• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B Thread - Stage 2

I combined 2C-B with 4-HO-MiPT once and it was a very fun time with strong visuals. I imagine it with 4-AcO-DMT would be similar but more serious/spiritual/deep.

Xorkoth, I have taken 2c-c up to 80mg. Anywhere from 30mg to 80mg. I could go definitely go higher, but I don't have too much material and I really enjoy the stuff. It's a costly trip, but some things in life are priceless. I find 60mg to be excellent - very euphoric, with a decent visual component, much more psychedelic than I was expecting from something often overlooked, while offering an interesting and unique headspace. That is the amount of the HCl that I'd take if I were going to take it tonight, or with my girl. I never experienced nausea or any side effects either, although I'm not too bothered by bodyload (within reason) as I suffer from chronic pain anyway. The experience was always a little cold and mechanical; it definitely didn't feel natural, like something like 4-ho-met would for me. My emotions weren't blunted, but they weren't potentiated very much either by the 2c-c.

I know the Shulgin's used 2c-b alongside Mdma for psychotherapy and to me it makes sense that it would be a little warmer, like your take on it. That sounds really sweet!

For 2c-d, I haven't experimented with doses as high yet. I took it several times around 10mg as a sort of psychedelic study aid (I actually found it worked quite well for that purpose, I could be having slight visuals at that dose, a nice body high while helping me focus and also to make associations while learning that I normally might not see, I am a very visual learner). For 2c-d, I'd take 40mg if I wanted a nice short trip off it. I don't have as much experience with 2c-d at moderate / high doses.

So I just got into phenethylamines other than Mdma around the end of 2015, and I haven't taken them since as I had several trips and tried many new things that year and felt like taking a good break. My recent light trip with 4-ho-met was just great. Does 2c-b still have a nice headspace to it? Also - wow, I thought 2c-b was much more potent than 2c-c, almost double the potency. They are more in line with each other in terms of potency? I have the hbr salt if that makes a discernible difference. We are not exclusively taking it for eroticism but also to have a nice time on a little vacation, and we'll probably spend quite a bit of time exploring a nearby city and just talking.

Had a great night out on 2c-b with many friends on this past friday. I took 25mg of the HBr orally and didn't puke! I think what helped was making sure I ate a pretty filling and balanced meal about 4 hours before and didn't eat after that. I didn't get the heavier bodyload I get from taking it orally sometimes, got the nice energetic trippy high that I love! Could have been set and setting, maybe also that I began exercising ~3 weeks ago. Who knows, done stuffing that crap up my nose though.

Also, I made the nasal spray! Here are some thoughts...

I made the ratio of water to non-iodized salt to 2c-b so that each spray would have roughly ~1.25mg. Just enough salt to make it close to the nasal ph.

I only hit it maybe 2 or 3 times since the 25mg orally surprisingly got me good and dandy. The initial, instant discomfort from the spray was definitely helped by having the salt in there I think, before I made the solution I tried a squirt of just plain water up my nose and it was quite uncomfortable.

It's definitely much better than snorting tiny bumps, much less pain. There is a bit more drip through and there is a brief burn from it, but it goes away quickly and its not so bad since the throat is a bit more hardy than the delicate music membranes in the nose. I imagine its less painful since it has already been dissolved in water and doesn't need to undergo that process in the nose.

Everyone seemed to agree it was much better than plain snorting. So worth it. The device is a bit bulky and annoying to have in your pocket all night though.

Great night. Great show, then hung out with everyone back at our place and listened through music, drinking beers and smoking weed until 8am.

Does 2C-B combine well with LSD or 4-AcO-DMT at all?

I've done it on LSD a couple times. I think getting the dose timing is tricky. Every time I've done it, its been well into the LSD trip, then we starting doing bumps or dose the 2c-b. I think the tolerance created by the LSD is pretty strong, because its pretty subtle what the 2c-b adds, definitely just more energy. I think if you took them at the same time, or in a way that they both really hit at once you'd be better able to experience them combined.

I had my first ever (what I would consider) to be a ++++ experience with this substance,

I think that it was a once-in-a-lifetime tyoe thing and that if I took 2c-b again it wouldn't happen.

It was, by far, the most spiritual experience of my life. There was so much entity contact I don't even know where to start Complete synesthasia.

I can barely type today, I'm pretty shook up b it.... I mean, I feel like I met God. This is a reallyy seriously and sacred material for me, that I will forever hold dear to me. Nothing - and I mean nothing - has ever camr even lose

The visuals wer were so strong I couldn't walk I had the sense to lay down and tel a family member I was taking a nap. teleported, man, I teleported... I saw things that were beyond words, I guess I'm sensitive to this one or something. I'm really shook up todaay. It was the deepest and most spiritual psychedelic experience of my life. I feel that my their eye was blasted off its hinges : )

Seems to happen when you least expect ir.

Wow, crazy, I can't imagine having that sort of experience on 2C-B. How much did you take?

Wow that is wild, usually that takes over 100 mg of 2C-B i think... Am also interested to hear how much it was and the circumstances and nature of the entity contacts etc.

Planned on taking it today but had to get some other things done so probably tomorrow. I have powder that is pink-ish and pills that are supposed to be about 15 mg, apparently a little variable. Not sure what I'll do but probably I will take enough - I used to be quite pleased with 35-40+ mg.

Yeah 35+mg is where it needs to be for me.

I'd love to taste 2C-B again.

I don't know how this was catelyzed, that will always be a mystery to me, but I believe it was my turn for the stars to align. The material was produced with loving hands and graced to me for free - and by surprise, like it was just my time. Also, I never would have come across it if I hadn't decided to quit sniffing heroin habitually (long story...)

I hadn't really tripped in over a year. I went with erowid's middle ground dose of 30mg, so not even that much! It's straight up 99% powder though and I took a nice chunk. Bear in mine several tabs of good acid, quarters of mushrooms, 40mg 4-aco-dmt, 80 mg 2c-c - nothing came close to this. I personally think it's because I consumed 3 tablespooms of raw cacao nibs before the trip!! And because I had zero tolerance - but I'm clearly sensitive to the compound, and there was just good karma all around.

it was so intense I trashed my house for a while stumbling around. Made it outside for some cold air. Opened all the doors in winter. It felt like a more warm version of LSD at this point, I was enjoying it but the visuals were getting stronger by the minute. A family member was on her way home and she could NOT know about this. I looked at my phone for the time, but I couldn't see the phone. All I could see were geometric fractals - beautiful patterns - and auditory hallucinations too (for the first time).

My voice was echoing and all sounds were amplified. She arrived home and immediately asked if everything was okay. Luckily, I had thesense to know to stay home (I had my jacket packed with my health card, a jar of valium, and jar of dillies... lol.

so I managed to hold a conversation with her, convinced her I was napping and indeed okay, lay down, and this is when I lost touch with reality for the next 6 to 8 hours. I experienced hallucinations about the worst case scenario (my family raiding my stash, and taking me to the hospital) - which didn't happen of course, but I actually experienced it happening. I saw myself on the front page news: psychedelic madman!!! I knew at this point to ride it out : )

The entities I first encountered were very formal and business-like. It seemed like they were somehow running the universe and very, very busy in an immaculate, bright white business complex. I was in a hustling and bustling business environment. But it was so psychedlic. It was like I was observing the mechanisms of the universe itself, the chemical reactions, the physical interactions - but they were entities in business suits making exchanges and hand shakes with one another! Some had horns etc... it's weird cause I'm sort of anti-establishment...

Keep in mind that before this happened, the visuals had built up to the point that I could no longer see or hear anything around me. The visuals turned into a bright white blazing light, and that's when the visions started. I believe this is known as a "breakthrough."

i've never been convinced about the Third Eye until now. It was literally wrenched wide open. I'm pretty sure I could see out the back of my head. It was fucking chaos. One hell of a trip. The information overload became so extreme that I "broke through" into clear white light and the beginning of a long vision quest...

at the climax, i was in an area that was nothing but bright light. There was a dining table and nothing else (the whole experience kind of had a hospitality vibe to it, like I was in good hands). Sitting with me were three Beings who I could tell were of utmost holiness. They were in white robes, had 3rd eyes open, and like hindu gods and goddesses.... or holy men. Their eyes twinkled, smirking at me with delight. I knew I was in the presence of those to hold with utmost respect, perhaps Gods or Bodhisattvas. I sat with them and drank tea, and I plunged back into my body laying on the sofa. I think it was 6 hours later.

I was really shook up today and had a bit of a headache, but that was a life-changer right there. I wasn't asking for it like I sometimes do, I just got it. Oh, the mysteries of this grand universe of ours! There are sound things science just can't seem to explain. Maybe it's the 5ht3... doesn't this one interact with a rather novel receptor subtype?

Barely made it to vacation with my girlfriend today but it's been really nice. I've never needed a filet mignon and fois gras so bad hahahaha, some virgin seasors and a little speed... oh and cheesecake : )

Last edited:
That's nuts, on 30 mg! That really makes me want to try a higher dose of 2C-B, haha. From what I've read about it I've always suspected that it would have the potential to be really special like that, in the right set and setting.... You should definitely feel lucky to have such a sensitivity. :)

Does 2C-B interact with 5-HT3? I'd be interested to see any actual scientific data on that, I've been curious about how that receptor might interact with psychedelic activity myself. I also have been able to find some studies saying that DMT binds there, and bufotenin (5-HO-DMT) even more strongly.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

I really wasn't expecting it to be like that, but I knew there was somehow something special about the compound.

i believe it has binding affinity associated with 5-ht2c over the more general 5-ht2a receptor, although physics is more my thing.

I seem to be more sensitive to it than most psychedelics. I certainly look forward to experimenting with it again! Especially in nature : ) It was a really powerful trip and my energy is different today - jovial, lighthearted, more serious about my goals. I feel blessed to have it.

Had 30mg plugged the other day. With a 50mg booster a couple hours in. Things got real fuzzy real fast. I forgot just how much I liked it :D

FWIW - those are stupid doses, please don't go that high. I have years of experience.

80mg? How do you not suffer so many body load side effects from those dosages?

With 33 mg today it's nice and sensorically intense as I like it but sure, it's shallow so that was I was not what I was going for today

I hope to have some more time for the real but its getting hectic

Last edited:
80mg? How do you not suffer so many body load side effects from those dosages?

I've never taken it nearly that high, but I have never had even the tiniest bodyload issue or physical discomfort on 2C-B, from up to 40mg. I think if I took 80mg of any 2C-X, it would probably be 2C-B.

I reckon if I'd taken it any other ROA besides plugged it would've been physically unbearable but yep, pretty much what Xorkoth said! I'm guessing staggering the dose helped, I wouldn't go for 80mg in one go...

For what it's worth, I've taken 2C-I at 80 mg and had one of the physically lightest trips of my life, no side effects and tons of euphoria, despite getting a shaky and sweaty body load at 25 mg and 40 mg. Sometimes body loads are weird like that.

That is good to know - there's probably so many variables at play when it comes to psyches / set / setting / sensations and what not.

FWIW a light dose of 2C-I was one of the most jittery and anxiety inducing trips I've ever had, don't wish to repeat it.

I can't believe (well I do believe you) that 80mg of 2C-I was physically light with no side effects. if I take it even to 22mg, I start to get some serious stimulation side effects. I feel like 80mg would kill me (probably wouldn't but there's no way I'd ever even begin to approach that dose of 2C-I. 2C-B, yes).

I feel you guys, I was pretty concerned about how stimulating such a high dose might be. When I was looking at it while getting ready to dose I started thinking about it and my whole body started shaking, I had to wait fifteen minutes or so just to calm down enough to convince myself to take it. The crazy thing is though, there was no real simulation at all - in fact, I felt somewhat sedated. I was so euphoric that any movement would send immobilizing ripples throughout my body, so I spent the whole thing just lounging around. The visuals I had were soft and not in my face at all but still strong and vivid, lots of beautiful neon colors in paisley patterns and cubist perspective shifts. And even still, no confusion of any kind at this point. It was great really, I'd do it again if I had the 2C-I.

That experience has prompted me to do a lot of research over the years, and I've actually read a lot of interesting stuff about how psychedelic behavioral and neurochemical effects in animal studies can have bell-shaped curves, meaning an effect first appears and then disappears again as the dose increases. There is even a good amount of literature about them producing stimulation at low to medium doses and sedation at high doses, and I've seen people claim this to be the case on various drugs, even like 5-MeO-MiPT in the 30+ mg range. So, maybe if the body load is just based on stimulation, that can just vanish in really high doses depending on the drug and individual?

Last edited:
Maybe some part of body issues or stimulation is due to proportion of activity on different receptors and while there is a general lower threshold for activity, taking high doses perhaps changes those proportions not too unfavorably. Other possibilities are perhaps that some activity distracts or numbs. I know something like MDMA can be numbing or 'painkilling' but I don't know about for example 2C-I.

2C-D for a full on trip would require similarly high numbers of milligrams, which I find interesting since certainly not everybody takes it that far, but I also find it really discouraging to have to take so much from a toxicological standpoint. Mescaline of course requires even more and while it has a long history of human use going for it and supposed safety, I find it suspicious and high doses not a perfectly great idea for those reasons.

2C-B acts on 5-HT2C but at 2A it's pretty atypical. Either low affinity partial agonist or even antagonist. I wouldn't think a potent antagonist either way because it's not like it combines badly with something like LSD. So, why would 2C-C be any different? It's probably a 5-HT2C agonist too but maybe it is more normally efficacious at 2A. 2C-I would be a similar question, only it's a step in the other direction in terms of atomic radius of the halogen.

All of this could raise completely different issues when it comes to high doses, overdoses and toxicity associated with it's primary activity (like NBOMe's just seem toxic from unreasonably strong activity at 2A, although it is quite possible this is made worse with the imbalance from being selective for it - if that turns out to be true, combining an NBOMe with 2C-B might make it more rather than less safe).

No idea what the fatalities are associated with 2C-X that are not 2C-T-X, and what the cause of death is.