Bluelight

Thread: Opana ER is being pulled off the shelves by the FDA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 67
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Bluelighter Survival0200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lonely place in silence
    Posts
    3,160
    It's a methadone analogue: levo-alpha-acetyl-methadol.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Bluelighter taylor_105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl.
    Posts
    156
    In its place I got prescribed MS Contin 60 mg. I had never had it as I only had the Morphine IR in the past and hated it. I like the MS Contin. It is really covering my pain well and I was surprised by this. I may not switch to the new Opanas as long as this is helping me because all I care about is not being in pain!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Bluelighter Doug2113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,543
    amen...that's actually what I would like to be on (60mg MS Contin BID w/ maybe 3 15-mg IRs for breakthrough...or hell a few vic 10's if I'm not on gabapentin...
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    Bluelighter taylor_105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl.
    Posts
    156
    I tried Gabapentin at the very beginning of pain management and all it did is make me hungry so I gained 20 pounds in three months and it actually changed my mood. I hated it. I was always angry. I had never had a medication make me feel so full of rage as gaba did. I wonder if anyone else had this experience?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Bluelighter HeadphonesandLSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dixie Land
    Posts
    488
    Little update: One of my friends came up for refills recently, no problem filling his script. I asked him to see if there would be a problem next month, but for free of begin labeled a "Druggie" he didn't ask.

    I'll report back later this month, and the start of next (when the change over it supposed to happen). I'll keep you guys informed. By the way, word of this has gotten around and I'm already hearing of street prices for these going up on everyone.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #31
    Bluelighter TheLostBoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadphonesandLSD View Post
    Little update: One of my friends came up for refills recently, no problem filling his script. I asked him to see if there would be a problem next month, but for free of begin labeled a "Druggie" he didn't ask.

    I'll report back later this month, and the start of next (when the change over it supposed to happen). I'll keep you guys informed. By the way, word of this has gotten around and I'm already hearing of street prices for these going up on everyone.

    Im assuming Roxis will be more popular than ever........
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #32
    Bluelighter HeadphonesandLSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dixie Land
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostBoys View Post
    Im assuming Roxis will be more popular than ever........
    I have assumed this myself, when the old school OCs got pulled they did get pretty popular. But the supply is limited and a roxi is nothing like an Opana ER. People will do whatever to attain the mythical buzz, but I seriously doubt you'd be able to replace a high daily Opana habit with oxycodone and attain the same effects. Also, you have to consider a lot of people that abused were mixing Opana with other opiates, oxycodone begin the most popular IME.

    This is going to be a bad year to be a pill head anyway. We've seen this and that pulled off the market, rising prices on the streets, the situation in America's penis....its just drying up. I'm watching it happen before my eyes down here and its awful for everyone involved. I'm actually expecting H to push its way into these areas that are currently dominated with a pill market, there is just going to come a time where there won't be enough out there for everyone (actually that's already true) and with the rising prices H is just looking more and more like the better buy as time goes on.

    I hope that it doesn't come to that, but I currently don't see any other way unless most everyone kicks their pill habits. I don't see many of them kicking and going to a "clinic" for the liquid hand cuffs just isn't something people do around here. Its not like the big cities, it an entirely different game/world.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #33
    Greenlighter Caspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ɹǝʇno ǝɔɐds
    Posts
    26
    I didn't go through and read every reply, so I apologize if this has been said already...

    I think the "shortage" is all about where you live now, because most of the pharmacies around where I live, have all received shipments of Opana in various dosages. I know a few people who have gotten their scripts filled with absolutely no issues filling their scripts. I know the 20s, 30s, and 40s are available locally. & that's at big chain pharmacies, not just mom & pop pharmacies.

    Not to mention, Opana is back in production, because people that are on the Endo PAP program are receiving their meds as well. Another thing I read was that the 10MG ER'S will be the first ones put out. So perhaps the OG 20s, 30s, and 40s will be around a bit longer..

    ...But once again, I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I just skimmed through the first page of replies. Hopefully this helps clear some stuff up, though...
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #34
    Bluelighter TheLostBoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Caspa View Post
    I didn't go through and read every reply, so I apologize if this has been said already...

