NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

This is some True Fucking Heavy Metal. Epic, glorious, melodic, powerful. And released last year . . . I'm loving the Heavy Metal (genre) revival we are seeing currently. These guys, Eternal Champion fucking kick ass.

^Great choice :)

How bout this?

Fucking Sabaton, one of the best metal bands around IMO :)

This song simply rocks, great cheesy synths, huge drums and of course awesome vocals

And this one is quite sad to me :\ Shitty video though...

^Sweet. Assumed by 'current metal', 'contemorary metal' was meant, thank you for openng the gates. ;)

[QUOTE+Asclepius]Assumed by 'current metal', 'contemorary metal' was meant, thank you for openng the gates.[/QUOTE]

You can post whatever metal you want here, though I would love to have more discussion. But anyway.

Its cheesy as fucking fuck but Excalion hits a certain spot :). The whole album, "Dream Alive", is decent, a bit much in parts but worth a listen. Biggest drawback is the vocals which are just not strong enough. Dude just doesn't have the best tone, but he can hit sing with a certain feeling which is important.

Nice synths IMO

Nice new stuff from Edguy, cheesy and powerful :)

been listening to lots and lots of black and death metal recently.

still too obsessed with noise though. |||||||||||||||||||||||||

^What bm is destroying your ears atm? Post a link!

I'm going through my annual Burzum kick right now. Just so fucking atmospheric and eerie.

Couldn't find a mention of Mors Principium Est, you might be in for a treat in the form of melodic death metal. Many great albums, probably better songs too, but had to choose one.

Symphonic black metal? Anorexia Nervosa was a favourite of mine long time ago.

Check out also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJAUK4SL3s Anorexia Nervosa - Divine White Light Of A Cumming Decadence

I listened to a lot of metal a decade ago, got plenty of old treasures in my head.

[QUOTE+Asclepius]Assumed by 'current metal', 'contemorary metal' was meant, thank you for openng the gates.

You can post whatever metal you want here, though I would love to have more discussion. But anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, man.:|

Excallion are like a Eurovision band on crack and the devil...thats the most discussion that I can muster atm. Im saving all my energy to defeat my enemies in the morrrow. ;) %)

My Autumnal OCD senses, are tingling.

Last edited:
Really cool progressive/power metal band, Labrinth. Their new album, Architecture of a God is filled with really sweet melodies, interesting drumming, and some unconventional structures. Reminds me slightly of Kamelot which cannot be a bad thing.

And then, Pain of Salvation. Progressive rock with heaps of metal on their latest. I think I've posted them earlier but its one of the albums of the year. Very personal lyrics, beautiful varied vocals, the drumming is absolutely killer and the syncopation is epic and confusing :)

This track opens their album, The Passing Light of Day.

My metal moment was seeing Ronnie James Dio close his set with "Holy Diver". That was pretty cool.

Loving me some Slipknot, as always! This is one of my most favorite songs by them at the moment! \m/ >.< \m/