View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking 5-MeO-DALT

Mycotheologist

Bluelighter
Has anyone here tried smoking it? I started experimenting with it and took about 5-10mg orally 20 minutes ago. Don't really feel much yet. Thats the problem, I want to eliminate the onset time from the equation. If I smoke it I'm guessing it will kick in instantly. I think it may be far more potent so it would be best to start with 2mg if possible (I don't have a mg scale so I weigh down to about 10mg, then eyeball it). From what I've read, this isn't a substance to take lightly so I'm thinking I should have some benzos at all times when I'm experimenting with it.

UPDATE: I smoked about 5mg on some tin foil and instantly some trippy visual distortions started happening.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the effects of this compound last when smoked? Orally, its pretty short duration (2-4hrs) and I suspect smoked should be even shorter.

From what I read this is also a fabulous way to get a blackout effect or 5-MeO-DMT style whack to the head. Not sure if people also said it was worth it, check the Big & Dandy Thread for that - it's in there. :)
Of course, often reactions like that can be avoided by titrating carefully and making sure it is not possible to suddenly smoke leftovers from another dose that was applied to the smoking device. So not to dissuade you in general, let this just be a warning to frequently burn that mother out before you accidentally OD and get smacked.
Nope have not tried it myself, the only product I have was said to be of suspicious origin and I am not motivated to purchase more.

I've been carefully titrating and after my last toke, I got a fright because the effects seemed to come on within seconds. I'm not hallucinating at all but I feel kind of dissociated and strange. Smoking seems to be the safest way to experiment with this substance because you can feel the effects instantly so you can increase your dosage in tiny increments and monitor how you feel each toke.

Sollpsis: Yeah, this isn't a substance to be taken lightly. I've only taken about 5mg so far and the effects are pretty powerful. No closed eye visuals yet though.

Whoa, things are getting trippy lol. This is definitely the way to do it. Take a toke, see how you feel, then take another toke. Like this you can stop when the effects begin to feel overwhelming. No scary surprises. The fact that it only lasts 30 minutes is very reassuring. I'm not as scared to keep tapering up my dose as I would be with a longer lasting substance.

Careful man - I smoked too much of this stuff in a single hit and it was terrifying - one of the worst experiences of my life, I thought I'd had it! I've done 5-MeO-DMT before and it was similar in intensity but extremely dysphoric. Body-load is not the word, my heart was pounding like crazy and my mouth completely dried up so I could barely move my tongue.

Sounds like you're taking it slow, just make sure you keep it that way.

I took 5mg of zolpidem and I don't know whether its the 5-MeO-DALT or a combination of the two but things are getting very trippy. I'm fully cognizant and have my wits about me but everything in my field of vision is vibrating and morphing into each other. Hard to explain.

Careful man - I smoked too much of this stuff in a single hit and it was terrifying - one of the worst experiences of my life, I thought I'd had it! I've done 5-MeO-DMT before and it was similar in intensity but extremely dysphoric. Body-load is not the word, my heart was pounding like crazy and my mouth completely dried up so I could barely move my tongue.

Sounds like you're taking it slow, just make sure you keep it that way.

What was your dose? How long did the effects last for? Thanks for the warning, I was starting to get a bit lax with my titrating because the effects so far have been completely maneable but I'll heed your warning and make sure I don't go and take a massive toke and end up in an unmanigable state.

Why is it that some of us have an urge to explore these substances? Gets you thinking doesn't it. Maybe we don't take the psychedelic, maybe the psychedelic takes us. They call them entheogens because they generate the God within but theres something in us to begin with that makes us seek these substances.

I'm in a pretty euphoric state right now. The substance is causing me to analyse my core philosophies on life and I realise I'm on the right path. Altruism is the way. Its the path to boddhisattva. Psychedelics make this pretty clear.

Vaping produces an intensity of effects that is short-lived but impressive, a strong body rush and slightly empathogenic head-space, which is quite easy on the ego. I vaped up to 20mg in single hits for massive rushes lasting less than a minute. The intensity of 20mg vaped in one go can be momentarily overwhelming so 10mg doses may be preferred. The effects were not completely dissimilar to cannabinoids which it synergizes well with. I was back to baseline in less than an hour, feeling clear-headed with good cognition, possible nootropic effects perhaps.

