• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Dealing with Middlemen: Hints/Tricks for avoiding it or paying less while doing it

I absolutely hate the process of acquiring drugs, especially Opiates and Benzos, because the dealers know they have us by the balls and you better fuckin believe they take full advantage. Most drugs, IMO Opiates included, shouldn't cost much more than food, which is cheap as hell. But dealers know they can charge more, they figure out exactly to the dollar what a user/addict will pay, and then that is what they charge them. Unless you have the long-time history or homie hook-up thing goin, which few do. I've come to respect a dealer that is always holding, nearly always on time, consistent high quality product, ideally more than one, who doesn't price gauge, but they are so few and far between.

I don't mind middlemen if they are willing to make an introduction after a few pick-ups... I don't mind kicking them down a bit if they don't make me jump thru hoops, try to make money off me, or steal from me. But like that elusive perfect dealer, so few people middleman in that style. And I hate it when middlemen try to make themselves appear as the dealer, when we both know they aren't.

The worst part about being a junkie is the full-time job that is scoring and maintaining your stash. I swear, sometimes it seems like at times I work harder at finding and acquiring what I want than I do at my "real" job.

Also, has anybody else come to the conclusion that soooo many doctors are just glorified drug dealers?

That's why I love open air markets. The prices never change, just the consistency, and when that changes, you can always go to another shop and cop.
& as for your last question - Yeah, I figured that out years ago.

Yea I would love some more open air markets here in Sweden. Of course it feels safer just calling a dealer and meeting him up in some secluded area but it also makes the hassle with middlemen much more prominent. As said, the dealers take full advantage so sometimes it would be nice to be able to just tell them "fuck your 10 minutes man I'm heading over there unless you get your ass over here".

Anyone else have the experience that heroin dealers are ALWAYS late. Always. At least those who sell speed usually show up on time. Unless of course, they get stuck doing something else and don't show up at all.

Yea I would love some more open air markets here in Sweden. Of course it feels safer just calling a dealer and meeting him up in some secluded area but it also makes the hassle with middlemen much more prominent. As said, the dealers take full advantage so sometimes it would be nice to be able to just tell them "fuck your 10 minutes man I'm heading over there unless you get your ass over here".

Anyone else have the experience that heroin dealers are ALWAYS late. Always. At least those who sell speed usually show up on time. Unless of course, they get stuck doing something else and don't show up at all.

From the phone connects that I have, yes. H Dealers are always fuckin' late, and it pisses me off, which gives me even more of a reason to cop in open air.
I'll ring my dealer 10 minutes beforehand and pull up to my dealers apartment building, in a shady ass neighborhood, might I add. Wait another 10-20 minutes for him to come out and serve me.
Usually, by the time he comes out, I'll see anywheres from 2-5 cop cars pass by whilst waiting.

Imo, it's much more convenient for me to cop open air. I'm in & out in 2 seconds, and I can always spot the tell-tale signs of when it's hot out.
No dealers on the block? Cops are out. Head to the next shop.

Well, the bags are by weight or they should be, at least. Each stamp bag should be .1 but of course they rarely are and usually come up a little short. But, considering that the dope we get here on the east coast is high purity, consistently testing at 75% and above (yes, 75% and above), well hey, I'll take the smaller stamp bags over a "bag of weight" that has been cut to hell any day.

In other words, you're always going to be at the mercy of the seller whether you're getting smaller bags of higher purity dope or sandwich bags of dope with a greater amount of cut. So, I wouldn't necessarily say that we're more at the mercy of dealers because we're buying stamp bags.

EDIT: Sorry Tommy. Just had to say that... now back on topic! ;)

I always see on Bluelight and similar sites people who use heroin on the East Coast like to think their bags are 100mg as a standard, however I have read plenty to indicate this is rarely the case and they are most often short. Obviously I have no experience myself and cannot comment in that regard, perhaps if you know the good spots/bags then they are consistently at or near 100mg. I am aware that ECP consistently tests at very pure heroin, that doesn't mean if one had the choice between the same purity gear in a set weight or random bags there wouldn't be an advantage to the weight...

I agree that one is always at the mercy of the seller in terms of what they decide to charge, whether they short you, how much cut they use etc. but I would argue that you are atleast slightly more at the mercy of dealers when a bag isn't of a standardised weight, they already have so much control you are really just giving them an extra way to have power over the customer. If a bag isn't a set weight then you can never really go complaining they are short can you.

I would of thought the best way to deal with middle men would just be to go to the hood and score your dope there and make some connects, I know this would depend on your geography to be possible but it seems like a number of people bitching about middle men are in relatively close proximity to open air drug markets. There are certainly risks with going into the hood and all that but I think if I had a habit I would be opting for that over relying on some sketchball who was using me to fund their own habit.

It is probably quite hard with a habit, but if you can try and always have some credit on your mobile phone. Over the years I have had quite a number of people use my phone to make transactions, and I would bet if your middleman is really sick and they can either call off your phone or wait an extra 5 minutes to drive to the payphone, they will use your cell. From there you can always save the number and give them a call, see if they are open to dealing with you. In my experience, even people that are eager to guard their contacts rarely think to delete the number when the deal is on, their mind goes straight to the soon to be acquired drugs.

Last edited:
@jess - ive been a chronic pain patient for near 10 years. it took a few years and many hoops to jump through and undermedicated for quite some time.

its definitely not the norm by any means for a 27yo to have such a regiment as such.

I always see on Bluelight and similar sites people who use heroin on the East Coast like to think their bags are 100mg as a standard, however I have read plenty to indicate this is rarely the case and they are most often short. Obviously I have no experience myself and cannot comment in that regard, perhaps if you know the good spots/bags then they are consistently at or near 100mg. I am aware that ECP consistently tests at very pure heroin, that doesn't mean if one had the choice between the same purity gear in a set weight or random bags there wouldn't be an advantage to the weight...

I agree that one is always at the mercy of the seller in terms of what they decide to charge, whether they short you, how much cut they use etc. but I would argue that you are atleast slightly more at the mercy of dealers when a bag isn't of a standardised weight, they already have so much control you are really just giving them an extra way to have power over the customer. If a bag isn't a set weight then you can never really go complaining they are short can you.

I would of thought the best way to deal with middle men would just be to go to the hood and score your dope there and make some connects, I know this would depend on your geography to be possible but it seems like a number of people bitching about middle men are in relatively close proximity to open air drug markets. There are certainly risks with going into the hood and all that but I think if I had a habit I would be opting for that over relying on some sketchball who was using me to fund their own habit.

It is probably quite hard with a habit, but if you can try and always have some credit on your mobile phone. Over the years I have had quite a number of people use my phone to make transactions, and I would bet if your middleman is really sick and they can either call off your phone or wait an extra 5 minutes to drive to the payphone, they will use your cell. From there you can always save the number and give them a call, see if they are open to dealing with you. In my experience, even people that are eager to guard their contacts rarely think to delete the number when the deal is on, their mind goes straight to the soon to be acquired drugs.

Yeah most ecp bags are far from .1's. NJ bags especially are usually pretty small. NY bags are probably at their biggest .07 or .08.

Middlemen are shady good for nothing fucks often enough. On the other side of the coin I middlemanned weed a lot in my younger days and did so for little more than gas money just so I could see my friends cross town and hang out for a few minutes. Coke middlemen are notorious assholes.

Last edited:
I think the whole "every bag is supposed to a .1" thing goes back to when people used to use the Mcdonalds coffee stirrers to measure bags, they were these red, plastic stirry things with a little perfectly round spoon on the end...Every scoop was a .1 and that's how people used to measure the bags, but that was before my time and I'm fucking 36!

I will say, when I first started in the late '90s the bundles were a lot more expensive, a bundle was looked at as a lot more dope back then than it is now, where I'm from...Sometimes they were really small but extremely potent...I'm talking 20-30mg bags, but 3 would have you almost falling out...Other times they would be huge, full rectangles at .1 or so but less potent..

