• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Come Down - Will I recover?

Alaska457

Bluelighter
Hey, feeling pretty depressed and a bunch of anxiety right now, but I will try to make sense of what I'm going through.

Basically, I spent 1-2 hours researching MDMA before I took it. Through all the articles I read, there was absolutely zero people that talked about any come down or side effects from taking it. I decided I would take 100MG as a first dose, and I would take another one if I didn't feel anything.

Around 1:00AM, I took the first dose. Then a couple hours later I followed with another 100MG. Everything went smooth and I woke up feeling normal, and great.

Around afternoon or night time the next night I believe I took 1-2 more, I can't remember if they were at the same time or not. I rolled for about 3+ hours again and I came down feeling pretty good, no side effects the next day or anything. I didn't have a loss of appetite that I could notice. It was either with this roll, or the next one, I ended up taking 5 Vicodin 10/325 (I don't know if this effects anything) and I didn't feel much besides being a little more mellowed out than usual after a few hours.

The next dose I believe I took at around the same time frame the next day, for sure within 24hours. I was doing more research this whole time and I never came across any bad experiences or "come downs", I don't know why the fuck nobody would mention it anywhere, I looked up multiple sites and places with different articles. Anyway, I decided to take this dose 200MG, anally, to increase the effects and for a longer roll. I did this and I rolled for a good 2-3 hours again. All these rolls I wasn't active, I was just on the computer and listening to music, and I went outside about 2-3 times total.

^^ I know I took another 3 Vicodin on this roll, it was the rest I had. So 5 on the 2nd roll and 3 on the 3rd.

The last dose is when it really hit me. I plugged a dose again, 200MG. I rolled for about an hour, hour and a half tops. I remember having a bad time sleeping, like deep dreams but still being semi-conscious at the same time. I woke up and had this really bad feeling in my head (Still had no idea of the come down part) and I was just really confused and wanted to get rid of it. I took some Tylenol and a hot bath and later on did some push ups and sit ups, and then I came to find out about the "come down" part of the MDMA after specifically looking for it. I had already consumed the 800MG over the 4 days so I started panicking because that's a shit load for someone my size and age. I ended up telling my mom because I couldn't keep it to myself and a few hours later I went to the hospital because it wouldn't go away. The hospital didn't do anything, and it didn't even seem like they knew anything about mdma or ecstasy. They didn't give me any information on what to do or anything, they just took me to the ER, did blood tests, hooked up an IV, got a urine sample. Then, told me everything was out of my system and I could go home.

So basically, ever since I woke up I've been feeling anxiety, depression, and a bunch of different feelings. It's been around 3 days and the only noticeable decrease was from the 1st day I woke up. The first day I would cry out of nowhere and just felt like I was going to go through life doing nothing and just die. Second day I felt a little better but still the same symptoms but not as worse, 3rd day today I feel the same as the 2nd day. I've been taking Vitamins (Omega-3, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and some Oils are all I have) , drinking water, OJ, and eating healthy. I thought it was gone a couple times but I would go to sleep and wake up and it was there again, or it would come back. How long will this last?

I have some social anxiety issues and a type of depression, both I haven't had for long, around 2 years. I am 155LBS, 17, and I just naturally stay healthy most of the time. I'm getting scared how long this is going to last, it's been around 3 days so far since my last dose, and I took 800MG total over 4 days.

Any help and information is appreciated.

Summary for those who don't want to read the wall of text:

I took 800MG MDMA (Green Bulls) over 4 days, and I've been having a really bad come down. It's been 3 days. Is this normal?

Last edited:
You'll be fine, that's rather a lot of pills to eat in so short a time, however. Take a look see through Ecstacy discussion for more infos.

It's only been three days, you rolled for 4! Of course you still feel a bit off now... just give it some time and make sure not to be rolling for a good few months. You'll be back to your old self in no time.

