• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine A combination of coke and tramadol killed Ol' Dirty Bastard, yet many take this combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerdOnDrugs

Bluelighter
Whenever the words cocaine and tramadol get anywhere near each other in any thread, OLD is brought up. And the convo is done.

"Yo that killed odb stay away..."
"Didn't that kill ODB?!?!?!..."
"Don't even think about it, it killed Ol' Dirty Bastard..."

Now I know that there are those of you who combine these two substances; used together they do increase serotonin levels (as well as norepinephrine) but that doesn't automatically make them more risky than just taking cocaine alone necessarily, when you take cocaine dosage into account. And some of you probably feel nervous (we want that blood pressure down!) about your combo of choice.

So in the name of Harm Reduction, I'm going to list off reasons why Ol' Dirty Bastard isn't the best case-study to base your opinions off, then maybe we can get feedback from current combo users and trolls:

- ODB could have railed coke all night, and taken a tramadol much earlier (they have long half life). Thus minimizing the drug interaction effects. The toxicology report only said that both drugs were found in his system, no word on what amounts of each (be great if I could find those).

- ODB had a long history with coke and crack use, RZA once said he once forced his child watch him do drugs. The more you abuse coke in ridiculous when your health is already shitty, the closer to a heart attack. A doubled plastic bag containing cocaine was also discovered in his stomach.

- Since ODB, there hasn't been any high profile deaths from mixing tramadol and cocaine. (correct if wrong)

- Using moderate does, like a mere 50mg of tramadol and a few lines, might be perfectly safe. Many of us have done it.

- Increasing serotonin levels with drug combos is especially unsafe in high "ODB style" doses, but perhaps not in drug nerd style doses.

- Benzos are other drugs that specific anti-seizure meds may fight off risk of this combo.

Since tramadol + cocaine is a taboo subject on BL, mostly thanks to ODB (rip), people who combine, or use in near proximity to each other, tramadol and cocaine whether in small doses or big, please share your habit details with the rest of us. Ever suffer a seizure? No problems at all? What doses of each do you use?

I sometimes use them in close proximity. I'm a rare cocaine user. Railed a few lines while just have taken only 100mg of tram, no ill effects, great buzz and synergy. Yeah I know I took small-to-moderate risks, drunk party night, whatever.

Why did ODB have tramadol in his system? I knew he died with coke in his system or a coke overdose but never knew the tramadol part. Did he just get out of jail or something? Surely he'd be able to get dope, hes ODB, or was it more of a hey lets take this why not type of thing not knowing about it

This should have been posted in 'drugs in the media'.

I've mixed 80 mg vyvanse, beer, and 250mg tramadol during benzo w\d and still didn't get a seizure so there you go of course it's possible to survive this. Is is worth it? I say no the high was really good but just plain blow will do the trick. You trying to stretch your stash out or what?

Last edited:
what is the point in taking the risk?

doesnt tramadol lower the seizure risk threshold?

also I can see coke increasing the chance of seizure as well so its like doubling the risk of something really shitty that could happen

are you trying to protect the status of tramadol and coke as a combo? they are both pretty lame drugs to me anyway

I have taken tramadol and dextroamphetamine together in the same day. That will definitely lower the seizure threshold and increase norepinephrine levels as well. However i had also taken alot of clonazepam that day and i take lamotrigine for bipolar disorder and gabapentin for neuropathic pain. That's 3 different anti-seizure meds so there wasnt much chance of me having a seizure there. I also took the tramadol early in the morning but took the Dexedrine in the evening.

I have also taken tramadol and Demerol together which may be just as dangerous of a combo. Both lower the seizure threshold and both can cause serotonin syndrome. Demerol isnt a serotonin reuptake inhibitor like tramadol is but it has been linked to some cases of serotonin syndrome. Nothing happened to me there either but i was on the same medications as i was with the Dexedrine.

I just wanted to ask if taking Tramadol and smoking crack is any worse than doing another opiate and smoking?

Today I did about 200mg of tram in the morning, then my regular opiates a little later on, and was smoking for a majority of the day on top of it.
I'm an opiate addict and typically stick to heroin or dilaudid and never have a problem smoking crack with them.
This morning I didn't have either so took the trams to take the edge off until I was able to get dilaudids.
I didn't have a seizure, nothing odd happened. I have taken tramadol in the past up to about 450mg without any issues and there is no history of seizures in my family. I ask this because I once again find myself without a morning opiate fix, so I'll probably just take a few tramadol until I can get my regulars, and am wondering if I should avoid smoking tomorrow then? Or at least maybe not as heavily?

I just wanted to ask if taking Tramadol and smoking crack is any worse than doing another opiate and smoking?

Today I did about 200mg of tram in the morning, then my regular opiates a little later on, and was smoking for a majority of the day on top of it.
I'm an opiate addict and typically stick to heroin or dilaudid and never have a problem smoking crack with them.
This morning I didn't have either so took the trams to take the edge off until I was able to get dilaudids.
I didn't have a seizure, nothing odd happened. I have taken tramadol in the past up to about 450mg without any issues and there is no history of seizures in my family. I ask this because I once again find myself without a morning opiate fix, so I'll probably just take a few tramadol until I can get my regulars, and am wondering if I should avoid smoking tomorrow then? Or at least maybe not as heavily?
Yea it's worse than taking another opioid since tramadol raises levels of norepipenepherine and lowers the seizure threshold which other opioids don't do. Actually other opioids may lower the seizure threshold slightly from k-opioid receptor activation but not as much as tramadol. It's better to be safe than sorry.

EDIT ^ Beat me to it

Unlike most other opioids, Tramadol is a serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, as is cocaine.
Increasing the likelihood of elevated pulse & blood pressure.

i did this on accident once. i don't remember the doses but i remember not liking how i felt. it just wasn't a pleasant high imo.

Actually I believe ODB was murdered. Research it and listen to his most recent interviews before dying.

sad that he passed.

Does anybody remember when he brought MTV to get welfare. Pretty satirical guy. RIP

Actually I believe ODB was murdered. Research it and listen to his most recent interviews before dying.

Ok bud I will research and listen to his interviews but I don't feel like dying anytime soon so I guess I can put it off for a while.

50mg of tramadol and cocaine-- what will that do? no tolerance to tramadol here

Can someone briefly explain what the dangerous interaction is?

Obviously I know that Tramadol can lead to Serotonin Syndrome when used in high doses or mixed with other seretonergic agents, but why is Tramadol and Cocaine highly dangerous?

Tramadol obviously bangs on Serotonin and Norepinephrine, and Cocaine bangs on Dopamine - but why/how would this cause death? I assume it would be through a seizure? If so, what's the workings behind this? How is a seizure caused in this instance?

the science still seems to be out.. I doubt if you use the two in moderation like waiting a few hours after your last line and then taking tramadol a littl while longer should be ok.. all about moderation.

Bro your talking about Ol Dirty Bastard, the guy lived to get fucked up, I dont know much about the combination myself but I will say on the part of ODB that that is probably a seriously under-exaggerated theory of death picked up by the media, research the guy, he's quite a character.

This morning, swim took 6- 50mg tramadol, followed by 2 medium sized lines of Coke. After about 20 minutes, swim felt absolutely great. He went outside to have a cig, and was about halfway done when he began feeling nauseated. He begin dry heaving and puking some stomach vile up, nothing much other than just painful dry gags. After that, swim waited until he felt better, did more Coke, went on feeling great.

Status
Not open for further replies.