European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Millionnaires have some more money

Glowing aaron

Bluelighter
Anyone seen the budget, top rate of tax to be cut to 45% and pensioners get hit hard, personal tax allowance up great but the rich are going to benefit from this budget more than anybody, scandalous.

What do you think?

I think cutting the top rate of tax fucking stinks whilst the UK's still in the shit, but to be fair he has jacked up stamp duty on £2m+ houses and closed the loophole that stops the rich registering properties in company names therefore paying 0.5% stamp duty and jacked that up to 15%. The petrol situation is an absolute joke, then on the other hand he's raised the threshold of tax for bottom earners so as is the norm, it really is a case of swings and roundabouts. Things that affect one person mean fuck all to another so it depends entirely on your circumstances and point of view I suppose

The stamp duty is a good move, 15% up from pretty much nothing is good. It does stink that someone earning a million pounds a year will be something like 40k better off while many people are having child benefit and working tax credits cut who are pretty much just scraping by as it is. 3p a on a ltr will hit the low earning very hard. As a Tory budgets go its not too bad for your average tom, dick or harry certainly could be worse, but giving Millionaire pound earners an extra 40k surely cant be priority in time of austerity.

Well they did raise the threshold for tax, not that that many people seem to care about that. To be honest I think it's the middle who always get fucked. They are the ones who got their tax credits taken away, and they are the ones who end up paying more tax whilst losing services.

Dropping the 50p tax rate might seem ideological to you, but it does have it's roots in common sense. The tax take this year amongst that group of people was lower than last year, and it will be lower next year if we keep chasing them away. Money is fluid and they will just fuck off to another country. I don't blame the rich for not wanting to work more than half their week for other people, I wouldn't. It's not like they are going to get that tax back if they end up going bankrupt is it? Every pound you add to their tax bill is another pound they have to spend on an accountant to avoid taxes.

The stamp duty is a good move, 15% up from pretty much nothing is good. It does stink that someone earning a million pounds a year will be something like 40k better off while many people are having child benefit and working tax credits cut who are pretty much just scraping by as it is. 3p a on a ltr will hit the low earning very hard. As a Tory budgets go its not too bad for your average tom, dick or harry certainly could be worse, but giving Millionaire pound earners an extra 40k surely cant be priority in time of austerity.

Totally agree, can't see the justification in it. When (if ever) the country gets back to normal then he can put it back down to 40 or even less for me, because in principal, I don't agree with the 50% rate - if I was lucky enough to work my way into a £150k+ job then I'd be well pissed off handing half of it over to the state, unfortunately we don't live in 'normal' times so I think it's right that the rate should have stayed

Yeah but it wasn't increasing the tax take, so it was a futile gesture to appease the masses who have the mistaken belief that anyone who earns over 150k MUST have caused this crisis. I wouldn't mind so much if it was actually working. It's a bit like when Thatcher took over all over again. When she took office top earners were paying an effective tax rate of 99p in the £ - so they just weren't paying it for the most part. Those who were paying it, had no money to reinvest and create jobs, so the economy stagnated.

a lot of cunts voted Tory.......................this shit was always gonna happen.

These fuckers privatized all our utilities, we are now paying through the nose for Gas and Electric and these companies post BILLION pound profits each year..........

something does not quite add up

^Perfect example of someone who is completely biased. Totally focused on the one way the rich benefited from this, whilst ignoring the fact they lost loads in stamp duty, tax credits, and that the poor pay much less tax now than they ever did under Labour. It would have obviously been so much better for all of us if we had allowed failing industries drag our entire country to the dogs.

a bit like when Thatcher took over all over again. When she took office top earners were paying an effective tax rate of 99p in the £ - so they just weren't paying it for the most part. Those who were paying it, had no money to reinvest and create jobs, so the economy stagnated.

Tax rate was 83 per cent and consequently the gap between rich and poor was much narrower than now.

And they just weren't paying it? So we give them a tax cut as an incentive? Do you agree on the same principle for dole fiddlers? Pay them a bit more as an incentive not to fiddle?

No, thought not.

Tax rate was 83 per cent and consequently the gap between rich and poor was much narrower than now.

And they just weren't paying it? So we give them a tax cut as an incentive? Do you agree on the same principle for dole fiddlers? Pay them a bit more as an incentive not to fiddle?

No, thought not.

Not listened to the Beatles Taxman before then? I was wrong, it was 95%. My bad. Yes, it makes sense to give them a tax cut because we are competing with other countries for higher earners. We aren't competing for unemployed people... Please read what you write before you post it next time.

the 50% tax rate does make our economy less competitive because it does move people with high expertise to other countries, but across Europe fiscal policy is being tightened, and i would expect most Governments in the EU will certainly not be decreasing tax on its top earners anytime in the near future. Personally i would of liked to keep the tax rate for a few more years untill the recovery was on stable foundations and everything was looking a little brighter. But we are still in a period of uncertainty and to give the richest a massive tax brake during such times does grate against me.

Selling off all our gas reserves was another Tory stroke of genius.

Mr Blunt Tory Cunt-ry dweller

Selling off all our gas reserves was another Tory stroke of genius.

Mr Blunt Tory Cunt-ry dweller

I don't see why you have to act so butt hurt because someone disagrees with your politics... anyone would think I pissed on your kids at Christmas. The difference between me and you is that I can see both the good and the bad the Torys have done, whereas you are completely blinkered and ignorant to the good.

What good have they done?

I haven't had time to sit down and read the budget so can't comment on that yet ..

What good have they done?

I haven't had time to sit down and read the budget so can't comment on that yet ..

They have raised the tax threshold by about 3 grand... increased stamp duty on high value properties... stopped rich people owning properties in company names, thereby closing a lucrative loophole. But hey, the rich benefited in one way because it was common sense to cut that tax, and all of a sudden it's Tory's being Torys. It's almost as if they can't win with some people, because they refuse to think for themselves. They vote for who their parents voted for, and so will their children. What a flourishing democracy lol.

the 50% tax rate does make our economy less competitive because it does move people with high expertise to other countries, but across Europe fiscal policy is being tightened, and i would expect most Governments in the EU will certainly not be decreasing tax on its top earners anytime in the near future. Personally i would of liked to keep the tax rate for a few more years untill the recovery was on stable foundations and everything was looking a little brighter. But we are still in a period of uncertainty and to give the richest a massive tax brake during such times does grate against me.

My point exactly, and I voted for them

I don't see why you have to act so butt hurt

I object against the use of the term 'butt-hurt' because I'm not American, but if I were, I'd point out that you're certainly not immune to getting 'butt-hurt' at the drop of a (City trader's bowler) hat yourself. So let he who is without sin... etc. ;)

And with that, carry on.

I don't see why you have to act so butt hurt because someone disagrees with your politics... anyone would think I pissed on your kids at Christmas. The difference between me and you is that I can see both the good and the bad the Torys have done, whereas you are completely blinkered and ignorant to the good.

I live in Scotland. List the good the Tories have done for Scotland. ......................................silence?

They have raised the tax threshold by about 3 grand... increased stamp duty on high value properties... stopped rich people owning properties in company names, thereby closing a lucrative loophole. But hey, the rich benefited in one way because it was common sense to cut that tax, and all of a sudden it's Tory's being Torys. It's almost as if they can't win with some people, because they refuse to think for themselves. They vote for who their parents voted for, and so will their children. What a flourishing democracy lol.

None of which would have happened if they hadn't only received 36.1% of the vote and been forced into coalition with the Lib Dems.

My parents vote tory and always will - despite being disabled, unemployed and living in social housing. If Thatcher's decaying corpse was put up at the next election they would be delighted...

I despair...