• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Come Down - Will I recover?

I am not sure how many times I have rolled (so quite a few) and until my comedown I was unaware of the consequences. I first tried it back in October-November 2011, during my first acid trip as well. i was on 2 points and 3-4 doses of LSD. after that, i would use around once-twice a month whenever a show would come in town. I would use around 1 to 3 points per roll on average, though there were times when i went overboard. one day around February of last year i took about a gram (give or take maybe a point or 2) over the course of one night. on top of that, i did a gram of blow, drank 5-10 shots of whiskey, and smoked a good amount of weed as well. 2 weeks later i rolled again and took 3 pills which kept me wired and awake for 3 days (probably a bit of meth in them) and they were pretty large. they were capsules which had i believe around .2 of powder each.

then around april, i took 1 or 2 pills of some 80% at a festival, and then followed it up the next day with another 2 points. on top of that, i did a gram of blow, some research chemical, a bunch of weed, dmt, 5 hits of acid, drank a shit ton, smoked synthetic weed, all over the course of those 2 days. theres probably some others in there but all i know is that i was in the double digits of substances used.

the summertime came and i rolled quite a bit. did it about 2 to 3 times a month, and often mixed. one time i took 2 pills that were dirty as fuck, and they planted me outside for the entire duration of the show. there was another time where i sampled about half a gram with a friend off probably the best molly i had in my life, along with a gram and a half of blow. rolled on 3 points the following week at a show, 2 at a party 2 weeks after that, and then 2 more at another party after that, and so on.

then there was one time really drunk in early September 2012 where me and some friends decided to take 2 points each, then me and my friends decided to do 2 more points the following night after we took a bunch of "acid"... i was on 5 hits, my friends were on 2 and 3 respectively. turns out it wasn't acid at all, but some 3-day-trip on a blotter type shit. following that i only rolled two more times, as the anxiety and depression set in. i rolled once 2 weeks later on 2.5 pills, then not again till November 6th or 7th. that was my very last roll and i only took one point that night, as i was becoming aware of the fact that drugs started causing anxiety rather than euphoria.

so... basically i have rolled more times than i can remember, as well as tripped the same amount, done blow for a while, drank a lot, smoked, took research chemicals, unclean ecstasy pills, and what have ya. all in the course of a year and a half. before anyone gives input on how stupid i am for doing that, i really didn't have anyone tell me anything about the long term affects as all of my friends were also in their experimental stages. i unfortunately, took it wayyy too fast and heavy, and cannot come near the stuff again. any of it.

its been 6 months, and i feel almost back to normal. i still have an occasional beer, still smoke an occasional joint and cig, and had one single coke stint back in march where i was drunk and sampled 2 small lines. as a result of cleaning up, im about 85-90% there. anxiety is very rare, but I've always been an anxious person. as far as depression, getting involved in normal life activities rather than drug binges has made me generally happier and more accepting of myself. now you know that i was much more foolish and stupid than you and am on a promising path toward complete recovery, maybe it can give you the reassurance that you will recover in due time. you just have to wait it out, and occupy yourself by being active, hanging out with friends, and avoiding risky behaviors. see a therapist or mental health counselor, as i did these things for quite a while. keep good relations with your family, as their support is unconditional vs. stupid friends who try to get you to do more drugs until you are back in the shithole. also, eat well and get proper nutrients, try to get a good nights sleep every night (i know its hard right now) and exercise. strenuous exercise could help you tire enough to fall asleep, while giving you the proper natural flow of endorphins into your brain, speeding up the repair of your serotonin system. most importantly, DONT DWELL ON IT. dwelling on it and worrying about permanent damage (which is likely non-existent) will just create a psychological loop of depression and anxiety. by learning to ignore those feelings and just accept that your brain is in a state of recovery, it will make day to day life much easier.

There is no point, and it is indeed counter productive, to entertain the idea that you have some sort of a long term comedown at this point. Diagnosing yourself this early on will only have a negative effect as it is difficult to make an objective evaluation of how far off baseline you are (in general, but also particularly while going through a comedown when cognitive processes/ mood is slightly off). It is not uncommon for negative thought loops to emerge following a heavy roll, even if very little/ no damage has been done to cause these negative symptoms.

