View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

plugging 5-meo-DMT

<SpaceHead>

Bluelighter
So I have some 5-meo-DMT freebase that I absolutely love. To me it's the most spiritual drug. I don't like smoking it as much though because it causes more anxiety and comes and goes too fast to be able to integrate. So I discovered I could snort a 6-10mg chunk and get a deeper slow moving experience which is beautiful, but snorting the freebase causes all kinds of weird burning in the sinuses and clearly isn't the healthiest thing.

So I tried plugging but it was inactive. How would I go about converting my 5-meo-dmt freebase into a pluggable form? I did some research but didn't find any reliable answers. Would dissolving it in white vinegar do the job? Or do I need to get some hydrochloric acid? I was also wondering if its possible to make a pluggable form of N,N, DMT from the freebase.

What exactly was your method for plugging the freebase? I hear plugging something like AMT freebase is successful so it doesn't seem to be a rule of thumb for freebase compounds. Maybe you didn't reach the part that has more blood vessels lining the sides? Maybe it was absorbed by faeces?

It's possible converting it will give it significantly increased absorption, yes. And vinegar contains acetic acid which should be suitable to convert 5-MeO-DMT, as would citric acid from a lemon or other acids. Clear transparant compounds have my preference though (in general kitchen chemistry), if only because it allows for better visibility of what is happening in your solution.
The freebase will probably float on top of (a ml of) water. IDK if you have milliliter syringes, but let's say you do. I'd use a little less than a ml of water, maybe 0.7 ml because the acid and tryptamine will take up some volume. I'd add your available acid to the water dropwise and stir to allow the 5-MeO-DMT to convert and make it water-soluble. Add another drop if needed and stir again, repeat the process until done. If all of the 5-MeO-DMT has disappeared it has to be either sticking to the sides of your vessel/container (only traces) or dissolved in the water (majority). Then you should be good to go.

Maybe holding off until you actually hear from other BLers who have successfully plugged this and can help you with dosage or preparation method adjustments is the smart thing to do though.

I'm surprised you did not mention 5-MeO-DMT scorching your bunghole.

When plugging, you really need to get that syringe/delivery vessel further up there than you would think.

I never thought to try snorting or plugging 5-MeO-DMT but you have really sold me on the timeframe alterations. I will be following this thread and if no one gets around to trying it / posting information, I will give it a shot.

i have a couple experiences with plugged 5-meo-dmt citrate(converted from freebase). The dose is higher than smoked IMO.
Regarding how long up the ass the syringe goes.. Only 3-4cm.. Allmost no bodyload and +1 hour experience :)

no? If you put it up further than 8 inches approximately, it will be broken down by MAO. Most of it will bypass first pass metabolism if you keep indside the lower 8 inches of the rectum

^interesting - do you have a source to confirm such a claim? and given that people come in all shapes & sizes, i think it's safe to assume the "eight inch rule" is hardly universal. not saying you're completely incorrect, it'd just be nice to have a few guidelines/instructions to follow should i ever decide to plug any given chem. by way of syringe.

You don't have to worry.

Really the concern is delivering the drug to the rectum, where fluids are rapidly absorbed (it's basically a huge version of your sinuses) rather than the sigmoid colon which precedes it (end of the large intestine)

Unless you are plugging with a garden hose you shouldn't have to worry.

^interesting - do you have a source to confirm such a claim? and given that people come in all shapes & sizes, i think it's safe to assume the "eight inch rule" is hardly universal. not saying you're completely incorrect, it'd just be nice to have a few guidelines/instructions to follow should i ever decide to plug any given chem. by way of syringe.

Well.. Read it here on BL actually. Here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/629174-Plugging-dmt-(possibly-with-Syrian-rue)/page2
I know it isn't a legit source but it makes pretty good sense I think

Have you ever tried to use it sublingually?? I thank it may be what you are looking for.

Since my silly little post (though entirely rigorous in spirit) has been linked to in response to the above post as a source, for the sake of the community I feel I should plunge into rectal knowledge -- balls deep. Actually this took me about 5 minutes to find and format for your viewing pleasure ...

Here's a link to Wiki's rectal administration page.

Take note of their mention of the rectum's venous drainage into the middle, inferior, and superior rectal veins.

Now look at this picture, superimpose it over your own butt hole by the power of imagination, and estimate inches:
Gray585.png

^what a complicated system here!

but i've got an interesting query: does the urethra and/or bladder contain some of the same mucous membranes that the rectus does? and if so, could any given drug be administered urethrally? doubtful i know, and i would imagine if @ all possible - the bioavailability would be to such a lesser extent nobody would warrant this method effective/practical. more or less just wondering for sciences' sake. given the importance of the bladder & kidneys in metabolism, it seems like a toss-up.

so how about it, can i squirt a syringe of DMT (or anything else) up my cock (or vaginus) as an effective route of admin?

That's a boundary i don't wan't to break, even if it was 10 times as potent!

^what a complicated system here!

but i've got an interesting query: does the urethra and/or bladder contain some of the same mucous membranes that the rectus does? and if so, could any given drug be administered urethrally? doubtful i know, and i would imagine if @ all possible - the bioavailability would be to such a lesser extent nobody would warrant this method effective/practical. more or less just wondering for sciences' sake. given the importance of the bladder & kidneys in metabolism, it seems like a toss-up.

so how about it, can i squirt a syringe of DMT (or anything else) up my cock (or vaginus) as an effective route of admin?
I wouldn't know if it works but I can imagine the burning pain. No thanks

I think pretty much all mucous membrane surfaces in the body allow substances to pass into the bloodstream of the vessels serving that tissue. Osmosis. Hence over dilution slows absorption.
In my experience the most effective hits via rectal admin. have been achieved not too far in, so to speak. This is sometimes uncomfortable, particularly with dissolved freebase tryptamines. Too much vinegar/acid and you are in the torment zone. Too little and ditto. Undissolved freebase is not pleasant on contact with any mucous membrane in practice.

Careful dissolving is key. Add vinegar/acid drop by drop (titration). Stir after each drop. While there is still undissolved freebase material visible, draw it up, shake the syringe, place it somewhere slightly warm (say an airing cupboard near a boiler unit) and walk away for half an hour. Shake it again later and with luck, you have minimised the potential discomfort. It's the kind of pain that encourages a rapid refinement of technique. I soon worked it out for the particular tryptamines I have as base (DMT, 5MeO-DMT, DPT, 4HO-MET, AMT). I usually aim for a 5ml volume if possible. I quite enjoy the sometimes powerful onset that stronger solutions can drive.

The advantages over smoking are kindness to respiratory bits, and moderated onset of effects. In the case of DMT, it is usefull for high dosages when pre-dosed with 300mg of Moclobemide. The absence of nausea is a big plus.
Peace - Pipp.

Last edited:
Alright someone needs to try that ASAP just for the extremity of it. I sometimes question what I'm doing with my life when I'm standing there with a syringe hanging out of my asshole plugging psychedelics, I can only imagine with a needle inside your urethra...

I sometimes question what I'm doing with my life when I'm standing there with a syringe hanging out of my asshole plugging psychedelics

LOLOCAUST!! yeah i'd say that's a pretty opportune time to recollect on your lifelong accomplishments.

I must admit, I don't think it's especially good HR to advise people putting syringes in their urethra. It must hurt quite a bit :!

^Ever heard of urethral "sounds"? They'll basically metal straws you shove up there. They get progressively larger as they stretch the width of the urethra out, until you have a windsock for junk. A friend who used to be into body modification told me that dudes lube up the sound and masturbate by ramming it up their repeatedly. These people would make fine candidates for the proposed experiment.
58353-1313090395.jpg

I've never had and issue, but if you're worried about it I think the fastest way to get a butt friendly RA solution right is just to buy some pH paper and make sure your solution is in the 6 - 8 range. Use citric acid (available at grocery stores as a preservative for canning fruits) to dial down the pH and baking soda to send it up as needed. Don't use vinegar with baking soda unless you want to make a tryptamine volcano for the school science fair (or at least just add one slowly to the other and you'll be fine).