Bluelight

Thread: Good, non-addictive anti-anxiety drugs ?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Good, non-addictive anti-anxiety drugs ? 
    Do these exist?

You see, I don't want to take benzos - I don't want to take anything I could become dependent on. I need to stay away from *anything* addictive - no compromises.

2. Collapse Details

Look for GABA at the health food store. It really works for promoting a relaxing state. I took it for sometime after I stopped a anti depressant. I had no anxiety attacks while on the medication.

Drugs that act as allosteric modulators of GABA receptors (known as GABA analogues or GABAergic drugs) or increase the available amount of GABA typically have relaxing, anti-anxiety, and anti-convulsive effects.[36][37] Many of the substances below are known to cause anterograde amnesia and retrograde amnesia.

A number of commercial sources sell formulations of GABA for use as a dietary supplement, sometimes for sublingual administration. These sources typically claim that the supplement has a calming effect. There is some disagreement as to whether or not these claims can be backed up scientifically. For example, there is evidence stating that the calming effects of GABA can be seen observably in the human brain after administration of GABA as an oral supplement.[47] There is also evidence that GABA does not cross the blood–brain barrier at significant levels.[39]

There are some over-the-counter supplements such as Picamilon that cross the blood–brain barrier as a prodrug that later hydrolyzes into GABA and niacin.

source

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    gabapentin and pregabalin are fairly decent, and have a much lower liability for abuse than benzos.

4. Collapse Details

Personally, i find aniracetam works rather surprisingly well for anxiety. It doesn't last more than a few hours, but also doesn't impair cognition in any noticeable way. Supposedly it works through the 5ht-1a receptor, dopamine receptors, and atch. I take it daily with alcar and citicholine and it works well enough that i could replace .25mg etizolam in the morning for anxiety as that was unsustainable and diminishing in effectiveness. I feel it has potential for anti-depressant affects too, at least in my experience. Daily aniracetam and 2-3x weekly noopept has really improved my mood/anxiety and at the same time focus, memory, and mental stamina. Nothing more i could ask for in an anxylotic really, if it was more effective in anxylosis it would be damn near perfect. Not everyone responds the same to it as i do though. Still it drastically reduces the need/dosage for traditional gabergics to help with anxiety imho, while not causing, and i think counteracting some of the mental impairment that comes along with alot of anxylotics.

Magnesium supplements can calm the nerves as well. Great for sore muscles, and a wound up mind after a long day at work. Taken before bedtime it can help with sleep as well.

I also used honokiol extract from magnolia bark for several months, and it did work rather well for anxiety. Its a gabergic (gaba-a) I think i may just revisit this one and magnolia bark extracts, kinda forgot about them until just now.

Lemon balm, more specifically the rosmarinic acid in it acts as a gaba-transaminase inhibitor, basically doing what maoi's do to monoamines, with gaba. The tea of fresh leaves of it tastes great, and i use it infrequently for stress/anxiety to keep tolerances for everything down. I'd say it has anti-depressant effects as well imho.

Kava is good, but i find its a bit more harsh on the body than other natural/less addictive alternatives to benzo's. I enjoy it on occasion, but it can be a bit too much an leave a nasty hangover if you over do it. At low doses though, its a mild anxylotic though. A bit too sedating for me personally. And its not good for your liver to consume daily or in large amounts imho/e.

Picamilion looks interesting, and I've always wanted to get around to trying it.

5. Collapse Details

Great advice, thanks guys! aniracetam, picamilion and GABA sound good! Daytryptr, I forgot how relaxing lemon balm tea is.

6. Collapse Details

Anyone had experience with Ashwagandha?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by velmwend View Post
    Anyone had experience with Ashwagandha?
    Will be ordering some tomorrow, let you know how it goes. I doubt it will do much though as I have a massive Alprazolam tolerance.

8. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    My advice: green or black tea (hot preferably, and not too strong... relaxing if done nicely - green tea should be prepared like any other herb tea, avoid boiling water because it destroys the "good stuff"), mild sedative herbs like catnip, lemon balm, mint, chamomile, and so on (tea made with hot (NOT BOILING!) or fresh herbs eaten raw). Magnesium supplementation may help too.

Valerian root can be an OK sedative/anxiolytic too.