Either way, what's done is done, and you'd be wise to take this all in your stride, even if it goes against every instinct you've got. No amount of stressing will reverse damage IF any has been done, and that's a big IF, but a lot of damage can be done by stressing endlessly. Good luck!

Just withdrawals bro.... Probably the opiates... Few days you'll feel better, valium will take away the withdrawals or get your hands on a mind/anxiety benzo like xanax.... Just go easy on them cause they can be very addictive with anxiety...

btw, I've munched 20 good pingers in one night & been fine, just stupidity on my part cause after 5 my serotonin woulda been max amped.... but they were free so why not... it's the vicodin that did the damage in my opinion, even though they are weak compared to munching oxycontin, the comedown off opiates is nastier than anything I've ever experienced...

btw, I've munched 20 good pingers in one night & been fine, just stupidity on my part cause after 5 my serotonin woulda been max amped.... but they were free so why not... it's the vicodin that did the damage in my opinion, even though they are weak compared to munching oxycontin, the comedown off opiates is nastier than anything I've ever experienced...

Holy smokes that's a lot!! Were those pills tested???

yeah... took em over what would be I guess a 20 hour period though, not like I dumped em all in a 8 hour club period, - started off slow & then just kept munching at intervals.... - they were the good ones from back in the day ( bout 10 years ago ) which were proper mdma with a tinge of speed, - test kit went dark purple instantly... - It's hard to find that where I live these days, now everything is crap locally made or 'stomped-on' by the importers... & it's the 'unknown' substances they cut it with that concerns me now so I'd never dump that many again!.. ( my 'off chops' weekends have been & gone, gettin too old to recover - that is unless I move to Amsterdam?)

Last edited:
That's my biggest mistake I munched approximately 6 on one night lolls and stupid us we didnt test 'em now I am still suffering from that stupid mistake lols

Yeah it's a shame that people put dangerous fillers into gear to sell for their own extra profit & greediness... - pure drugs aren't bad if used properly, - but that's the problem now, where to find clean gear from a trustworthy source, I've found it's very hard to get into the 'higher up the chain' people without also getting caught up in the danger/drama's...

You are right, some of the idiots who sell this stuff should actually tell you some information about it before they give you it. I'm not saying you shouldn't do all the research yourself and stuff or blaming myself, but some of that stuff isn't on the surface of the internet and is sometimes really hard to find. If someone was just like "Hey, don't take to much of this or you're going to have a really really bad come down" it would probably save some people a lot of time and make them more profit. I'm probably never touching mdma again, but if they actually told me something or gave me a little tip about it, I would of been back to buy more. I don't know though I don't want to blame anybody else for what I did, but that's what I would tell people if I sold.

Still having some bad anxiety attacks and along with my ankle, every time I forget about it I will get up to do something it just makes it all come back. I'm seriously considering surgery if it doesn't get better this summer, I can't live life in pain or w/ the pressure on my foot every time I walk.

I really feel for you. I had a very similar experience back in my honeymoon days 2005-06 and I took what would have been close to a gram of MDMA over 2 days after rolling every week for a month before hand 4-5 pills. All Red Russians tested 140MG in lab.

I had the same anxiety and WORRY that I'd ruined my brain forever. Trawling The Internet looking for proof of such didn't help me at all.

You will recover if you don't use again or at least give it 12 months. I say this because it was your first time.

Ever since I went overboard that day 9 years ago I have never been the same. It has resulted in a life of daily benzos, anti depressants and MJ was never the same.

I was 22 then. 31 now. If you have an underlying case of depression and or anxiety I would recommend never touching MDMA again.

Your 17. I am really surprised that you had never heard of a come down. It's the yin and yang of MDMA.

I took a break from MDXx from 2006-2013.
I had not had MDMA until a week ago and again 2 days ago. 300mg last week. 500mg 3 days ago. I did get high as fuck and a bit of a comedown. This week probably a bit more. Point is forget about it and go about your week as best u can and the next week and on and on...

hello hunter

It has resulted in a life of daily benzos, anti depressants

you have been taking benzos for 9 years every day?

I had not had MDMA until a week ago and again 2 days ago. 300mg last week. 500mg 3 days ago. I did get high as fuck and a bit of a comedown. This week probably a bit more.

Thats quite a dose considering you have suffered once before why so much?

Hello futura,

Yes. Benzos nightly for almost 10 years. 2mg Xanax or 2mg Clonazepam. Have been through periods years ago of taking A LOT more.

Yes. High dose. Why? Because the guy only sells half grams.

To the OP,

When I say I've not been the same since I'm talking about 95%. What your ID knows about yourself.

For me I consider myself very lucky that I started at 23 not 16-21 ect... I have had problems with anxiety and depression but not with learning and memory ect...

Your brain is not fully developed until you are between 22-25. Keep that in mind for the next 8 years which will be the time of your life. You only get 1.

Wow benzos for 10 years do you find they effect your sleep or any other issues? They warn you are only supposed to take them for 3 weeks prior to dependance setting in I guess you have accepted the dependance :) What do you take the benzos for sleep or anti anxiety?

Re the MDMA dose its just 300mg then 500mg a week later. I am surprised you needed so much after a 10 year break. You know its ill advised to either take such high doses or take doses so close together certainly potential for more problems if your not careful.

If I could go back I would have stopped the Valium after a month but I liked it too much and had an enabling doctor. I take responsibility for that though.

I had always had sleep problems since childhood and grew up in an alcoholic family, my mum mostly. I believe she had an anxiety disorder as well.

So I didn't drink much early on and smoked pot instead. I hated alcohol as a DOC because of growing up with it.

So to Benzos. I could fall asleep finally. Loved them. Had me at hello.

Take them mostly for sleep only. PM. There was a few years there when I would pop xanax like candy when I was working as a big man in a suit as an Account Manager in the special events industry.

There is a lot of scaremongering here about benzos. And they are addictive but they can often be a much better medication than anti depressants and can help people regain control of their lives. They can cause a bit of emotional blunting but that's dose dependant. My memory, lexicon, dialect, IQ is no different than 10 years ago

Damn I really hope I didn't trigger something long-term. But then again, I couldn't even carry a conversation with somebody before I took these so I don't know if I will care if I ever feel the same. I don't get how I became like this because I was always really friendly, nice, and could make friends easily. Then, after my injury and these thoughts got stuck in my head I had no way to distract myself because of the pain and the thoughts just sat in my head and wouldn't leave. I tried to do a lot of things but they're always there, like a constant fly buzzing around your head, always distracting. It was probably from the 2-3 years of heavy weed smoking I did, and when I hurt my ankle and came in contact with the thoughts my mind wasn't right and it just made me fall deeper and deeper into the hole.

The last good memory I have from before this all happened (2 years ago) was traveling back from basketball regionals with a whole different town (like their whole town of everyone that went was on that ferry ride back) because the ferry mostly everyone from my town took already left and I stayed longer to visit my mom because I had gone to live in a different town for the year until her contract was up and she could move back there (really confusing situation). And I met up with these two girls that I barely talked to through the week of regionals, and I rolled the hugest fucking J of my life in the bathroom and stunk it all up. Went out on the ferry deck and smoked it with them, and this cook guy comes out and says to throw it off and we could get in huge trouble and we just played stupid like we didn't know we couldn't haha. Then, when we went in I was like I'm gonna go to sleep and passed out, and they were all confused, I was such a pussy haha. Woke up and then we met again and talked for like 2 hours and then came to their town, everyone got off and I hopped off, rolled a J somewhere in the mix, and went and smoked it across the fairy terminal while I waited for my teams (basically everyone in town that went to watch too) ferry to get in because it was on a different route that went by some other towns. It was like 4 am when I got on and everyone was asleep and I woke up this fat funny kid walking in to go to sleep and he was like woah jake where you been! Then a couple hours later everyone woke up and they thought I was hiding in the fairy somewhere because they were looking everywhere for me. (I went to watch because this was after I hurt my ankle, but for some reason didn't affect me much, more of the OCD thoughts that have been, then the injury just made it worse). I was like the star player for JV and 6th man on varsity my freshman year, that year,

Fuck, I miss the memories of traveling on ferries to different towns for sports and smoking on them, and also just meeting people from other towns and smoking or just chilling with them. Sometimes I would travel by myself to other towns to meet up with friends and sneak into somewhere hidden outside the ferry and just smoke a bowl there. Those were the fucking days. Hopefully I can get over all this shit and get back to living. I got 4 months until my last year of highschool comes up I hope I can get my shit together before then.

