• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Nootropics Subthread] Noopept (GVS-111)

what do you guys think of the Citicoline stack with noopept, currently got some 20mg noopept with 100mg citicoline tablets from uk source and i think they potentiate each other. Noopept seems to work fine for me orally, taste is way too bad for my mouth.

didn't think i'd notice it but definitly see what people are talking about as far as irritability goes. its been described as being less tolerant of stupidity and short/rude about it. I have noticed this in conversation as well as even listneing to music, music i would normally enjoy seems stupid and shallow and is very frustrating.

this could be the noopept or the oxiracetam but i think its noopept

^ How much do you take usually?

I've never actually weighed it out but I try to eyeball (I know) 10-30mgs for sub-lingual administration.

didn't think i'd notice it but definitly see what people are talking about as far as irritability goes. its been described as being less tolerant of stupidity and short/rude about it. I have noticed this in conversation as well as even listneing to music, music i would normally enjoy seems stupid and shallow and is very frustrating.

this could be the noopept or the oxiracetam but i think its noopept

I've very, very slightly noticed this. Maybe the increased concentration of Cyclo-L-prolylglycine(3) decreases ego or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea if a choline source is just as necessary with noopept as with racetams. There are a few similar actions involved I think, and I just took choline with it to be safe (also choline has its own effects which are IMO significant and at least synergistic with other considerable nootropics).

However, be careful taking choline on a regular basis if it is not truly necessary - a study has correlated it to atherosclerosis, link to source can be found in the main nootropics thread (part 2 IIRC).

I get a terrible headache from Noopept. I'm also taking rhodiola, citicholine, and acetyl-l-carnitine with alpha lipoic acid. Do you think it's interacting with one of those? I like the clear thinking and lighter mood with Noopept but the headache totally kills it for me.

Hmm not sure why would be experiencing headaches with Noopept, how much choline are you taking? It could be due to not enough or too much choline, but I'm not too familiar with rhodiola. ALCAR and Alpha Lipoic should not becausing any problems when taken with noopept.

After 1 week at 10mg x 2/day I can say that this compound is interesting. Really subtle, but I'm clear headed and I feel a decrease in anxiety. Usually, this is the feeling of being overwhelmed by the quantity to learn at uni that block me. 3 days after starting noopept, I started to work more thanks to this effect upon anxiety I think. I had some unusual great motivation this week! I didn't notice a huge difference in memory yet. I take some choline with it, and caffeine.

Oh and an interesting thing, alcohol confusion is vastly decrease! Maybe because of the negation of alcohol's antagonism on glutamaergics receptors? (I didn't feel that with piracetam, but I didn't feel much of an effect with piracetam also...)

Last edited:
Second day taking noopept. This stuff is quite strong. It's been years since I've used nootropics (piracetam, hydergine and vinpocetine) but this is definitely the most noticeable.

It's subtle in some ways but quite pronounced in others. It reminds of modafinil to be honest. I find quite a bit of synergy with kratom (small dose, energizing strain) and it makes cannabis much more clear-headed, prevents some of the anxiety and quite a bit of dopey tiredness.

It's no NZT, but we're at least getting closer. ;)

Last edited:
I'm a decent fan of noopept. Not very stimulating in comparison to say phenylpiracetam, but really helps with concentration and memory. Sort of gives you tunnel vision to focus on tasks. A lot like a non-stimulating version of methylphenidate.

I prefer mixing it with stimulants like nicotine, oxiracetam and phenylpiracetam.

Sublingual has a smooth euphoria for about 20mn that makes worthy the hassle, imo.

Sublingual hurt like hell for me, it was like it burnt through my mouth, i am waiting for Sunifiram to replace Noopept, hopefully with more of a bio availability than noopept. -snip- No source discussion. This goes for Nootropics too. Bluelight isn't the place for this. ~Jesusgreen

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, Ive been taking Noopept, but at roughly 10mg a day as Ive heard from some sources that was the "sweet spot" (though Ive also heard 20mg), but I dont notice ANYTHING so far. Or not very much that couldnt easily be placebo. Its been about 7 days or so. Also, the powder has no distinct smell of anything, including that "mushroomy" smell I"ve always hear(ed). It was through a legitamate vendor though, IMO...The powder is completely white and clean and fine-powder. Im not sure if I should give it more time, or try upping the dose. I know it can take up to a month, so Ill wait until then atleast. I just dont want to be continually dosing something that isnt what I am intending to intake. Ill probably start trying 10mg twice a day as well. I just thought the synthesis of this chem came along with a certain smell, though, but maybe some just didnt get "clean" batches at first?
I just find it weird that some people notice such a strong effect at first.
which ALSO makes me think THEY might've got something else, as the Russian literature actually says after the first acute dose, BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic protector; in layman's terms, one of the main chemicals that improves brain health) DECREASED after the first acute dose. after continued dosing for 1 month they had slightly above average levels of the brain growth hormone (BDNF) and NGF (Nerve growth factor).
From the studies, it seems this nootropic is more meant for "long"-term use, atleast 21 days or more.

Here's some literature backing up some claims, and I find this interesting: " Chronic treatment with Noopept was not followed by the development of tolerance, but even potentiated the neurotrophic effect."
Which means, rather than most racetams that develop tolerance after use, the "neurotrophic effect" seems to actually be potentiated from continual, daily use of noopept, meaning the BDNF "expression" (amount in brain) is increased compared to initial dosing.

For a quick read of the article: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10517-008-0297-x
Pretty short entry with some good, common knowledge info a clinical trial of Noopept.

Also, for more resource collection you can use this to get you started: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noopept#cite_note-pmid19240853-9

Last edited:
I advise against it because nootropics, even piracetam (which is 1000 times less potent than Noopept quantitatively and seems to very possibly have more efficacy) can potentiate a trip in an unpredictable way. In a way it is like combining a catalyst with a catalyst, or a catalyst with something disinhibiting. In a sense, combining mushrooms with MAOIs reminded me of LSD with piracetam because everything became utterly boundless.
While that is in part uncharted territory, and even though interesting something I would recommend extra caution with if you wish to explore, you indicate that you like to do low doses in a situation like that birthday. Which is wise because it seems out of place if you cannot interact, function, behave or control yourself anymore. So skip any nootropic if you want to do low dose LSD at the birthday and save such combinations for when you are safe, in private and maybe are being watched over. And even then Noopept may just be too much with psychedelics. But I am not sure if we can extrapolate from piracetam like that. I do think we can with aniracetam because it should act more similarly.

Anyway that is my advice. You can wait for someone who tried the exact combination but either way it seems like a shame to risk an incident (however minor) when it is someone else's day.

You advise against nootropics and LSD. If this reddit thread is correct, I can understand why: http://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/1fnu6t/
Especially considering that I haven`t taken LSD more than 2 times.

I've been taking Noopept now for almost the complete and total 21 day regimen for learned helplessness. i've been taking 30mg every 6 hours i am awake
Mild brain damage from drug use, and from head injuries involving Motor vehicles and Assholes who want to punch me in the head.

Day 1: I thought i was going to break into full scale hallucinations by the end of the day, i realized i wasn't perceiving texture at all.
Day 2: Mildly strong stimulating feeling easy to get excited.
Day 3: Strong noticeable memory and cognitive enhancement.
Day 4: Less Shakey.
Day 5: Reflexes have improved, memory and ability to recall information extremely improved.
Day 6: Starts to feel more like Caffine.
Day 7: I start to get increased vocabulary using big words, with a finer rapport.
Day 8: I cannot feel the feeling of bordom.
Day 9: I constantly find myself filling my day with more tasks, being more productive.
Day 10: The funny thing is, it is still increasing everything that i said above here.
Modestly.

Once i hit day 21 i'll tell you how i feel.

