View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Hit #12 - Oh look, it's MXE o'clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be blunt about, sounds like you're a lil butthurt over someone talking shit on your DOC that you may or may not be addicted to. Think about it like this, would you react the same way if someone described those symptoms and putting out warnings in regard to things like red meat, coffee or sugar?
You may be referring to past defensiveness by pontifex01 that I haven't been following, but what you've quoted from him regarding why the MXE thread is so voluble seems like it accounts for a lot. MXE's stimulant side encourages ranting (see any stimulant trip report written while high), its manic intensity encourages blind passion, and its dissociative side involves significant inhibition, i.e. more courage to speak every last thing on one's mind. That sounds like a recipe for prolixity regardless of whether or not a person is motivated to defend their addiction. Just think of a coked up drunk describing the LSD experience that changed their life while insulated by the anonymity of the internet and you'll have captured much of the MXE/drug board effect.

A few times now I've become a 2D cog, fitting perfectly, humping and grinding away peacefully as a part of the rainbow colored machinery of humanity

This is getting scary. You mention "rainbow colors machinery of humanity". Have you, or to anyone reading this, have by any chance hallucinated a spiral machinery of rainbow colors cubes crunching inward as it spirals towards itself? I received this image during a massive m-hole, essentially the universe was exposing itself to me in the form of this vision, a machine like rainbow spiral crushing inward on itself.

Actually you are on to something (and I'm sober, mind you. Haven't smoked or tripped in months). We are all part of the universe experiencing it subjectively. All matter in the universe has the same origin and for matter, all life on Earth shares a distant ancestor; A single celled organism. Even trees are our distant cousins. Whenever I feel anger or hatred towards another, I can't help but think of this and can let those feelings go. Maybe one day science will be able to prove how we are all actively connected through vibrations or energies or whatever. But we should all continue to contribute to the zeitgeist of the human experience. I personally think that is done not being high 24/7 :)

Yes! We are all ancestors of a single celled organism, thus we are all one with each other while being individual beings at the same time. I've been having massive realizations lately, such as I am god. We are all god, we are all ancestors of this one single celled organism, thus we are god itself split up into seperate individual mutations, thus we are all God.

The big bang was us coming into existence. I feel God, Us, I, have cursed ourselves, myself through existence as we can not stop expanding (The universe is constantly expanding, We/God/I am the universe itself.

I realize this sounds totally bat shit insane to be most, however in my mind this truth is absolute. I am god, just as you are god, just as everything around us is ourselves observing ourselves.

This is getting scary. You mention "rainbow colors machinery of humanity". Have you, or to anyone reading this, have by any chance hallucinated a spiral machinery of rainbow colors cubes crunching inward as it spirals towards itself? I received this image during a massive m-hole, essentially the universe was exposing itself to me in the form of this vision, a machine like rainbow spiral crushing inward on itself

I don't know if this is exactly what i experienced, but especially after having one single high dose, i almost every time have a strange experience of my head, or face, getting sucked into some kind of massive colourful vortex, accompanied by an even more bizarre noise. It's disgusting!

This is also part of a TR i'm working on.

I don't know if this is exactly what i experienced, but especially after having one single high dose, i almost every time have a strange experience of my head, or face, getting sucked into some kind of massive colourful vortex, accompanied by an even more bizarre noise. It's disgusting!

This is also part of a TR i'm working on.

Please keep me updated on this Trip Report. It sounds very interesting and something I'd love to read.

We probably share more similar experience through this compound than we realize.

So, I've decided what this stuff is... It's like Cocaine mixed with valium. :D

That has not been my experience at any dose. It is a dissociative. Not only is there no need to make such comparisons but I also think it's daft and not viable.

So, I've decided what this stuff is... It's like Cocaine mixed with valium. :D

You seem to have made generalisations about substances in this manner before, like saying 2C-I was like shrooms and MDMA - the thing is this is highly subjective. In terms of manner of action, 2C-I doesn't act like "shrooms + MDMA", just as MXE doesn't act like "cocaine + valium" in the brain.

Just keep that in mind, if you compare little similarities in highs you can compare almost any substance to any other.

Given that it's mostly similar in effects to Ketamine but also has some very light SERT affinity if you were to more accurately compare it to anything it'd probably have to be something like Ketamine + say for example a barely threshold dose of MDAI. Even this is completely inaccurate though and doesn't realistically reflect MXE's effects.

Just be careful saying Drug A is like Drug B + Drug C, particularly when the actual effects on the brain aren't remotely similar - it can often put off people who don't like the particular combo and don't realise that it's different, or encourage people who won't actually like the drug but enjoy that combo to try it.

Coke + valium doesn't have any dissociative effects and so someone could easily jump in having tried the combo and enjoyed it, take a lot of MXE, hole and have a terrible experience because they weren't expecting a trip, etc.

This is getting scary. You mention "rainbow colors machinery of humanity". Have you, or to anyone reading this, have by any chance hallucinated a spiral machinery of rainbow colors cubes crunching inward as it spirals towards itself? I received this image during a massive m-hole, essentially the universe was exposing itself to me in the form of this vision, a machine like rainbow spiral crushing inward on itself.
*snip*
I realize this sounds totally bat shit insane to be most, however in my mind this truth is absolute. I am god, just as you are god, just as everything around us is ourselves observing ourselves.
For me there does seem to be a center to it, and a definite flow towards it, though it seems to go left and right, it is very much mechanical, but almost if it was built out of tiles by a force that has a taste for the Mayan aesthetic, sometimes it feeds on music and sculpts and changes course due to it's addition.
It tends to end with me coming back to human form in a cabin or camp, which I feel is on the edge of civilization, the last outpost before wilderness, and a very old place.
My thoughts on the nature of fundamental reality seem pretty close to yours. However, We are connected to all things in ways we'll never be able to comprehend fully and completly, if we can do that, then we will be gods.
I also have read many DMT trip reports that seem to report something similar to this... though I have yet to really work with DMT, but that interests me.

NKB has asked several times if we can just stay on the topic of general MXE use only. I appreciate that you guys have very different views on a number of issues (or just the one), but find another way to deal with it. Ignore each other or suggest opening up a way to contact each other privately. You can also continue in the addiction subthread or this split off thread of you guys debating/fighting , which I had to reorganize from the previous thread and it was a bunch of work I shouldn't have to do:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/662028-Cryptix420-quot-MXE-addicts-justifying-their-abuse-quot

If you do continue there, keep it clean - otherwise we have to step in, which -again- we really don't want to.

The OP of the past several threads has said this is not a social thread and visitors don't expect this to read like one. While valid points have been raised and there is something to be said for both sides of the story, go do it where it belongs.

Even the smallest reaction to what has been said can lead to another reaction by someone else until we have 50 MXE threads full that is fuck all helpful to a number of people, or what can be extremely helpful in something like the addiction subthread if you keep it minimally personal and rather dialectic, argumentative, constructive and sensible.

I am not overreacting to your post, Pontifex, this is an announcement about the whole shebang.

If anyone has beef with me or the mods about this, send a PM (for the exact same reasons).

We're done, we have to draw a line.

Last edited:
3 cheers for the mods!

Can anyone summarise the info for sub-lingual ROA? Most RCs tastes foul - is it just a matter of putting the dose under your tonuge & letting it dissolve while dealing with the flavour?

Yes. MXE is relatively benign tastewise, but you don't need to taste it much at all for most of it. I don't mind swishing it around my mouth towards the end - if it's not bitter I presume it has been absorbed.

I would personally recommend 15-25mg as a good starting sublingual dose for MXE.

I believe I held it there for about 15-20 minutes but I am not sure if that is more or less than ideal. Also I am not sure if being able to taste it in your saliva is a good indication of absorption, for all we know you get desensitized to the taste.
Fortunately it does work orally so if a small portion of it is swallowed it just means somewhat weaker effects per mg and possibly slightly more body effects.

As long as you are consistent with the approximate time of holding it in the mouth, it should be fine... just not necessarily that economic or optimal qualitatively.
Still: hearing about other people's ideas about what time is ideal can help us.

Till it goes away, 10-15min for me. Then might as well swallow, oral works great, my girl likes hers mixed into a cup of coffee. Of all the pure chemicals I have put in my mouth I have to say MXE is the least offensive taste wise, though I still prefer it in my ass and/or my nose 9 times outta 10.

The lovely people over in EADD have made arrangments for both related and somewhat off topic MXE-chatter here. Please ensure that non-informative chatter is kept out of this thread where possible for now on :)

Held 15 mgs under the tongue until after tens minutes, a build-up of salvia created a pool of it around my tongue. Tasted salty - was expecting much worst. Slight tingling initially when directly placed under the tongue. Couldn't help but swallow the concoction after 10mins of letting the mix sit against my gums/cheeks/tongue. That was 15mins ago & feel normal... we shall see....

thanks for the damage control :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.