• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Someone explain the enjoyment of tripping to me?

To really learn about tripping look into the history of psychedelics including peyote rituals and ayahuasca. If you look into the history and cultures that these ritual brews influenced you will learn A LOT about what a "trip" is.... Remember to "trip" back in the day you had to do a lot more than just eat a minor amount of powder to induce such powerful effects.

Tripping allows you feel your deepest emotions in a cathartic way - crying on mushrooms is totally different to crying when you're sober. There's a sense of comfort and release that you simply don't get sober.

And then there's the euphoria, the laughter, the added appreciation of nature, of music and films and of your pets. Tripping is simply the greatest few hours than a human being can experience. Your mileage may vary of course.

Are there any that perhaps don't last for so long? What are those like? Anywhere near the same?

4-AcO-DiPT and 4-HO-DiPT may be good candidates for you. Both versions typically last under six hours (usually three or four at common doses) and yield considerable euphoria, exceptionally intense sexual arousal, and interesting yet manageable mental states. Neither is particularly visual with eyes open, but both are capable of presenting dynamic and abundantly colorful closed-eye phenomena. On the downside, bona fide musical enhancement is essentially nil (but sound distortion is common at high doses; e.g. slight lowering of pitch, subtle flanging). Regarding side effects, light to fairly strong leg twitchiness and/or tremors are often present (this is one of the most stimulating psychedelics around; most users feel some residual stimulation lasting one or two hours beyond the trip proper).

what are the risks associated with those compounds? what do the studies of long term and short term effects indicate? have there been any accidents, injuries, or deaths associated with?

Tripping isn't for everyone. I wouldn't consider it a shortcoming if you don't want to do it.

People trip for different reasons. I trip for spiritual reasons. I enjoy navigating different alterations of reality. I learn a lot about myself and the different layers of existence from doing so -- but that's because I'm a very philosophically and spiritually minded person.

If you go into a trip feeling intense anxiety or fear, then that will become your trip. If you were experiencing nightmarish things, then those things are part of you and the trip is trying to show you something about yourself. Generally, you should not trip unless you're in a stable headspace, with people you trust, and in an environment that feels comfortable to you.

I agree. You should be the one in control of your trip. Set and setting will always dictate how you experience a psychedelic. Some people crave the intense chaos of a Fear and Loathing type experience where as others prefer a more peaceful, Yellow submarine type journey.

I usually prefer to connect with nature rather than diving deep into my psyche. An environment away from the hustle and bustle where I can meditate and relax, even while the world around me explodes into fractals. It isn't scary if you know it's not real.

NSFW:
alice-alice-in-wonderland-flowers-in-lsd-Favim.com-291408.gif

4072d1254067235-psy-art-trippy.gif

what are the risks associated with those compounds? what do the studies of long term and short term effects indicate? have there been any accidents, injuries, or deaths associated with?

Although it is possible to have a bad experience and/or OD with either compound if ingested in prodigious amounts, there have been no reports of death or injury, AFAIK. As long as dosages do not exceed 40mg with 4-AcO-DiPT and 30mg with 4-HO-DiPT, everything should be fine. However, I find 30mg of 4-AcO-DiPT and 25mg of 4-HO-DiPT to be perfectly adequate (and already quite strong for most). Dosages beyond that are rather pointless with these compounds, as neither will add much (if anything) of value at those levels. Provided that the OP is of average weight, good introductory amounts are 15mg of 4-AcO-DiPT and 12mg of 4-HO-DiPT.

Any explanation people will try to give you will inevitably fall short, this is one of those things where you just have to grab your proverbial wang and dive right in. If you can't do that for whatever reason, then you'll never know. Sorry.

This. Regardless how much I read, or what people told me before I every tripped (was on mushrooms) - and I REALLY researched before taking them - It really is something you truly cant describe to people, and just need to experience it yourself. stay safe.

Imagine being a 6 year old kid with a happy family in the magic kindgom for the first time and you can get an idea of the type of enjoyment that is possible with psychedelics done in the right set and setting.

OP.. what psychedelic did you take?

Mushrooms / psilocin / psilocybin (and certain others) are more likely to cause an uncomfortable / bad trip than others such as LSD or 2-cb (in mine and alot of other peoples experiences.. from a thread i started under my old name.. i'll try and find it)..

Edit: Sorry.. couldn't find it.. I think it was called Worst Psychedelic? and my old user name was r1ck0lasn1ce (swap the 1s for i's and 0 for o.. don't wanna type actual name due to future job prospect, email address being that name and google finding all of my bl posts when typing it in ;) )

low-moderate dose mescaline would be the ideal beginners psychedelic i would think.

I'd agree, except for the duration. A mescaline experience is pretty gentle, but something shorter acting may be preferred for first timers. 2c-c/b would be good too if you are worried about the duration being a bit too long with mescaline, in case its not your cup of tea.

Psychedelics seem to make me super-sober. It's the craziest thing. They don't "fuck me up" and aren't scary at all. The higher the dosage (to an extent!), the more in tune with actual reality i appear to become, and the more I gain seemingly latent paranormal mental attributes. I think if you're intelligent and open minded, psychedelics are the best thing in the world.

Last edited:
Although it is possible to have a bad experience and/or OD with either compound if ingested in prodigious amounts, there have been no reports of death or injury, AFAIK. As long as dosages do not exceed 40mg with 4-AcO-DiPT and 30mg with 4-HO-DiPT, everything should be fine. However, I find 30mg of 4-AcO-DiPT and 25mg of 4-HO-DiPT to be perfectly adequate (and already quite strong for most). Dosages beyond that are rather pointless with these compounds, as neither will add much (if anything) of value at those levels. Provided that the OP is of average weight, good introductory amounts are 15mg of 4-AcO-DiPT and 12mg of 4-HO-DiPT.

cheers for the solid response bro! whats ogaucha? :)

low-moderate dose mescaline would be the ideal beginners psychedelic i would think.

fuck, im in Australia so i have havnt had it yet, didnt want to say if i havnt had it myself...peyote and/or mescaline is on the top of my to do list! has been for years god dammit

Last edited:
Psychedelics seem to make me super-sober. It's the craziest thing. They don't "fuck me up" and aren't scary at all. The higher the dosage (to an extent!), the more in tune with actual reality i appear to become, and the more I gain seemingly latent paranormal mental attributes. I think if you're intelligent and open minded, psychedelics are the best thing in the world.

coke makes me feel super straight

Wouldn't it be smarter just to take some rolls to get the idea of what serotonergic drugs are like before tripping if one was worried?

Is your monkey native to China? It's not a Bonobo is it? Reckon id like to be reincarnated as a Bonobo :)

That's me on the picture! :D

Seriously though, we suddenly went way off-topic, so we should get back on track!