• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Someone explain the enjoyment of tripping to me?

hey man they are a species in danger and need all the repping they can get

the enjoyment of tripping is being the monkey god - there back on track

MGMT - Time To Pretend lyrics, that's your answer. to forget yourself, and FTW. To dissolve yourself and become one with everything, for a time. I don't seem to enjoy the experience anymore though, especially with where I am in my life currently (ie not smoking cannabis, drinking heavily, or doing any drugs at all). My place, my premise, my fellow space travelers, all influence my trip far more than the drug will. Last time I consumed a quantity of mushrooms with others, I was rolling around on the floor laughing like a crazy person, and at some point I punched a hole in a watermelon just to see if I could do it. Then I wedged my fingers into it and pulled it apart while I let out animalistic squeals. If I can't do that shit when I trip, I will NOT enjoy the experience. If the people I'm dropping with are assholes and I know that going into the trip, it just means so much less to me.

I only like to trip with peeps who are just as crazy as I am, like legit mentally distorted. And my day before, my day after, and where my deeper focus is are so important. Literally I turn off my phone.

Taking psychedelics for me is like "well, fuck it, let's scuttle the ship and see who knows how to swim". Forget your day job, put a loincloth on and make best friends with a caterpillar. Go native.

I didn't read what everyone else said, but...
it seems like you're afraid of letting go. I can promise you that psychadelics DO NOT last forever, and wear off just as any other drug does after a certain amount of time. Psychadlics take you to another world, one that you can learn from. For many people it is a scary place. For others, like myself, it is "candy land." it is a place that teaches us about ourselves, our species, our planet, etc. You are certainly not ready for the world of psychadelics and I do not suggest you go there. Only time may open this world to you. Once you're ready, however, you WILL love it.

They have the potential to be scary, but this is part of their power. To learn to let go through that, and trust, and be rewarded, is great.

Humans would be shit without fear.

There is much good advice here. However, easy tripping exists. Get a shot of 400ug of 25C up your nose, toss your hair back, and prepare to have your skin feel like lightning. Nothing scary, just 6 hours of feeling like a whole body orgasm with extra detail in visual objects as a bonus.

No mind fuck, no body discomfort, tripping on easy mode.

And it comes in several flavours. Does it get any better than this? :)

^ perfect! all time favourite song...blue jay way is pretty trippy too

There is much good advice here. However, easy tripping exists. Get a shot of 400ug of 25C up your nose, toss your hair back, and prepare to have your skin feel like lightning. Nothing scary, just 6 hours of feeling like a whole body orgasm with extra detail in visual objects as a bonus.

No mind fuck, no body discomfort, tripping on easy mode.

And it comes in several flavours. Does it get any better than this? :)

there is more to tripping than just seeing shit...id prefer LSD anyday

there is more to tripping than just seeing shit...id prefer LSD anyday

LSD for sure. Just seems so much more meaningful an experience. I mean you may be able to get better hallucinations with something else but nothing feels equivalent to LSD.

Someone explain the enjoyment of Alcohol to me?

its sort of like if you enjoy playing front row rugby or boxing you would love alcohol. if you hate your life, dislike your job and your suspicious your missus is cheating, then you will love alcohol.

if you want the pseudo alcohol effect without ingesting the poison try repeatedly banging your head against a brick wall...effects are somewhat similar ;)

oh and probably the best thing about it is its a legit excuse to act like a fucking neanderthal

its sort of like if you enjoy playing front row rugby or boxing you would love alcohol. if you hate your life, dislike your job and your suspicious your missus is cheating, then you will love alcohol.

if you want the pseudo alcohol effect without ingesting the poison try repeatedly banging your head against a brick wall...effects are somewhat similar ;)

oh and probably the best thing about it is its a legit excuse to act like a fucking neanderthal

Hahahahaha love it!

Tripping can allow one to see the universe, in a possibly, life-changing, and spiritual perspective way too. Psychedelics are far from simple drugs. They are a journey that bring the purest euphoric EVER felt or even feel anxiety or terror that is- in the end -beneficially life-changing expiriences.

I have to be in the right mindset to trip on pyschedelics and always like to have some benzodiazepines prepared. With my anxiety benzos are crucial to me at times or I'd lose my cool. I can also find help by using therapeutical amounts of opiates, or more euphoria for me ;) But those can dampen or ruin the spirituality of tripping. It's a JOURNEY, like I wrote before.

Someone explain the enjoyment of Alcohol to me?

You can practically watch the obsessive, excessive thinking you torment yourself with evaporate, and the world becomes softer and warmer, and there's this insular feeling (I find it common to GABAergics, opiates & dissociative). As the extraneous worries depart, you can appreciate the here and now, sometimes as bubbly joy, sometimes more like a beautiful wistfullness, either way you know that for so long as it lasts you're free from your mundane worries.

I just wanted to add. Tripping has maybe made my schizophrenia worse. But on the plus side, it has greatly healed some of my PTSD I got from child molestation.

Good luck everyone.

You just have to let go. That's all there is too it, anyone who tries to hold on to reality is going to have a bad trip.

Yeah, I have also been too afraid of my own fucked up mind to try LSD but few weeks ago I tried 5-meo-dalt that's said to be similar to LSD. And I honestly don't know what I was so afraid in the first place! I never did any conscious decisions that this trip won't go bad. I just went with the flow, never really though about it until my fingers started growing and feet melting. And since I KNEW it was the drugs I didn't find any reason to freak out and took it like a fun cartoon I've stepped into.