• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

WORK SUCKS: Talk About Your Job

This telephone work is fucking killing me. Its easy enough to land a telemarketing job. Someones gotta put that shit up in the air!

My new job, 99% of the time i'm in the air. Walking across a tightrope . Pulling a rope through trees with the fiber optic line taped to one end, so after i run the line i lash it up,make it look snug.pretty the pole up.
Sucks because i'm in folks backyard, and i've ran into some bigass dogs here in houston tx!

Job is hard work, not everyone is cut out to do the type work i do.
I make .20cents a foot?

Hydro, that's cool that you already have everything planned out. Congrats on the new job title!

D's, I figured you were making big bucks! You should be, at least. Bummer. :\

yesterday i met the person who's likely going to be hired as my new boss. she's not as cute as my current boss. no, but seriously. i hate the bitch.

Bout lost my job the other day for 'going over the head of my supervisor' to try and contact the guy 'that signs my checks', needed an advance to pay my phone bill, how the fuck can i get threatened like that? Is there something going on?man i hope i'm not getting screwed.

that sucks, D's.

we had our big event tonight. we had a bunch of speakers, and i put out two tweets during the mayor's. from our organization's account. the mayor announced something his pr team said wasn't happening until friday. so i figure fair game. it's big news, but government funding so probably not to the one news outlet that was there to get 6oclock footage. then the political consultant sends me an email saying better delete it and my boss tells me the same. so i fucking deleted the other mayor tweet and went on with life. for five ours, until now. wanna be a slick pr professional, managing social media accounts like a drunk child star. worst part is i ended up with no mayor tweets.

^this was of no consequence!

my new boss is not discerning. she just gave me edits to my copy for the annual report, and she's wrong. she won't fight me on it, but i hate having to tell her that her suggestions are no good. i have to all the time. i never told my previous supervisor that. because her suggestions were good.

I know all too well what it's like working with an idiot for a boss.

i have been so busy here lately with work that i havn't had much time to bluelight, i've been doing well, still working, making $! will be along soon, take care.

I've been working a lot lately. I don't remember much of this weekend except that I worked Friday morning, Friday night, Saturday morning, then Saturday night. I finally got some sleep Sunday morning before going back to work Sunday night. I do remember struggling to keep my eyes open Saturday night.

Work does suck Tude, i lose time too, like i lost all yesterday because i slept all day , felt good. Just to sleep all fucking day! You should look into planning a day where u dont leave the fucking bed. I felt like Goku/Vegeta in those underwater pod type healers.
I still felt rough waking up today , felt a lot better once the day went on, wont see another one of those days for another week. :(
O well atleast got paid today,thats always a good thing . Right Tude? Shit feels good getting that check. Balla!
Now i get to smoke shatter and go work for all day tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy work week. ~<3

Payday makes the other six days of the week worth it lol. I do miss the money I used to make but nothing lasts forever. Just like the struggle also doesn't last forever. It's hard not to be myopic sometimes but there's many people worse off than me so I shouldn't complain. The trick is to pretend there's not also many people who are filthy rich lol.

Check it out. Women can be Line ladies. :)
AEA9B642-B3A5-4856-9620-7966B6912E5F_zpspviyhtq7.jpg

What's that silver thing? Kind of looks like a futuristic propane tank.

What's that silver thing? Kind of looks like a futuristic propane tank.

Its called a 'J Lasher, what it does is make the fiber lines look 'flush' by spinning lashing wire (real thin aluminum twine) clock-wise.
You attach a rope to the things on the front of it, throw the rope through trees,fences,power lines,cars, sometimes someone has to go stand infront of cars incase the 'headache ball/other end of the rope goez through the car windshield. Like being a secret servicr agent taking one for the president lol. Sometimes you gotta pull that shit off roofs of houses&buildings,even sides of fucking cliffs.
Sometimes I have to carry a jack hammer with md and drill holes in the side of mountains, talk about toteing damn near 300lbs(includes bir&hardware). Shit gets real.
I wouldnt trade my job for anything in the world. The next shit my work is doing is sending me to a fiber splicing school in California. Then i'd be making more money to know what to do with.

Its called a 'J Lasher, what it does is make the fiber lines look 'flush' by spinning lashing wire (real thin aluminum twine) clock-wise.
You attach a rope to the things on the front of it, throw the rope through trees,fences,power lines,cars, sometimes someone has to go stand infront of cars incase the 'headache ball/other end of the rope goez through the car windshield. Like being a secret servicr agent taking one for the president lol. Sometimes you gotta pull that shit off roofs of houses&buildings,even sides of fucking cliffs.
Sometimes I have to carry a jack hammer with md and drill holes in the side of mountains, talk about toteing damn near 300lbs(includes bir&hardware). Shit gets real.
I wouldnt trade my job for anything in the world. The next shit my work is doing is sending me to a fiber splicing school in California. Then i'd be making more money to know what to do with.
I went through an inside wireman(general electrician) apprenticeship and remember the teacher saying that fiber splicers have potential to make in the millions. Idk if he was exaggerating, but I have heard from more than one source fiber splices make dough and their job isn't highly physically demanding. Heard a lot of them drive around in vans with AC and have to do all the splice work in the back of the van to protect the splice... doesn't sound too bad to me! Way better than pulling and terminating 750's in the sun in middle of a solar field for much less than millions..

How many ft of line do you average a day? I need to stay in the electrical field until I get my journeyman card but thats only a year or so away and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about staying in the trade. Some days can be very demanding, others somewhat dangerous. The pay is decent, few buddies who are licensed earn $30+/hr and sometimes near double if it is prevailing wage but always like to keep my eyes open.

I've been getting paid good money to work on a contract, but I'm getting sick of the long hours i am expected to work. There is SO much shit to do in my job. Quality assurance, safety, procurement, inductions, filing, taking confidentiality agreements, printing induction cards, taking samples.... it gets painful.

Man i thought i was making good money ,have been getting royaly fucked.can anyone help me with how do i file a complaint? Talking to my boss is out of the fucking question.

you have to figure out what the laws regarding your situation are, what the violations are specifically and what agency would deal with those(i.e. OSHA for safety or Unions/Labor Department for pay violations. If it bad enough talk to your own lawuer.