• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Share Write and share a micro-story, essay, or poem!

I am an alcoholic at "5-8 drinks/weekend." Time for a new doc. This time leaving off the "end," I receive a quiet nod of approval.

I'm finding a way
to do without
these drugs
that make me feel this way
but my natural self,
filled with ups and downs
i need a constant,
a particular drug,
which produces a familiar effect
some stability
for a few hours
at least I can be sure
that i'll be fine...
that i'll be just fine
for a few hours at a time
a lifetime of stability
based externally,
from time to time,
i'll be fine.
I'm sure I'll be just fine
from time to time.

A great writer died today. I drank to his memory. And now I'm drunk and in a lamentable mood. I thought about writing something grand and worthy of his memory as tribute. But alas all I could come up with is this sub par micro tribute that is hardly grand or worthy. Rest in peace Mr. Hitchens your intellect will be sorely missed, and don't worry I shall not keep the faith.

Yesterday I saw that the grey river had risen to swallow the trunks of the massive pink trees lining the bank. In the scribble of bare branches etched into the thin grey sky huge paper maché stars had fallen from the night like broken piñatas.

Hasta mañana, said the frog to the chicken, as it crossed the road.

unpure haiku

a frog leaps into water
the owls are not what they seem
a quack in the moor

I'm lost in the moor
the owls are not what they seem
a frog is quacking

Last edited:
A bigger explosion through pity in the dark
Watch out for the sunshine becoming in a flash
Some trigger reaction some strong sort of a smash
For when devastation reaches the twelve hours mark

"Today is a dreadful day," moaned the anion. I cast a helpless glance to the heavens - why was it always so negative?

the great rock n roll swindle they say
putting over the edge some mysterious skin
bosses over Miami over the rising sun

coupé cruising electric rounds of certitude

A scattered veil. Webs within webs within webs. The habitat itself a guided visualisation. Flits of light, frondescence, jade. Blowing a bubble in which to sit.

My fellows tried hardly to break me free
Speaking languages I can't hear or see
I washed my bones in the midnight sea
And sang songs to the moon

The branches spell out prophecy
The worms ate all the best in me
Too bad it's my destiny
To be buried alive

How sad, the joke's on you
the soil it snuck me through
Now my bones are coming for you
Cause I'm already dead

Ahaha, there was something like this going around Facebook a while back when I still had my account. The story I posted was...

Somnolence
I feel the whiteness in a rush of light and allow the slideshow to begin the transition into the colorful or colorless world I conceal.

^Love that!^

Grief is an unraveling, first the clothes that you used to cover your nakedness, then the skin that held your bones, then the very bones themselves go arcing and wheeling away like a flock of sparrows; black alphabet of loss in an empty white sky.

sorry, lazy, didn't count characters.:\

Laid upon the bed a love unfathomed
With splendid eyes as rare as an eclipse.
Her silken hair - a beauty unravelled.
A ceaseless kiss from her tender red lips.

It's a little cheesy but I don't mind it.

All I remember of last night's dream was filling out paperwork, as if, even here in the dreamworld, everything must be calculated, everything has a cost.

The needle comes a knockin and stabbin at my dreams. Euphoria seeks to release, to control the uncontrollable and make it bearable, to oblige me anyway shape or form. The dreaded awakening comes... am I done with it? Is it done with me?

Rays of sunshine permeate through every single drop of rain
I finally understand the concept of harmony and disharmony being one in the same

... and it is seen how the dew of a rose, with each promised dawning day ~ its essence is carried towards and along the suns rays.

for better days?

or a better place?

one in the same our thought takes I there alone.

Waiting here for change,
each day the same as the last,
wondering where it's all headed,
if not into the past.

Staring back into the setting sun, the light at the end of the tunnel through time, ready to walk ceaselessly into the night - leaving a new dawn, the waking sun, to the newborn, a growing son.