• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Dealing with Middlemen: Hints/Tricks for avoiding it or paying less while doing it

I like this post. It brings up a topic I've often thought about with bitterness from both sides of the coin.

I used to really fucking hate middlemen. When I lost my first connection I didn't know where else to find heroin except to cop through squatters in Tompkins on the Lower East Side. I was 18/19 at the time, and pretty naive (not to mention overly compassionate, empathetic and forgiving), which lead to shitty deals, and sometimes being straight up ripped off. In fact, I'm ashamed to say, there was a good 5 month period about a year into my addiction where my chances of even getting anything out of my money was 50/50. Eventually I stopped fucking around with those crusty assholes who despised me because I didn't conform to their dress code, and found my own dealers.

After a period of time, when I built up a steady connection and a handful of back-ups for dope, coke and pills, I started to find myself in the position of middleman. Once again, I was overly compassionate, empathetic and forgiving. I'd always appreciated the risk's that my previous middlemen had taken for me in the past (at least, I did when they were honorable), and could not, at this period of time figure out why no one seemed to give a shit about what I was risking so that I could get them straight... My freedom. I even ended up getting arrested for one asshole, and when I got out of central bookings, he wanted his money back!

Sure Middlemen are a pain in the ass, are often broke and dependent upon more financially fortunate users, but they still are taking a huge risk and IMO deserve to be thrown a fair deal. When I was participating in these activity's to help fund my habit (or sometimes just to help someone out because I knew where they were coming from), I was often screwed- which was partially my fault for not putting my foot down. I feel a fair deal for a middleman is as follows:

-Person wants 1-4 bag-middleman gets 1 bag
-person wants 5 bags-middleman gets 2 bags
-person wants a bundle-middleman takes two bags, and assuming he gets a deal on a bundle (for instance, if he gets 10 bags for the price of eight), he keeps the extra two (or he just claims to not get a deal.)

-When copping multiple bundles, middleman should get at least 5 bags for every 20, as well as whatever he makes on the deal. This is only fair, because carrying this amount of drugs around can be some serious shit.

After the arrest I mentioned, I really stopped copping for people. I do believe that a middleman should eventually give over his connect, I did for several people for a small fee. However, middlemen should also be respected. They're the ones with the connect, They're the ones taking the risk, They're the ones who can take your money and fucking run off, leaving you sick, waiting for hours on some god forsaken stoop saying to yourself "five more minutes...five more minutes..."

-When copping multiple bundles, middleman should get at least 5 bags for every 20, as well as whatever he makes on the deal. This is only fair, because carrying this amount of drugs around can be some serious shit.
"

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. If someone are helping me score a month's or more supply of drugs, I don't mind paying them $80 as it's totally worth it to me, and they are taking a risk for you carrying that amount of illegal drugs around.

At some point or another in everyones "drug career" they usually find themselves having to go through a middleman, particularly if they aren't in a location that has open air drug markets.

What's your definition of middleman? Anyone not buying directly from the poppy/coca/cannabis farmer or from the laboratory synthesizing the synthetics is technically a middleman. All distributors are middlemen.

That tax that you are paying is supposed to be going to gas, and to avoiding risk, so when one of those elements is removed so should part of the tax, and when both elements are removed it doesn't make sense to be paying extra.

That's a strange concept to me. The tax is supposed to be for providing you access to the dealer, because if you could deal with the dealer yourself you wouldn't be talking to the middleman.

I don't think people should ever introduce people to their dealer or even discuss where they get their drugs from. If you find yourself in a position of having access to drugs and your friends don't, you should act like a dealer yourself, to keep degrees of separation between the sources and the end users.

Wow you pay 80$ extra just so they'd cop for you? That is really alot for something that (usually) takes so little time. I'd like to be your middleman haha.

Little time? If there's driving involved, as in most of the scenarios discussed so far, it's gonna take at least an hour to cop and then bring it to you. $80 for an hour is very little money for drug distribution; hardly worth the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most middlemen can be eliminated with a one time lump sum payment. Choose when it is most advantageous to you. ie when they are desperate offer cash/drugs in exchange for the hookup.

That's a strange concept to me. The tax is supposed to be for providing you access to the dealer, because if you could deal with the dealer yourself you wouldn't be talking to the middleman.

I don't think people should ever introduce people to their dealer or even discuss where they get their drugs from. If you find yourself in a position of having access to drugs and your friends don't, you should act like a dealer yourself, to keep degrees of separation between the sources and the end users.

yeah except most people arent dealers, and idk if youve ever told someone you could get them opiates before but it's more or less the worst thing you can say because they take that as a 24/7 call center.

Maybe that's just because I'm from Belgium and drugs are so easy to find around here. If you need a connect all you need to do is ask around a bit and you'll find one, paying for a connect is pretty much unheard of around here.

How does this not lead to the police simply asking around until they've busted all the dealers real fast?

I've done a lot of middlemanning in my time, and sure, I made free dope out of the deal, but I was always straight about it. If you were my friend, if you were sick or only had a little money and I was going to cop ANYWAY, I might just do it for you, depending on my situation, who you were, etc. I've gone out of my way helping people out when there was nothing it in for me, because I know how it is to be desperate and sick.
But usually, I wanted a 1/2 gram or 5 bags, straight up, no matter how little or how much you're getting!! If you're buying 50 bags, I want 5! If you're buying 5 bags, I want 5! I did it to my best friends but I was always honest about it!
I'd get you whatever you needed for cost, but I need enough dope to make it worth my while. I always had at least 2-3 dealers on call so there was'nt much dicking around which is why I had a lot of people go to me. It's true, some of the dealers were willing to meet new people, and if I trusted you and liked you I'd hook you up! But some dealers just preferred for me to come everyday and buy for 3 people at a time.

It takes years to build up connects! I'm not gonna just give up the number to any Joe Schmoe/weekend warrior! If you're only gonna come once a week and you're a suburban white kid that would probably talk if you got busted, the dealer probably doesn't wanna fuck with you anyway!

It's just funny, some of the strategies on how to get around middleman! If I'm dopesick or gonna be dopesick soon, and you're trying to get me to go cop a brick for you and you wanna play games and give me 1/2 bag, 7 dollars and 3 dollars worth of gas, guess what?! "I'm sorry, this brick only had 45 bags in it! I dunno what happened"....I hate people that seem to think I should stop everything I'm doing, hop in a car and go get them drugs in a dangerous, sketchy area, while I have a dope habit and wanna get high, and then, come away from the whole deal with no H for myself and 7 bucks! I don't risk prison for 7 dollars!!

You're better off, tell the middleman up front that you'll buy them what they need but you wanna meet the guy if that's possible. Tell them up front that you will take care of their needs, and you're a lot less likely to get shorted or ripped off!

Or, actually walk around these areas, find the dope dealers, ask around, have some balls! That's what you have to do!

I think you all are making this too complicated (not that its bad info, just complicated).

what I've usually done is buddy up with the middle man, wait till they're sick/fiending/whatever and offer to buy them an extra bag or something to meet the dealer.

when I middle man I charged them all extra bags +$10 gas. of course gas can be a bag as well. so an example would be if they were spending $100, my dealer does xxx bags for $xxx so I would get either 5 bags+$10 gas or 6 bags. i would only middleman if I were getting at least 2 bags not including gas money so a minimum of $40 for their purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have just heard that in the US it is really hard to buy poppy pods. In the UK it is easy. I know 4 decent sites that sell only to the UK. I thought it could be a good money maker. Be a middleman to US poppy pod users. Buy them, deseed then, grind them and mail them over. I bet you could make a pretty penny there.

How does this not lead to the police simply asking around until they've busted all the dealers real fast?

Well, it's usually a friend's dealer or simply a friend of a friend who can hook you up.
I didn't mean asking random people on the street. :D

If I know I'm getting middled hard, I'll just follow the person to their connect and steal him. Sometimes it takes a while for the guy to give you a chance, but with enough money and people vouching for you, I've stolen plenty of connects.

The best is when your dealers use you as a middleman ;)

Actually just got a twenty for about five dollars worth of gas.

2 ways of workin w middlemen: 1st you can do (recommended) is to deal yerself. That means workin up the drug ladder to find those connects like doctors or pain patients or whatever yer into nd gettn drugs/scripts off them. There ya go prob solved. Or 2: fuck w people that have what yer lookin for so you know more people and can 'pick' yer middlemen.

Everones got them cuz yer doc ain't prob the only drug you wanna do. Shit I still gotta throw someone some extra dollers for gettn me a bottle of vodka cuz I'm only 19 now that shit sucks.

Ha!
I was just reading this thread earlier tonight, preparing myself to have "the talk" with my "middle-man" who is also a good friend. I was surprised because of our friendship, but heard the same ole "she doesn't want to meet any new people...", which I've been in the car with her during transactions on several occasions, and she and I were even to the point of being on a "hello, how are you <name>", "good to see you", type of pleasantry bullshit.

Anyway, this connect would constantly have to drive from across the state-line (~20-30 min) to be the mediator, and MOST of the time he got absolutely nothing out of it. Except to protect his DOC from being bought from underneath him by me. Luckily, our DOC is two different drugs, so I never understood it anyway. But thats just how big of a benzo-head he is.
FINALLY, after reading this thread, ready to talk to him, waiting on his call that "shes ready to meet", I instead get a text with her phone number. WTF!!

He told me this was the first time he had ever done this, but that this lady's benzos were always to be considered first dibs to him no matter what. Whatever!! I could care less.

Anyway, there isn't much that I'm adding here except for the story, so pardon me if that's not cool in these parts.

I guess the lesson to take away is the other alternative, make your middle man your friend and wait until he gets tired of the drive and finally gives the number up.

THAT having said, I WAS a little terrified over at her motel room. Her son and his two junkie friends were shooting dope and or roxys in the back of the room, which I have NEVER taken part in, let alone SEEN before... so, a little scary - as others had commented was a worry of theirs.

^

I'm not surprised that your middleman got tired of doing the running around -- it sucks, man. I hate having to be the middleman, and I'd much rather just vouch for/introduce my friends to my dealer. I like getting free bags, but I hate having to run around here and there and everywhere else just for a few bags.

I'm lazy, man. I'd rather stay at home and think of some way to come up with a little bit of money to go score on my own.

Im lazy myself, and meeting him before/after was always as big of a chore for me as it was him, if not moreso for me, considering the main lady we use lives a few minutes away from me. So that meant either waiting on his ass to get to my side of the city (one of those 5 min = 30 min guys) only to still have to drive out of the way since he didnt want me knowing where she stayed. Or, when he'd be lazy and make me drive the 30 min to his house and wait on him to make the hour round trip drive (again going to a spot minutes away from my house), and then still have to make the haul back home once he arrived.

& of course with him being a huge benzo addict, I could never trust that he had actually contacted her, seeing as how he spends most of his days drooling on himself in his grandmas basement passed out on K-pins and Xanax.

Rant over.

Now that I have her number (typical CPP with govt assistance who lives on methadone and sells her opana/roxy/xanax to pay her weekly motel rate, feed her son's heroin addiction, and her boyfriend's alcohol addiction)
all is forgotten at this point.

But anyway, I will add that it took every bit of a year of friendship (met for the first time as he being my middle) to get to this point.

Dealing with a middle-man

I'm still a little new to this forum, so forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere or is not the correct thread to ask. Just let me know, and I'll fix it.

Ok... So, I moved to a new city several months ago for my job. I really haven't gotten high lately, mainly because when I do I like to go on a 2 day binge or so. I've been so busy that I haven't been able to do this much (last time was back in March). I'm ready to have a good session soon though. Here's the thing... I really don't have any contacts where I live now, except through a buddy of mine who I had sessions with before, including the last time. We would get our stuff from his contact, but I could never get the guy's info. He told me to just contact him through my buddy. I think he's paranoid about new customers or whatever. At first, I didn't care so much because his stuff was good and I wasn't getting anything frequently.

Anyway, it's about that time for me and I want to get at this guy, but I can only get him through my friend. My issue is that I don't want to have a session with my buddy for reasons I won't get into here . He'll probably be offended at first and will almost certainly want a "cut" for being the middle-man. I don't like it, but I've accepted this will be the way things go down. Has anyone had to deal with someone like this or YOU have been the someone like this? =D Lol If so, I'm just wondering was if there is a standard "cut" percentage or something? I don't know if it depends on the drug also. My DOC is coke (crack/rocks), and I usually go for 2g on up depending on time available and my $ situation.

Thanks in advance for your help. Again, sorry if this isn't the right spot to post this question.

If faced with a middle men (i mean to a degree most all dealers are middle men), whatever deal he offers you, even if you think it's good, have an instant look of disappointment and a "jesus, really?" look on ur face. And if ur lucky, u just bartered without actually bartering, and got a better deal.

If you have other middle men to go to, you can play them off each other. Get a lousy deal from one that won't nudge, don't txt for a couple weeks and ur next deal might just be better.