    I think the "shortage" is all about where you live now, because most of the pharmacies around where I live, have all received shipments of Opana in various dosages. I know a few people who have gotten their scripts filled with absolutely no issues filling their scripts. I know the 20s, 30s, and 40s are available locally. & that's at big chain pharmacies, not just mom & pop pharmacies.

    Not to mention, Opana is back in production, because people that are on the Endo PAP program are receiving their meds as well. Another thing I read was that the 10MG ER'S will be the first ones put out. So perhaps the OG 20s, 30s, and 40s will be around a bit longer..

    ...But once again, I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I just skimmed through the first page of replies. Hopefully this helps clear some stuff up, though...

    Opana is back but with a new formulation, correct? That is what is being shipped in your area as well.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #35
    Bluelighter TheLostBoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadphonesandLSD View Post
    I have assumed this myself, when the old school OCs got pulled they did get pretty popular. But the supply is limited and a roxi is nothing like an Opana ER. People will do whatever to attain the mythical buzz, but I seriously doubt you'd be able to replace a high daily Opana habit with oxycodone and attain the same effects. Also, you have to consider a lot of people that abused were mixing Opana with other opiates, oxycodone begin the most popular IME.

    This is going to be a bad year to be a pill head anyway. We've seen this and that pulled off the market, rising prices on the streets, the situation in America's penis....its just drying up. I'm watching it happen before my eyes down here and its awful for everyone involved. I'm actually expecting H to push its way into these areas that are currently dominated with a pill market, there is just going to come a time where there won't be enough out there for everyone (actually that's already true) and with the rising prices H is just looking more and more like the better buy as time goes on.

    I hope that it doesn't come to that, but I currently don't see any other way unless most everyone kicks their pill habits. I don't see many of them kicking and going to a "clinic" for the liquid hand cuffs just isn't something people do around here. Its not like the big cities, it an entirely different game/world.

    Maybe the heroin will be of a higher potency & better quality than ever before if the pills are being pushed out of the market. I for one have never tried heroin or Opana but I wanted to try Opana but never knew anyone that had any.........but maybe thats a good thing because I would be sitting here after trying it a few times & not being able to get it again.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #36
    Greenlighter Caspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ɹǝʇno ǝɔɐds
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostBoys View Post
    Opana is back but with a new formulation, correct? That is what is being shipped in your area as well.
    They are coming out with a new formulation, yes. But so far, only the 10MG XR tablets have been made. The original formulation is still making its rounds to the local pharmacies. The new abuse resistant ones still haven't made it to my area. All of the opana's I've come across, have been the original formula. Whether it's me just acquiring them from someone, or taking a family member to get their Rx filled... it's been all original formula man.

    So in short, no... the new formulation is not being shipped to my area.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #37
    Bluelighter HeadphonesandLSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dixie Land
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostBoys View Post
    I for one have never tried heroin or Opana but I wanted to try Opana but never knew anyone that had any.........but maybe thats a good thing because I would be sitting here after trying it a few times & not being able to get it again.
    All I have to say is its far stronger than you think. I don't care how much you've read up on it, you don't know until you've done it yourself. If you do run into some be _very very very_ careful with them. I can not stress enough how easy it is to over do it with Opana. Whatever kind of past you have...this shit will humble you if you go for nasal ROA.
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #38
    Greenlighter Caspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ɹǝʇno ǝɔɐds
    Posts
    26
    HP&L, I completely agree man (or woman.). I can do 10mgs of oxymorphone, and feel amazing. 20mg, and here comes the nodddd. So potent. Just one time, I'd like to IV an IR10. I bet that is intense as FUCK. Oh man..
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #39
    Anybody know if the new er 40s are available in southern west virginia yet?
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #40
    Bluelighter memphis10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    memphis, tn
    Posts
    539
    an old friend told me they are all over NC now

    red 30s that are round

    and good luck crushing em
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #41
    Moderator
    Other Drugs

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    Posts
    11,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Caspa View Post
    They are coming out with a new formulation, yes. But so far, only the 10MG XR tablets have been made. The original formulation is still making its rounds to the local pharmacies. The new abuse resistant ones still haven't made it to my area. All of the opana's I've come across, have been the original formula. Whether it's me just acquiring them from someone, or taking a family member to get their Rx filled... it's been all original formula man.

    So in short, no... the new formulation is not being shipped to my area.
    actually, they have reformulated more than just the 10mg ones, I can vouch that at least the 20mgs have been reformulated by now.
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #42
    Greenlighter Witemike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    U.S. The Beach
    Posts
    31
    I have a few of the new 10's they r round and under the coating the pill looks like opaque plastic. I could use sandpaper and an electric drill rigged up to sand down the ops to make a fine powder but my attempt with these new opana didn't work the same way so they are definitely different. I used a razor and cut one opana 10 into very thin slices (took a good amount of time) and now i'm experimenting on small portions of it with different Liquids and techniques to see if I can defeat ths new formulation. Water obviously gels the pill still but I tried it any way just to see. Alcohol doesn't work either anymore but the gel seems to be just as nasty as the ops.

    I'm going to try the microwave trick that seems to be effective for ops and see if that works, then gonna move to some solvents like acetone or meh if I can get some
    Last edited by Witemike; 19-03-2012 at 04:27. Reason: feel = gel mybad
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by tricomb View Post
    That's terrible my friend! Gas prices are getting outrageous.

    You should ask your doctor for the MS100s, I have been on the 60s and the 100s. I HIGHLY recommend, seriously I can't stress this enough PLUGGING YOUR MORPHINE. It almost triples it's BA and it FEELS like 10x stronger.

    I'm on MScontin 60mg, how is plugging compared to IV?
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #44
    Greenlighter Witemike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    U.S. The Beach
    Posts
    31
    Ok I tried the browning in the micro I put it in there for like 14 minutes and it only got really hot. Just as reference I normally nuke an op for 7 to 9 minutes to get a whole pill browned this opana was maybe a fifth to a quarter and it didn't even start to brown. What I did do that I thought may have had a little effect was putting a little bit in a spoon and put a flame underneath till it started to brown. I then put the spoon in the freezer to cool it off. Once cooled I added some water and mixed quickly and sucked up the water through a cotton. I used a rig with no needle attached and the liquid was not gelatinous at all.

    Couple of things to mention, first the liquid didn't taste bitter (the pill shaving don't either). Second I didn't enough pill to feel a rush even if I managed to get all the Oxy m into the rig. And third the remainder of contents in the spoon did turn to gel by the time I was done.

    All in all i'm not sure if it worked but if someone wants to try this on a larger scale and confirm or deny if it works be my guest.

    One last thing the heat from the lighter under the spoon may have destroyed the Oxy m i'm not sure on the heat it takes to destroy the molecule but it was short duration with back and forth repetition just long enough to brown.

    I only have 2 more tens so I wanna try some other stuff like acetone to see if that works. If anyone else has any suggestions let me know and I'll try them if I can
    Last edited by Witemike; 19-03-2012 at 06:12. Reason: dumbme
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #45
    Moderator
    Other Drugs

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    Posts
    11,800
    Quote Originally Posted by DoseYouAll View Post
    I'm on MScontin 60mg, how is plugging compared to IV?
    It's almost as good. I don't IV anymore and plugging it is perfect
    Reply With Quote
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #46
    Bluelighter HeadphonesandLSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dixie Land
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by memphis10 View Post
    an old friend told me they are all over NC now

    red 30s that are round

    and good luck crushing em
    I can confirm this, over the last few days they've been flooding into that general area. VA is also seeing them here and there.
    Reply With Quote
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #47
    I just went to my pain management appointment and was given my normal meds......Opana Er and Opana Ir. When I went to fill them I was told that the IR's have been discontinued......they are no longer available. Does anyone know if this is a permanent thing or are they reformulating those as well?
    Reply With Quote
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #48
    Moderator
    Other Drugs

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    Posts
    11,800
    I don't think the instant release opana is cancelled. You can get generic oxymorphone IR, not just from Endo.
    Reply With Quote
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #49
    Bluelighter XThexXTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,075
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #50
    Bluelighter benzo bars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    124
    Well I can understand this because out of all the opiods I have done, I've never heard so many bad things about a painkiller. I have had not one, but two friends OD and die from Opana. Even my friends who IV morphine with me are afraid of Opana. I have never done it and after hearing so many things I am craving to do it. I just feel bad for the actual chronic pain patients. By the time I am an adult and can get my own prescriptions they'll probably have non abusable Xanax
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •