Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Why are drugs illegal?

rickolasnice

Bluelighter
I've heard em all..

But what are your opinions and why?

Why did they become illegal? Why does the government ignore statistical data and advice from top people involved in the field? Why are they still illegal?

There's a whole series of documentaries about this exact subject, National Geo. ones I think. As far as I can remember they're called Illegal Drugs & How They Got That Way, or something along those lines. I'm sure someone will know the exact ones I mean, give them a watch.

Strangely enough, racism has quite a large part to play in it with certain drugs.

Especially substances like psychedelics which cause a paradigm shift in thought processes and and make you question things. Drugs by big pharma that keep people doing those 12 hour factory shifts on the other hand so that more shit can be made are exactly what the system wants.

My brother smoked 5 pots and overdosed. :(

There's a load of reasons, some make sense, some don't. Although there seems to be no answer as to why it is illegal to actually get 'high' (on any drug) in the first place. Heard a video recently that claimed it was taking the 'keys to your conciousness' and while I wouldn't go that far, it's along the same lines. You'll most find many explanations as to why each chemical is illegal but it will vary depending on what you read and the location.

Strangely enough, racism has quite a large part to play in it with certain drugs.

For absolutely no good reaon whatsoever.

Because The Man wants it that way.

because governments can't ever admit to being wrong about anything

Especially substances like psychedelics which cause a paradigm shift in thought processes and and make you question things.

All of the above and more.

Politics.

But for your own health and well-being? Never.

Yeah i read about that few years ago.. the chinese and opium (THE CHINESE ARE GETTING OUR WOMEN ADDICTED TO OPIUM AND RAPING THEM IN THEIR OPIUM HOUSES), black americans and cannabis, etc..

Jesus christ, because they're bad for you, stupid. Next question.

Anybody think one of the reasons is because the government actually profit from the black market / arresting almost everyone on sight?

I mean.. since the invasion of afghanistan the availability of heroin went way up..

I don't think there is an overriding conspiracy. I think it largely stems from politicians and papers years ago creating an artificial enemy in our midst to justify electing them or buying their papers, and it has just spread like wild fire and spiralled out of control. The people believe the shit that was, and continues, to be fed to them, the politicans promise to do something, and the cycle repeats. The cat is out of the bag, and I think in a generation or two we will see the majority of the population knowing that it's bullshit.

Especially substances like psychedelics which cause a paradigm shift in thought processes and and make you question things.

This.

Also suspect that alcohol companies spend a lot of money brown paper bagging those in charge.

I don't think there is an overriding conspiracy. I think it largely stems from politicians and papers years ago creating an artificial enemy in our midst to justify electing them or buying their papers, and it has just spread like wild fire and spiralled out of control. The people believe the shit that was, and continues, to be fed to them, the politicans promise to do something, and the cycle repeats. The cat is out of the bag, and I think in a generation or two we will see the majority of the population knowing that it's bullshit.

Agreed, although I do think there's more too it than that (or at least there was more too it than that back in the day). Not sure about the generation or two part either, unfortunately I think it'll take a lot longer before the people in power will radically change anything for the better with regard to drug laws.

Drugs, in my mind, are essentially illegal because people with power said to themselves "I don't like this, and I don't like other people taking this, so I will make it illegal to do such things". Whether it's bad for you or not, doesn't matter. It comes down to principle, and the right to make you're own decisions and make you're own mistakes.

So yeah, to put it simple, drugs are illegal for no good reason at all. What may have started out as true good intentions, has become hypocritical and based solely on money and greed.

Rarely does the subject of safety actually have anything to do with it. Which is obviously the opposite from what the governments would like us to believe.
Just look at alcohol, pretty damn dangerous. Damaging, yet legal. Same with tobacco.

Of course there is the odd thing that it's for safety, but usually it's just politics.

Just been reading about US defoliation efforts in the Colombian coca fields. Five times the toxic dose dropped from the air onto FARC controlled areas; eradicate a plant and make a Commie sick.

Note the drug laws uniquely penalize not an act but a state of being. Take your search for explanation outward from there. 'Thought police' keep the people from appreciating how they've been suckered. We think in words and, if you look closely at the way language is used, you'll see how many of your 'opinions' have been made for you without your even knowing it. 'Your vote counts', you're told, straightfaced.

Yeah i understand that..

The media basically tells people what to think, who to vote for, etc..