View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Hit #12 - Oh look, it's MXE o'clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Do report on dosages/effects achieved/activities/subjective enjoyability. I also stand behind the 10-15min for sublingual.

Sorry to hear that. You consider yourself an addict, then?

What was so interesting about it in the first place?

Yes, I have had problems with dissociative addiction. MXE was really compulsive for me, but I only had a small sample so I was just a bit frazzled by the end of the week. But that's a topic for another thread.

As for the second question, there was thread where we talked about the appeal of dissociatives, but I can't find it.

Last edited:
I noticed a slight sense of being more emotionally open for a few hours - very subtle indeed.

It's too bad this stuff makes me a more pleasant person on that dose, via that ROA. Unfortunately, people are going to probably have to engage with with my true self, which is reserved & occasionally surly or dark, occasionally fun, instead of this nice, but deceiving, chem. And not just MXE really, the same goes for the rest.

The easy, sub-lingual ROA bothered me. It is too easy to do (i.e. it is not like having to wait for an empty stomach). I can see how it could lead to a habit. (So glad I loathe insufflation & needles.)

As this MXE experiment ended, I prepared the AM2201 I had. Took a tiny, tiny smoke & was stoned within minutes. It was just like weed, only extremely economical. And again, far too easy.

After some introspection & then discussion with a friend, I'm going to go ahead and diarizing my use.... though I'm not anticipating daily or even weekly use, but rather that these things are saved for special occasions. As an ex-cannabis addict, I can see the danger for me personally with easy, quick, cheap, pleasing substances, so I'm proceeding with caution.

If I can't save these exciting, often fun & pleasurable things RCs I have for special occasions, I will simply have to be abstinent, which would suck.

All that said, the AM2201 is gone down the toilet - that I know I cannot handle.

cheers

Last edited:
Again I can't understand at all how this chemical is so popular! Must be how easily available and cheap it is? I LOVE dissociatives but recently flushed the rest of this stuff I had after doing a large dose. The "M hole" to me is just an autistic double vision stupor with no contribution to my sensory or emotional experience besides the feeling that existence is utterly unexplainable. Large doses of ketamine show me beautiful new realities, this stuff just shows me a retarded version of this reality.

I'll have to try sublingual again. I have NEVER been able to get anything significant from it, even though all the other ROAs work just fine. Also, other substances work fine sublingually. Weird.

"NEVER been able to get anything significant from it"

what's you top sublingual dose?

What about Arylcyclohexylamines is responsible for giving people ringing ears? I mean, it's not just a thing with this new RCs, people are getting it from Ketamine also, and i don't think PCP will be an exception!

I don't have this very often. It's more pronounced after having dosed up on MXE/3-MeO-PCP or 3-MeO-PCE and decreases in frequency from then on. Strange thing is, that, and this is new to me, sometimes it feels like the exact difference is happening, see it as in that the ringing ear produces a loud frequency while this other "tone" produces silence, like a very short break in your capability to hear, i.e. a temporary mute!

Scares the shit outta me tbh, seems like i need to get a very long break from this stuff...and don't think i was bashing it especially hard in the past weeks.

What about Arylcyclohexylamines is responsible for giving people ringing ears? I mean, it's not just a thing with this new RCs, people are getting it from Ketamine also, and i don't think PCP will be an exception!

I don't have this very often. It's more pronounced after having dosed up on MXE/3-MeO-PCP or 3-MeO-PCE and decreases in frequency from then on. Strange thing is, that, and this is new to me, sometimes it feels like the exact difference is happening, see it as in that the ringing ear produces a loud frequency while this other "tone" produces silence, like a very short break in your capability to hear, i.e. a temporary mute!

Scares the shit outta me tbh, seems like i need to get a very long break from this stuff...and don't think i was bashing it especially hard in the past weeks.

I do know that THC can cause ringing in the ears, gum problems, etc. because of an increased type of prostaglandin leading to inflammation in the brain and other parts of the body. Perhaps it is the same with this class of drugs?

It is interesting how your tone is vastly different in regards to mxe, now that you have personally experienced a real physical side effect.

Again I can't understand at all how this chemical is so popular! Must be how easily available and cheap it is? I LOVE dissociatives but recently flushed the rest of this stuff I had after doing a large dose. The "M hole" to me is just an autistic double vision stupor with no contribution to my sensory or emotional experience besides the feeling that existence is utterly unexplainable. Large doses of ketamine show me beautiful new realities, this stuff just shows me a retarded version of this reality.
Different strokes for different blokes I guess. I was disappointed by K, but MXE can give me lucid and easily remembered holes, K hasn't done that for me (maybe I just have not had the right K at the right dose at the right time).

maybe some sort of glutamic excess as a result of the NMDA antagonism effect leading to excitation somewhere along the auditory pathway? (maybe I don't understand the NMDAR so well...)

possibly a result of direct damage to the cochlea? ... a substance that damages the kidneys might damage the cochleae as well (although i'm not so clear on the mechanism of the kidney damage. and perhaps my thinking about renal and cochlear membranes being related is only suited to embryology).

