• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your MBTI (personality type) and your Drug of Choice.

Apparently I'm an INTJ, which I find interesting as this is my first encounter with Jungian (even psuedo-internet-Jungian) psychology and it gave me a 12% thinking, while my non-Jungian therapists seem to believe that many of my problems stem from overthinking things in an abstract (i.e. borderline) manner. They don't see me as an introvert- they see me as a social phobic with no fixed sense of self and chronic mood swings.

Sorta leds credenice to the idea that most psychologist/psychiatrists are people who are employed to subjectively judge the statements of a patient- i.e. it has little basis in science and is little more than varying opinions.

For fucks sake, the only reason I was briefly labeled as schitzotypal-boarderline (which couldn't exist as they are polar opposite mental conditions) cause I said that I believe that multiculturalism is a collective lie that has fallled to provide to social cohesion it was meant to (I likened multiculturalism to plato's idea of a 'noble lie' and this resulted in the psychiatrist deemning me to suffer from 'delusional ideas' and 'disordered thought'.)

Anyway- my drug of absolute choice would be ketamine. I suppose morphine would have a better case as being my DOC, but lets put it this way- I;d prefer to be a ketamine addict than a morphine addict. Walking on clouds is so much better than a blanket, no matter how warm and snuggly.

INTJ

And my DOC? Opiates

I love Myers-Briggs tests done well, I'll check the link later.
But I am a strong INTj...But I tend to confound MB because I lie at the extremes of both poles on every one...so average out quite middling...Last one I had at work, the lazy psych bloke said "you're fairly right down the middle" only to be told how to interpret the test...
Basically, I am an extreme introvert with strong extrovert tendencies and everything else slowly works toward the middle from there.

DOC: Ice / methamphetamine...

I don't necessarily think that a certain drug can be fitted to a certain personality. In some cases yes. But MDMA, makes my ”Introverted Intuition” more extroverted though .

I would be be stunned if 90% of INs weren't into stimulants.

Last edited by a moderator:
INTP - DMT

wasn't thinking that at all, DMT didn't even cross my mind. I would say I love weed more than any other drug though. This makes me want to smoke DMT againt though, i've only tried it once and definetely loved it

I'm INFP - the chart claims I should like mushrooms. It's hard to say, 'cause I'm never tried 'shrooms...but my DOC are oxy and heroin.

Also, where is this data being pulled from? The science major in me refuses to take anything like this seriously without some serious sources xD

INTJ here. My DOC has been LSD for quite a long time. In fact, acid was the very first drug that, after reading about its effects, I thought to myself "hey, I really want to try this".

That said, I've always wanted to get some real experience with DMT (which would pretty much involve me getting off my lazy ass and doing some goram research).

EDIT: Oh, and I've taken a few MBTI tests, all resulted in INTJ except for one, which reported INTP, so maybe the (I) side of the chart isn't too far off?

INTP. Gotta try DMT eh?

However my general drugs of choice are stims. The more energy the better, so many things I want and need to do.

Don't worry. I already went through some slight to moderate addictions some time ago. That post makes it sound like I use hard stims for coping with everyday tasks, fortunately that's only true for caffeine (sometimes lots of). Which is still a stim, isn't it.
Those hard ones like meph or coke, in the last year I have been using those like once per two weeks, definitely not on weekdays. ;)

Different classes of drugs for different people

Hi all..

I've always thought while reading bluelight posts that it is interesting that certain people fall in love with uppers like meth and coke, some fall in love with downers like heroin, and others fall in love with psychedlics like acid and mushies.

Has anyone noticed the personality types that go with each drug? Heres my thought....

The uppers folks are the more extroverted who have usually always been a bit crazy, kids who at school were always coming up with wacky ideas and alternative ways of doing things. I've known a lot of people with ADHD (diagnosed and un-diagnosed) who get into stimulants in a big way saying that it actually chills them out and focusses them. Party people who love to dance and are permantly a bit scattered.Wild kids. We love to feel on top of the world, and enjoy the grandois feeling of 'anything is possible' that you get on good stims. Addicition turns meth heads into wraiths - walking dead, but for those who keep on top of it, every time is magic.

The downers are those who love to sink into nothingness and shut the world out every now and again, more introverted types, often quiet reflective people who value complete relaxation. Would rather hang out at home and get high than go out dancing or to a pub. A good nod is bliss for a little while, and they look forward to the next one. Although this changes once true addiction kicks in, because they have to do questionable things to keep themselves going, but the personality stays the same. A few of these guys are able to train their habit and become functioning junkies who go to work every day, even have familes, but still get high regularly and use harm reduction and common sense to keep on top of it.

Pyschedelics - Mostly nerds! Those who want to use psychedelics to learn and grow and expand. Intelligent sorts who value tripping and hold it as sacred, often only doing it on special occasions when the set and setting are just right to have a mind expanding spiritual experience. These guys are often very intelligent and know a lot about drugs. Intellectual types, also very curious people who can talk about any topic. They are also lucky as their drugs of choice are cheap/free and not addictive. Often pepople who were VERY straight and accademic - until their first trip!!

On another topic...

The other remarkable thing i've seen time and time again is the effect that one's first good MDMA pill has. Especially in that I've seen macho egotistic ignorant wankers - the sort who go out just to get into fights - change over night on their first good pill and realise that there is love all round them and that they are on the wrong path. I remember one guy, sitting by himself in a car in the morning at a rave - head in hands shaking his head. I asked him what was wrong and all he could say was, 'now i understand! its clear now! I love life and it loves me. i have nothing to be scared of' (or words to that effect). And this was a big guy covered in tats wearing gangster clothing in a souped up car. But i understood immediately. Another convert.

There are obviously lots more drugs i could mention but they are the 3 biggies... personally im a stim persion, whether it be meth, MDMA or Coke, it is the only high i am interested in. I fell in love with it 14 years ago and still love it just as much now. Ive had some degree of addiction at times and fucked up more times than i could count, but now i'm on top of it and in a good pattern where i use it regularly but go back to real life inbetween. Pretty much all the friends that i used with when i first started have stopped though which saddens me. Anyway I digress from my topic. Just strange - different strokes for different folks

WC

WC

Test result: ESTJ (Alcohol)

But my DOC is heroin/morphine. So the test was wrong in regards to my DOC.

I think Morphine stands for both morphine and heroin in that chart (because there is no heroin), while the oxycodone stands for oxycodone and the rest of the prescription opioids (besides heroin/morphine).

Last edited:
ISTJ - find myself heavily involved with benzos most of the time.
But that's in part due to availability.
My DOC is definitely MDMA and Shrooms, but they're not always around...
perhaps particular drug use affected my personality type, not the other way around?..

ISTJ, I Like benzos, but my DOC is MDMA and mephe

INFP (The healer, I think)

DMT/LSD/MXE

I'm one for profound experiences over everything else.

I'm noticing there's a lot of S types here, sensing.
They seem to like the drugs which are more on-hands and instant, more feeling types of drugs.

Whereas the N types, Intuition, seem to be more interested in the psychedelics.
But of course, there is some cross over.
The test isn't perfect either.

I definitely agree that I find more intelligent people going for Psychedelics, from experience too.

Remember that the table is still a work in progress.
I would also think that a T, thinker, would be more interested in experiences rather than feelings.
Whereas an F, feeler, would be more interested in the feelings of the moment.

Not quite sure on Introversion/extroversion just yet, I can see introverts using stimulants/benzos to become more extroverted.

I think a lot of this depends on the context, too.

ESFP, MDMA although it makes me introverted for the first hour. and then mega extrovert

INFP- Mdma, shrooms and benzos are my favourites.

ESFP and i think opiates and meth are my DOC....but its constantly changing.....I like alot of drugs....