I am now 30. When I was your age I used to take ecstasy a LOT. Here in Philadelphia, PA, we used to have E in pill form. Are you taking this in powder form? where are you getting it, online? Beware of online shit. But yes, mdma can cause a lot of issues, honey. More long term. It sucks the serotonin out of your brain. I suffer from depression, and when I was your age, when I was taking a lot of it, and then stopped I woudnt feel right for a long time, causing me to use more drugs. a lifelong problem. Good luck. Kate

Thanks for the replies. I can't get any comfort out of anything, I just have like an empty sad feeling in my head.

It's not really that but bad bad anxiety, like I'm having an anxiety attack 24/7. I don't know how long I can take this.

Edit:

Can someone please tell me how your head feels after you roll? Like, is there a noticeable kind of burning/emptiness feeling? That's what I'm getting that's freaking me out, it's mostly in the back of my head.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got the one time I abused MDMA over a multi-day period. Yes, it feels exactly like you describe. If you do MDMA again, re-dose only once, maybe two hours in, with the top-off dose being maybe 50mg, and then wait a good few months before doing it again.

Yeah, I got the one time I abused MDMA over a multi-day period. Yes, it feels exactly like you describe. If you do MDMA again, re-dose only once, maybe two hours in, with the top-off dose being maybe 50mg, and then wait a good few months before doing it again.

Thanks for the reply man. How many times did you re-dose? How long did the come down last? I'm feeling a bit better but I'm still scared that some of this is going to be permanent. It's going on about 4 days now.

I don't think you've done enough to cause any permanent damage. You've done quite a good amount over the last few days, so you probably need to take a break for a while. I have taken upwards of almost gram through a night with a bunch of coke and alcohol before, with no major issues. shitty feeling only lasted for a little bit (I COMPLETELY ADVISE AGAINST DOING THIS).

my long "comedown" was a result of rolling off half a gram over two straight nights while throwing some "acid" that wasn't acid into the mix, and a lot of it. this trip lasted several days, and the negative effects lasted several months. but by taking a break from everything for a while (with a few stints here and there early on before I realized what was causing the problem), they gradually subsided.

like you, I would have panic attacks that came out of nowhere, and the anxiety would come and go as it pleased. sometimes it would last 5 minutes and come back in 5 more, others it would last upwards of 8 to 10 straight hours. I would keep looking up "permanent brain damage from ecstasy" on google, as I was terrified I had done this. of course, there are some permanent consequences, such as the memory of the bad experiences, but there are also the memories of the good ones. as for the anxiety, I just had to wait it out and accept that it was a part of my life for a little while, and would go away with time and patience.

its been 6 months to this very day since I rolled at all, and about 9 months to this day when I had the bad "acid" candyflip experience. I am not QUITE there yet, but im about 85-90 percent of the way there. I have no intentions of doing any hard drugs again in my lifetime, as the possibility of it leading to another journey through this emotional rollercoaster far outweighs the benefits of a few hours of enjoyment. take at least 6 months off of rolling, as this is what seems to be the estimated recovery period for serotonin (correct me if im wrong on this one). you will get better. just wait and try to be active, eat right, and most of all, don't sit there worrying about it being permanent. it isn't, and you are just creating an endless loop of anxiety for yourself by thinking this way.

EDIT: The anxiety was barely noticeable 3 months after my last roll.

Well first of all it sounds like this was your first time using. You definitely shouldn't have went that hard or done consecutive days like that, especially since it sounds like this was your first time. Anyway no more chastising you for it, what's done is done. I've had plenty of friends that went too hard and had the same symptoms and freaked out, I took a few to the hospital upon request too. Pretty much they all went back to normal eventually, should take about a week and a half at the most but will probably be 3-5 days. A few beers surprisingly helps for some reason. A few of my friends felt instantly better after having a couple beers.

I got the same stuff due to multiple 3MMC binge. Debilitating symptom (anxiety, DP/DR) vanished after 1/1,5 week, then other (weak feeling, light aphaty) disappeared after in the third week. Now Im okay, I hope it will be the same for u !

Right now I'm playing text twist and connect 4 online to try to keep my mind occupied. The feeling is pretty recognizable, and it almost feels how it did the first night. It might be the sleep deprivation, because I'm unable to go to sleep because of the anxiety. I've been up for 2 days with about 5 hours of sleep. Any tips on that.