Any info on how close you should take noopept before popping a tab of LSD, and for the noopept to enhance the effects?
Does the noopept have to be taken 12 hours before tripping on Lucy. Does it have to be taken continually for a week?
Anyone, ideas?

I have 10g of noopept on the way, do you guys prefer oral or sublingual ROA's?
I have hundreds of gel caps so preparing orally would be a piece of cake, although sublingual is still easier.

I have been taking noopept off and on for a couple of years now. Every supply I've sourced has that mushroomy smell to it. The first time I opened the bag and smelled this I was honestly rather delighted (mostly due to a soft spot for psilocybes). At any rate there have been some positive effects and negative effects across a wide dosage range. I have taken this at doses from 10mg up to 100mg in one go. Most common roa in the beginning of this experimentation was oral, but usually sublingual now because the effects seem more consistent by this route vs oral. I have even tried insufflation, which for me works exceptionally well with very little burn whatsoever. If not for the sneezing and drying of the sinuses to the point of bleeding (though minuscule) I would likely use this route more often.

Nose drops would be great, but it is poorly soluble in water, and rapidly hydrolyzes. Sorry I can't find the reference for that at the moment, but read an article where they were trying to make a stable solution for injection. At any rate it is semi difficult to make an aqueous solution, and it breaks down quickly once there.

As far as effects go, here are some that I have noticed:

Positive -
Increased concentration
Improved memory
Improved math in my head (which normally I suck at)
Learning easier/faster
Mood boost most of the time
Some anxiolytic effect (aniracetam better for this)
Faster reaction time

Negative -
Decreased patience at times
Irritability (especially when I first started taking it, and after long breaks)
Holes in long term memory (temporary)

The negative effects are most notable at higher doses (above 30mg for me).

As far as the holes in memory thing, this has only happened to me once after dosing 60-100mg a day for a few days straight. It was like some information that should be recalled instantly were just not there. I was pulling out from checking the mail and could not for the life of me remember which side of the road I was supposed to drive on. I figured it out after thinking really hard about it, and had a few more confusing moments here an there that day, but never since. I would strongly caution against dosing high with this one...less really is more in this case.

Another interesting effect I noticed was that it seems to negate the effects of alcohol to some extent. This also seems to take a higher than normal dose (for me anyways). On multiple occasions I was practically retarded drunk, took between 60-100mg (only time I would ever personally consider this type of dosage at this point), and within 20 minutes I was back down to a coherent level, had decent coordination, and was no longer slurring my speech. On other occasions it took much more alcohol than normal to get me drunk. Overall this could be a very dangerous combination because it may be possible to get alcohol poisoning without really seeing it coming. Without more empirical research there is no way to know the mechanism involved. I personally am cutting alcohol mostly out of my life, makes me feel crappy anyways.

Well, that is some of my experience with it anyways. One other thing that is interesting to me is that there is similarity between the "headspace" on noopept as I have gotten from very low dose psychedelics (especially LSD in the 30-50 microgram range). It's a bit more subtle, but strikingly similar (for me at least).

Last edited:
Also, forgot to mention, but it seems like the cumulative effects are more pronounced than with occasional use, but even with single doses after a long break does seem to have a noticeable effect (at least for me).

As for combination with psychedelics, I would say tread with caution. It is not well understood how noopept or any nootropics interact with psychedelics. If you do choose to ingest such combinations, certainly lower the dose of psychedelic you are taking with it and work your way up from there. Many nootropics are reported to have a potentiating and/or synergistic effect in combination with psychedelics, but usually not akin to just taking a higher dose of the psych alone. There are qualitative differences reported (increased/more crisp visuals, modified headspace). I have found little information on regards to using noopept in this way, but the few reports I have seen seem to note qualitative changes to the experience in a similar manner to piracetam (though even that sort of combination has few reports as well). In short, observe caution and titrate your dosage in a similar manner to trying a new substance just in case.

Last edited: