• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Chasing the Dragon - Any Instructional Videos / Specific Nuance Questions

curioushat

Bluelighter
I am absolutely desperate to learn how to chase the dragon properly. So far it has been an epic fail and I am tired of wasting good #3 powder.
Has anyone ever seen a video demonstrating how to do it? Especially starting from powder. Thanks. I don't have a coach unfortunately and the next best thing would be to see it in action. It would answer so many of my questions.

Also, I have some questions if there is no video since I have researched forever and cannot find answers to little nuances.
If you can answer any of the questions, your response is appreciated!!

Code:
[U]1.[/U] When you lay out the powder, do you try to make it as close to a mound as possible? Or is it better as a line?

Code:
[U]2.[/U] When you turn the powder into the stick black, do you want a perfect hemisphere/blob (or close to it)? Or should you put it in a line and go back and forth? Is it a problem that the blob is flat?

Code:
[U]3.[/U] Does it make a difference how finely crushed the number three is to start off?

Code:
[U]4.[/U] If when you are done it leaves behind a black ashy substance is that a cut? Or is it burned and therefore wasted heroin?

Code:
[U]5.[/U] I know that it is important to make sure the blob is moving around. How do you keep it in a blob and not have it spread out?

Code:
[U]6.[/U] Should you fold the foil in half to make a crease? And then make the substance rock back and forth?

Code:
[U]7.[/U] Why is it that sometimes no matter how long I hold the flame over a blob it sometimes never moves or vapes?

Code:
[U]8.[/U] Are having multiple "strongholds" of melted heroin a no-no? It seems like it's impossible to vaporize them one at a time.

Code:
[U]9.[/U] Is it a huge problem that the foil might be a little crumbled?

Code:
[U]10.[/U] If there are just two shiny sides of the foil , does it matter which is used as the surface?

Code:
[U]11.[/U] What is a [I]rough[/I] range of heroin that should be put on foil at once? I'm sure any small amount is fine, but is, say, 100mg at once a total waste?

I know this is a crapload of questions. If you can answer any of them that is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance! I have searched a million guides and none seem to answer these specific questions!

Last edited:
It's really hard to explain how to smoke off foil through the internet... but I'll give it a go. I'd start with a mount of powder. Also make sure you burn the foil before you smoke off of it. You'll notice when heating foil some smoke/steam comes off of it, this is a coating that has damaging chemicals in it. Anyways make a small mound of powder, then heat it from bellow. Use a cut straw to smoke through, and hold the straw like an inch behind the smoking mound. Tilt the foil as you heat and you'll see the mound sort of melt/run down the foil making a trail of black. ARGH this is SO hard to explain. I'd look this up on youtube or something because I know there are documentaries about addiction that show smoking in action. There is also a tumblr blog called loyal to the foil, all about an addict's daily life. She smokes tar, though. But still, maybe she talks about how to smoke correctly on there... or if you have a tumblr you could ask her for tips. Hope this helps!!!

All that said, IT IS WAY EASIER TO SMOKE WITH SOMEONE HELPING YOU... by holding the foil and lighting it while you chase. Is that out of the question? why not just snort it?????? smoking H is really bad for your skin and lungs.

It is not possible to do with someone else.
A major problem I am having, is that the melted blob does not run down the foil regardless of whether the foil is tilted flat or completely vertically. Sometimes it will not even melt. The only way to get around this is to flatten the foil, after every single hit (or failed hit)
I understand now how to inhale the smoke, but it seems like there is never any smoke unless I flatted the aluminum foil completely every breath.

I haven't smoked heroin in over half a decade but I have smoked some synthetic cannabinoids like JWH-018 and from what I remember, I use the same technique so I'll try to help. Someone else might correct me on some points though. The heroin I smoked was a brown powder that easily melted when heat was applied.

1. When you lay out the powder, do you try to make it as close to a mound as possible? Or is it better as a line?
Line. Mound works too, can be made into a line later by applying heat and tilting the foil.

2. When you turn the powder into the stick black, do you want a perfect hemisphere/blob (or close to it)? Or should you put it in a line and go back and forth? Is it a problem that the blob is flat?
Usually turns into a blob while rocking it back and forth anyway even if you made a line from the start from what I recall. As long as it moves, it's fine.

3. Does it make a difference how finely crushed the number three is to start off?
It makes it easier to form an even line.

4. If when you are done it leaves behind a black ashy substance is that a cut? Or is it burned and therefore wasted heroin?
Cut probably.

5. I know that it is important to make sure the blob is moving around. How do you keep it in a blob and not have it spread out?
Not having it spread out at all is impossible I think. Make sure you have folded over the foil once so it has an easy path to rock back and forth on. It should not spread to the sides though (as in not following the path made by folding the foil over)

6. Should you fold the foil in half to make a crease? And then make the substance rock back and forth?
I think I just answered this. Yes.

7. Why is it that sometimes no matter how long I hold the flame over a blob it sometimes never moves or vapes?
Too big a blob? Either that or you have the wrong type of foil. Make sure the foil is not too thick (grill foil for example sucks). Foil used to wrap food in works great. Make sure the drugs is on the side that is not shining.

8. Are having multiple "strongholds" of melted heroin a no-no? It seems like it's impossible to vaporize them one at a time.
As long as there is empty space, the actual blob of moving heroin doesn't get too big, it should be fine. I try to even it out as much as possible, not really sure what you mean here.

9. Is it a huge problem that the foil might be a little crumbled?
Could be. There could be small cracks in the foil that are hard to see, this will allow too much heat to get through and if you're unlucky, your drugs will catch fire and go up in smoke, so to speak. Foil is cheap, heroin isn't. Make sure your foil isn't crumbled.

10. If there are just two shiny sides of the foil , does it matter which is used as the surface?
No idea, I don't use this kind of foil.

11. What is a rough range of heroin that should be put on foil at once? I'm sure any small amount is fine, but is, say, 100mg at once a total waste?
Up to 100mg is probably fine, as long as there is empty space for it to rock back and forth, you don't want it ending up at the edge of the foil because it might catch fire if heat is applied to close to it.

Last edited:
Thanks Toz!

I think I have figured it out somewhat.

My major helping points:

1) Make sure the foil is completely flat. Smooth it out before you use it. Handle the foil with extreme care to make sure it does not bend or crunch. If the foil is not smooth the heroin blob cannot run, it gets caught in any and all creases. If necessary re-smooth the foil between hits. Crumbled foil=disaster.
2) Keep just one blob at a time, otherwise, both will vaporize at the same time and you will lose vapor.
3) The blob has to be moving always, or else it is wasting heroin. Tilt the foil more and more if it is not moving.
4) Never cross routes, so if the blob is moving near the edge, have it go backwards but on a slightly different path.
5) Move the flame back and forth underneath the foil so it does not heat up the same spot for too long; this burns and wastes h if for some reason it is not running.
6) After the blob is gone, there is still more on the foil. This is the only time you can have the foil flat. Little bits of h will sizzle and burn out.
7) Melt the h first before you try to make it run; otherwise the powder falls off the foil. It will still make some vapor so inhale
8 ) Take away the lighter about a half of a second before you know you will run out of breath. If you do both at the same time you lose tons of vapor.
9) Hold the hits in for three-five seconds. Less runs the risk of losing h and longer is pointless.

If you still need a video then I'll send you a link but it will be set to private....obvs I could send you a download file but if I were you I wouldn't DL something from a stranger on a forum.

I think you will have to follow me channel or something to view it? let me see if I can get around that.... but if you still want the video let me know...preferably before I kill this Henry of Aghani off :p lol

If you still need a video then I'll send you a link but it will be set to private....obvs I could send you a download file but if I were you I wouldn't DL something from a stranger on a forum.

I think you will have to follow me channel or something to view it? let me see if I can get around that.... but if you still want the video let me know...preferably before I kill this Henry of Aghani off :p lol
I just have to say it's very unwise to offer to share a video of one self smoking heroin. That's evidence for LEO