And a few times, I've gotten bundles where the bags were at least .1 and the dope was just as good as the smaller bags for the same price. That was when people were dying left and right and the only time in my dope career that I think the bags were truly in the 90% purity range...Since then, I'll occasionally come across dope that good, but pretty much since 2000 it's almost never quite that pure...I'm not dicksizing or exaggerating but a few of the bundles I got in that 2 year window were fucking deadly, a bag would get 2 people with a habit kind of high and 2 was an OD....

Anyway, I think NYC has the biggest bags on the East Coast, but also the most expensive bundles...to this day....The bricks my friend gets in providence now the bags are like 25-30 mgs...and they've been the exact same bags for a couple years now, blue no stamp...It's really good dope, but pretty much everyone starts with 4 or 5 bags that has a habit...

I would say everyone needs 4-5 but we gave my friends younger brother and his girlfriend, who used to bring beers and an 8 ball over occasionally, we gave them a bag to split of those really small bags and they were both puking from 15mgs or whatever...Had to stay awake myself and babysit them to make sure they were okay, but I'm sure if they got high with us for 2 weeks, they'd be doing 5 bags too!

I will say that about myself, if I think someone may OD, I'll sit there and watch them like a hawk for however long it takes...If someone's been sitting there in a nod for 10 minutes, never leave them like that without rousing them out of it and making sure they're okay...I think a lot of inexperienced users see someone just nodding on the couch and assume that they're fine and then just leave, the beginning of an OD looks the same as being really high, just in case anyone needed to know! If you can snap someone right out of a nod and they can have a 30-60 second conversation with you without nodding back out, they're fine...but if someone is hard to get out of the nod and when they DO wake up they keep slurring their speech and keep nodding off mid-sentence, you better fucking stay their and watch them until they're past that stage, and keep waking them up to make sure they don't fall in too deep...

guess I'm in a lecturing mood...no sleep, two rockstars and 2mgs of sub!

Of the handful, id say 4 of the completely reliable guys whos cell or direct connect i had (man i miss when all the nextel walkie talkie wasnt like a seperate thing, made it mad easy) but the one guy was by far the best. Insane weight and quality, plus id channel so mucch biz his way if i was sick hed throw me a vial, and i dont mean id owe him, it was more or less gratiuity plus i saved his ass once when we were stopped mid deal. So from then in he loved me lol. He was black and mad ghetto of course just like all of them were, but being his main customer and having all my friends and their friends have to go thru me bc he was uneasy about meeting new ppl was great. Till he got indicted of course lol.

The effects of drugs are tricky. Middlemen aren't really a good idea from a business standpoint. And you would be offended/surprised at what the middleman is getting outta the deal. Especially when dealing with Heroin. NEVER HAVE A HEROIN ADDICT AS YOUR MIDDLEMAN!

I've dealt with middlemen n been the middleman. I'm a good person, I'm a extremely fair person. The drug world tho preys on good, fair people n will take advantage of ur kindness.

Anyway my middleman is a family member of mine's ex-girlfriend's brother in law. We always got along n when he moved to NJ I got him his drugs. Now I'm in St. Louis n I like to use Meth. He lives in a meth infested town in Indiana. It's a 2 hour drive but I don't mind (the drive back high is always quicker) we communicate thru phone to set everything up so when I get there there's no waiting around. I take care of my guy too, bring him food for his house (just left over shit from my house that I never ate or never will), plus bring him his cigars he likes n occasionally a bottle of whiskey. Now this is stupid n I don't recommend it but it's no hair of my back so I do it, I give him $20 just for getting me the shit. Once I have the meth I always give him a lil bit n plus I hang n we get high for a few. I'd rather give him cash than that lil bit of meth I give him because shoot I can get cash from the bank, I can't get meth easily. I know my guy is pinching some out before he brings it to me n I know he is pocketing some cash too. But hey that's all in the game, shouldn't do a drug that requires a go between.

I have found my own connections in Indy but I still hang out n hook up my guy. Never trust a middleman, especially one that's a Heroin addict. Especially someone that bangs/shoots everything. I never did needles. The middleman is always going to get over on you. ie, say u pay $100 for something, they are buying it for $50. Might be hard to believe but it's true. I was offended finding out my guy was pocketing half the cash, $20 more because I'm nice n some shit from his pinch n my gratuity.

Last edited: