• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana ER is being pulled off the shelves by the FDA

I have read a lot of what is being posted on here about Opana and Drugs abuse and sorry folks taking Opanas off the shelves is only a way of Endo the makers of Opanas to continue being the only makers of Opana so its about the MONEY to hell with all of us that are going through real pain and as for drug users I don't think the company really cares about their drug being abused or not> they have waited until there patent of the extended release form. to all most be expired before making the new crush proof form. and have filed for a new patent that has been approved and will not expire until something like 2023 . So it is my belief it's all about the MONEY. Doing it the way ENDO has done it keeps the prices high and stops anyone from making a generic form of the Medication.

I'm curious to see if more people around here will be getting prescribed the generic Opana IRs soon. That's what happened when the OC's were yanked off the shelves; more people began to get scripted on the generic OxyIR's or Dilaudid. I still know some people who have been resisting the switch over to dope because of stigmas they have about using black tar. Opana ERs were kind of their last hope and now that they're gone, it's either over-pay for the aforementioned generic pharms or make the switch to dope...

I'd just switch to an equianalgesic dose of hydromorphone. No ER version in the USA, but people make do.

Generics will NOT be coming out September 2012

Watson will not be making generic opana ER until JUNE OF 2013. Sad but true. I called Watson to find out for myself last week because I heard via online it was going to be September of this year. The only thing people can do is call ENDO and complain to a pharmacist about adverse effects, one of the pharm. told me if enough people complain they will change the formula. The generic news is sad and disappointing.

Bump: It is now september!

Wheres my generics?!

WAIT...JUNE?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now Watson doesn't even know if they will be coming out with the generic as early as June 2013. And Impax was going to be January of 2013 for their generic but now their date is pushed back indefinitely and they don't even HAVE a ballpark date. I know this as I contacted both companies, pretty sure Endo challenged the patent again and has something to do with the fact they are saying the generics have to be the new time release version and no company can make a generic of the old version from now on except Actavis that already makes the 7.5 and 15 mg ER only. Bullshit news, I couldn't take the Opana ER crap was getting no relief had to switch to Duragesic 50mcg/hr (fentanyl patch) So far waaay better pain relief, don't know why I spent so much time in agony praying for the Opana to change. *sniff* time we all faced the music the old Opana ER formula is gone for good, for the time being and the near future. Thanks again to the FDA for ruining a medication that improved so many people's quality of life