• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana ER is being pulled off the shelves by the FDA

They are coming out with a new formulation, yes. But so far, only the 10MG XR tablets have been made. The original formulation is still making its rounds to the local pharmacies. The new abuse resistant ones still haven't made it to my area. All of the opana's I've come across, have been the original formula. Whether it's me just acquiring them from someone, or taking a family member to get their Rx filled... it's been all original formula man.

So in short, no... the new formulation is not being shipped to my area.

actually, they have reformulated more than just the 10mg ones, I can vouch that at least the 20mgs have been reformulated by now.

I have a few of the new 10's they r round and under the coating the pill looks like opaque plastic. I could use sandpaper and an electric drill rigged up to sand down the ops to make a fine powder but my attempt with these new opana didn't work the same way so they are definitely different. I used a razor and cut one opana 10 into very thin slices (took a good amount of time) and now i'm experimenting on small portions of it with different Liquids and techniques to see if I can defeat ths new formulation. Water obviously gels the pill still but I tried it any way just to see. Alcohol doesn't work either anymore but the gel seems to be just as nasty as the ops.

I'm going to try the microwave trick that seems to be effective for ops and see if that works, then gonna move to some solvents like acetone or meh if I can get some

Last edited:
That's terrible my friend! Gas prices are getting outrageous.

You should ask your doctor for the MS100s, I have been on the 60s and the 100s. I HIGHLY recommend, seriously I can't stress this enough PLUGGING YOUR MORPHINE. It almost triples it's BA and it FEELS like 10x stronger.

I'm on MScontin 60mg, how is plugging compared to IV?

Ok I tried the browning in the micro I put it in there for like 14 minutes and it only got really hot. Just as reference I normally nuke an op for 7 to 9 minutes to get a whole pill browned this opana was maybe a fifth to a quarter and it didn't even start to brown. What I did do that I thought may have had a little effect was putting a little bit in a spoon and put a flame underneath till it started to brown. I then put the spoon in the freezer to cool it off. Once cooled I added some water and mixed quickly and sucked up the water through a cotton. I used a rig with no needle attached and the liquid was not gelatinous at all.

Couple of things to mention, first the liquid didn't taste bitter (the pill shaving don't either). Second I didn't enough pill to feel a rush even if I managed to get all the Oxy m into the rig. And third the remainder of contents in the spoon did turn to gel by the time I was done.

All in all i'm not sure if it worked but if someone wants to try this on a larger scale and confirm or deny if it works be my guest.

One last thing the heat from the lighter under the spoon may have destroyed the Oxy m i'm not sure on the heat it takes to destroy the molecule but it was short duration with back and forth repetition just long enough to brown.

I only have 2 more tens so I wanna try some other stuff like acetone to see if that works. If anyone else has any suggestions let me know and I'll try them if I can

Last edited:
I just went to my pain management appointment and was given my normal meds......Opana Er and Opana Ir. When I went to fill them I was told that the IR's have been discontinued......they are no longer available. Does anyone know if this is a permanent thing or are they reformulating those as well?

I don't think the instant release opana is cancelled. You can get generic oxymorphone IR, not just from Endo.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I can understand this because out of all the opiods I have done, I've never heard so many bad things about a painkiller. I have had not one, but two friends OD and die from Opana. Even my friends who IV morphine with me are afraid of Opana. I have never done it and after hearing so many things I am craving to do it. I just feel bad for the actual chronic pain patients. By the time I am an adult and can get my own prescriptions they'll probably have non abusable Xanax :(

Well I can understand this because out of all the opiods I have done, I've never heard so many bad things about a painkiller. I have had not one, but two friends OD and die from Opana. Even my friends who IV morphine with me are afraid of Opana. I have never done it and after hearing so many things I am craving to do it. I just feel bad for the actual chronic pain patients. By the time I am an adult and can get my own prescriptions they'll probably have non abusable Xanax :(

The question is if in the future they have pain meds that could take away your pain for 12 hours at a time but you couldnt get high on them & they dont have any addictive properties at all, would people still choose the addicting pills that gave them a high like Opana, Morphine or Oxy?

I doubt there will ever be a pill that is as effective as the abusable/addictive pills we have today.

The less abusable they make these pills, the less effective they become to those who require them the most.

Let's see the press release from Endo saying they've discontinued Opana IR, until I see a legit source I do not believe they've cancelled Opana IR. Remember there are generics available for the instant release version anyways.

I doubt there will ever be a pill that is as effective as the abusable/addictive pills we have today.

The less abusable they make these pills, the less effective they become to those who require them the most.

Let's see the press release from Endo saying they've discontinued Opana IR, until I see a legit source I do not believe they've cancelled Opana IR. Remember there are generics available for the instant release version anyways.

I've been searching and searching for anything confirming that they have been discontinued and cant find anything. However, when I went to pick them up from the pharmacy my pharmacist told me they were no longer available and called when I was standing there to see if he could get a release date. That's when they told him they have been discontinued. I had to go back to my pain management doc to tell her that and to have her write me an RX for something different. When I was there she told me her office called a different pharmacy (the one they usually refer patients to) and she was told by them as well that they are no longer available. I'm just passing on what I was told by a few pharmacies and doctors now. I'm going to continue searching for any press release or anything I can find on it.

First they totally change Oxycontin and now this? They might aswell pull them all off the shelves - morphine, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, levorphanol, fentanyl, and the rest and put 'em on Schedule I.

Just leave us with codeine, hydrocodone, and oxycodone. WTF?

They'll never get our dope, brothers! I'd like to see them try reformulating this fluffy, white, acrid-tasting, east coast... *gahhhhhh*

drooling_homer.png

I took a new 10mg opana before...I don't really have much of a tolerance and my tummy is a bit upset and I'm itchy (which is good) and my body feels good but I can't compare the feeling to any opiate I've done....

all in all....these things suck and the local junkies will have yet another reason to stop pharms and start heroin.

I was slinging when the OPs came out. Got , like 10, new clients overnight.
All reformulating does is push people to heroin

These things suck dick...took a new 10mg Opana and a 30mg morphine ER and I still feel my tooth pain...

I took a new 10mg opana before...I don't really have much of a tolerance and my tummy is a bit upset and I'm itchy (which is good) and my body feels good but I can't compare the feeling to any opiate I've done....

all in all....these things suck and the local junkies will have yet another reason to stop pharms and start heroin.
Have you ever tried the old formuation? I've heard the new formulation can pass right through you and out your ass still intact.
If I decide to continue using opana after there are no OG octagons left, I certainly won't go back to HeroWIN lol. I'm gunna switch to Dilaudid. I actually prefer dilaudid to opana. But the oxymorphine IR's will always be around in generic forms so all is not lost.

Just like everyone said, when they took OC off the market when I moved back to portland, everybody and their mommas, including my self, was hitting up the neighborhood dope man... If they just left us with OC I woulda been fine! Lol.