NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Although I mostly listen to Psytrance nowadays, I was heavily involved in the local black metal scene when I was younger. So I still like to listen to black metal every now and then.

(Burzum is a nazi dickhead, but his music is awesome). This is probably one of the most melancholic and misanthropic black metal tracks ever made:

I wonder how winter will be
with a spring that I shall never see
I wonder how night will be
with a day that I shall never see
I wonder how life will be
with a light I shall never see
with a pain that lasts eternally
In every night there's a different black
in every night I wish that I was back
to the time when I rode
through the forests of old
In every winter there's a different cold
in every winter I feel so old
so very old as the night
so very old as the dreadful cold
with a death that I shall never see
I wonder why life must be
a life that lasts eternally
with a death that I shall never see
I wonder why life must be
a life that lasts eternally

And this is quite nice too (I honestly thing their corpse paint an spikes look awesome :)

^Great song choices, especially the Burzum song. Burzum are my favorite black metal band easily, and Filosofem is my 2nd favorite album (sometimes my favorite though). I went the metal to psytrance route too, though in recent years I hardly listen to psytrance besides older goa-y stuff like Astral Projection and Hallucinogen. Still go to the occaisional doof here or there though. :)

This tune, and the entire album, is pounding my brain atm.

Although I mostly listen to Psytrance nowadays, I was heavily involved in the local black metal scene when I was younger. So I still like to listen to black metal every now and then.

(Burzum is a nazi dickhead, but his music is awesome). This is probably one of the most melancholic and misanthropic black metal tracks ever made:

[/i]

And this is quite nice too (I honestly thing their corpse paint an spikes look awesome :)

Get this. Never really subscribe to any ideological PR, or nonsense from the black metal scene but the music and artistry is emotionally cathartic and artisticaly beautiful.
The far-right ideology is arbitrary imho...The music is a wonderful expression of thanatoic energies which is often abandoned in a plastic, vapid society that Denys anything seemingly 'negative'.

This is one of my all time favourites, a blend of black and death metal. Brutal, mellow, beautiful, melancholic, technically solid. It has everything. Jon Nödtveidt was a real Satanist and was found dead in a satanic ritual, he commtited suicide and was found surrounded by candles in some kind of ritual he did alone. He was also 8 years in prison for murder.

On August 13, 2006, Nödtveidt was found dead in his apartment in Hässelby, by an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound inside a circle of lit candles

Please give feedback about this:

Really cool progressive/power metal band, Labrinth. Their new album, Architecture of a God is filled with really sweet melodies, interesting drumming, and some unconventional structures. Reminds me slightly of Kamelot which cannot be a bad thing.

And then, Pain of Salvation. Progressive rock with heaps of metal on their latest. I think I've posted them earlier but its one of the albums of the year. Very personal lyrics, beautiful varied vocals, the drumming is absolutely killer and the syncopation is epic and confusing :)

Beautiful.:|

This is one of my all-time favourites, a blend of black and death metal. Brutal, mellow, beautiful, melancholic, technically solid. It has everything. Jon Nödtveidt was a real Satanist and was found dead in a satanic ritual, he commtited suicide and was found surrounded by candles in some kind of ritual he did alone. He was also 8 years in prison for murder.

Please give feedback about this:

Most religions/ridiculously harsh disciplines/businesses let you down in the end; especially ones that propose you should follow not but your own will, not a clever support system to the intracies of the human condition ;)

Megadeth always lol. Im actually about to go to a Megadeth concert tomorrow \m/ its gunna be fuckin awesome i bought a ball of h for the concert and am picking up like an O of tree tomorrow before i leave. The only problem is i gotta keep the H on the dl cuz the person im going with isnt cool with shit like that lol, its not a big deal tho i got smoking h stealthily down to a science lol and the past show i went with him i had no problem finding smoking spots in the hotel to get my nodd on, this time we are stating in a condo/cabin to so itl be even easier. Il post some pics of the concert when im back in the condo after

an oldie but goodie

and something a bit more gentle

Last edited:
I'm going to have to say Party Cannon only cause I saw this poster today and it made me laugh out loud. While I don't normally go for music that brutal, I checked them out cause they stood out in that line-up. Not bad. :D

enhanced-4347-1443697457-1.jpg

^Ha, that's some awesomely incongruous, nice find :D Do you like metal levels?

This is a great opening tune IMO:

hey swilow,

I like metal but it really isn't what I listen to much at all so don't know much about it or listen to it often enough. Back in high school I went through a metal phase that was short lived. Listened to some heavy stuff like Morbid Angel and Deicide. I was classmates with the drummer for Exhumed, so used to rock out to them. I still like a lot of bands that are heavy but aren't your typical metal bands. I still listen to bands like the Melvins, Horse the Band, Blood Brothers, At the Drive In, etc, etc but my tastes are more towards music that evokes different kinds of emotions.

^I wonder what you would think of some of the USA black metal bands like Wolves in the Throneroom. They have a pretty meditative state conveyed, quite uplifting and almost spiritual at times. Slightly contrived too but worthy of a listen.

I think metal can convey a heap of different emotions, but you need to dig into it a fair bit. I tend to listen to mainly black metal, but quite a lot of power/heavy metal (love that epic, ridiculous, over-the-top stuff from bands like Sabaton and Sonata Arctica and Nightwish) thrash metal (mainly German stuff, Kreator are my favorite thrash band) and doom metal. There is a vast range possible from metal beyond the sheer brutality, which has never been that appealing to me. Death metal, unless combined with black metal, never moved me really.

This sounds like someone dying via music:

Totally over-the-top progressive/power/heavy/everything metal. At times this album is utterly awesome and somewhat exasperating. Its incredibly layered and textured and lends itself to repeat listens.

Pretty awesome progressive DM stuff from Opeth: