel tiny bugs biting me, and sometimes I see movements in the corner of my eye and shit. Now that I have got the experience I was looking for, I probably won't ever do it again- that's how I do drugs, I will do them and then move on to something new, except for DXM and DMT, which I use more often.

And if I stared at a spot for a little while I'd start to see these demonic humanoid figures coming towards me. While the high I got before the hallucinations began, was really great, but when the hallucinations went into full force it was a little too intense.

be careful. these are wild amounts of anti-histamine to be taking. this could cause chloride retention leading to edema and skin reactions.