Sorry for long post just had to get that off my chest %)

Last edited:
To OP,
Where r u from in the US? All these fairys ect... Bit Dickonsee lol

Boy/ Girl? Suspect boy.

Are u still smoking pot ?
At 17 you would have friends I imagine everywhere. There's always someone at that age. Get arround them.

One last thing. 2 years of pot and your on Vicodin for your ankle yeah?
If your going to continue doing drugs do your research. I mean I didn't know what MDMA was when I was 17 but the net was only just getting going. RE MDMA I did a google search of 'MDMA Ecstasy' and the 4rth result was ecstacy effects what are the effects of ecstasy /MDMA'. In there the comedown effects are pretty clear.

Hope you heal and heal well

I really feel for you. I had a very similar experience back in my honeymoon days 2005-06 and I took what would have been close to a gram of MDMA over 2 days after rolling every week for a month before hand 4-5 pills. All Red Russians tested 140MG in lab.

I had the same anxiety and WORRY that I'd ruined my brain forever. Trawling The Internet looking for proof of such didn't help me at all.

You will recover if you don't use again or at least give it 12 months. I say this because it was your first time.

Ever since I went overboard that day 9 years ago I have never been the same. It has resulted in a life of daily benzos, anti depressants and MJ was never the same.

I was 22 then. 31 now. If you have an underlying case of depression and or anxiety I would recommend never touching MDMA again.

Your 17. I am really surprised that you had never heard of a come down. It's the yin and yang of MDMA.

I took a break from MDXx from 2006-2013.
I had not had MDMA until a week ago and again 2 days ago. 300mg last week. 500mg 3 days ago. I did get high as fuck and a bit of a comedown. This week probably a bit more. Point is forget about it and go about your week as best u can and the next week and on and on...

Wow 9 years and never been the same? I've read another post regarding a guy who had anxiety for 7 years but he abused ecstasy for i think 7 months if i can recall every weekend as well.. Like you he has anxiety that runs in the family. I think the effects will really depend on each individual and if mdma will trigger an underlying condition.. We never had anxiety or depression in our family so I am hoping that I don't fall in this category of having to deal with this for this long.. As for the op I hope you feel better in the coming months.. I would agree with getting a surgery on your ankle goodluck :) Like the OP I've never heard or known such bad comedowns until it happened to me hence me searching countless hours online and finding bluelight.

To OP,
Where r u from in the US? All these fairys ect... Bit Dickonsee lol

Boy/ Girl? Suspect boy.

Are u still smoking pot ?
At 17 you would have friends I imagine everywhere. There's always someone at that age. Get arround them.

One last thing. 2 years of pot and your on Vicodin for your ankle yeah?
If your going to continue doing drugs do your research. I mean I didn't know what MDMA was when I was 17 but the net was only just getting going. RE MDMA I did a google search of 'MDMA Ecstasy' and the 4rth result was ecstacy effects what are the effects of ecstasy /MDMA'. In there the comedown effects are pretty clear.

Hope you heal and heal well

No I'm not on Vicodin, and yeah I am getting around people when I go to the gym to shoot B-Ball and stuff. I must not of researched the right things because nobody ever told me of a bad come down, so I thought it was just like any other drug. I do my research for everything it was just this one time I slipped up and I guess it was a stupid time to. I'm not looking to take drugs long-term I just want to get through this clear headed, the MDMA come down is kind of gone away now. It's just the panic attacks and stuff now, and I can still feel a little different, but I'm able to control the panic attacks now. Just got to get everything else straight in my life now

The only thing I can't get over now is the insomnia and sleep patterns. I can't wake up or go to sleep how I usually do, or stay asleep. Does this wear off over time? I still am a little foggy headed but not to much.