I can definitely say I learned my lesson. This is just really scary because I can't even fall asleep due to the anxiety or whatever it is.

^^ its difficult to say at this point if you have triggered some kind of long term anxiety or you are just going through a harsh comedown.

Re the sleep you could try some light use of benzos but be careful with those things as long term or highish dose they can make things worse.

You could try melatonin suppliment. I also advise a vigerous exercise schedule during the day to make you tired.

I have insomnia myself caused by anxiety triggered by drugs so know what your going through.

Be patient for now before jumping to any conclusions about long term comedown etc.

I had the same thing when first did mdma, i did 900mg in 2 nights. Didnt feel shit the second night except being wired as fuck and at the end of the second night i felt massive anxiety like i was going to have a an attack but i kept calm and breathed slow. Had an awful come down and my mood would flip like i was bi polar or some shit and a bit of anxiety for the next week. But don't worry you will go back to normal you have just used up all your serotonin

Get some 5-HTP that stuff really does work when you have a real bad comedown, drink loads of orange juice and take vitamins. Smoke some weed too good to get the dopamine flowing a little

After a few days, the main effects are gone. The really bad head spinning and anxiety are pretty much gone, which I'm really glad of. I stayed up for around 1-2 days because I couldn't fall asleep, from the anxiety and head pressure. I woke up just now and have some mild anxiety and I'm kind of having trouble breathing, like chest tightness and shortness of breath, like something tightened around my airway. I had this before but the other effects overpowered it, but now it's just these two things. Does anyone know what it might be?

probably anxiety is causing it. I had the same exact issue and I thought that heart conditions resulted from my usage because of all the sudden shitty experiences and comedowns. felt chest pains, had difficulty breathing, and it would freak me out a bit. I was convinced I was having a heart attack but the EKG came back fine. if it bothers you that much go see a doctor and just have them check for you. sometimes that reassurance can help make it easier to ignore. otherwise, I would have to say its probably a result of anxiety.

Alright. The anxiety and hopelessness came back, and I feel really bad. Before I took the pills I didn't have much friends because I've been isolating a lot, and right now I just feel like I want to go back to having friends and having fun again but I just can't. Is this still my serotonin being low? It's a really bad feeling. I told my mom everything that I've been feeling and how I just want to go back to normal. I still feel the same as I did before taking it, but now I just feel scared and worried about getting out there and meeting new friends and people, as before I didn't want to, but now I do.

How long does the sad/anxiety feeling last? It's probably been about 4 days so far since my last dose of mdma.

yea your serotonin is probably pretty low right now.

as for the anxiety/depression, it can last anywhere from a few days to years. hard to say as everyone is different. for me, the anxiety/depression lasted for about 3 months. it was really bad until the third month, and then from month 3-4 it all of a sudden just started going away pretty quickly. being that I abused it for about a year and a half before I stopped, have done some crazy doses multiple times, and occasionally fucked around with pills that were untested over this time (there were definitely unclean ones in there), I would guess that you will recover quicker than I did.

I'm lucky enough to of not abused it, this was the only time I've used it ( I would actually say I abused because I did 800MG (80% mdma) over 4 days, and 8 Vicodin). It was basically a one time thing, because I'm never doing it again. This is just really depressing and sad. How much did you take over the time you were using it? What was your highest dose? I'm surprised that so many people take it with the side-effects, I definitely learned my lesson. It's made me think kind of clear but at the same time I'm depressed and anxious about pretty much everything about my life.

Last edited:
hey man, i dont know much on a technical level but i may be able to help on a more personal level, the first time i rolled i also suffered from mild depression and anxiety. the day after i came home sat outside my porch staring at the sky for a good 4 hours feeling depressed and occassionally crying. From my experience, its best to use and come down with somebody by your side. For me, the more i used it the less it occured, and also with different types of pills gives me different come downs. Also your serotonin levels need to replenish, its the chemical in your body that makes you happy, try to get out, stay in the sun, see some mates stay hydrated and keep yourself occupied itll pass!