• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

What is the best & most idiot-proof way to make this tea?

Also don't blag me here, I have tasted many bad RC's (4-HO-MET being the worst thing I have ever tasted, close behind 3C-E / Escaline) but how bad does it taste when brewed up?

Edit - I personally like the taste of snorted Zopiclone so I got some weird tastes, I am just thinking the tea must be quite rank when it's brewed up, I am just going on my gut feeling on this one though.

I can only gaze in envy at F.U.B.A.R.'s display. His piss is obviously the best plant food known to science. He should bottle the stuff and sell it!

Heh, it's the result of a lethal mixture of vodka, Karpackie and Frosty Jacks. Fucks yer liver, but feeds yer plants. :)

Fuckin wind last night took its toll though - half of them are at a 45? angle now...

What is the best & most idiot-proof way to make this tea?

Also don't blag me here, I have tasted many bad RC's (4-HO-MET being the worst thing I have ever tasted, close behind 3C-E / Escaline) but how bad does it taste when brewed up?

Edit - I personally like the taste of snorted Zopiclone so I got some weird tastes, I am just thinking the tea must be quite rank when it's brewed up, I am just going on my gut feeling on this one though.

I personally would recommend my method - but then again, I'm biased. This produces a quite pleasant tasting brew reminiscent of lemon tea. Just don't add milk and suger...

Take a quantity of dried pods (actual quantity to be determined by experimentation), seeds removed (saved for next year), crushed with pestle and mortar, but not to a fine powder as that is too difficult to filter. Add a mug full of water and some lemon juice and simmer in a pan for 30 minutes or so then strain through a fine cloth. Drink. I find the taste rather pleasant and as it hasn't been ground too fine there is very little plant material in the juice to make you gag. After an hour or so, repeat the process with the residue in the cloth. I find no unpleasant aftereffects using this method (though YMMV) and experience a very nice opiate buzz for 4 - 6 hours which is easily potentiated by a little weed.

Disclaimer: this is from someone who now has zero opiate tolerance and just likes a little treat at harvest time. A total skaghead like you Mr.Bandit, would likely derive very little benefit from the procedure :)

Last edited:
Ive had pods that look like the ones above, some smaller, some bigger. Mostly been at a similar potency for me luckily. I blend the whole batch into a semi fine mixture to get even doses each time. For me If i want a nice glow for the day and boarder on the sedative effects I use 5g of dried pod mixture steeped in nearly hot water for 10 mins then strained thru a coffee filter, drink and repeat to get the most out of the material. No idea why 45g of pods didn't work for the above poster. That would likely kill me with the pods I have so BE CAREFUL!

Me, fubar? whyever did you suspect me? was it something I said or did?

Yes, both morphine and codeine are highly water soluble as salts (excluding some of those salts formed by reaction with a base, yes, forming a salt by adding a base is possible in certain circumstances, specifically, from phenols, because a phenolic hydroxyl (-OH) group (a phenol is a benzene {phenyl} ring with a hydroxyl group on it, as an alcohol is formed from a non-aromatic carbon chain or ring), they can form salts with bases, as long as the base is strong enough to deprotonate the parent phenol, since the phenolic -OH moiety is much, much MUCH more acidic than an alcohol, the parent compound phenol itself, I.e hydroxybenzene, is acidic enough to cause physical burns to skin and flesh)/

This can be put to advantage, by using a calcium base, to form the insoluble calcium morphinate, the phenoxide/phenolate salt of morphine, and to precipitate it out of solution (you know what they say, if you're not part of the solution...you're part of the precipitate=D) once one has first leached the ground up pods with dilute acid, doesn't need to be strong, you want a non-oxidizing acid, hydrochloric being ideal for the purpose, since it will facilitate stripping the inorganic fraction from the calcium morphinate, plus the phenolates of the rest of the phenolic alkaloids to be found in poppy pods.

After its been extracted, and the codeine removed (and saved, obviously, for say, catalytic hydrogenation to dihydrocodeine then demethylation with 30% hydrogen bromide (anhydrous) in glacial acetic acid, 2 hours, 90-100 'C, about 95% yield of 6-monoacetyldihydromorphine (reaction performed on codeine on the other hand IIRC gives a thebaine derivative), or either the codeine itself used for demethylation using pyridine (stinks to high fuck, a real gutwrenching filthy stink, is also what you'll get from pyridine, it smells absolutely foul, think the nasty smell in methylated spirit, magnified a million-fold and then some more just for the fuck of being a sickening olfactory sledgehammer to the testicles, yields are at best around 30%, and thats if done well.

And whilst I've never tried it, apparently near quantitative yields can be had by using sodium or potassium dodecanethiolate in combination with potassium tert-butoxide, thiols are also known for being real awful stinkers, but dodecanethiol is somewhat less nasally abusive than the lower weight thiols (which stink like rotting flesh mixed with shit and putrefying onions/garlic/leeks and carry like an outbreak of ebola in a crowded, sanitation-less african slum, one hell of a potent stench, they use either methane/ethane or propanethiol, I forget which, might vary country to country, in tiny amounts to stink up natural gas so it has warning properties in case of a leak, not so objectionable in the very, very small quantities in house gas supplies, but concentrated, the lower and mid-weight alkanethiols are truly disgusting)

I've read papers that give very high yields, but others have tried, and failed, I believe the trick is in choosing the right solvent. DMF (dimethyl formamide) might do it, possibly acetonitrile, or hexamethylphosphoramide (the latter is carcinogenic, so be aware, and one will need a good vacuum pump to strip either DMF or HMPA), I've yet to experiment with that route personally though.
And as far as OTC opioid precursors go, dihydrocodeine is my current 'thing', if you get my drift.

Disclaimer: this is from someone who now has zero opiate tolerance and just likes a little treat at harvest time. A total skaghead like you Mr.Bandit, would likely derive very little benefit from the procedure :)

I was planning on doing my rip on them but it sounds like it will be of no value sadly.
Thanks anyway

I reckon that IF you found a supply of good quality pods then they would definitely take the edge off a rattle mate, but finding a decent dose is time consuming and takes a lot of effort - just what you don't need during withdrawal.

I really need to read this thread from start to finish.

We're thinking about growing poppies in the back garden. they're so pretty ( and multi purpose ;) )

Ive had pods that look like the ones above, some smaller, some bigger. Mostly been at a similar potency for me luckily. I blend the whole batch into a semi fine mixture to get even doses each time. For me If i want a nice glow for the day and boarder on the sedative effects I use 5g of dried pod mixture steeped in nearly hot water for 10 mins then strained thru a coffee filter, drink and repeat to get the most out of the material. No idea why 45g of pods didn't work for the above poster. That would likely kill me with the pods I have so BE CAREFUL!

yeah I know, it's weird. Maybe the pods I get are just bunk.

Sometimes I do feel something - it hits my head, a bit like being tipsy - but nothing special - and the hangover/constipation side effects suggest there must be something in it. But I couldn't describe it as a high or an analgesic at all really

I don't down the tea all at once though. By 'nearly hot' do you mean not boiling but still very hot?

Last edited:
I've never found the tea more fulfilling than a spliff. All these warnings about starting small means I end up running out of pods before I can go large. Going by the current size of this years 'crop' it's going to be the same again this year.

I need F.U.B.A.R. pissing in my garden. That's a request I never thought I'd make of any bloke!

I've never found the tea more fulfilling than a spliff. All these warnings about starting small means I end up running out of pods before I can go large.

Hardly some Fent analogue cooked up in some "Eric-esque" lab in China is it?

What the hell ever happened to that guy anyway? Chances are after his little feature in the paper his in some terrible jail for 60 years breaking rocks with his hands.

You think that is a bad thing?

Damnable bastard from what I've read of his work. Cranking out poor quality knockoff shite. And fentalogues? not sure if he did, but if he did then I'd stick some of those rocks up his...well I'd say the sun never shines there, but if he is responsible for knocking off fucked up fent derivatives, I'm pretty much hoping he's somewhere that applies to the totality of the area around him.

And maybe smack him round the chops for being a chinese guy called 'eric'. Chinamen aren't meant to have names like 'eric' =D

Damnable bastard from what I've read of his work. Cranking out poor quality knockoff shite.

His "work" came my way before & turned my fingers purple.

And maybe smack him round the chops for being a chinese guy called 'eric'. Chinamen aren't meant to have names like 'eric' =D
lol, well yeah I agree with you there. He should have taken the name of something like Wung Nong Fu, the master of Praying Mantis technique, cult master of wudang mountain

Hardly some Fent analogue cooked up in some "Eric-esque" lab in China is it?

True, but i have OD'd on poppy tea, and it's a truly horrendous experience. Because of the longevity of the tea, i found myself violently ill and bedridden with a pounding headache for over two days.
Fucking nasty.

The warnings aren't just for the sake of covering ourselves or payibg lip-service to harm reduction.
I misjudged the potency of an opium extract i made once, and boy did i regret it. It was about as acutely ill as i've ever been in my life. Definitely not something to be complacent about. And definitely do not mix pod tea with benzos or other downers - it can be just as dangerous as stronger opiates in combination.

As for how to dose pod tea; my preferred method was the old "wash and toss" method - grind the pods up really fine, and blend into a sort of tea with some lemon juice to taste.
I would then wash all the gritty grinds down, as not to waste anything.

The added fibre was beneficial in coming days as well, if you catch my drift :)

Spacejunk trust me I have seen some things in my time ;)

Someone say projectile vomit shoting out a good 10 foot every 20 seconds till the guy had nothing left in his stomach & even puked up his stomach lining.
Someone collapse & go into a massive seizure on the floor from shooting potent gear after just getting outta jail & turned blue while foaming at the mouth

etc.....etc.......

Actually, Chinese guys called 'Eric' are more common than you might think.

During the first decade of the millennium, I worked in the quality control department of a large mobile phone accessory company that sourced all their products from China (in fact, if you bought a Bluetooth product during that period, chances are I would have been responsible for approving it for sale). Therefore, I had a lot of dealings with the Chinese manufacturers. I soon learned that it's standard practice for the Chinese to adopt British names when conducting business with us, and for some reason, 'Eric' was a popular choice, as was 'Anna' for the women...

thanks for the explanation guys. I'm adding some lemon juice to the brew to see if that helps

Didn't feel anything at all from last night's brew, and that was about 45g of crushed up pod powder! Perhaps I'm immune to the stuff :eek:

these are pics of the two batches. First are giant pods, presumably P. Somniferum. The second are from a different florist - much smaller with pink seeds. Perhaps not mature, or a different strain?

2v965pe.jpg

2d2d3eo.jpg

I'm virtually positive now that your pods are immature, by several weeks.

Several of my plants got dashed in the strong winds we had a couple of weeks ago, which meant I had to chop them early. The pods were still bright green and flaccid, indicating that the seeds had not developed fully.

I left them drying in the sun for a few days and the drying action forced the pods to open. The seeds contained within were a pinky orange colour (see image below). I don't know if these seeds are viable, but they got discarded.

It takes a good 4 - 6 weeks for the pods to mature fully once all petals have dropped. If you're buying yours from a florists, then no doubt they will harvest them way before that time. Hence your pink seeds.

I have no idea at what stage in this process latex production is at maximum, but I'm pretty certain the pods need to be left to develop until they feel turgid to the touch.

Having checked other pods at varying stages of development, I can confirm that the seeds start off white, then pink, orange, brown, dark grey/black.

Last edited:
Never knew that. Although isn't 'anna' more of a russian than english name? Or eastern european, rather.