Hot showers and baths can do a lot for relaxing the body and mind - especially if you have some mineral bath salts to add to your soak. (not the fucking "bath salts" that are stimulanting - I mean Epsom salts). Mangesium is actually absorbed transdermally so just dump a few tablespoons of epsom salts (magnesium sulpahet) into your bath and have a good soak. You'll com out loose and limber and hopefully quite relaxed.

Try to get the right balance of sleep and activity. Physical excercise may help a lot if you are primarily chairbound most of your day.

If you eat a lot of junk food, or eat poorly (less/more often than you should, or lack of vegetables and fruits), dietary adjustments can help. Also be sure to take vitamin supplements, doubly so if you are a vegitarian/vegan.

I have heard rumours that buspirone (5-HT1a partial agonist among others) is sometimes Rx for General Anxiety Disorder. The literature reports it's fairly effective but I have hard everal people tell me it's shitty. But docs also rx are things like hydroxyzine that are essentlally just sedative-hypnotics for anxiety, so take that with a grain of salt. Corollary: try diphenhydramine or promethazine.

Kava Kava is a GABAergic like a mild version of alcohol/benzos - it would form dependency but nowhere as severe as benzos do.

GABA itself has only mild peripheral effects, but it's worth a try to see if it works for you. Picamilon & other true prodrugs may be more effective.

Ashwaganda has been found to be just as effective as lorazepam in rats - that may help too.

Another more obvious way to repair your problem is discoover what your stressors are and work to confront them.

Whatever you do stay off the benzos
    Last edited by sekio; 26-08-2012 at 11:41.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    if you're gonna go the RX route i think baclofen is vastly preferable over all the first gen. antihistamines. they do very little for me, wheras baclofen produces a noticable anxiolysis, that still feels nothing like a benzo, and i'd venture so far as saying that baclofen has about no addiction potential, yet produces none of the negative side-effects i associatiate with shit like hydroxyzine and promethazine.
    however, regular long(er) term use of baclofen will result in a withdrawal syndrome comparable to alcohol, benzos and GHB. i don't know how far tolerance is a problem (apparently tolerance doesn't build to its spasmolytic effects) but yeah.

i should probably add that it takes rather high (75-150mgs) doses of the stuff to notice anything at all.
    Last edited by xxxyyy; 26-08-2012 at 13:49.

10. Collapse Details

I've found Gabapenten to be a wonderful little Swiss Army Knife of a pill. Ive never found it to be addictive in anyway. It works for neuro pain, anxiety, depression, warms you up, I was able to take it as needed (though, I don't recommend this as I'm not a physician), it helped me gain a little weight and gave me a nice, fuzzy-but still clear headed feeling. I could sleep on it, it wasn't speedy, nor did it make me drowsy. I loved it, but after a few years of being on it, it made my gums recede as many ni-convulsants do. I stopped taking it because if that and my mouth returned to it regular pretty state because I guess I ceased using it quickly enough after noticing that. I've heard thy kava kava can be relaxing. I, personally found it too sedating so I never took it more than twice. Having said tar, I don't ave much knowledge or experience itch kava kava. Just be careful taking kava or valerian root with other drugs. Dangerous results can occur mixing them.

11. Collapse Details

Low dose ketamine works wonders.

12. Collapse Details

Doctors will tell you buspar or wellbutrin but really there is not one. Benzos of all kinds are the best for this. Just don't get carried away with it. I have been on xanax at a high dose 4 2mgs a day and detoxed with kolonipin quite painlessly.
    BTW for real anxiety do you guys really think that these natural supps work?? I'm skeptical.

13. Collapse Details

Other Drugs

السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    ^Yes, and when you say "real" anxiety, it's downplaying other people's mental health conditions. I'm guessing you meant for severe anxiety, and yeah, supplements can still help, they may not solve the problem, but any anxiolysis is welcomed.

14. Collapse Details

some great stuff to be going on with here. Hmm..."Real anxiety", haha. I suppose what you're referring to is different levels of anxiety. I can see that. Unfortunately I'm one of these people who's mental health problems have caused innumerable problems in life, but the scripts have too. One of those frustrating scenarios. I can't remember the last time I had a proper sleep but, do you know what - after 3 years prescribed zopiclone, I found 500mg spirulina an hour before bed to be more effective for me. How mad is that! One example of the many surprising and wonderful excursions into the natural world.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunno View Post
    Will be ordering some tomorrow, let you know how it goes. I doubt it will do much though as I have a massive Alprazolam tolerance.
    That would be great, dunno.

16. Collapse Details

Sorry, yes I meant "severe" anxiety. I worded it wrong.

17. Collapse Details

Other Drugs

السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    Definitely worth giving it a shot.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    Doctors will tell you buspar or wellbutrin but really there is not one. .
    Jeez Louise, Wellbutrin was like dirty speed for me. I'd be up at 4:00am on a work day combining fuckin bottles of shampoo together to "make room" while cleaning obsessively. I vacuumed the walls on that stuff. For me, it was as far away from an anti-anxiety medicine as one could get! My house looked amazing though. Ew, and Buspar...I was given that once with Serzone aka Nefazodone (both new meds, both started at the same time-bad idea, btw) and I hallucinated for about 8 hours straight. It was like the strongest LSD I ever had and one of the worst trips ever. When I worked in Pharmacy years ago, this combination wasn't known to be dangerous as they were both brand spanking new, however, I personally warned a few people about the combo. Some patients ignored my warning, as Im not a doctor and they later relayed to me that the same thing happened to them. I know you didn't say that combo, but my person opinion is to be totally suspicious of Buspirone aka Buspar at all costs. Again, I'm not a qualified doctor, just someone with some pretty strange luck. You know those "<2% of the population reported these symptoms..." kind of warnings? I'm that chick that's skewing it. I'm the 2%er of drugs.

See page 9. http://packageinserts.bms.com/pi/pi_buspar.pdf
    Last edited by Stacianica; 27-08-2012 at 00:39. Reason: Link for support

19. Collapse Details

I think I saw Sekio mention lemonbalm. I've seen some studies that show it has some appreciable affinaty for GABA a receptors. I'll see if I can dig a link up.

20. Collapse Details

What is a good dose of Ashwagandha to produce an anxiolytic effect?

21. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    20-50mg/kg of standardised glycosides would be a good starting dose based on the studies in rats
    No idea how much fresh plant that would be. Probably a lot. That's like 1.5-3g of glycosides, so probably several hundred grams of root. (I'd make an extract!)
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

22. Collapse Details

Skullcap is a very powerful herb I can recommend trying. I am not sure about specific anti anxiety affects, but a quick skim of the topic and a page I searched makes it sound viable. As well as my personal experience. I found it like a light benzo that does not overpower although I only made tea from it once or twice.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sekio View Post
    20-50mg/kg of standardised glycosides would be a good starting dose based on the studies in rats
    No idea how much fresh plant that would be. Probably a lot. That's like 1.5-3g of glycosides, so probably several hundred grams of root. (I'd make an extract!)
    Does this look legit? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ASHWAGAND...item2a10457a18 How do I extract it?

24. Collapse Details

I am full on benzo addict. Shrink still gives me Klonopin (Generic) and Temezapam for sleep. They do not trigger my necessity for the X. But that's just me.

Full Disclosure: And I'm on a a couple of bags of snorting dope daily.

Have you tried the klonopin or is that off limits?

25. Collapse Details

I'm on valium and take up to 40mg for a "bar" like effect but usually if I want to rid horrid shit with panic or get a buzz... good for a comedown...
    I'm prescribed 20mg a day and that I can feel and even one does the trick for taking side effects away from high high dose amphetamine.... I took 200mg dextrostat in the last day or so, but the valium, makes me feel normal... If I get tense I have one right here waiting... one too soon if nt needed will put me to sleep due to long half life and even on 70mg dex tabs, four valium put me to sleep over it,

now xanax for me i dont feel as much... it is much more recreational.... valium only feels good up to 40mg after that to me its just either the same or I fall asleep... I could waste it and take a lot like 10 and it would... but then like last month I'd fuckin look very impaired (I live in a motel).

The speed probably keeps me sober, but i am takin the valium in reasonable doses....

when i run out of dex (I have a script for 240 more just need to get it ordered....) takin 1/2-1 10mg tabs of val will all I need, thats weird to me... how diazepam hits fast and hard but celings its effects it seems.... to put it in a way that tries to make sense... and such a low dose to a veteran speed.//benzo/opiate ((I am down to 12 and today 8mg suboxone so 20-30 extra I have to sell..... every month I'll say I take two but take 1 and get 30 to sell.. that could be 200 easy since i dont pay for it. Thats a nice price but i dont want to discuss this and break the rules..... i shoukd raise suboxone back up to 3 films........ lol sell 60...
    i wouldnt need a job....

I did however yesterday (130mg dex sorry ramble ramble) have my friend that I trust with all my life.... shoot me with a hooked up bag, of dope....... whole bag... Last time I did that I did half in the muscle half later in the vein.... suboxone blocked it but it did add to the benzos... this time.... o my God I got high and never need to try again... I took x amount of xanax idk how much,.... 3 bars maybe 4... plus 30mg valium but was on speed too not a lot like 4...

It took a min to get thru the suboxone... the bupe I mean, but it must be good shiti or a fat amount last time suboxone fuckin blocked it twice as much on 100mg diazepam and 1mg alprazolam... this time all i remember last was askin this guy and girl my friend... (so glad I met this person in IOP shes a friend I feel like I can really be myself around and not feel judged or worry about getting screwed over..... samme music same issues... met her in outpatient group therapy... she still u ses but I pray she gets onto methadone soon, which saved my life.... she is a bluelighter and I will find out who she is one of these days..... I just forget to ask.... she'd know if she read this...

anyway got side tracked... my eyes are closing after speed... tired... wtf I am gonna snort one and go to walgreens and get a free baby syringe to plus the dex.... plugged 3 (double vision man o man) after getting them wet for easy dissolvation lol thats not a word.... it is now...

I'll get back to the topic in a min.... need to snort a pill.... just cuzz i juost at 6 in pieces... time is flying but im sedated like lol........ best combo ever I wamt to try this valium with meth, or desoxyn he would give me... or id try with crystal meth even crack would be ok to try another time... no side effects.... lol just rip that fuckin choreboy.... A fat line of cocaine would be nice if siht got bad eat my sonata,,,

pill time.... even mushy from spit plugged was time released to to speak with no tools...... 20 subs 50 bucks and 30 a month, i could save an addicts life.... what magic it works for me.... i aam sellijn 15 sonata for 10 bucks....

but sonata is a benzo like drug 1hr duration then wam wears off...... so i mean.... im scared to take it nightly.... he will switch to temazepam if i say listen sonata is good late night but this shit aint good for 5 plus hrs of sleep plus temazepam inhibits rem sleep... can u ujse it for anxiety tho?

ok op i know u dont like benzos use valium tho or librium, something long half life... valium is so gentle 5 to 7.5 or 10 mg once a day is nothing A ten is .5 ALPRAZOLAM with a 24 minimum hr half life.... use 5 twice a day mg i mean... if one 10 dont hold u all day oor a 5.... for sleep if needed due to rem inhibiting effects of diazepam or any benzo use fuckin temazepam 10mg or 15.... sonata is good great even, as needed... wont keep you asleep tho biut its cool cuz getting up at 8 means u can take it at 5 and not be groggy... diphenhydramine makes me wake up and not only from bad dreams but makes me hungry like all antipsychotics do....

nothing wrong with dependency man to a long acting minimum dose benzo....... if u ever wanna quit taper......... taking diazepam daily addds to the biuildup in the body look at the 36-200mg active metabolite... first day i always take 5.... 2.5mg alprazolam, xanax = 50 md diazepam...... triazolam is nice like sonata... same thing tho rebound... i want temazepam so i can use it for anxiety and for nightly insomniia. i am gonna take 2 sonata now and see what happens.... can it be used for that? on valium it will flood the fuck oout of my gaba b val does both a and b.... ill look it up... ifwater soluble its powder ill shoot or plug or snort it....
    can u plug diazepamm

i didnt mean shoot sonata, zalepon, i meant snort or plug.

just go with the benzos man.... id do val libruium or k-pin all = to 5-10 once or twice daily as needed, even daily is ok... once in 10-15 days abuse is fine especially with comedowns.... can be done up to = doses of 40-50mg diazepam aans librium idk, kpin i know is 2.5mg..... so once
    ''
    '
    '
    '
    '/
    '

'i want meth or coke bad now with myshit,,,,,,,,, valium... sonata trial here i go even before i read irt im gonna eat 100mg dex or 40 plugged or 50 snorted so sonata will kick in then after i lay back and say ooo fuck ill stick it up my but and save teh day.... im bout to make mony savin fellow addicts.....
    Last edited by benzoheadplus44; 27-08-2012 at 16:26.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast