European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings-CXXVII- Follow The Leader..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibuprofen is a cunt of a drug even in normal doses. Oh, the stomach pains.

Is that a personal thing Snolly or widely accepted? I only ask because when I was in a car crash and suffered a bad back from it I was popping them like sweets and never had a problem with them. (Not recommended of course) They actually helped with the pain as well. Paracetamol on the other hand makes me really sick however even in normal doses. I'm guessing it's a personal thing. Yeah don't bother answering that, I would like to know this though please:

How are you today? :D

I'm guessing it's a personal thing.

No, ibuprofen is widely acknowledged as potentially being a complete bastard on the stomach. Patient information leaflets usually take pains to stress the possibility of internal bleeding etc.

You may have been fine, but popping ibuprofen like smarties is not generally recommended.

No of course it isn't. Thanks for that I never knew that. It was the only thing that worked at the time.

All's well that ends well, I guess.

Carelessness with ibuprofen can lead to bloody stools. It's only because of my passion for bloody stools that I was aware, to be honest.

Can it really? Blimey. Worth repeating then that it's not a good idea to overdo ibuprofen. Glad I never got to those levels or happened to be very lucky now.

Scary to think how many people pop tons of ibuprofen and paracetamol without thinking about it

Without further belittling the undoubtedly problematic nature of ibuprofen, it is weird how some of these side-effects are still down to personal biology. As I get more of an old git my stomach has decided to be less tolerant of some things. For example I'm allergic to penicillin so have always had erythromycin as an alternative. Always. Up until now, and now it makes me feel like I'd rather die than suffer what it does to my stomach. And my stomach has never been the best (too many drugs, too little food). But then I recently tried Tramadol, heard lots of stories of people suffering from Tramadol pains, and I never got any. In fact I never got anything from Tramadol at all. Shit drug.

I wouldn't dare put codeine from a CWE in a shared freezer, do your housemates know it's codeine water? sucks that you lost half of it though.

Yeah, they all know, I tell em when I put it in and it goes in my freezer drawer in my pestle and mortar thingy. Is only ever in there for fifteen minutes at the most and if guests are round I hang out in the kitchen til it's done because to be quite honest I don't trust any fucker that this lot bring back. Pretty much no potential for fuckage as mine is the bottom drawer but obviously I didn't intend on the cunt rearranging everything and being cack handed and then outright denying he did it.

Not ideal but them's the breaks.

Yeah like Myshkin there said ibuprofen is well renowned for giving you a shitty tummy, as are most NSAIDs, I think? I was on tranexamic acid for a while and oh my god I have never felt stomach pain like that before or since. Anyways I'm good ta Ben, chilling out while everyone's out at uni, how's your good self? :D

edit: ironically the tranexamic acid was for period pains. Apparently shouldn't have even been prescribed it because I have asthma but then my doctor was never one for stuff like being a doctor.

Last edited:
Naproxen was very bad for me, as far as NSAIDs go that one is terrible, awful stomach pain that lasted days. It does work better as a painkiller though but not worth the side effects.

I'm surprised the telegraph pole wasn't enough to kill him.

Yeah Snolly I'm great thanks. Well apart from a solicitors letter.:( But never mind that.

I'm superb, cheers.:D Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Also SHM, my Brother is allergic to penicillin so I'm well aware of how sick it makes someone who is. Not nice at all.

yeah that pole would have hurt.

I've just reset my computer and bedroom set up so my computer is in work position so I can get going on doing some of this screenplay work, rather than having the computer off the desk all day long and just procrastinating on bl and the rest of the interwebs. 2 hours writing time starts now.

yeah that pole would have hurt.

I've just reset my computer and bedroom set up so my computer is in work position so I can get going on doing some of this screenplay work, rather than having the computer off the desk all day long and just procrastinating on bl and the rest of the interwebs. 2 hours writing time starts now.

I have a productive set up, where my computer is at the desk and I can sit properly in front of it, and then a slacking off set up, where I keep my laptop in an odd position and have trouble typing. The first is for sending CVs or doing work, the second one for browsing cat photos.

I'm surprised the telegraph pole wasn't enough to kill him.

Yeah Snolly I'm great thanks. Well apart from a solicitors letter.:( But never mind that.

I'm superb, cheers.:D Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Also SHM, my Brother is allergic to penicillin so I'm well aware of how sick it makes someone who is. Not nice at all.

Ooh, they're buggers they are :( Aye can't beat a bit of peace and quiet, til ya get bored anyhow. No danger of that at the moment though :D

How you finding writing a screenplay Mugz? I always kinda enjoyed it once I got into it

Naproxen was very bad for me, as far as NSAIDs go that one is terrible, awful stomach pain that lasted days. It does work better as a painkiller though but not worth the side effects.

I was scripted that about 20-odd years ago and was crippled with stomach pain. Was far too much pain to make it worth continuing taking so fukked 'em off. Fast forward til a coupla months back and me doc scripts me them again despite my protests of being horrid. So I tried 'em just to see and lummee a lawky they did dun work with no pain this time. Very odd. As SHM points out - body chemistry is a funny thing and can change with time. Still don't rate NSAIDs much though. They've never been very effective for me.

Pagey: Glad to hear you're out and about again. Ibuprofen OD is really not what's needed when in w/d. Bet your stomach was not a happy bunny 8o

Speaking of which, how's the w/d thing going? Did you get owt for your neck injury whilst in hospital and/or a takeout?

I was scripted that about 20-odd years ago and was crippled with stomach pain. Was far too much pain to make it worth continuing taking so fukked 'em off. Fast forward til a coupla months back and me doc scripts me them again despite my protests of being horrid. So I tried 'em just to see and lummee a lawky they did dun work with no pain this time. Very odd. As SHM points out - body chemistry is a funny thing and can change with time. Still don't rate NSAIDs much though. They've never been very effective for me.

Pagey: Glad to hear you're out and about again. Ibuprofen OD is really not what's needed when in w/d. Bet your stomach was not a happy bunny 8o

Speaking of which, how's the w/d thing going? Did you get owt for your neck injury whilst in hospital and/or a takeout?

Tis bizarre, I can take some of em without a problem, Mefenamic Acid was one that was light on my stomach, but that provoked asthma attacks. Can't win.

Playing Pokemon Black 2 at the moment and just answered one of the survey questions, 'how long have you been playing Pokemon?' with '10-15 years'. I suspect I'm on some sort of register now. Damn good game though.

Hard day at the office.

Found this guy...

t5HL1nU.jpg

So I put him to good use...

mLVYxEn.jpg

%)

How you finding writing a screenplay Mugz? I always kinda enjoyed it once I got into it

It's hard work, but it is enjoyable once I get into a bit of a swing, I had to do a bit of research for this part though that I just wrote as it was the dialogue for a 999 call and wanted to get the operators side correct, this site was quite helpful with that.

I definitely need to read more screenplays though, I just spent 2 hours of almost uninterrupted writing and thinking and got about 10 pages down, which in screenplay terms is 10 minutes of screen time, so not too bad I guess. It's gonna be a long way to get it finished, the first draft even, and then drafting it at least 3 more times after that to perfect it.

Have you written screenplays before? any chance you fancy sharing some of your work. I'll give you a glimpse of mine when I finish the first draft, I don't want to give too much away before the first draft is finished as it will change so much between then and the finished product.

I definitely need to read a lot more screenplays of films in a similar genre to the one I'm writing, and some just by great writers so I can get some more influence other than trying to do it without looking at other work, I don't want to steal their work, but just be inspired by it maybe, kind of like how bands say who their inspirations are and stuff.

Are you writing a screenplay about 'mugz'/that desoxy mindfuck you posted a tr about?

Status
Not open for further replies.