possibly some sort of limbic disruption secondary to SERT effects? I know that for some people going on (or off) SSRIs can trigger or exacerbate tinnitus... of course there is also some evidence that SSRIs are effective in managing tinnitus symptoms 8(

I do know that THC can cause ringing in the ears...because of an increased type of prostaglandin leading to inflammation in the brain and other parts of the body...
maybe you could link me up with some reading on this? I have never read anything about prostaglandin being a cause of tinnitus. a quick google search turns up discussion of misoprostol being used as a treatment for tinnitus.
i would expect THC causing tinnitus is more related to its anxiogenic effects but that is based purely on personal experience

I've had spasms and near-seizures from it and know I'm not alone. Wonder what is causing this? Mind you, I seized on ethylicaine too (proper unconscious).

How long does this last? I think I experience something rather similar, and it lasts maybe 20-30 seconds until my hearing equals out again. But I have experienced this for years (long before any drug use).

on what doses ?

Like 3-30mg

At really low doses it's just like a little relaxer. Then it gets more like coke as you take more (snorting) my whole face was numb at one point and I felt awesome.

Like 3-30mg

At really low doses it's just like a little relaxer. Then it gets more like coke as you take more (snorting) my whole face was numb at one point and I felt awesome.

maybe try another roa to see if it affects you properly then. snorting tends to be more stimulating for many users - although not coke stimulating.
also for me it dosen't have dissociative effects until 50mg so you could also gently up the dose from 30

I do know that THC can cause ringing in the ears, gum problems, etc. because of an increased type of prostaglandin leading to inflammation in the brain and other parts of the body. Perhaps it is the same with this class of drugs?

It is interesting how your tone is vastly different in regards to mxe, now that you have personally experienced a real physical side effect.

THC can cause this? So i think then i must've noticed it in the countless past years of (ab)use, but i didn't. My tone isn't vastly different? You think so?

So, i'm skeptical about each and any thing i'm ingesting, tbh i'm a damn pussy when it comes to that. There must be dozens of posts from me being worried about some of these RCs. May it be MPA, O-desmethyltramadol, may it...

And god knows this isn't the only side-effect i experienced with MXE.

Some of you may have heard of me saying that after my first few trials with this substance, i literally lost bodyparts in the process, i.e. it seems like i more or less lost mental connection to parts of myself, my body, especially when in stressful conditions. You know the feeling of dissociation to your body, when you're high on an arylcyclohexylamine? Well, i think i had this for more than half a year. Not all the time, but WAY too often/much.

I don't have much explanation about what happened, but i think it was part of the way i had to go. And it strangely remembers me of this Interview, just the other way around, since i had no phantom limbs to deal with.

Long story short, i think i wasn't prepared of what was happening to me when taking MXE. I was informed, i had many trials before diving deeper, but it still managed to fuck me, and it did that properly! I've written a trip report some time ago, and after this experience, most of the symptoms i experienced almost constantly disappeared. But not only that. From then on everything has changed. Of course myself, my depression, my fears and last but not least the effects of drugs. All kind of drugs but especially these.

It's as if i've brought something back from the depths of my very first and only hole. I mean i had many "holes", i just had one with K to date, but this experience on approx. 150mgs of Methoxetamine is a golden moment in my personal history. It was way more than loosing connection to my mind, my body, it was transcendental. I was reborn!

I've overcome a burden, something that was lingering very deep inside of me, punishing my mind, my soul, day after day after day... I've also written about that so i don't want to go into detail again.

People can call me delusional if i may sound so, but the potential of these substances is beyond imagination. They are dangerous, they're not fun.

They're medicine.

How long does this last? I think I experience something rather similar, and it lasts maybe 20-30 seconds until my hearing equals out again. But I have experienced this for years (long before any drug use).

It lasts 3 secs tops. I've forgot to mention that the last time i had this, i've taken 1mg of Etizolam before going to bed and after that it completely ceased happening.

Perhaps it's just a coincidence and it hasn't really anything to do with these substances. Wouldn't be the first time ;)

Last edited:
P.S. I've recently counted how many grams I've gone through since March of 2012. I have done now, at least 50 grams in the span of my use. Kind of funny considering the last thread title is "50 grams and a kidney later". Very surprised to report no such kidney pains, no bladder issues, no real problems aside from the occasional mental psychotic episode and mental issues that seem to be more prominent during excessive usage. I've come to the conclusion this is due to it's action on Dopamine; it is clearly a drug which releases large amounts of dopamine and once usage is discontinued forces the brain to compensate and start producing dopamine on it's own again, an action it is clearly not use to after excessive usage.

I'm interested in what you say here. I have no information about my health other than what I can observe "as myself," but I consider myself a very, very lucky individual. My intake over a period of about Q2 2011 - Jan/Feb 2012 is beyond what I can calculate (but, embarrassingly, a lot more than 50g) and it was what we might refer to as "the troubles." Or rather "The Troubles Part 2: This Time It's Methoxetamine." A year on and I *seem* to be physically in decent condition. Ketamine definitely did a fuck-tonne more damage, but again to my infinite gratitude, that seems to have been at least mostly temporary. The things I notice now are a short attention span, a poor short term memory, some difficulty with verbal recall (this is also unpredictable, and seems to correlate mostly with feelings of anxiety/confidence). How far these 'symptoms' are connected to the Arylcyclo abuse, I can't say, and the emotional problems (a feeling of distance from reality, lack of response to emotional stimuli, intermittent anxiety) I'm lumbered with now could either be semi-permanent aftermath effects of abuse, or just a return to my pre-drug-use self, which also exhibited many of these characteristics. I can't believe that years of heavy disso abuse hasn't at least left me with some psychiatric or emotional impairment, whether temporary or not. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has reports of these kind of residual issues.

I can't believe people are actually have done 50 grams of MXE..that's 50 grams of (depending on quality) pure MXE molecules..IN your body. I would be very unsafe if I had ingested so much (even if its over months, years..). But then again, these are people who HAVE drug problems and a drug abuse (as the guy above me), but people, why would you do so much MXE..I mean I did 1 gram in roughly a month and I don't feel like doing it for a prolonged time..I guess people are different but 50 grams of MXE..You don't know if you'll end up with a hemorrhage or some serious damage. I would use this chem sparingly..Because it's a very good chem, even after a day of dosing, you still fall asleep..Wish I knew the profile of this drug.

I can't believe people are actually have done 50 grams of MXE..that's 50 grams of (depending on quality) pure MXE molecules..IN your body. I would be very unsafe if I had ingested so much (even if its over months, years..). But then again, these are people who HAVE drug problems and a drug abuse (as the guy above me), but people, why would you do so much MXE..I mean I did 1 gram in roughly a month and I don't feel like doing it for a prolonged time..I guess people are different but 50 grams of MXE..You don't know if you'll end up with a hemorrhage or some serious damage. I would use this chem sparingly..Because it's a very good chem, even after a day of dosing, you still fall asleep..Wish I knew the profile of this drug.

In the world of unforgiving compulsion that is the mind of the addict, 'why' doesn't exist, because the answers are meaningless justifications in order to satisfy a deep and controlling desire. The reasons *not* to take constant, large (and even pointlessly large/frequent) amounts of the drug, whilst usually perfectly understood, have so little significance in the decision to do it that they might as well not exist either! We're talking about very different patterns of thought than in recreational use, so it can often be difficult to understand for someone that, for whatever reason, has never found themselves thinking like that. Plus, short term tolerance builds EPICALLY fast to most of this type of drug.

maybe you could link me up with some reading on this? I have never read anything about prostaglandin being a cause of tinnitus. a quick google search turns up discussion of misoprostol being used as a treatment for tinnitus.
i would expect THC causing tinnitus is more related to its anxiogenic effects but that is based purely on personal experience

Certainly.

"Furthermore, treatment of neurons with THC stimulated a significant increase in the release of arachidonic acid. We hypothesize that THC neurotoxicity is attributable to activation of the prostanoid synthesis pathway and generation of free radicals by cyclooxygenase."

"Activation of cannabinoid receptors can stimulate phospholipase A2 (PLA2), which catalyzes release of arachidonic acid (Reichman et al., 1988; Audette et al., 1991;Shivachar et al., 1996), the substrate for several major pathways. One branch, catalyzed by cyclooxygenases (COX), generates prostanoids, prostaglandins, and thromboxanes. Another pathway catalyzed by lipoxygenases produces leukotrienes. Both pathways generate free radicals (Wei et al., 1981; Pourcyrous et al., 1990; Yamamoto, 1991;Lafon-Cazal et al., 1993) that can lead to lipid peroxidation and cell death."

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/18/14/5322.long

"PLA2, the first-step enzyme of the arachidonic cascade, is reportedly involved in the generation of cochlear ischemic [55] and acoustic [56] injury.

http://www.mdpi.com/1424-8247/3/5/1286/pdf

You can do some googling on your own and find how it is all interconnected. THC is tragically not nearly as benign as many assume. I can't recall the original source where I discovered this information.

Further interesting tidbits..

"It has been proposed that cochlear synaptic tinnitus arises from a synaptic disturbance of NMDA or non-NMDA receptors on the afferent dendrites of the spiral ganglion neurons"

"The rationale for treatment assumes that tinnitus arises from excess glutamatergic activity through NMDA receptors and/or hyperactivity resulting from the loss of GABA-mediated inhibition"

"High doses of salicylate, the active ingredient in aspirin, reliably induce tinnitus and augment currents through NMDA receptors on cochlear spiral ganglion neurons (93–95). NMDA antagonists applied locally to the inner ear blocked behavioral evidence of salicylate-induced tinnitus (83). In another behavioral experiment, cochlear application of the selective NMDA antagonist ifenprodil in the first 4 days following noise exposure significantly reduced the probability of developing noise-induced tinnitus"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136369/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.