• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girls: wax, shave, pluck.. what do you do?

when u wax that area do u have to have it long before you do it? i don't want to do that :p

Ok... update for all you first-time waxers from a first-timer who's no longer a brazillian virgin! (as of a couple of hours ago)

For all you Aussies out there you'll understand this expression: It's a piece of piss!!!

^^ In other words, not scary AT ALL!!! Not hurty!! Yay!!! :D

I was so nervous I was shaking on the table... let me walk you through it. The girl was really really nice and reassuring. She went quick. You whip down your bottom half and lie on the table, and bend your right leg up so your foot is resting on your left knee. She started to apply the wax before I could back out..... oh oh.... I thought. I've gotta do this now. So she's chatting away, and I'm grimacing, eyes shut, anticipating this great wave of pain coming... then ZIP! The first strip came off. It felt like a mild tingle, that's all. I was so relieved! It wasn't even nearly as painful as a bandaid coming off!

It was pretty discreet... I mean, yes, the poor girl MUST see everything, you're pretty much spreadeagled :D... but it's not as uncomfortable as you might think.

doofqueen - my hair was about ... half a centremeter long. I think you can grow it a little more than that, but you wouldn't want much more.

Anyway... on with the explaination.

The waxing went in a few segments: (please note the "pain" in these ratings lasts only 1-2 seconds at most)

Bikini line: 2-3 wax strips each side. Pain rating (out of 10): 5

Top of pubic bone: 4 strips. Pain rating: 4

Lips and just below: 2 stips, and a few 'clean up' strips. Pain rating: 7 (this was the worst bit - but still, only for a second or two)

Bottom: (yes they do that bit too ;) ) 2 strips. Pain rating: 2 (surprisingly, this was the easiest bit!!)

Sides of legs: a few strips with cloth. Pain rating:

Do you know, the worst bit was actually the plucking she did in between the wax strips! Because I'd previously shaved I had all kinds of different length hairs so she plucked a fair bit. It felt like someone pinching my skin between two sharp fingernails. But I just laid back and listened to the soothing new age music piping through the stereo and grinned and beared it =D

(I did polish off half a bottle of wine and had a panadol rapid before I went in.... whether this helped or not I dont' know)

Wow... it feels like I'm a baby... so soft. I most highly recommend! :)

well i use to only shave part of mine...till up to a month ago... i had been talking bout it with a good friend of mine and it was decided that photos...*yes i am an ehibitionist* ;) photos do look better with it all taken off of mostly taken off...

so i was in the shower one day and thought fuck it...why not...

it looks pretty good once i got use to it...but i am soo paraniod of cutting myself when i shave it...i mean i shaved every little hair off that area...EVERY hair..inside and out...

guys apprently prefer and thinks it looks better all taken off to...so i be told

the only down fall i can see from shaving it fully off is that after like 24 hours it starts to grow back and begins to be as itchy as a dam mossie bite 8( i persoanlly arent for walking round scartching myself... 8o

but i am fond of the non hairy thing and think my next thing is to get a brazilian done ;) it wont be growing back for a while now =D

slm....you have given me the courage to get a brazilian done =D good to know that you don't have to wait ages for the hair to be long too (i like to keep mine pretty tidy) ;)

I'm a plucker..it doesn't take as long as you might think, if you keep up on it. I usually set aside about an hour and a half to do a LOT. I follow with vitamin E oil to make the area nice and smooth. It doesn't even hurt after you've been doing it awhile. (Been like 6 years since I started that way). And since your removing the hair at the root it lasts awhile and you don't get razor burn.

what about ingrowns??

i fucking hate them. and i dont get them shaving so i'm still scared of waxing because of those nasty red dots. bah!

Waxing all the way. All the way off too. Trust me the first few times you go in there, terrified and you lie on the table sweating, but trust me, take it from someone who gets it all taken off every 3 weeks religiously, it is really not that bad, it gets better with time. I find that when I leave it longer than 3 weeks, its more painful when I go and get it done.

Trust me the pain in bareable!!!! ;)

Wax. Wax. Wax.

Waxing is for sure the best way to go - but you MUST get it done by a professional............
Doing it yourself will often break the hairs off, making the problem worse than shaving. Only another person can get all the right angles!

If the hair is too long it will hurt more also (so don't be frightened of the scissors - some beauticians do this for you, some don't).

The wax should be of the kind that doesn't need strips.

And NEVER,

NEVER get it done just before or (obviously) during your period.....
You're much more sensitive to pain at this time and it will hurt like hell, leaving you shaky and rattled for hours afterwards (*shudders at memory*).

I've also heard that caffeine beforehand can help increase your pain threshold.

:D

I have a very bad problem with razor bumbs and irritation also, but there aren't any places in my town that even do bikini waxes. That's what I get for living in a shithole.

I guess I'm going to try out the Nair approach and see how that works, but I'm almost positive I've tried it before.

I would try plucking, even though it would take a million years each time, but I'm so scared of ingrown hairs. That's even nastier than razor burn IMO.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a party and my best friend's girlfriend starts bitching about having to wax her legs. I have heard this one too many times, and was drunk and had just watched the Jackass movie.

I had to get waxed right there and then.

I even had it committed to videotape right there in the middle of the party, and have documented evidence that I did not even flinch. Granted, I had a couple of beers in me, but it is really no big deal either way ;)

(I did not make any female friends that evening though ;))

Anyway, go for the wax! I recommend doing it in a party setting, maybe a frathouse or something like that, it is actually quite fun =D

--- G.

I've always wanted to try waxing, especially brazilian wax. I've never gotten up the courage to go, though. I shave it all. I use this shaver called a "sensual shaver" and it works really well! To prevent in-grown hairs, before you shower you rub powder over the area and shave then get in the shower. After the shower, I rub baby oil over it. If you do it everyday, it only takes like 2-3 minutes.

Larr_E said:
What's brazilian waxing?

waxing it *all* off. like, even between your buttcheeks. i've never had it done so i'm not sure what all it entails though...

There isn't any place around where I live that does waxing, so I haven't had the opportunity. Even if there was somewhere around me I don't know if I would have the money or the courage to go get it done. I always shave mine and trim the rest. If I use my s/o's razor (a gillette mach 3) along with Nivea shaving cream, I never end up with any kind of irritation like razor burn. Although, if I put lotion on afterwards my skin tends to get irritated.

Pebbles said:
Well, for me, I only shave my bikini line, and trim the rest. I have found that if I shave my bikini line every single day and apply lotion afterwards, I do not ever have a problem.

That's what I do too. I have razor burn sometimes but ya know, I really couldn't give a fuck less. Just make it look half way desent so it won't gross somebody out----on those very RARE occasssions that I ACTUALLY do have sex----and other than that, I just figure it's good enough.

Just a little advice....Taking some ibuprofen an hour or so before you get waxed helps with the pain ;)

As for ingrown hair... anyone else tried TendSkin? I bought a bottle and it wasn't a miracle or anything, but it worked fairly well. But I had to apply it several times a day for it to be efficient... which is a drag.

My SO has some hair in between her outer and inner lips that she wants to get rid of but is unsure about what would be ok for such a sensitive area - any ideas?