This is an interesting substance to say the least. I've never experienced anything like this before. Things are very trippy but I'm completely centred. This is amazing. Everythings morphing in and out of itself, everythings more liquidy, including myself. Discombobulator.

What was your dose? How long did the effects last for? Thanks for the warning, I was starting to get a bit lax with my titrating because the effects so far have been completely maneable but I'll heed your warning and make sure I don't go and take a massive toke and end up in an unmanigable state.

Stupidly I was eyeballing, so I don't know the dose. I'd guess there may have been up to 40 or 50mg in the pipe, though of course not all of that would have made it into my lungs, especially as I was smoking rather than vaping it. The effects lasted for ten to fifteen minutes at a wild guess, but as I lost all sense of time I can't be sure. It may have been two minutes or half an hour for all I know. It was a genuinely very psychedelic experience - I had complete loss of object recognition for a while there. But like I said, it was extremely scary and unpleasant, and that's coming from someone that's done 5-MeO-DMT breakthrough doses.

Interesting p-helix mentions cannabiniods - on reflection it was quite similar to an AM2201 overdose, only worse.

Anyway, I'm not trying to harsh your buzz, you're obviously being more careful than I was, and I'm glad you're having fun. :)

I was wondering if you can breakthrough on 5-MeO-DALT and have DMT like experiences (i.e. seeing machine elves, inhabiting the 4th dimension etc.) but I'll make sure I never do a high dose of this stuff because I've heard very bad things about high doses. Most I did was around 10mg in one go. The safest way clearly is to smoke a few mg, see how you feel, then smoke a bit more etc.

is it really that good? i have a bunch of 5-meo-dalt laying around and i'll smoke it if i'm benzod out and want to make some music tonight lol

I blew through a gram smoked not too long ago. It's a 10 minute body rush and you are back to baseline in less than an hour. It's pleasant, combines very well with sexy time activities. It take a fairly strong dose. I was binging so didn't bother to measure, just dumped it into the bong. If you can get 5-meo-mipt, that compound is better in every way. Better high, longer duration and much lower dose.

edit

I noticed a comparison to 5-meo-dmt. 5-meo-dmt is a sledgehammer and 5-meo-dalt is a pea shooter.

I was wondering if you can breakthrough on 5-MeO-DALT and have DMT like experiences (i.e. seeing machine elves, inhabiting the 4th dimension etc.) but I'll make sure I never do a high dose of this stuff because I've heard very bad things about high doses. Most I did was around 10mg in one go. The safest way clearly is to smoke a few mg, see how you feel, then smoke a bit more etc.

If you are looking for a DMT or a 5-meo-dmt experience, then you need DMT or 5-meo-dmt. 5-meo-dalt aint it. If you want to be Lewis and Clark and see these unexplored territories then you will need to be brave because it will be a bit scary when you first feel the bungee jump to the other side. I did it and I came back changed for the better. I'm thinking of a trip report but some things cannot be explained. Only experienced.

Last edited:
is it really that good? i have a bunch of 5-meo-dalt laying around and i'll smoke it if i'm benzod out and want to make some music tonight lol

Yeah, you'll see for yourself tonight. Weigh out about 30mg but don't smoke it all at once. Take small tokes and see how you feel. That way it won't get too overwhelming. Benzod out is a good idea IMO. I think part of the reason I was so euphoric on is because I was on zolpidem.

should i use my 'dmt machine' to smoke it? basically a crack pipe, i have a volcano to vape it but not fucking that thing up too expensive lol.

5-meo-mipt sucks btw, terrible tryptamine.

'The Machine' is not just a crack pipe though? You suck through a hole on the side of the 'room' and there is steel wool in the stem, that seems like significant differences to me. Anyway a crack pipe may work but the machine is probably a lot better.
I assume creating the freebase is preferred but the salt can be smoked, only with more loss of product.